Babysitter [HS]

By hesdaddy

when Harry's nanny calls it quits last minute, he has no other option but to ask Adrina if she could play th... More

prologue
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven

one

30.2K 684 361
By hesdaddy

ADRINA : 3 months later

"Are you joining us for ice cream later, biatchhh?" Valerie, my best friend of 13 years questions nonchalantly while sitting aside me on the swing set.

"Wouldn't miss it," I exclaimed almost sarcastically, eyes scanning over the numerous children on the playground.

"God, I hate kids." She rolled her eyes as a little boy ran by screaming with a dodgeball in his hand. I laughed at the perfect example and nodded, jumping off the swing to which she asked, "Where ya going?"

"Mom needs me for some reason, I'll be back in a minute or two probably." I assured her, brushing the wrinkles out of my skirt. We'd always chill around the school after we were done, most of the time because Val's mom was almost late every day and I was here anyway.

"K, just text me and let me know when you need me to come get you."

I nodded, finishing off our goodbyes as we parted ways for a short while before I sashayed towards the entrance of my school building.

My mother teaches 3 and 4 year olds at the school I go to, which holds grades preschool to year 12. It's convenient in the way that I have her here when I need to, but also slightly irritating because I've been trapped in the same school since I was five. I'vent got to experience with new kids or teachers at all, making the whole college idea nerve-racking.

I shook the thought out of my head momentarily as I turned into my mom's classroom, eyes landing on her frame and trailing to the man and little girl facing their backs towards me who were currently conversing with her.

I took a seat at one of the mini desks as I waited for her to turn around, the size of the thing obviously not meant to hold a 17 year old teenager but I didn't really give a flying fuck.

After my mom finished whatever she was doing, she mentioned my name and I raised my eyebrows. "What do you need, ma?"

I hadn't realized I'd interrupted their conversation, as the guy paused and turned his head at my voice.

What the fuck. It was the man, the fucking rude but somehow charming man, that caught a train ride with me that night.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watched him study me, his eyes widening a fraction as I'm assuming in the same fashion as mine. This could not be any more... Odd.

"Adrina, it's rude to interrupt! I do apologize, Mr.Styles. She's got no filter at times." My mother laughed to herself and I discreetly rolled my eyes at her unneeded explanation.

"So this is Adrina," Mr.Styles observes, glaring slightly. I gnawed at the side of my cheek, uncomfortably not knowing how to respond. "We've met before, haven't we?"

I shook my head vigorously, eyes widening, "N-no, I've never seen you in my life"

"Are you sure?" He interjected falsely, obviously aware that he ran his big hands on my legs weeks prior from today.

Shaking my head no again I raised my hand, changing the subject quickly and getting to the point. "I'm confused. Just, why am I here?"

"Of course you are honey," my mother laughed while Mr. Styles looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, unaware of why I rejected our previous encounter. "You haven't even let me explain"

I ignored the looks, gesturing my hands as to ask, well what are you waiting for? How the hell did you run into the same people I met at 1 am some random day in October? And why do you need me here?"

"I've got a proposal for you, Adrina. You can take it or leave it." Train boy steps in, directly cutting to the chase. "My Anabelle here and I have been looking for a sitter to replace the.. old one. Your mother suggested that you'd be a great cut. I wasn't aware you didn't know, so the deal is on the table. However it is moderately urgent."

Letting his question sink in for a bit, I bit my lip in thought before pointing out a few things. "I don't even know you. How can you just ask me out of the blue?" I questioned, a little thrown off  by his sudden straightforwardness and how my mother would just agree without saying a word to me.

"Look, sweetheart, I am just asking you a favor. I'll have you come over a few nights, we'll see how it goes and if everything looks good we'll be smooth sailing."

I pursed my lips at his negotiation, taking note of his outfit which consisted of a black button up shirt with some weird pattern on it coordinated with black jeans and tan boots. Overall, looked rich as fuck.

"Well what about me? How can I be comfortable when I haven't ev-" I began, interrupted by my mother who shook her head, "No no no, Mr. Styles. This is not up for debate. Adri would love to help you out. She's 17 now and needs to be working- I can guarantee shes a very intelligent girl and responsible too."

He nodded, processing the new information and eyeing me- silently asking for an answer.

"I mean..." I began to babble on about my view of things before I caught my mother eyeing me, quietly begging. I sighed, giving in "Fine. It's just a little unexpected,"

The focal reason behind why I agreed was to satisfy my mother, but that didn't stop me from feeling kind of ticked off that she wouldn't even warn me; but instead put me into a situation where it was basically inevitable to say no.

He smiled slightly, responding by adding a soft "wonderful." Contradictory to my mom, who shrieked, "Fantastic! Oh, good. Just let Mr. Styles and I talk a few things over, go introduce yourself to Anabelle she's right over there."

Nodding, I fled over to where Anabelle sat at one of the tables as quickly as possible, relived that I was able to get out of that awkward situation.

I sunk back into the tiny school chair besides the curly haired child, cramping my ass into it only being half the battle. My mother and Mr.Styles were indulged into conversation which most likely involved me. How is the world so small that I could run into such people again?

The little girl next to me watched as I stole a marker from the middle of the table and started to doodle, a way of blocking out my thoughts for the time being. I had to admit it, as frustrated as I was for not knowing a thing about this arrangement before right now, the 4 year old was pretty cute. Really cute, actually.

Once I introduced myself, or reintroduced considering she slept most of the train ride and most likely wouldn't remember me, I tried getting her to talk even the slightest. She came off fairly shy. I felt like I won some kind of prize when she eventually told me that her favorite color is pink.

We sat in silence for a bit longer, not that I minded really. After a while I finished up with my little sketch of a sunflower- accidentally staining some of it into the wooden surface. Oops.

"Woah, that's pr-pretty" She finally spoke up own her own, her soft voice and small compliment making me grin.

"Thank you doll but it's just a little something." I tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear, laughing quietly as I glanced at her shaking her head.

"It's not 'drina" She disagreed delicately, "Can you do that to mine, please?"

I studied her face, her eyes telling me that she genuinely wanted me to do this little crap drawing. "Uh, sure?" I nodded and she smiled in satisfaction with my consent. Her small hands enclosed around my own, tugging me to her desk which was more towards the back of the room where my mother was chatting with her father.

"Start, please!" She handed me a blue sharpie, and I raised my eyebrows at her slight pushiness but shrugged it off. She's like four years old so I didn't really care, kids are kids.

"Come sit next to me," I patted the seat besides me, "What should we draw?"

She hummed, thinking of an answer before murmuring, "Oh, what-what about Spongebob!"

"You like spongebob?!" I gasped, "I knew I liked you.."

Minutes later I had sketched out an outline for her to color in, and as she worked on that I couldn't help but eavesdrop on the conversation behind me.

"I do think she will be a nice fit," Mr. Styles whispered, "Look at how fast Anabelle warmed up to her already."

"I told you, I am very proud of Adri and I'm sure she won't let you down."

-

"Okay, so tomorrow after school." My mom confirmed, shaking Mr. Styles hand as I stood up to do the same.

"Actually, I'd like to walk Adrina out, if you don't mind. Just to discuss a few things." He intervened. Shit, no, I couldn't walk alone with him.

My eyes widened as I silently pleaded my mom to tell me she needed to stay behind or something, but instead she smiled "No problem at all, sir. Have a nice evening."

"You, too" grinning, he kneeled down to his daughter. "Ready to go home, dolly?"

"Only if we're getting McDonald's, I really really really want some chicken nuggets."

"We're not getting- Fine. Just tonight," He gave in, zipping up her jacket. "Daddy's rules."

My mom goodbye'd us once again as we exited her classroom, but I ignored her while I tried keeping up with the two ahead of me.

God, he had such long legs. It felt like I was 80 centuries away from catching up to him.

"So," he started once I finally reached their side. "You really don't remember me, do you?"

I swallowed, "I do. I just didn't think it was fitting for my mom to find out right then that I'd snuck out of my house as I was grounded to meet some friends and caught a train home alone."

I mentally slap myself once he replies,
"Responsible."

;;
hiiiiii
if I've gotten a few readers so far, hope you enjoyed! Tell me how you feel about it if you want to
2 votes & 2 comments maybe?
dedicated to a7ooooobk , my first reader and voter! X
All the love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 549 25
Short one shots featuring Harry Styles and Y/N. Please vote and feel free to make requests. Some stories will detail which Harry era features, otherw...
91.6K 1.5K 42
After two years in juvie, Harry is out and back in school, ready to make the person who went unpunished pay. THE MATERIAL IN THIS FANFIC IS INAPPROPR...
768K 16.1K 34
"Let's see how much you want me to leave, shall we?" He says moving his hand down between my legs. I let out a shaky breath. Was I really gonna let t...
110K 4.5K 31
*Includes Mature Content* Harry Styles: the founder and CEO of one of the fastest-growing American record labels and recording companies in the world...