Dead Eyes (Kyoya X OC)

By lovelyxion

(COMPLETED) Kainé is starting her second year at Ouran Academy. She's very intelligent for someone her age. B... More

First Interaction
Meeting the host club
Grades and Physical Exam
A Game
Jungle Pool S.O.S
A Beach Fit
A Girls' Day Out
Lobelia Girls
What?!
It Doesn't Feel Wrong
Talk
Dinner with Mr. Ootori
Push
A Day in the Life of Avoiding Kyoya
Sweet Bitter Days
The Truth Comes Out
Covering the Famous Host Club
The Refresher Game and a Date
Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out
Until the Day it Becomes a Pumpkin
An Apprentice and a Big Reveal
An Apprentice and A Big Reveal (pt. 2)
An Apprentace and a Big Reveal (Pt. 3)
Stargazing
The End Is Near
A Note
Wedding Bells

Avoiding the Host Club Party

12.4K 300 413
By lovelyxion

C H A P T E R T H R E E

The next day.

*|| Kainé's POV ||*

"I get it now. So you have to work for them because you broke a vase and you have to pay them back by working. I feel sorry for you" I placed my hand on haruhi's shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm not really looking foward for the dance that's coming up" she grumbled.

"How about I pay your debt? That way you don't have to deal with them" I offered.

"Thank you for the offer but I want to pay them off myself." She politely said. When she said that I had to say something.

"Ok but remember you can rely on others right? So if you need anything ask me" I told her. She stayed quiet for a moment.

"Uh...ok thanks" I could practically feel her smile after she said that. I snapped my fingers and made a turn to the right.

"You should take your own advice too. Why do you snap your fingers so often?" She asked curiously.

"It's a habit of mine." I answered casually.

"Ok well if you need to talk to someone, you can always talk to me" she suggested.

"That's nice to know." I said as I opened the host club doors.

"Hello everyone." I greeted.

"Welcome" they all chanted together as the scent of rose filtered the air.

"Oh it's just Kaine." The twins said unamused.

"Well now, is that any way to treat a 'princess' as you so enjoy calling every lady who walk the halls in this school?" Kaine retorts to the twins comment.

"What are you guys even doing? The host club doesn't start until half an hour." Haruhi asks.

"The Boss wanted us prepped for the party coming up." Kaoru answered.

"I don't know why though. It's not like this is the first time we've hosted a party." Hikaru continues after his brother.

"You idiots. A princess should not be treated so carelessly! Manners are always important when impressing the public!" Tamaki, if i remember correctly, shouts so dramatically. I flinch.

"Why so loud and dramatic?" I ask in pain. The next thing I know, the twins are laughing.

"What's so amusing? I ask another question as I massage my head.

"You... sent the boss to the corner." Hikaru answers with a soft tone.

"Yeah. Don't you find that at least puzzling?" Kaoru follows his brother's sentence. With information, I was prepared to answer their question and ease their thoughts.

" Well many people do the most peculiar things. I've learned not to pay much attention to it."

"What an interesting notion," Kyoya interjected, " though I do have a question of my own that is more of a different topic."

" I'm open for any question." Following his voice, I turn to his direction.

"I don't believe you're here to attend the host club, so it leads to my question: why exactly are you here?"

"Well i ran into Haruhi and so i decided to walk her over here." I answer truthfully.

"OH HOW LOVELY! HARUHI HAS A GIRL FRIEND TO HANG OUT WITH!" Tamaki bursts out with joy. My head then starts pounding against my skull.

"Stop yelling!" I shout but start feeling light headed. I try to keep myself balanced but failed miserably. Before I could even collapse, however, i was caught in the arms of someone bigger than me. Someone with strong firm arms. A scent of black orchid. I traced his arms to his hands with my fingers. Soft.

"Thanks you Takashi." I say as I get myself back up with his help,"You know, for someone with callused hands from your training, they are quite soft."

"Mori" he intersects. I smile politely.

"Thank you Mori-sempai" I corrected myself. He simply grunts.

"What was That?" Haruhi asks.

"Yeah if it weren't for Takashi, you would be collapsed on the floor kai-chan" Mitskuni chirps in.

"Yea what just..." hikaru starts.

"...happened?" Kaoru finishes.

"If my memory serves me correctly, the other day you mentioned your hearing is sensitive. So, everytime someone raises their voice, you gain massive headaches. Am I correct?" Kyoya chimes in.

"Yes, you are." I turn his direction. "Now if you'll excuse me I must be off" I snap my fingers and I head towards the door but as I place my hand on the handle another stops me from leaving.

"Pardon me princess but I would like to invite you the our upcoming pristine host club party!" Tamaki speaks in the most flirtatious way. My grip tightened on the door handle. I plastered a smile on my face and without turning my head from the door, "Thank you for the invitation but I have to decline your offer." With that I pinch his arm to release me and I exit the room.

*||Kyoya's POV||*

What a peculiar girl. Her behavior is quite different compared to the rest of the ladies attending this school. Unlike everyone else, she has dignity and doesn't flaunt herself into anyone. Hmm. Not to mention she makes no eye contact with anyone. As if it's either because she thinks so highly of herself and won't bother to give attention to someone or is it because she thinks so little of herself? Whatever it is, there's something so off about her but I can't quite put my finger on it. This is going to be an interesting year.

I snap out of my daze to see Tamaki still whining in pain. Apparently not only did she pinch him but also hit him with the door. I believe she's already had enough of his shenanigans and she barely even knows him.

"Haruhi, due attend to his wounds. Our guests will be arriving any moment." I turn to Haruhi's direction.

"An interesting year indeed"

*||Kaine's POV||*

It's the day of the host club's party. For days the twins and Tamaki have been pestering me with the assistance of Kyoya himself and every now and then Haruhi solely because she didn't want to be stuck with them. I feel sorry for her. She could've just taken my offer. Oh well. I prep for school and await the endless voices that will fill the air soon enough.

Oddly enough, the host club haven't been bombarding me to attend their party. I'm assuming they are finishing up prepping everything so they're too busy to bug me.

I run my fingers against the walls as I draw closer to my class room. I open the door and it's quiet. I believe I'm here a little earlier than usual. With a few snaps, I lead myself to my desk, only to be tripped over what felt like a foot. I guess I'm not alone. That was a bad calculation on my end. I recover myself and continue my way to my seat.

"Why don't you just stay the hell away from the Host Club?"

'So it's her again'

"Sorry but I never caught your name"I ignore her question.

"You don't know who i am?" She sounds angrier.

"Clearly I dont" I reply, attempting to keep myself poised.

"I'm Kagame Hitusute. You should fear me." she sounds annoyingly triumphant,"Youre nothing compared to me." I smirk creeped my lips.

"Oh but, you see, that's where you're wrong." I say lowley, " I'm the devil who can bring hell fire. So, I suggest you stop harassing me or you can go dig yourself a grave." I can hear her lips quiver and immediately after footsteps fading away.

As the day went by, I heard the whispers of everyone around me. No doubt it was about this morning but then I realized, the smell of roses and the mint smokey pine drew closer to me. Not long after, the smell of strawberry cake and black orchid came aswell. I was surrounded. I stopped in my tracks and sighed.

"Lead the way." And from what I could tell, Kyoya locked arms with mine. I could here Mitzkuni giggling with glee as they led me to the famous Music Room 3. My mind was running all the possibilities as to what I'm about to encounter. This is going to be a difficult situation. I have be more cautious now. I can feel my heart raising and I realized I tightened my grip on Kyoya's sleeve. I let go but this gesture didn't go unnoticed.

"Are you alright Ms. Kohima?" Kyoya asked.

"Oh, I'm fine. I just have a lot in mind." I respond quite truthfully. Soon after we all stopped. I can hear Mitzkuni's giggling fall as I feel him pull my arm through the doors and I start to lose my balance. Before I could fall an arms locks with mine once again. From the sleeve I could tell who it was.

"Thank you Kyoya" I say eloquently. The scent of cinnamon and caramel clouded my nose.

"Hello boys." I greeted the twins.

"So... what do you think?" They spoke simultaneously ignoring my greeting. I hear a sheet of cloth ripple in the air. I pretend to be in awe ever so slightly but my heart began to race once again. And again, my grip tightens.

"Our mom designed it. We estimated your measurements so we're not sure if it'll fit like a glove." They spoke. I let out the breath I unknowingly held and I loosen my grip.

"It's lovely." I say softly in a grateful way. I unlock my arm from Kyoya's and I snap my fingers. I slowly make my way to the outfit they presented. I lift my hand and trace my fingers through the fabric. I could tell that the base fabric was Taffeta and a light layer of Chiffon made it's way draping the skirt and top. One snap and I turn to the group.

"It's beautiful" I smile.

"Told ya she'd like it." The twins chime in once again. Then, the smell of coffee comes in.

"No one denied it" Haruhi spoke. She sounded a little irritated.

"So..." Tamaki starts but he seemed to not continue it.

"So what?" I ask.

"He's wondering if you'll attend the party tonight Kai-chan." Mitzkuni chimes with glee.

"We do have a proposition for you." Kyoya began to speak.

"What do you have in mind?" I follow his words.

"If you decide to attend and wear the dress you would have to work for us. We would really like to keep an eye on you, with Haruhi secret being important for us to keep. We-"

"I apologize but I'm going to have to stop you right there." I cut him off," You can trust me with her secret. In fact, without your knowledge, I've become good friends with Haruhi. I am an independent women and I will not succom to you as if I'm a lower status compared you men." I take my graceful but confident steps towards the door. I open the door but before I would leave I stop turning my head slightly.

"And to answer your auestion: No, I will not be attending the party. Good day." And with that I take my leave.

*||Kyoya's POV||*

Dignity and confident. Impressive.

"Way to go guys. You pissed her off." Haruhi spoke.

"It wasn't us. It was Kyoya." Kaoru adds.

"Yeah he's the one who said everything." Hikaru follows his brother.

"OH I'M SO ASHAMED. WE'VE UPSETTED A PRINCESS! THIS ISN'T THE WAY TO BE A GENTLEMAN!" Tamaki cries. Ugh and this oaf is me best friend. I continue writing in my journal of the details I've noticed.

Snaps

Likes to feel everything around her, all with the tips of her fingers.

Was nervous until told exactly what's going on.

No lines in any of her journals.

Never does her testing publicly.

No eye contact what so ever.

This is quite the interesting information. I'm still missing something but What?

------

*||Kaine's POV||*

Finally. I get to make my way home. As I arrive home I begin to feel a small pressure on my chest.

Oh no. Damn it. Not now. I quicken my pace as I head up the stairs and run my fingers against the wall leading me to my room.

I can feel it.

I burst through my door and right as I'm about to close it tears are running down my cheeks.

Damn it! Not again. All this for a dress? Pathetic.

Then, I hear knock on the door. I compose myself before I could speak.

"Come in."

"Sorry to disturb you milady but there's a package for you." The maid says as she enters the room. She hands me the package and as I'm in the process of opening it she announces," there's also a note. Would you like me to read it?"

I have feeling what this is. I nod for approval.

"Dear Kaine,

Take this package as a gift and our way of apologizing. The Boss wouldn't stop lecturing until we did something. The host club do hope you change your mind on attending the party. We promise this is not a trick.

From the Hitachiin twins " the maid finishes.

"Thank you." I said and with that the maid makes her way out the door. I lift the dress out of it's package and set on my bed. I sigh. I'm going to risk everything if I go.

-----

I step out of my limo and made my way through the crowd. This was a mistake. Too many noises. Too many scents. I'm screwed. Eventually I found my way towards a table and began to listen to what was going. Apparently I'm late as I heard several girls fawning over about the big announcement that was made earlier.

*||Kyoya's POV||*

I scan the whole room to see everyone enjoying themselves. It appears that every costumer is here but...

"She's not here yet." Tamaki interrupts my thoughts.

"I don't understand what you mean, Tamaki. You say 'yet' as if she's going to attend. If you would recall, she made it quite clear that she's not going to attend." I inform him.

"So she is on your mind." Tamaki smiles as I stiffen. "I understand why. She's different. I mean she outwitted you twice for crying out loud. I'm sure she'll come. I got the twins to do an errand." I didn't dare look up my journal.

"Hey Takashi, look, it's Kai-chan!" Homey-sempai cheers and I cooly lift my head to where he was pointing. Beautiful. Red suits her well. Especially with those grey eyes of hers.

"Alright gentlemen. It's time dance with the ladies!" Tamaki says dramatically. We make our way down the steps to attend a lady.

*||Kaine's POV||*

I just need to stay calm and not do much movement.

Oh god.

My eyes widen but stay still. The scent of Smokey pine with a hint of mint.

"Are you here to ask me to dance?" I ask with turning his direction.

"Why yes I am." He says in a false joy tone.

"Well I decline."I inform him in a lazy way. Soon after my hand is in his and I'm on my feet.

"I'm apologize but I won't take no for an answer." I can practically feel a smirk on his face. And we dance.

"You look beautiful by the way. The dress suits you very well." He adds.

"Flattery will get you no where" I remark.

"Well then how about an apology? I owe you one after all." He adds. I stay quiet and he took it as a yes. "I would like apologize for the words I've said that offended you. If you havent taken note, I'm a cautious person and a man of business. I hope you understand that."

" Well, being the youngest son of the Ootori group I can see you difficult position." I feel him tense," I forgive you. How about I make a proposition that benefits both of us?" I suggest.

"I'm listening." He says.

"I will come to the host club everyday. Not to be a costumer or to serve you but merely so you can 'keep an eye on me'. I don't feel inferior and you can watch me. Deal?" I make my deal.

"Hmm" he's thinking. "It's a deal. Now if you'll excuse me. I just take my leave."and with that he walks away.

Then, horror struck me. I don't know where I am exactly. I can't find my way with all this noise.
I tried to move through the crowd but I was lost. I was about to panic until an arm interlocked with mine. The scent-

"Mori-sempai," I say, "aren't you a sight for sore eyes?"

"How would you know?" He said not in a rude way but genuine. Oh god. He escorts me outside and let's go of my arm before heading back. I hear is footsteps before they stopped.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."And with that he went back inside and went home.

I'm screwed. Who knows how long the others will catch on.

--------------------------------------

A/N

Yo. I'll try to update a new chapter every week. Hope you enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 535 46
"Everyone calls me an Angel, but Angels have wings, and no matter how hard I try...I can't fly." Inside the Sohma Estate exists a whole other world o...
7.9K 275 25
She wanted a way out, he wanted a way in. After a terrible accident, Anzu Fukushima took a leap of faith to find out more about her father. Turns out...
11.6K 298 28
It all started in the Valley of Void, close to the border of Mongolia, but still on Chinese grounds. And at the Onyx Palace, a blind snow leopard had...
1M 42.7K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...