Return of the Stag :: Book On...

By siriuschaos_

What happens when James Potter, father of Harry Potter, has miraculously returned from the dead? When James... More

Chapter 1 - Awakened
Chapter 2 - Reunited at Last
Chapter 3 - The Dream
Chapter 4 - Meeting James
Chapter 6 - 2nd Year
Chapter 7 - 3rd Year
Chapter 8 - Snowball fight and Lunch
Chapter 9 - 4th Year
Chapter 10 - Christmas pt. 1
Chapter 11 - Christmas pt. 2
Chapter 12 - Christmas pt. 3 and return to Hogwarts
R.I.P. Alan Rickman
Chapter 13 - O.W.L's and Sirius
Chapter 14 - The Ministry pt. 1
Chapter 15 - The Ministry pt. 2
Chapter 16 - Safe for Now

Chapter 5 - 1st Year

19.5K 506 224
By siriuschaos_

EDITED

Harry smirked. "Well our new defence teacher works for Fudge, so she isn't letting us use magic, so we, Ron, Hermione and I, formed a club that allows other students who want to learn how to defend themselves learn," Harry said. James nodded at this. Sirius was paying attention to them but was also reading the daily prophet. "Who's teaching these classes?" James asked. Hermione smiled. "Harry does. We figured that he was the most experienced out of us. I mean he's faced You-Know-Who multiple times already." Hermione said. Harry looked away from James. He had a slight blush coating his cheeks. "Hermione. He doesn't know yet...." Harry said quietly. James looked at Harry who had looked away. "Harry, what does Hermione mean by that?" James asked sitting up from his slackened position. "Dad, Voldemort-Hermione flinched at this-has been after me ever since I beat him when I was a baby," Harry said. James looked horror-stricken at this. "He what?" James said. Before Harry could respond there was a flash of light and everyone jumped back. James leaned forward first looking at what had appeared. "It's from Dumbledore," James said picking up the note. "Here." James handed the note to Harry, and Hermione read over his shoulder.

Thought this would be easier than talking about your past. It's my pensive. Remember from last year. Just select memory and place it in the pensive. Then you'll be able to show your father everything.

-Dumbledore

Harry looked at the pensive that sat on the table. "This will be better." James said. He had seen the struggle in Harry's eyes as he debated on telling him. Harry nodded. "Sirius, Hermione, would you two like to join us?" Harry asked the others. As Ron was out and Remus was on duty for the order it was just the four of them. Hermione smiled at Harry. "Of course Harry." She said. Harry smiled at Hermione. Sirius looked up, casting the paper aside. "Sure. I'm sure James is going to need someone to calm him down." Sirius said with a smirk. James glared playfully at him shoving him off the couch. Harry and Hermione looked at each other. "Dad," Harry said timidly. James looked up at Harry and Hermione, who were sitting together across from James and Sirius. "Yeah Harry?" James said looking up at them. "Do you want to see my memories now or later?" Harry said. Hermione looked at Harry taking his hand. "It's okay Harry, you don't have to be nervous about this." She murmured in his ear. Harry nodded. He could feel Hermione's fingers tracing the scars from his detentions with Umbridge. "Harry, whenever you want to share them. They're your memories." James said watching the two teens. Harry nodded. "I think now is better than ever." He said. He raised his wand to his scalp and pulled a silvery thread from his head. His first year at Hogwarts memories. He placed them in the pensive before looking at the three people surrounding him. Harry leaned over the bowl and was sucked into it he was cloaked followed by Hermione, who was then followed by James and Sirius. Harry looked at them with a smile. He watched as the memory started.

~Memories will be italicized~

A young Harry, who was wearing clothes that were too big had just appeared on platform 9 3/4. A bright red train was sitting there and families crowded the station. He followed the family of red-heads that had helped him get on to the platform. The two twins helped Harry with his trunk before going off to find their friends. Harry sat in the compartment alone until a young redheaded boy appeared in the doorway. "Can I sit here? Everywhere else is taken." He said. Hermione smiled at young Harry and Ron. Her two best friends. "Harry, why are you so scrawny?" James asks looking down at Harry from where he stood. "The Dursley's." Harry muttered not saying anything else. Soon the trolley had come and you could see Harry and Ron talking with each other while they ate their goodies. Then the compartment door opened, and there stood a bushy, brown-haired Hermione. "Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one." She said before she spotted Ron with his wand up. "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it then." She said looking at Ron. Ron rolled his eyes before speaking. "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" Ron said. Nothing happened. He shrugged at Harry. Hermione looked disbelieving at the spell. "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course, I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example..." Hermione says before sitting down across from Harry. "Oculus Reparo. That's better, isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger...and you are...?" Hermione asked looking at Ron. "I'm...Ron Weasley." Ron said. Hermione looked disgusted. "Pleasure. You two better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon. You've got dirt, on your nose, by the way, did you know? Just there." Hermione said turning back to Ron. She tapped the side of her nose before turning and leaving. James and Sirius were laughing so hard. "Hermione, you are just like Remus." James said. Hermione blushed, turning away from the two older men as the scene changed. Darkness, the train blows its whistle and pulls into an outdoor station. Hagrid walks along the side aisle, with a lantern. People begin pouring out of the train. "Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" You can hear Harris yelling for the first years. Harry and Ron walk up to Hagrid. "Hello, Harry." Hagrid greets him. "Hey, Hagrid!" Harry replies as he and Ron follow Hagrid. "Whoaa!" Murmured Ron looking up at Hagrid. "Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hagrid calls again. Several boats are travelling across a vast lake, where up ahead a huge castle can be seen. People are in awe.

On a higher level, Professor McGonagall is waiting. She wraps her fingers on a stone railing and then goes to the top of the stairs to greet the newcomers. "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn your house points. Any rule-breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." She says. The scene changes again and it the sorting. have a few starts of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr Filch {signals to a ragged old man with a cat with red eyes} has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you.

McGonagall: When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger.

Hermione: Oh, no. Okay, relax. {She goes up} Ron: Mental that one, I'm telling you. Harry nods in agreement.

Sorting Hat: Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!

(Cheering)

Hermione jumps off with a smile.

McGonagall: Draco Malfoy.

Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Dracos head.

Sorting Hat: SLYTHERIN!

Ron: There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin. McGonagall: Susan Bones. A small, redhead goes up. Harry looks around and spots a black-haired, pale teacher, SEVERUS SNAPE, looking at him. His scar hurts. Harry: Ahh! {puts hand on forehead} Ron: Harry, what is it? Harry: Nothing...it's nothing, I'm fine. Sorting Hat: Let's see...I know...Hufflepuff! McGonagall: Ronald Weasley. Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on. Sorting Hat: Ah! Another Weasley. I know just where to put you...Gryffindor!! Ron: {Sighs}

(Cheering)

McGonagall: Harry Potter. Everything goes silent. Harry walks up and sits down. Sorting Hat: Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you? Harry: {whispers} Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin. Sorting Hat: Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness! There's no doubt about that! No? {Harry whispers: Not Slytherin...anything but Slytherin} Well, if you're sure...better be...GRYFFINDOR! There are an immense cheering and Harry goes to the Gryffindor table. Fred and George are also there and cheer. We got Potter! We got Potter!" Harry sits down. And then the feast began.

Then, the scene changes again it's the first quidditch match. Inside a Quidditch tower. The Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. They reach it and stop, behind a closed double door.

Oliver: Scared, Harry?

Harry: A little bit.

Oliver: That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game. Harry: What happened?

Oliver: Er, I don't remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later.

Harry gulps and looks straight ahead as the doors open. They mount their brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. The commentator, LEE JORDAN, is talking from a tower.

Lee: Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!

{Cheering. Close-up of Gryffindor students. They are cheering. Neville: Gryffindor!}

The players take their positions in the air in a circle. Harry weaves in, highest amongst. He looks down. Lee: The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game. Hooch: Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you. {looks at Slytherin. She kicks the trunk, and the bludgers zoom out.} Lee: The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game. The snitch zooms around each Seeker's head then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle. Lee: The Quaffle is released...and the game begins! Gryffindor takes possession of the ball and a chaser, ANGELINA JOHNSON, zooms past Slytherins towards their goal, and throws the ball, and scores! There is a ding. Lee: Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor! {He presses a button and a 10 shows up beside a plaque with Gryffindors name.}Harry, in the air, claps.

Harry: Yes! {a bludger zooms by him.} Whoa!

In the stands, Gryffindor cheers. Hagrid: Well done! Lee: Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint. Flint dodges people and throws for the Gryffindor hoops. Oliver appears and whacks the ball away with his broom. He smirks at Flint, who glares. Johnson and KATIE BELL pass the Quaffle back and forth as they strategize to score. Johnson takes it, throws, and once again scores! Ron and Seamus: Yay! Harry: Yes! Lee: Another 10 points to Gryffindor! {ding.} Gryffindors: Yay! The Slytherins decide to get messy. They dodge, kick, and try to score. Once again, Oliver blocks. Flint: Give me that! {he grabs a beater's bat from one and whacks a bludger right at Oliver. It hits Oliver in the stomach and he falls to the ground.} Crowd: {Booing} Harry is visibly upset. Slytherin laughs. The Slytherin members head off. One jumps over George (or Fred) and scores. Harry is upset again. Slytherin cheers. Flint: {to other members} Take that side! They box Johnson in and sent her into the capes covering one of the towers. She falls in and is out. The crowd boos. Slytherin scores once again. Suddenly, Harry sees the Snitch. He starts to head off after it and then his broom starts bucking and turning. Harry: Whoa! Whoa! Hagrid: What's going on with Harry's broomstick? Hermione looks through binoculars at Harry, then at Snape, who is muttering something. Hermione: It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom! Ron: Jinxing the broom? What do we do? Hermione: Leave it to me. {She hands Ron her binoculars and leaves.} Harry is knocked around, then falls, dangling by one arm from the broom. Ron: Come on, Hermione! Hermione is hurrying up a tower. She appears underneath Snape and touches his cloak with her wand. Hermione: Lacarnum Inflamarae. A spark ignites and Snape's cloak catches fire. Hermione leaves. Man: Fire! You're on fire! Snape: What? Oh! {knocks the man back, who falls into Quirrell, who then also falls. Snape bats out the fire and acts as though nothing happened. The broom stopped bucking, and Harry climbs back on. The Slytherin seeker is after the Snitch. Harry takes off.}Ron: Go! Hagrid: Go go go! Harry rams the Slytherin Seeker, then is butted out. He returns, smashing the Seeker again as the Snitch dives. The boys follow, but they approach the ground quickly. The Slytherin Seeker backs out, and Harry pulls up his broom as he follows the Snitch, feet above the ground. Harry stands up, and steps forward, trying to grab the ball. He goes too far, and topples off the broom with a yelp, tumbling on the ground. He gets up and lurches. The crowd gasps. Hermione appears beside a tower to see. Hagrid: Looks like he's gonna be sick! Harry lurches and the Snitch pops out of his mouth. It lands in his hands. Lee: He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch! Hooch: {Blows whistle} Gryffindor win! All: YAY! Draco: No! Hagrid: Yes! Hermione: Whoo-hoo! McGonagall: {Giggles happily}Harry raises the Snitch into the air and the crowd, and his team, cheers. Crowd: Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! James smiled as the scene fades. "That's my boy!" He says ruffling Harry's hair. "Dad! My hair's messy enough." Harry exclaims pushing James off of him. The scene changes again. Nighttime. In the Gryffindor Common Room. The three friends come down the stairs and begin to walk across the floor. They stop when they hear croaking.

Harry: Trevor.

Ron: Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!

Neville: {appears behind a chair} And neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?

Harry: Now, Neville, listen. We were

Neville: No! I won't let you! {stands} You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you. {holds out fists.}

Hermione: Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this...{takes out wand} Petrificus Totalus.

Neville is frozen and falls backwards onto the ground. Hermione puts her wand back.

Ron: {Gulp} You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary.

Harry: Let's go. {Walks by Neville} Sorry.

Hermione: Sorry

Ron: It's for your good, you know.

{scene changes}

The three are under the Invisibility cloak, sneaking along the corridor.

Hermione: Ow! You stood on my foot Ronald!

Ron: Sorry. {A flame lights. Hermione draws out her wand and points it at the door.}

Hermione: Alohomora.

The door opens and they go in.

Ron: Wait a minute...he's....{a blow of air, and the cape flutters off them.} Sleeping.

Harry: Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp. {They approach the sleeping dog.}

Ron: Uh. It's got horrible breath!

Harry: We have to move its paw.

Ron: What?!

Harry: Come on! {grabs paw, which is blocking the door.} Okay. Push! {They strain and move it. They open the door.} I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign. {Fluffy's eyes open.} If something bad happens, get yourselves out...Does it seem a bit...quiet?

Hermione: The harp. It stopped playing.

Drool from one head comes down on Ron's shoulder.

Ron: Ew! Yuck! Ugh. {All three kids look up and see Fluffy standing there. Fluffy barks and growls, thrashing. It breaks the harp and dives at the three.}

Harry: Jump! Go! {They all jump through the trapdoor.}

Ron: Ahh! {gasps as he lands on some mushy black rope-like vines.} Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really.

Harry: Whoa! {The plant begins to move towards them.} Oh. Ahh! {The plant ties them up.}

Hermione: Stop moving, both of you. This is Devil's Snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster.

Ron: Kill us faster?! Oh, now I can relax!

Hermione manages a smile as she is sucked down below.

Ron and Harry: Hermione!!

Ron: Now what are we gonna do?!

Hermione's voice: Just relax!

Harry: Hermione! Where are you?!

Hermione (from below): Do what I say. Trust me.

Harry relaxes and is sucked through.

Ron: Ahh! Harry!

Harry falls through and lands on the hard ground. Hermione goes over to him and he stands up.

Ron: Harry!

Hermione: Are you okay?

Harry: Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.

Ron: Help!

Hermione: He's not relaxing, is he?

Harry: Apparently not.

Ron: Help! Help me!

Hermione: We've got to do something!

Harry: What?

Hermione: Uh! I remember reading something in Herbology. {Ron: Help!} Um Devil's Snare, Devil's Scare, {The snare shuts Ron's mouth} it's deadly fun...but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight! {takes out her wand and points upwards.} Lumus Solem! {A beam of light shoots out. The Snare shrieks and recoils. Ron falls below.}

Ron: Ahhh!

Harry: Ron, are you okay?

Ron: Yeah.

Harry: Okay.

Ron: {stands} Whew. Lucky we didn't panic!

Harry: Lucky Hermione pays attention in Herbology.

There is a sound.

Hermione: What is that?

Harry: I don't know. Sounds like wings. They enter into a room filled with golden "birds."

Hermione: Curious. I've never seen birds like these.

Harry: They're not birds, they're keys. And I'll bet one of them fits that door. {They come upon a broomstick, suspended in the air.}

Hermione: What's this all about?

Harry: I don't know. Strange.

{Ron creeps over to the door and takes out his wand.}

Ron: {rattles lock.} Alohomora! {Shrugs} Well, it was worth a try.

Hermione: Ugh! What're we going to do? There must be 1000 keys up there!

Ron: We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle.

Harry: There! I see it! {points} The one with the broken wing! {He looks at the broom.}

Hermione: What's wrong, Harry?

Harry: It's too simple.

Ron: Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! You're the youngest Seeker in a century! Harry nods and grabs the broom. All the keys suddenly go one direction, right at Harry. He climbs on, swiping at them.

Ron: This complicates things a bit! Harry pushes off into the air. He flies off, after the key. The others follow him. Harry grabs the key.

Harry: Catch the key!

He zooms by and throws the key to Hermione, who catches it and heads for the lock while Harry distracts the other keys. Hermione puts it in the lock.

Ron: Hurry up!

The door opens, and Hermione and Ron rush through, followed by Harry. They shut the door just as the keys slam up against it.

They enter a dark room, with broken pieces all around it.

Hermione: I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

Harry: Where are we? A graveyard.

Ron: This is no graveyard. {sighs} It's a chessboard. {Walks out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and GIANT players. Harry and Hermione come up with him.}

Harry: There's the door.

They walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as they reach a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. The three jump and back up.

Hermione: Now what do we do?Ron: It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. As for me, I'll be a knight. {They all take their places.} Hermione: What happens now?Ron: {aboard a horse.} Well, white moves first, and then...we play. {A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron studies the game.} Hermione: Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?

Ron: You there! D-5! {A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its swords and smashes the black one. The three jump.} Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!

The game continues. Pieces smash each other, boom! Boom!

Ron: Castle to E-4! Smash! Ron: Pawn to C-3! Smash! Boom! The Queen turns, and smashes a piece! Harry, Ron and Hermione wince. The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Harry study the game.

Harry: Wait a minute.

Ron: You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King.

Harry: No, Ron! No!

Hermione: What is it?

Harry: He's going to sacrifice himself!

Hermione: No, Ron, you can't! {Ron closes his eyes.} There must be another way!

Ron: {turns to face Hermione.} Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you. {Harry nods.} Knight...to H-3. Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops.

Ron: Check.

The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious. Ron: Ahhhh!

Harry: RON! {Hermione starts walking to him.} NO! Don't move! Don't forget, we're still playing. {Hermione moves back. Harry walks the diagonal in front of the King.} Checkmate. {The King's sword falls onto the ground victory. Harry breathes out and then the two-run to Ron. They bend beside him.} Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on. Hermione: You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, you really are. Harry: Not as good as you. Hermione: {smile} Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry, just be careful. Harry nods and stands, walking away.

Harry walks down a long staircase to an empty room with pillars around it. The Mirror of Erised is in the middle of the room, and a man is standing before it. It is Quirrell. Harry yelps and grabs his scar.

Harry: You? {Quirrell turns around.} No. It can't be...Snape. He was the one.

Quirrell: Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to me, who would suspect, "p-p-poor s-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"

Harry: B-but, that day, during the Quidditch Match, Snape tried to kill me. Quirrell: No, dear boy. I tried to kill you! And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter-curse.

Harry: Snape was trying to...save me? Quirrell: I knew you were a danger right from the off. Especially after Halloween.

Harry: Th-then you let the troll in.

Quirrell: Very good Potter, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running to the dungeon, he went to the 3rd floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone. {Quirrell turns back to the mirror and Harry's scar hurts.} But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone. Never. Now...what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?

{A raspy voice, VOLDEMORT, calls.}: Use the boy.

Quirrell: Come here, Potter, now! Harry walks forward shakily. Quirrell: Tell me. What do you see? Harry looks in the mirror. He sees himself. His mirror self brings his hand into his pocket and takes out a red stone! The mirror self winks and puts the stone back. Very subtly, Harry reaches to his pocket. There is a lump. He gasps. Quirrell: What is it?! What do you see?! Harry: I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the house cup. Voldemort's voice: He lies. Quirrell: Tell the truth! What do you see?! Voldemort's voice: Let me speak to him. Quirrell: Master, you are not strong enough. Voldemort's voice: I have strength enough for this. {Quirrell unwraps his turban and on the side opposite his face, another face is planted. It is Voldemort who appears kind of like a snake. He stretches out and faces Harry via the mirror.} Harry Potter. We meet again. Harry: Voldemort. James boils with furry. "What are you think Harry?!" James says turning to Harry. "Dad. It stopped Voldemort from returning. Now pay attention." Harry said quickly before they missed what was next.

Voldemort: Yes. Do you see what I have become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another. A mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can. Something, that conveniently enough, lies in your pocket! Harry turns and runs. Voldemort: Stop him! {Quirrell snaps his fingers and fire erupts all around the room. Harry is stuck.} Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?!

Harry: {shakes his head} Never!

Voldemort: Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Harry, would you like to see your mother and father again? Together, we can bring them back. {In the mirror, Harrys parents faces appear.} All I ask for is something in return. {Harry takes the stone from his pocket.} That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone! {Mother and father vanish.}

Harry: You liar!

Voldemort: Kill him!

Quirrell soars into the air and smashes into Harry, one hand on Harry's throat. They fall to the steps. The stone falls out of Harry's reach as Quirrell chokes him. Harry strains and squeaks. Suddenly, Harry puts his hand on Quirrell's, trying to get him off. Smoke furls from under his hand.

Quirrell: Ahh! Ahh! {backs up. His hand is crumbling into a mountain of black ash.} What is this magic? {hand dissipates.}Voldemort: Fool! Get the stone! Quirrell: {Walks forward, but Harry puts both hands on his face.} Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Quirrell backs up, then his face, which is horrendously burned, crumbles as he walks forward. His whole body is ash. He falls to the floor. Harry gasps. He looks at his own hands and hurries over to the stone. He picks it up and sighs when he hears something. Turning, Harry sees a cloud of dust clouds with Voldemort's face. The cloud rushes forward, right through Harry!

Voldemort: Arrrhhhhhh!

Harry: Ahhhhhhhhh! {Voldemort flies away. Harry falls to the ground, unconscious. He holds the stone in an outstretched hand.}

The memories end and the four are pulled back up to the living room. "Harry, I can't believe you three did that! That's breaking like all school rules! And Ron's sacrifice for you, man, that was nasty." James said sitting down on the couch. Hermione and Harry sat down. "That was only the first year. And I'll just say that it doesn't get better or easier." Hermione said. James frowned. "What?! How can that be possible?" He said. "Our third year was our easiest year so far," Harry said. 

A/N
Very long. I'll try and get the next chapter with year two memories out by at least Wednesday. It might be hard though because of soccer games.

Comment what you thought. Sorry I didn't do a lot of reactions from James and Sirius. I'll try to do more in the next four chapters. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 9K 22
Welcome home, mom and dad. ( a Harry Potter Fanfic)
7.4K 172 3
Lily Narcissa Potter-Malfoy, out of all the Siblings she was the one who was most irritated a lot. Especially when her and, her Cousin Rose, were int...
241K 6.4K 17
What happens when James Potter, father of Harry Potter, has miraculously returned from the dead? When James Potter turns up in the wrecked house tha...
1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC