Before Its Too Late( Camren f...

By Writings_Everything

"What happen" I barley say. "I don't know" Dinah says surprised. "What do you mean you don't know. Why would... More

Whose Hottie
Lauren Speaks
Love Me The Same
I Want Mila Too
You Want To Play, Game On
An Old Friend
Lo Lo What's Wrong
Regret Is A Powerful Thing
Get Your Head In The Game
Which Path To Take
Take Me Lauren
Im A Vampire Camila
Dinah What Are You
I Feel Nothing
Dinah What The Hell Are You
I've Been Thinking
What Have You Done
Mommy Knows Best
Looks Can Be Decieving
Baby Your Not A Wolf
Secrets Come Out To Play
Camila The Immortal
Lauren is my MATE
Fight Like Hell
Camila Vs. Conscious
Quiet Camila
Scared Yet
Camila Vs alimaC
We Live A Life Of Hell
I Need Blood
Another One
Fuck Me
Dirty Secrets That You Keep
Title Beats Blood
Important

Opposites Don't Attract

14.4K 244 90
By Writings_Everything

(Lauren)

"When I think of a lot of words to describe life, easy isn't one of them. I find life challenging in all aspects. Finding a job to getting into college to friends and family. We all have our battles, yet we never want to help each other out. We rather sigh in relief and then laugh at those who struggle. You might say it's what we do but when did it become a time in society where we should ever become like that" I say looking at an opened mouth Normani.

"Laur I asked you to describe life in one word not the opposite, What's wrong," she says and I look at her and question if I should tell her but decide against it.

"Nothing I just must be stressed out from school," I say and she laughs.

"You stressed about school, as if. This is your playground" she says and I smile. Mani has been there for me since the beginning and never left my side. I feel like people never appreciate true friends.

*bell rings*

"That's our cue," she says and I frown.

"That hell has officially started. One day down, a thousand more to go" she says and I smile.

I actually enjoy school. I mean most people think it's weird how I sit with Normani and ally because they're cheerleaders and I'm more of a home bodied person but what can I say, they get me.

"Hey, Laur, mani" ally says and I can't help to smile at her smile. Even though she's the captain of the team she's nothing like the stereotypical grade A bitch you see in movies and tv shows.

"Now class I know that with this being your first day back and you being seniors, you don't want to do anything. However, this is life and it goes on with or without you" he says and they all groan while I just continue to listen.

"I need you to partner up and get together so that way you can do your first project which will be due in exactly one month. It's chemistry so it will be science-based. You will learn the discovery of polonium 210 and write a report on it. I expect graphs and charts and no more than 4 pages but no less than 2" he says and I nod liking the sound of it. It's an easy A. I look to Normani who of course says yes and I wink.

"No Lauren and Normani, you guys are partners for everything. In fact, you all are always partners and I'm tired of the same work. How about this...... Ally and Sabrina. Carl and Erica. Kendrick with josh............ Dinah with Lauren, last Normani with Camilla" he says.

"It's pronounced cameela" I look up to see the co-captain Camila Cabello and see her upset that she and Dinah aren't partners. They're also friends with Normani and ally but I've never spoken to her.

"So, you gonna stare at her all day or go talk to Dinah," Normani says and I nod in agreement and walk up to Dinah. I sit down as she turns around and she seems relieved it's someone she knows of.

" I'll do all the work and you'll get an A," I say looking down continuing to read as she clears her throat. I don't look up and see she's starting to get annoyed so I look up.

"I'm Dinah and I want to help. I might be in this outfit but I don't have a brain of a cheerleader and I certainly don't need to copy off of anyone. We do the project, we're going to do it right. You have gorgeous eyes by the way" she says coming off aggressive.

"Mani," Dinah says and then looks at Camila and me an ally.

"How about we have a study group after school at my house. We can all do our project and I can get to know Ms. know it all over again" she says and I bite my lip from saying anything.

"No thanks, I have things to do after school," I say keeping my eyes on the book.

"Laur" mani and ally say. I look back but all I see is Camilla staring at me. I turn around calmly and get up as the bell rings.

"Wait up, Lauren wait up," Dinah says and I stop to look at her.

"When are you going to go back to the old Lauren," Dinah says and I give her a vicious glare.

"People change," I say and walk away last year I was friends with Dinah, I was on the cheer squad, got invited to everything. I was a very social butterfly but like they say people change and life goes on.

*bell rings*

"Where are you going" I hear behind me.

"Library," I say back.

"Your skipping on the first day" I stop in my tracks and turn to see Ms. Lovato.

"It's been a long time, " she says looking at me like she's astonished I'm still alive. She is hesitant before she speaks again.

"How have you been since........" She doesn't even finish the sentence.

"I'm better thanks for asking. I have to go now" I say but she grabs my book bag.

"Actually, I think I have you next. Come on in Ms. Jauregui" she says and I put on a smile and walk in. I sit in the back by myself and I see Camila looking back at me. But I just put my head down and start to sketch.

"Ms. Jauregui" I hear but keep my head down.

"What's one thing you wish you had back," she says and I snap my pencil out of frustration.

"Actually let us start the lesson for today......"

I look up to see half the class sleep the other half paying attention then there's Camila. I've never had a problem with her so I don't know why she keeps on looking at me but it pisses me off. I glare harshly at her and watch her still stare. I look back down and take deep breaths. I get up quickly and walk out as the bell rings.

"You ready to grub," mani says and I smile and say yes. I don't want everyone around me to feel my pain. It' wouldn't be fair of me to put my problems on someone else's shoulder.

(Camila's Pov)

"Hey Mila," Dinah says and my face lights up.

"Dinah," I say jumping on top of her, making her laugh.

"I miss you too mamas," she says and I laugh.

" how is your day going so far," she asks and I shrug.

" it's okay, what about you," she says as we walk back to the tables with the other cheerleaders.

"It's good," she says as she starts to talk to the other cheerleaders. I look at the other end to see Lauren sketching like always. Ever since last year incident, she's changed completely. I know of her rather than knowing her. I watch as she gets a text and then her pencil snaps. Seven. That's how many pencils she's broken today. I find her intriguing yet I don't think I would ever speak to her. She seems more of a home bodied person, while I'm social and loud and opposites attracting is a lie. Those are made up in fairy tales with a happy ending. There's no happy ending for me.

*phone vibrates*

" Hello," I say as I walk outside.

"You bitch, where is it" I hear growled and I frown.

"What are you talking about," I ask innocently and hear the venom in her voice.

"You know, I could've have given you up but I choose to keep something as pathetic as you. You ruined my fucking life. I could've have been something but I'm a fucking regular middle-class person instead. Now where the hell is my supply" she says and I sigh.

"I have it, I'll give it to you," I say and hear her laugh.

"How about this, if you bring it now I might let you in the house for the night," she says and I sigh. I go to get my bag and see Dinah give me a look of worry. I told her to wait for my text and walk home.

People who are fortunate to have both parents and are able to live well and complain, disgust me. Here I am with a deadbeat mom who does everything in the book and an out of the picture father. I have no one. My dad came and took my sister sophi. It's just me and my mom. My dad told me he could only take one of us so I chose for her to have a better life. Life, what's the meaning of it. Is it to see how far we can truly go before we break. I want to know what can make people so cruel in the world. Everyone in this world is cruel in their own way.

*knock on the door*

"Finally," she says and looks at me with disgust before pulling me in the house.

"Give it to me" she screams and I throw it at her and try to walk out but she grabs me.

"I can't just let you walk out without some sort of disciplinary action. That would be bad parenting"

"What a waste, why don't you do yourself a favor and disappear," she says and punches me twice in the gut. I fall to the ground on all fours gasping for air when she kicks me in the gut hard over and over again and I can't take this anymore. She picks me up by the collar again and smiles.

"I didn't touch that pretty face of yours at all did I," she says and I gulp harshly.

"What did the mother say to the daughter she hates," she says and I flinch.

"I..I don't know.....what," I say and see her grin before putting me down on the floor again, shhhing me calmly. As I calm down she whispers in my ear.

"Have a nice fall" and before I know it, she pushed me and I'm falling down the steps. I thought her beatings were harsh. I pick myself up as she walks off and gets out of the house. It's at least 11:00 pm. I don't know where the time went, I kept blacking out on top of that. I can't do it anymore. You can't pay me to go back. I'm tired of being a burden to everyone. I walk to the park and stand on the edge of a waterfall. I think of what I researched lately the chances of surviving a waterfall is very uncommon. People who commonly get caught up in the falls of any waterfall have 15-30 minutes seeing as it's 30 degrees Celsius and from all the debris to the bubbles and the mixture of it all, I doubt I would survive. I look over and decide on if I really want to do this. I pull out my phone and make one last phone call.

"Hey, Dinah," I say sadly.

"Hey Mila, what's wrong," she says and I sigh in frustration.

"Nothing, just remember when you told me that life has a funny way of showing you things. How life is always going to be alright, that if it is not okay it's not the end" I say and see her hesitant.

"Mila where are you," she asks and I sniffle.

"I just want to say that I love you," I say and hear her cry.

"This sounds like a goodbye," She says and I hear her shake.

"Only for a little bit, think of it as a lifetime them we will see each other again," I say and she starts breaking out crying.

"No, I won't let you," she says and I turn around to see her standing there. I sigh knowing she cheated but that won't stop me.

"It's too late, I can't do it anymore 10 years, ten fucking years of torture. When do I get my happy ending" I say as I can barely see.

"You'll die, you can't swim and professional swimmers can't even survive that jump," she says disgustedly.

"I'm tired of weighing everybody down, I need to do this," I say and before she responds I jump head first.

This is where it all ends, this is where I'm no longer a burden to anyone. Not to the school, teachers, friends, family. My time is up and has been for years. I have no desire to live anymore and this is me acting on it. And with that its pitch black.

(Next day)

I wake up to a headache that kills and I don't remember much else all I know is I'm not dead.

"What happens" I barely say.

"I don't know," Dinah says surprised.

"What do you mean you don't know. Why would you risk your life-saving mines" I say annoyed? She looks off guard and then laughs.

"No, I'm not dumb enough to jump after your ass. Mila I love you but I love life much more. All I know is right after you jumped, someone jumped in after you and somehow got you out. When I got down there the proper way, you were wrapped up in blankets and the person guy or girl was gone" she says and I look to see I'm in Dinah's clothes and warmed up.

"Don't scare me like that ever again?" she says and I smile.

"The chances of us surviving were low like 0% low," I say surprised.

"Maybe this is a sign from big G that your time isn't up yet," she says with a wink and walks out. My phone rings and I get an unknown text.

Life isn't to be played with ms Cabello. Please stay out of the waterfall for both our sake ~Unknown

Why did you save me~Camila

Because life isn't something to be played with, especially when I see potential~Unknown

"Dinah are you fucking with me" I yell and here her coming in.

"What the hell are you talking about," she says and I show her the messages.

"That's not my number sweets, you would know if I changed my phone number," she says and snatches my phone.

Hey so I'm curious are you the hottie who saved my best friend from dying yesterday~Camila

Hi to you too Dinah, and yeah to answer your question~hottie

"Really Dinah," I say as I see the screen name.

Wait, how do you know who I am. The only way you would know is if you went to my school~Dinah

Who says I don't~hottie

"I don't want word to get out that I tried to kill myself," I say nervously to myself.

Listen I don't Know who you are but keep quiet or you'll be getting a poly beat down~ Dinah

"Problem solved now.... let's get you to the hospital check and make sure you have nothing wrong," she says picking me up and I hiss.

"My mom had a talk with me," I say and see Dinah upset. I never liked telling Dinah the truth. She's been here with me since the beginning and it pains me to see I'm the reason she's smiling or upset.

"Dinah......"

"Don't, the crazy part is your going to go back?" she says laughing in disbelief and I shake my head.

"No, I'm done with her, I promise," I say and see her eye me suspiciously.

"You are not going to do anything stupid again are you," she says and I bite my lip.

"fine," I say knowing I'm probably lying.

"Mila I need to know I won't wake up in the middle of the night again to get another call that you are trying to take your life. I learned a little trick from an old friend. When your not able to love and live for yourself anymore, find something in the world. One thing as your reason worth living for" she says and looks sad.

"Who said that," I say and see her shake her head.

"It doesn't matter now, we're here," she says looking down at the steering wheel. After all, Dinah's been through, you think she would have quit. She's lived a rough life with her family. One family member died from an illness, another from a fight. Her mom was deathly ill but not living anymore and she sacrifices everything for her family. I smile and respect my best friend so much. It's a shame how many people you walk by every day and you will never get to know their story.

"you are my reason....." I say sticking out my pinky.

" I pinky promise to live for you," I say and see her light up. I haven't seen one of the smiles in a while.

I get a wheelchair and roll up to the doc in the lab coat. I watch as he looks at me with pity knowing the truth but I never confess. Ten years I've been coming to him and he's yet to have ratted me out.

"Ms. Cabello, there seems to be no broken, just bruising and exactly how did you get this," he asks and I think about telling him I jumped but look at Dinah who looks at me with a hell no face. I laugh and then just shrug it off while he huffs.

"Well if that's it, you good to go," he says sadly and I grab his hand.

"Don't worry, this will be my last visit?" I say and that seemed to brighten his mood.

"I never catch your name," Dinah said flirting.

"That's Mr. Mahone, Austin Mahone," I say and Dinah suddenly looks disinterested.

"Let's go," she says pushing me to the car. But bumps into Normani at the hospital instead.

"Mani," I say in disbelief.

"What are you doing here"

A/N: Hey guys, check out amazing covers by amna0298....who did this cover herself. She is a genius in the making and does all my covers for my books.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 2.3K 25
Camila and Sofia Cabello move out months after their parents' death. They always lived at Miami, but now, with the money earned from the house, they...
968K 24.4K 22
Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys dream. She's dating the most popular girl...
229K 8.5K 29
One dark night, Lauren is saved by a huge mysterious wolf. What's even more mysterous is that she's seen it's eyes before, somewhere else. Not to men...
991K 17.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...