Rude Awakening

By craftea

Ashlee Becker: a short-tempered and naive girl is ready for her dreams to finally become a reality. Everythin... More

Chapter One

Chapter Two

96 4 26
By craftea

            "Ashlee! Hurry up!" I heard Dylan call from somewhere in the apartment. I groaned and quickly applied the rest of my mascara. Dylan and I were going to some frat party that was being held at some frat house that I would inevitably forget about in the morning.

"Give me a second!" I called back after I finished the mascara and admired myself once more in the mirror. I wasn't the type of person to dress up and I liked to keep things more simple. I settled with a sweater and jeans, something that I knew I would be comfortable in all night.

"Ready," I grabbed my purse off of the counter and slung it loosely off my shoulder. Dylan turned to me and whistled in delight.

"Damn babe, you sure do look fine." She joked in her deepest voice possible. I giggled at her attempt to "sway" me and pushed her toward the door.

"I'm glad we're going out," I admitted as we both got into my car. I quickly got the car started and drove off while Dylan continued to do her make up in the car.

"Why didn't you do that before we left?" I laughed slightly focusing as much as I could on the road.

"I was in a rush-" I hit a speed bump. "Damn it!" She squealed as she smeared her lipstick. I glanced over and immediately busted out with laughter, which earned a very unnerving glare from Dylan.

"Now I need to redo my lipstick." She grumbled.

I turned on the music and decided to tune out Dylan for the rest of the way. Tonight was going to be good. I could feel it.

When I pulled up to the frat house, I wasn't sure what I had expected before. I mean, obviously drunken teens, but, damn. The streets were filled with cars, a lot of them more expensive than my fucking college intuition.

I found a parking spot surprisingly pretty close to the house. It seemed like more people were at the damn party than there was at the orientation. "Wow," I muttered and took in the scene. You could hear the music from at least two blocks away. Red solo cups and towel paper littered the lawn, and drunken college goers, and probably high schoolers, were passed out in various spot on the lawn or making out with one another.

I shuddered when I had to walk past a couple. They looked like they might eat the others face off if they kept going. I shuddered in disgust as Dylan and I squeezed our way through the house.

"Where are the drinks?" I asked Dylan, shouting as loud as possible over the loud music.

"Follow me!" I nodded and followed close behind, hoping I wouldn't get lost in the sea of drunks.

We entered the large kitchen, which thankfully, was empty aside from two other people. "Oh god, food." I grabbed a handful of chips and began chowing down.

"We come to party and get wasted, and you're worried about food?" Dylan laughed as she began pouring a pink looking lemonade in a red solo cup.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's always time for food." I said innocently. "Will you grab me a cup?"

She handed me hers and filled another cup. I brought the cup to my lips and took a big gulp of the pink drink. As soon as it touched my lips I knew it wasn't lemonade. I immediately began coughing as the burning sweet liquid went down my throat. "That," I said puckering my face. "Is strong."

Dylan laughed me. "What, did you really think they would serve lemonade at a college frat party?" She shook her head at me and grabbed a chip from the chip bowl.

"No, but that was really strong." I tried defending myself and lifted myself onto the counter. I wasn't much for parties, besides the drinking. That, I liked.

"You're such a pussy," Dylan rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm going to look for Chase." She said and started walking away.

"Wait, Chase? Chase who?" I turned my head and looked at her.

She looked back at me and shrugged. "Someone I met at orientation. He's hot, like, really hot." She winked at me before walking away drink in hand to find her possible fuck buddy for the night.

I grabbed another handful of chips and sighed. I kind of figured I would be left alone tonight.

I took a few more sips of my drink and eventually ran out of both a drink and chips. I took off my beanie seeing as it was getting pretty hot in the crowded house, and ran a hand through my dark hair. I sat on the counter, bored out of my mind, until someone familiar came in with someone not so familiar.

It was the guy from orientation. This time though, he wasn't sporting his tie-dye tank top, but instead a faded purple Emerson hoodie. My eyes widened and jumped off the counter as fast as possible so he wouldn't see me.

"Wait!" He called behind me.

"Shit," I said under my breath. I knew he didn't hear me with this loud music. I bit my lip and turned around. I faked a smile when I saw him and walked towards him.

"I didn't know you would be coming here," He said and brought his beer can to his lips. I mentally puked.

"Well, why wouldn't I?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You just... didn't look the type." He said matter-of-factly.

The girl, who I completely forgot about, cleared her throat to ease the tension. "Hi," She greeted and extended her arm out. "I'm Sydney. Sydney Ellis." She smiled at me, revealing her brilliant white teeth. Like, really white. I took her hand gratefully. "Ashlee Becker."

"I like your name," She complimented. She seemed nice enough.

"Thank you. I like yours also." Sydney tucked a strand of her curled brown hair behind her ear. "Are you from South Africa?" I blurted out. My eyes widen and I felt my cheeks flush. Did I really just ask that?

She giggled and shook her head. "No, I'm from good old America. Why do you ask?"

I bit my embarrassment back. "It's just, Ellis is a South African surname." I lied. Fuck if I knew if it was, I don't even know why I said that in the first place.

Sydney clicked her tongue and shrugged. "As far as I know, I don't have any South African in me." I nodded my head and put a hand on the counter. Could this be any worse?

The guy with Sydney finally spoke. "Well, I know your name now, and I forgot my manners at the orientation so," He also extended his arm out. "I'm Kai Quinn, and it's a pleasure to meet you." The way he drawled out the word pleasure made me feel giddy inside. Lord if I knew why.

I reluctantly took his hand, which was quite firm. I quickly pulled away and shoved my hand into my pocket. Smooth.

Sydney looked between the both of us and shook her head. "Hopeless you two," She clicked her tongue in disapproval before walking off somewhere.

It was awkward after she left, just leaving me and Kai alone in the kitchen. "So..." He looked around. "You enjoying yourself?"

I shrugged. "I guess," I looked down at the counter where my hand was. "I was ditched, so."

"Now, who would ditch such a beautiful lady?" He smirked. God was he hot.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm not a lady."

"Then," he took my chin in his hand and forced me to look at him. "What are you?" He whispered.

Right then, when I was actually looking at him, I noticed his gorgeous deep blue eyes. It was like starring into a sea. My breathing intensified, and I felt my heart beating at my chest.

I was at a loss of fucking words. "I-I'm just nineteen." I stuttered. Just nineteen? Real smooth! I mentally face palmed.

He ran his tongue across his lips, the smell of beer and coffee lingering in his breath. "Kiss me." At first, I didn't realize who said it. Put, when he pressed his lips into mine, it was obvious I had said it.

And I felt fucking amazing.

He brought his lips to mine in a forceful yet passionate kiss. A current was sent through my body, his soft lips connecting with mine somehow felt right.

But it wasn't.

I quickly pushed away, dazed as to what happened. "I-I," At a loss for words, I ran for it. I felt myself getting sick. I just kissed someone I wasn't even with. I was with Hudson!

I ran up the stairs of the crowded stairs, fighting my way through in search of a bathroom before I vomited on someone. I spotted the only door that was closed and barged in. A couple were sucking on each other's face. "Out," I breathed. The girl grabbed the guys hand and led them out quickly. I locked the door behind them and fell to the floor beside the toilet.

I lifted the lid and instantaneously vomited. I probably, really, shouldn't have ate all those chips and drank so much. I wasn't even close to being drunk, and I had quite a lot.

I felt miserable. I rested against the tub and laid my head back. "Fuck," I groaned. I never imagined I would find a bathroom floor so comfortable, but I did, because I soon passed out.

My eyes fluttered open, and I groaned in pain. My head was throbbing and I felt like I was dying. "Oh god." I ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my eyes. It wasn't until my view came into full focus that I realized I was in a bath tub.

"The hell?" I slowly got out of the tub, making sure not to move to fast or else my headache would erupt.

I exited the bathroom to find a couple of people passed out. I really hope they weren't waiting to use the bathroom.

I maneuvered myself over their bodies until I reached the stairs. The house was so littered, and I felt bad for whoever had to clean this shit up. When I reached the landing, I looked for Dylan but I didn't see her. "Shit."

She probably went home thinking I had already left. I sighed and pulled my phone out of my purse. I scrolled through my contacts until I reached Dylan. I pressed dial and brought the phone to my ear.

Of course I reached her voicemail. I angrily hung up and thought of one other person. Hudson.

I regrettably punched in his number. "Hello?" He answered and yawned.

Fuck. I woke him up. "Babe?" I bit my lip. "I'm sorry for waking you, but I really need you to pick me up." I begged, sounding as cute as possible.

He groaned on the other line. "Why am I picking you up?"

I took a deep breath. "I went out... to a party." He hated when I went to parties, so I knew I was in for an earful.

"Give me the fucking address." He snapped on the other end. I slightly jumped at his raising voice, but gave him the address nonetheless.

I waited outside for a mere 10 minutes when Hudson pulled up in his black Jeep Wrangler.

I got into the passenger side, hat in hand, and intertwined my hands together. "Why the fuck were you partying?" He glared at me, his nostrils flaring.

I gulped. "I can't have fun?"

"No." He snapped. "I-I mean, you can. But partying? That's not you!"

"You don't fucking know me!" I spat.

"I've been your boyfriend since high school! I'm sure I know you!"

"Oh yeah?" I challenged. "If you know me so well, did you think I would ever kiss anyone other than you? Cause I did last night!" My words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop. He infuriated me. He made me hurt. So I wanted to hurt him.

He looked at me, hurt and dumbfounded. "I'm driving you home, and we'll talk about this later." He tried to remain calm.

I didn't want to talk about this later. I wanted this to be over. "No, we won't." I spoke firmly.

"And why the hell not?" His eyes widened and his mouth twitched with anger.

I readied myself for what was to come. "Because," My mind reeled with things to say. So I just said it. "We're over. Hudson, I love you with all my heart, but... I've grown apart... We've grown apart." My eyes began to water, and I saw that his were already falling and rolling down his cheek. "I still think you're an amazing person, and God, I'd hate to lose you as a friend. I just, don't think we're right for each other anymore..." My voice lowered to a simple whisper and then I began to cry.

We cried together. I thought he would be mad, yell, do whatever. But whatever I thought he would do, he didn't.

"So, you really want this?" He asked wiping away more of his tears. We had sat crying for more than five minutes.

"Y-Yes." I choked out. He nodded his head and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Okay," He took a deep breath. "Okay." He released.

He started the car and began driving. I curled up in the seat, and watched as a blur of houses and trees passed us. This really wasn't how I wanted to end things with him. I just hope we can remain friends.

"Here we are," His voice broke the silence as he pulled up to mine and Dylan's apartment.

I opened the door and got out. I turned back to Hudson as I got out. "I'm sorry, Hudson."

"I'm sorry, too." And with that he drove off, leaving me feeling even guiltier than before.

I stomped into the house, pissed and guilty. Pissed, because Dylan left me, and guilty, for, well, obvious reasons. "Dylan!" I yelled storming into the apartment. Dylan came out of her room dressed for work. Shit, work.

"There you are!" She ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. "I had no idea where you were! I thought you came home last night!"

I pulled away. "Well, thanks to you, Hudson and I broke up."

A look of pure confusion took over her face. "Me? What did I do?" She sounded hurt.

"I'll explain later, I have to get ready for work." And with that, I angrily stormed off to my room.

-------------------

lol omg
so i like ashlee, and dylan, and sydney, and all of them because, well, i do.

xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
146K 7.1K 49
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
70.4K 2.8K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.