The Unknown

By chaossssssss

I Just copied this story from CourtingTheMoon (https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4077276/) I Like His/Her Story so i... More

Chapter 1: Walking into the Unknown
Chapter 2: The life he lived
Chapter 3: Those left behind
Chapter 4: The fallen rise
Chapter 5: Stories of resurrection
Chapter 6: Questions unanswered
Chapter 7: Beginning of the age of happiness
Chapter 8: The new additions
Chapter 9: The Jackson legacy
Chapter 10: The hunt for Fido
Chapter 11: Love and War
Chapter 12: Familiar threats and family help
Chapter 14: Artemis and the hunt
Chapter 15: Fighting for the homeland
Chapter 16: The Earth wins
Chapter 17: Celebrations

Chapter 13: The drawing of war

9.5K 135 44
By chaossssssss

"Sadly, that may not be enough," Chaos started but before she could continue there was a crash and the doors flew open.

"She had a seeing!" It was Octavian running in with his wife, and 'colleague' Rachel Elizabeth Dare, slouched on his side and in his other hand was a pair of canvases.

The gods jumped into action; Hestia summoned a bed, Hermes and Apollo helped Rachel into the bed and the rest gathered around the pair. Seeings were very rare, in fact an entire seeing hasn't happened for over five centuries. Partial seeings are more rare and often confused with demigod dreams, but seeings are done by oracles or others with the gift of prophecy. A look into the future, not only words but the actual scene to know what is to come.

Rachel had a partial seeing years ago at the end of the titan war, she was able to do that because she was destined to be the next oracle but this was a full seeing and potentially the greatest advantage the gods have.

"What did she see?" Athena inquired, Rachel's eyes cracked open slightly and she started to mutter. Octavian dropped the canvases and kneeled next to her, grabbing her hand.

"White blessing...Chaos falls...wolf...black...too big...Earth wins" She was only able to get out those words before fading into unconsciousness.

Ares spoke up, "Is that a good thing?"

"I don't know." Athena didn't like how much she was using that phrase.

Apollo scooped up the canvases and began to study them looking at one of them, "This isn't good."

"What is it?" Aphrodite's voice was small and she looked scared.

Apollo set down the canvases for everyone to see, both seemed to be paintings of war. The first one was, a battle was being played out; a woman was laying down on the ground, she had tanned skin, black hair, her eyes were closed and her body looked weak and she was lying in a crater. Standing above her was a man with messy raven black hair and from what they could see the same skin color as the woman, wearing what looked like a black suit and a sword made of utter darkness in hand. But his body was facing away from the woman, showing only his back in the painting. Farther into the background there was a large man, his aura a harsh, blinding, white. The man wore a white suit and had pale skin with white hair. Overall he was all white but obviously powerful and this man was carrying a solid white sword, looming over the two figures.

Wary glances were thrown to Chaos, this woman was obviously her; she looked the exact same as in the picture. Worry was obviously present on her face. But the next painting was just as foreboding.

It depicted figures on the ground, all the gods could make out themselves or their children, they don't look dead but rather tired, beaten and some passed out. But even worse, it is recognizable they are on the foot of Olympus, some sitting on the steps up to it. Standing facing the group was an army that looked as if it hadn't seen battle, but this was not an army of monsters, no it was an army of titans, giants and some of the strongest monsters including Typhon, who is touching the ground, looming over all and showing his frightful figure. The only sign of any hope is who is standing in-between the 2 groups, a single man, same raven black hair as the other man and he was wearing the same thing from the back but the difference was his sword in hand, a gleam of bronze was shown on the sword. But the strange part was when they saw his shadow; it wasn't human but rather the profile of a wolf, baring its teeth at the army before them.

"This is a look into the future, the fates have decreed it and we can't do anything about it. Let us just hope that this ends in our favor." Apollo, in his most sober state, like everyone else, lost most of his hope. These paintings show a grim future, one where their entire existence lies in the hand of two men. Most could guess who these were supposed to be, if their hopes and information are right, but can the pair be enough for them to prevail?

Camp was full of commotion, Hypnos cabin was busy sleeping in the shade of a tree or trying to clear the debris caused when Argus crashed into their cabin, effectively destroying one wall and putting him to sleep for the foreseeable future. Hephaestus cabin was helping them while the rest of the cabins were either freaking out or training as hard as possible under the immortal instructors; swords, knifes, bows, spears; everything that they know.

Chiron was trying to handle the campers; many had come and were asking him everything under the sun and more, fear and confusion running amuck. The veterans from New Olympus were handling the children and reinforcing the defenses with the help of the nature spirits and satyrs.

The camp was the safest place for demigods on the planet and everything that they did for protection was deemed worthless when Prometheus just walked straight into the camp, with nothing they could do about it. Even though he was under a white flag when the empousai he brought attacked a Hermes camper every arrow that hit them shattered on their skin and they radiated a white aura.

Chiron had already called Lupa, hoping to have her join them at camp, her pack had already completed the task of moving the remaining Lycaons, which was very minimal, most were in Alaska for the ambush, out of the United States, saving the remaining demigods children.

But the hysteria only increased when a large black rift grew on top of the hill, inside only stars and galaxies could be seen. That is until three figures stepped out, two in silver outfits, obviously hunters of Artemis, the other garbed in black armor and a blue cape and dark blue trim. The two hunters seemed astonished by the portal and that is when Chiron saw more black armored soldiers exiting the rift, filing out in formation, one with a sea green trim standing in front, leading them in ranks.

Chiron ran to them, intercepting them before any of the campers could. Upon seeing the leader Chiron stopped, it was a familiar face and one he hadn't seen for many many years. "Theseus? Is that really you?"

Theseus smiled at his old teacher, the man who taught him much of what he knows, "You haven't aged a day Chiron."

They chuckled; the two had a great relationship back when he was at camp. Chiron hugged his pupil before looking behind him and gasping, the soldiers took off their helmets all smiling in some fashion at the pair, some being former campers, others were happy to see their commander like this after so many months of fear, danger and intense emotions about the war. "Amelia? Thomas? Orville? Wilbur? Joan? Theodore? Harry? Orion? Perseus?" Chiron was doing a quick look over the soldiers, many of them he recognized as his students.

Nearby campers and hunters heard Chiron and began to stare in wonder at the soldiers, these were some of the most famous demigods in history. All being great heroes from their time and now all were assembled in the same group, a very powerful group.

"What is this Theseus?" Chiron asked.

"Chiron, I would like to introduce to you and your campers, Chaos' army." Gasps could be heard from the campers along with confused looks from those that didn't understand. "We are the peacekeepers of the universe." Chiron smiled proudly at Theseus and then all of his former students. While now every camper was staring at them in awe. "We are here to help train you to win this war." Chiron nodded, "And we should start now if possible."

"Of course, I am sure that if you are here than you must know that our camp has been merged with the roman counter part, even if that was after your time with us on earth."

"Yes, we watch your planet along with all others, as the Earth division we are current with all of the activities, we were in a war on the other side of the universe during the giant war so we couldn't help but we were always aware of the progress and would have come if in any dire need, or were close to loss." Theseus explained, "Now I will be taking your leaders, we will meet in the council room, I need to be briefed on the status of the camp and to give you our strategies." He turned around to his forces, "Lieutenant," Orion looked at him expectantly, "begin the training; the hunters are here so I want them and the archers on accuracy and speed, swords need endurance and strength along with technique, spears and knives as well. And I want strength and power strengthened."

Some of the hunters that were near narrowed their eyes at him, even Diane and Bianca, but they begrudgingly followed. The rest of the campers followed them, but then Theseus called out, "Wrights, go fix the broken cabin, send the campers working there to Orion to get them training." The sons of Hephaestus nodded and ran off to the cabins to relieve the building campers.

The immortal councilors congregated in the big house; they were around the table Leo built, a holographic Ping-Pong table, and it also grows to the size needed for the meeting. A virtual map of the last battlefield was rotating on the table; Annabeth's first battle layout was positioned for them to start with. Theseus began by uploading his battle layouts, changing and adding different placements and rearrangements for troops and campers.

"Let's begin..."

Several of the Olympian gods had gone to Camp Olympus; Ares, Dionysus, Apollo, Aphrodite included, and others resumed their duties. Hades and Poseidon left to govern their domains, Poseidon still in a trance from the news of his son. Zeus was in a discussion with Lady Chaos and Athena, both trying to learn of the threat, none of it was pleasing on the ears, with Hera was strapped to his waist. The minor gods separated similarly, many going to camp if not already there, and the rest attending to their duties. Artemis was simply sitting on her throne, deep in thought.

Everything she knew about Percy was in debate again, after everything that she learned. If his children were the original three beings, than who was he? This and many more questions were bouncing through her head, all wondering about how well she really knew her fiancé.

Olympus was strangely quiet at the moment, but that changed drastically. Crashing through the doors of the throne room was a giant fox, but not just any fox, the Teumessian fox. The myth of this fox is simple; it was a giant fox that was destined never to be caught. Now this was true because the fox had never been caught, only did it stop hurting people when Zeus forced its mother, Echidna, to demand it to stop and go to Tartarus. But the worst of it, no one was watching Olympus, all the gods were occupied so the only one to witness this was Artemis, who summoned her bow at sight of the fox and began pelting it with her arrows. But what happened was the worst she could think, the arrows bounced off. She remembered her first attempt to catch this fox, and then her arrows would puncture it, slow it slightly but she could never catch it.

But what Artemis had failed to notice at first was the white aura around the fox, a familiar powerful pure white aura.

The Teumessian fox was not distracted by Artemis' actions, ignoring the goddess altogether, stalking toward its prey. Swimming in his aquarium was Bessie, the Ophiotaurus, the fox's prey and the bane of Olympus.

With pinpoint accuracy the fox captured Bessie's tail in its mouth, raising a pained moo from the creature. Casting one last look at Artemis the fox ran out of the room, Artemis hot on its tail, not once letting up on her barrage of arrows, but still none doing any damage. But the fox, with no falter or hesitation, jumped from Olympus, down to the streets of New York. Just when the fox jumped Zeus, Chaos, Athena, Hera and Hephaestus all flashed in, arriving just in time to see Artemis skid to the edge of Olympus, looking down at the fox currently running down Fifth Avenue.

"That was the Teumessian fox." Zeus stated.

"What was it doing here?" Athena questioned.

Everyone present looked at Artemis, who in change bowed her head, ashamed, for letting the beast go. "Bessie is gone." Gasps were heard from all that could hear, everyone called the Ophiotaurus 'Bessie' in honor of Percy. The Ophiotaurus had been safely kept in the throne room of Olympus since the quest to save Artemis years ago and never had they had a breach in security this big. Olympus was supposed to be safe, the security system had been heightened after Kronos and Gaia's visit early but it did nothing for this.

"We need to find it!" Zeus exclaimed.

"How? Not even one of my automaton's could catch something destined never to be caught." Hephaestus admitted in a defeated tone.

"Lady Chaos, do you think any of your soldiers are skilled enough to capture it?" Athena asked hopefully.

Chaos' face grew tested, "No, the fox has been blessed by my brother." She grew many glances at this, asking for her to explain, "I can't change its destiny and it is currently invulnerable." She paused, "That is... I have to bless you all. My soldiers already hold my blessing but they aren't hunters. I have to bless you so that you can harm those blessed by my brother but I don't have enough energy to increase your skill or strength like he did for everyone on his side." Chaos seemed distressed then added in a mutter, "Even my daughter."

Artemis heard her though, reminding her of Percy's tone when he spoke of his son, the one they are fighting against. It was the tone of disappointment, not in another but in herself as a parent.

"I will bless you, there isn't much I can do after this and moving everything to Olympus but I will have to if we are to stand a chance." Chaos concluded.

She raised her hands and began chanting, the language was similar to ancient Greek, only Athena could recognize the language, although she couldn't speak it, as the Primordial tongue, the original language. All the gods present could see the aura that came from her hands; it was black, void black, with silver and white specks swirling in it. The aura erupted, streams hitting them along with a mass of it flying off in the direction of the camp.

Once the beams stopped Chaos stumbled slightly before righting herself, she seemed tired and worn but otherwise fine. "We need someone to catch that fox. The Ophiotaurus can still be sacrificed to destroy Olympus and nothing I do will stop that."

"I will hunt it." Artemis said, "Alone." She added, raising argument with Zeus and Athena, her father and favorite sister. "Everyone is needed for preparations and training. I will be able to move faster alone and I am the best hunter we have."

Zeus huffed, he didn't want to put anyone in danger and this was very dangerous, "Fine, you will hunt, but you are to catch it as soon as possible. We will be moving to our roots soon so I would like you to meet us there when you are done."

"Of course father." Artemis bowed slightly to him and Lady Chaos before running to her palace to retrieve her hunting gear. The fox escaping once was a wound to her pride; she wouldn't let it get away again.

The camp was alit with activity, soldier running around with the campers prepping the war machines made by Hephaestus cabin, similar to the Argo, although advancements have been made and technology improved. The battlements were all new, in times of peace it is rare to build for war.

"I want first wave done. New Flame will be our flagship, load the Greek fire guns and the bombs, we aren't sure what we are coming up against." Leo continued barking orders, as 'Supreme Commander' of the Olympian fleet it was his job to command the ships and their crews. Reyna, Luke, Jason and Ethan were directing the campers in their weaponry, getting them properly armed and balanced before lining them up in ranks. A very pregnant Silena was busy coordinating the citizens of New Olympus, saying farewell to their family and friends going to war without disrupting anything, many children and mothers would not be going, under obvious reasons. A small group would be staying in New Olympus to deal with defenses, most being the retired heroes and legacies who didn't feel ready to fight a war like that, leading them was Beckendorf, not willing to leave his wife to go off to war. The hunters were fitting themselves with their new armor, a new design by Silena and Beckendorf, a silver armor that is flexible and breathable but protective enough for the hunters to switch to close combat or survive a stray arrow. And Annabeth was working with Theseus on last minute strategies and tactics, preparing for everything.

In all the camp was preparing for a war that they didn't know they could win.

It had been a week and a half since the soldiers of Chaos arrived and began their training and the campers would say they approved vastly, the soldiers had improved everything they did, from swordsmanship to their war machines. While the campers were training their parents joined them for some fighting before the worst happened, Typhon broke through his prison with a white aura radiating off the previously powerful monster. All the gods, major or minor, were trying their best to fight him, many being swatted out of the air or others having no effect on him.

It was the day of deployment now, Chaos was going to be teleporting them to Greece to defend the roots of the gods. The fleet of five was all that the campers were able to procure in such a short time; even with the help of the soldiers of Chaos development was slowed with the massive amounts of training and when the gods had to leave.

That was one of the worst advances, when Typhon was released from his prison the gods left to fight him, taking much of the hope with them. None of the campers had seen the paintings that Rachel had drawn during her 'seeing', she hadn't come completely out of her sleep since she went to Olympus, Octavian never leaving her side in Apollo's temple.

The idea of not having the gods at their side frightened the campers, the soldiers of Chaos are there to help them but it may not be enough.

"Everyone in line!" Theseus called pulling everyone out of their thoughts and doubts, these soldiers were trained to not show fear or doubt, and they led the campers to have hope in themselves. The ships were loaded with their crewman and aerial fighters ready to move quickly and fight at a moments notice. Campers lined up in squads and groups, led by the immortal leaders and soldiers, ready to fight for their lives against these returning foes.

The campers were in full armor in their lines, shining in bronze and gold, while the hunters wore their silver. Chaos' army still had their black armor on and stood in the front, leading the defenses of the gods into battle.

Chaos stood in front of all the children and heroes, appraising them, analyzing their one chance for survival. Theseus stood next to her, barking orders to the leaders who in series ordered the others.

Once everyone was in position Chaos stepped forward, "Campers, hunters, soldiers. Brave heroes all of you! We will be going to war, my brother Order has awoken and now plans to kill everything that I created. We have trained for everything; prepared for the worst and hope for the best! Now you all hold the hopes of all on your shoulders." Chaos looked over the faces of the campers, "I have hope and pride in you, everyone of you are among the best I have seen and trained, I look forward to seeing you all at the end of this war! We will win this! We will defend the Earth! And we are going to prove to all those that are corrupted and evil that they can not defeat us!"

Cheering came up from the campers, many were banging on their shields, others raised horns, but just as Chaos was opening a portal to Greece a single arrow pierced the ground at Zoë Nightshade's feet. Attached to the arrow was a scroll of paper, obviously some kind of note. Zoë knelt down, everyone was staring at her as she looked at it, her eyes widened only to quickly harden and grow a fire, she turned to Chaos.

"Lady Chaos, my sisters and I will go to Greece but we must first hunt my father, he seeks to destroy the roman pantheon, in hopes of weakening Olympus no doubt." Zoë addressed Chaos with respect and a coolness but when she said 'father' her blood boiled and everyone could see her almost shaking in rage.

Chaos looked slightly worried on the prospect of losing a skilled group of about 40 fighters that could be instrumental in the victory at Olympus, but this was just as important. Roman gods that aren't tied to any Greek roots are reliant on Rome in a similar fashion to their Greek counterparts and losing them would be a disastrous turn in this war along with the Roman aspects of the gods and their Roman children's godly blood. When a godly parent fades, so does the power of the children of said god. It was crucial that the hunters save Rome.

"We will be able to handle it, everyone is needed in battle and we will be able to quickly join in the defense when we are done." Zoë supplied this so Chaos would not try to lessen the defensive force of Olympus.

"Very well Ms. Nightshade. Lead your sisters and reinforce the campers when you return an archer flank would help in the heat of battle. Good luck." Chaos created a smaller rift next to the other and the hunters quickly disappeared into it behind Zoë.

Typhon's giant hand swung through the sky, swatting at the gods orbiting him. The dust and clouds stuck to him, even up close the gods could not see the entirety of his body, only the hands, his scaly legs on occasion and the frightening glimpse of his hideous face. Athena directed the gods in formations, swirling around him in flocks and projecting their power upon him, arrows flew, lightning was formed, even chains were draped upon him, although with many of the gods, including Hephaestus and Ares, they could not slow him or lessen his height. The white aura around Typhon weakened all attacks delivered on the father of monsters.

Poseidon's chariot, pulled by pure white pegasi, flew above Typhon. He readied his trident only to throw it into the monsters back, driving it into him. The aura seemed to shift when Poseidon dug into him, for it threw Poseidon off, a simple wave of the aura flung Poseidon off of the back of the father of monsters. Poseidon saw the aura heal Typhon's wounds, leaving no mark from his trident.

Poseidon landed in his chariot, having circled under him in case of falling. But before he could try to reengage Typhon a warm sea breeze blew past him, carrying a melodious voice, "Father, Atlantis is under attack! We can't fight them all! Please help mother is in danger!"

Poseidon gasped, his palace wasn't supposed to be attacked in this war, it was the roots that they were going for not his domain, and he was needed to fight Typhon. But Poseidon would never leave his family in danger.

Poseidon yelled down to Athena, she needed to know everything so that she could properly lead them to victory, her face flashed concern before it hardened and she nodded. Poseidon quickly flashed to his palace into one of the most frightening scenes he had ever seen.

A rift appeared at the base of mount Olympus, all the immortal campers from the giant war recognized he place, many had died here the first time and now the battle will be far more difficult and bring death with it.

There were around 100 soldiers of Chaos, 5 war ships hovering above, 600 nature spirits and satyrs, and around 800 half bloods and legacies all prepared for combat. This was the largest force the demigods ever had but it was still dwarfed by the army in front of them.

Standing in front of the demigods was a sea of monsters all in an aura of white energy, gegenees (six armed giants), telekhines, empousai, harpies, earthborns, cyclops', centaurs (war bred), stymphailian birds, gryphons, hellhounds, hyperborean giants, karpoi, laistrygonian giants, basilisks and dracanae. This horde stretched as far as some could see, some estimates could reach 6-7 thousand monsters, but to put the icing on the cake, giants were spread out amongst them along with titans. Standing in front of the army were Prometheus and Enceladus, both wearing the largest smirks their face could hold.

"Do you surrender now? You are no match to us!" Prometheus called out to the defending army, arrogance was ever present in his voice.

The hunters emerged in Rome, Zoë quickly taking off in search of her father, murder in her eyes.

It wasn't long before they found the small army that Atlas had, but this army was only small when compared to the armies in Greece. The hunters had made it to the Colosseum before they realized that they were cornered, the aura given to them by Order must have allowed the monsters to sneak up on the hunters. Atlas was leading them, displayed in full roman armor and broadsword in hand. The army was about 200 monsters, laistrygonian giants, hellhounds and earthborns the most prominent. But leading the army along with Atlas were Krios, the Manticore and the Chimera all smirking or growling at the hunters.

"Well my daughter, it appears that I have to try harder if I am going to kill you for good this time." Atlas sneered at his daughter, his royal features in a scowl.

Zoë's face was in a rage, scanning over the army in front of them she saw very little hop in their ability to come out victorious. She looked back to her sister, noticing their faces laced with fear and doubt, their backs to the Colosseum. Zoë's pride shone through for one moment as a plan formed in her mind. She turned back to her father with a smirk on her face, fueling Atlas' scowl.

Artemis was still on the trail of the Teumessian fox; it had been just over a week. She had only ever been close enough to see it, the Ophiotaurus still mooing in its maw. She had sent arrows at it whenever she could see it, but even when the arrows punctured its skin the fox kept running at full speed. Artemis wasn't even positive on her location, she hadn't been able to stop in a week and the fox wasn't running in a set path, simply snaking through America. With her domain of the hunt she could narrow down her location to somewhere in Alabama but that didn't do much for her.

She was tiring quickly, running for a straight week as a god was possible but at this speed she wouldn't be able to keep it up forever. But she perked up when she saw a red tail with a white aura around it, Artemis slowed to her hunter stalk.

The fox was lying down; they were in a clearing in the middle of a swamp on a hard disc of earth with the Ophiotaurus on the ground crying out for water. The fox looked right at Artemis before nudging Bessie towards Artemis slightly.

Artemis hesitantly walked to the Ophiotaurus, eyeing the fox in case it decided to run again. She was able to stand right above Bessie before anything happened, the fox ran away at a new speed, faster than it had previously, and it left Artemis bewildered standing above a crying Bessie. But before Artemis could touch the Ophiotaurus the earth rumbled slightly, a face appearing in the dirt.

"Welcome little hunter." Gaea spoke in her melodious voice.

Artemis panicked, the Earth had crafted a hold on her feet, she quickly grabbed the Bessie and tried to flash away. Bessie did disappear in a flash back to Olympus but Artemis was held strong to the Earth not able to move.

"Did you really think we wanted to end you all so soon? The Ophiotaurus was bait and I caught a little girl." The face of dirt dissolved into the clearing, "And now my son can get what he wants."

Artemis was slowly drawn into the earth, when the ground passed her head everything went black, falling into the unknown with the distant sound of laughter in her ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 3.5K 50
Whatever it is, he's seen it all. From son to warrior, to lover, and the following fall, he's experienced it all. It doesn't get much worse than the...
400K 5.3K 17
Percy was betrayed by the ones he loves most. Now he has a decision, Become the Guardian of the hunt, or try and survive on his own. ***I know this h...
31.1K 1.2K 31
(Cover by @Halfblood_of_the_Sea) Louis had been hiding something from his band mates for years. He was a demigod. After 6 years of not doing anything...
596K 8.1K 12
This is about Mortal's and Demigod's meeting Percabeth for the first time. Cover is off Tumblr, so please tell me if you know who made it and I'll gi...