Weak

By nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 54

1.7K 72 17
By nngozi

Adrienne

"Turn up! It's Zizi's birthday!"

Maya jumped around my room, holding her phone out. Ever since the two of us woke up this morning we have been dancing around nonstop. It was a special day and that was because it's my favorite bestie's birthday. I only got two hours of sleep because I wanted to be one of the first people to wish her happy birthday.

My long essay paragraph ended up becoming a phone call of tears and laughs. It didn't end there because I wished her a happy birthday also on Twitter and right now I was making a collage of photos that Zizi and I have taken throughout our friendship. Looking at most of these pictures just show how long our friendship has come and how strong it has grown.

After adding together over fifty pictures of memories, I opened up my Instagram account to share it. The caption part was the hardest because I kept trying to think of the right things to say, but finally I settled on 'Not many people know the true meaning of friendship but this chick right here has understood that meaning for twelve years. Happy Birthday to my bestie, partna' in crime, sista' from another mista', drama queen, and chocolate princess 🍫👑. Thank you for the laughs, jokes, smiles, conversations, plans, tears, memories, experiences, remaining true to yourself, and more especially our friendship. I love you so much and I am beyond happy to have someone like you in my life 😊. #bffyl #lylas #kobeyear @itszizi'.

"Adrienne look up"

I rose my head up, as Maya showed her front camera on the two of us. I smiled, "Is that a picture?"

She shook her head, "No, video"

"This Instagram or snapchat?"

"It's snap"

Nodding my head with a grin, "Happy birthday Zizi. Love you and can't wait til you land in LA"

**

Reservations were at seven evening and the time now on the clock was two in the afternoon, so I had five hours to get prepared and handle what I got to handle. Azeena's flight should be landing in the next hour, and between trying to take care of work and my best friends party was not easy.

Maya and I used some available time to pamper ourselves. This meant spa treatments, massages, are nails done, and now our hair.

"So what time do I need to be at the restaurant?" Lawrence ran a piece of my hair through the flat iron.

"Seven", I looked at him through the mirror.

He nodded his head, and continued on my hair as Keri Hilson's Knock You Down began playing on Pandora. I hummed along to Kanye's intro but took it away when Keri's verse came up.

"I never thought I'd be in love like this" I smiled, moving my index finger around. "When I look at you my mind goes on a trip"

"And you came in and knocked me on my face" Lawrence sang, holding the comb up a bit. "Feels like I'm in a race, but I already won first place"

Just when the beat dropped, I snapped my left fingers "I never thought I fall for you as hard as I did"

"You got me thinkin' bout our life, our house, and kids. Yeah"

"Every morning I look at you and smile. cause boy you came around and you knocked me down, knocked me down"

"Sometimes love comes around and it knocks you down. Just get back up when it knocks you down" we both sang in unison, hitting every note perfectly.

The whole time we sang I realized I was starting to miss Kyrie a lot now. A week and some days may not be that long to some couples, but it was long for me and I hated it. I missed him so much that it caused me to look at our pictures in my phone gallery, or even go back and re-read our text messages.

As Lawrence left the room, quickly I glanced around for my phone near the plugged in flat iron. I grabbed it gently, unlocking and clicking over to my messages. Even though we spoke to each other this morning, I still felt like bothering him.

Me: Babeeeeee

Forgetting that my phone was on vibrate, it moved against my skin causing me to jump up and looked down at it.

Kyrie 😍😘🙊😈: Adrienne what's wrong?

I pouted, bringing up my phone to reply back.

Me: I miss you lol 😔😩

The vibrating phone buzzed once again.

Kyrie 😍😘🙊😈: Aw Adrienne. I miss you too, more than anything. 😘

My fingers moved fast as I typed quickly.

Me: I want to see you 😩😩😥

Again my phone vibrated and I unlocked it to read.

Kyrie 😍😘🙊😈: Two more weeks Adrienne. Two more weeks, and I'm all yours!

Right when I wanted to text him back, my phone started to ring. I nearly groaned realizing that it wasn't my boyfriend but instead a familiar unsaved number. I hesitated to answer but found myself swiping over the answer key.

"Hello?"

"Hey stranger"

I was taken back at the very familiar tone that I knew too well and wasn't expecting. "Aubrey! This is a surprise call"

He chuckled faintly, "Yeah, it is. What's going on?"

"Nothing really, just getting ready for tonight"

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose to call me out the blue all of a sudden?" I asked, blinking my eyes twice. Last time Drake and I talked on the phone was a while ago, so this was very surprising.

"I guess I just missed you and decided to give you a call" he admitted bluntly.

"That's really nice to hear Aubrey. How've you been lately?"

"You know me, same shit new day. You?"

"I'm in the same boat as you. Getting my daily grind together"

He laughed lowly, "Yeah right. You stay working yo' ass off Dri"

"That's because I have to if I want to stay successful" I smiled, admiring my recently done manicured nails. "And congrats on the mixtape too"

"Thanks and you're in LA right?" he asked, clearing his throat a bit. "I was actually wondering since we both on the west coast, could we hang out sometime"

I bit the inside of my cheek, hesitating at his offer. "Aubrey you know I'm in a relationship an-"

"Adrienne just think of it as the two friends hanging out and nothing more" he chuckled, cutting me off. "I'm sure Kyrie won't see it as anything else"

"I don't want to make any promises, but I'll think about it"

"Alright Dri, I'm gon hit you up later"

"Take care Drake" I sighed hearing the dial tone which let me know he had ended the line.

I couldn't help but slouch down in my seat confused.

**

A huge smile came to my face, as I attacked my best friend with hug and kisses on her cheek. "I've missed you babe. You've been gone too long"

Zizi laughed, nearly losing her balance. "Adrienne you saw me last week"

"You know I can't go a day without you Zi" I pouted, releasing her from my arms.

"Oh trust me I know" she laughed, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Next time you decide to leave me again, were breaking up"

She laughed, opening her mouth ready to say something until Josh appeared from around a corner with a grin on his face.

"Hey Adge" he leaned down embracing me into a hug. "Wassup"

"Hey Josh" I smiled, as we pulled away from each other. "I see you're still trying to grow your facial hair out", referring to the full grown beard upon his face.

"Yes ma'am and plus your friend likes it" he laughed, winking over to Zizi who was too busy texting away on her phone.

"See now I miss Kyrie again" I blurted, feeling a bit envious at the fact that my own boyfriend wasn't here.

"Aww" the two of them laughed before walking hand in hand in front of me. I formed my lips into a sulky pout but also having to remind myself that today was about me.

*

Zizi's birthday dinner should have started at seven exactly but because it took an hour to get her dolled up, we arrived at the restaurant around eight fifteen.

Besides the tardiness, everyone was having a good time; enjoying food, drinks, and each other's presence. Before the cake had been brought out, people were handing out gifts and almost everyone's mouth dropped when an unknown individual gave her a sex toy. Woah!

Well at least Azeena was as happy surrounded by those who loved her daily. The cake finally came out and the design of it was typical Zizi. It was two layers of white fondant and a bunch of MAC makeup accessories placed around it, with 'Happy Birthday ZIZI' placed in the center.

"I think I have the most amazing friends ever and I love you guys so much" Azeena stood up from her seat smiling. "Thank you everyone for coming out and celebrating with me tonight"

"We love you too Zizi" Chanel hollered from beside me.

I smiled, "Love you babe"

When dinner was over, the night didn't just end there. Zizi wanted to hit up Greystone Manor and really celebrate her birthday the proper way.

"Everybody hating we just call 'em fans though" I sang aloud, waving my cocktail glass around. "In love with the money I ain't ever letting go"

Our whole VIP section was beyond lit and no one could say they weren't having a good time because everyone was enjoying themselves. Drinks were passed around and just slowly part of me was getting a little tipsy.

"And I get high with my baby. I just left the mall, I'm getting fly with my baby, yaah"

"I'm like hey, wassup hello, seen yo' pretty ass soon as you came in the door" Chanel, Zizi, and Maya sang beside me dancing. "I just wanna chill, got a sack for us to roll"

It was my best friend's birthday and the night was still young. Only thing that mattered was Zizi enjoying her day and everyone was going to have fun and enjoy as well. There are no rules tonight, but I'm sure everyone will end up regretting something tomorrow morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 3.3K 42
Imagines of Mikey πŸ₯°. Send request. Slow updates
134K 5K 20
"They gon stab me in my back that's what's going through my brain"
42.1K 2.8K 21
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘π‘’π‘’ π‘šπ‘’, π‘€β„Žπ‘œπ‘Ž π‘‡π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑏, π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘ π‘‡π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘“π‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘Ÿ...
130K 3.9K 48
"You fuck my boyfriend, I fuck your brother. Checkmate bitch" **disclaimer: this book is influenced by the two books Spite; k.t. by chillxklay and Wa...