whirlpools ➸ pj liguori ➸ rew...

By ughdele

featuring the universally misleading rachel green and the web of lies she created with the internet famous pj... More

extended summary
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
notice

chapter five

240 21 6
By ughdele

and although she'd probably deny it, she looked extremely happy whenever she was around her family. her eyes returned to the soft, yet playful gaze of a child's, and in all honesty, it suited her.

- - - - - - - - - -

PJ knew Rachel's family had to be at least a little well-off. Come on, with what her parents did for a living, and all of the vacations they had been on, it'd made sense in his mind. He could have never expected a tall-walled mansion, complete with fountains on both sides of the lengthy driveway. He couldn't have imagined not only a outdoor mini-waterpark, but an indoor pool as well. He would have never imagined a completely marble foyer, along with maids and butlers willing to escort them to the sitting room. He could have never imagined a hallway that already costed more than basically everything he owned.

"Why didn't you add this important little tidbit to the notebook, hm?"

Rachel looked at PJ sheepishly. "Slipped my mind."

PJ shook his head, laughing at the irony. Rachel had includes details about her childhood pet in the notebook, but not the fact that her parents were filthy rich?

Just as the "couple" were about to entire the lounge, Rachel swiftly grabbed PJ's hand.

"Mum! Dad!" she exclaimed, waving to her parents as they engrossed themselves in the morning news.

They whipped their heads towards the two, immediately smiling and jumping up from their seats. Immediately he searches for the origin of the deep blue eyes, but both of them had green eyes. After sighing internally, PJ took note of how casual they dressed, both wearing jeans, before he smiled back.

"Shel! Oh my baby--" her mum's voice became muffled as she kissed Rachel's head repeatedly.

Her dad strolled over and stood happily next to his wife. "You must be the boyfriend we heard so much about! Er," the old man's face twisted up into a look of confusion.

"PJ."

"PJ! Aha, it seems like we're finally getting to meet you!" the man's face tore into a warm smile, and he reached out to pat PJ on the back, before hugging his daughter.

"Oh la la," Rachel's mother began, raising her eyebrows suggestively. "You've found yourself a cute one, eh, Shel?"

Rachel blushed and nodded, and PJ laughed half-heartedly. "It's great to finally meet you Mr. and Mrs. --"

"They just go by Bernard and Essi," Rachel coolly cut in, looking warmly towards PJ.

"Mhm," Essi hummed, sticking her hand out towards PJ. The artist carefully shook it, followed by a handshake from Bernard. Although the encounter seemed like the stereotypical "we're cool parents" scenario so far, PJ liked Bernard and Essi.

Rachel lightly gripped PJ's hand again, and lead him over to a seat diagonal from her parents. As her parents caught her up on all of the drama they'd encountered in the last week, PJ took the time to admire the room. A large gray rug was sprawled out in the center of the room, reaching all corners of the room. There was a glass chandelier in dangling in the center of the room, the light from the floor-to-ceiling windows shining prismatic light onto the tiled floors. PJ's attention then diverted to the elegantly carved columns stationed behind Bernard and Essi's sofa, as if guarding the queen herself. PJ sighed dreamily, looking up towards Essi who had finished her rundown of the snarky things people had said to her.

"That was unnecessary to say," Rachel commented, eyes filling with short-lived emotion.

"Well, jokes on her, because I actually went and did it! I wouldn't have it weren't for her incessant gloating, but you know how those snobby aristocrats are."

Rachel nodded, squeezing PJ's hand.

"You two have a beautiful home," PJ complimented, smiling genuinely.

"Funny story," Bernard began, glancing at a nostalgic-looking Essi. "We actually lived in a three bedroom house before this. It was cramped and small and often smelly, but we liked it. We had plenty of money to go and buy a new one, with all of our success and such, but we loved it so dearly. Our money was piling up in the bank, and the market was looking good, so Nicholas finally convinced us to move. He's such a good person, PJ, you'll love him."

"What about me?" at that moment, Nicholas sauntered in, his arm wrapped around the waist of a tall Aisan woman.

"Nicholas, my boy!" Essi and Bernard did the same routine of popping up to hug the newcomer, only this time with Rachel and a hesitant PJ.

"Vivian! So great to see you," Essi said warmly, hugging the woman.

"Good to see you too," she returned, before strutting over to Rachel and PJ. "You must be the infamous Shel!"

"And you must be the infamous Vivian," Rachel replied, a lot less enthusiastic than anyone in the room. "Meet PJ, my boyfriend."

Vivian's eyes swept to PJ, and she gave him a toothy smile. "Nice to meet you. According to Nicholas, you're a business man? Nicky himself actually runs a high scale mortgage company."

PJ's eyes widened and he looked at Rachel, who had the same expression, with just a tint of guilt added.

"No, he had a business meeting, he's not a business man. He-"

"I write and direct films and post them online."

Vivian nodded in appreciation, before showcasing that same toothy grin. "This should be fun."

- - - - - - - - - -

The meeting with Rachel's parents had come to an end the same way it had started -- awkward. Although when everyone was there and speaking to each other, it was magnificent. Everyone seemed truly captivated by PJ whenever he spoke, whether about his work, or his partially made up stories with Rachel. Bernard, Nicholas, Essi, and Vivian all loved him, and PJ was beginning to like them as well. And as stupid as it sounded, PJ actually wanted to see them all again, posing as Rachel's boyfriend. It was fun, and the people were nice, nothing like their mansion would have made them out to be. He'd learned a lot more about Rachel too, like the fact that she wanted to end up being a model when she was a kid. His "girlfriend" immediately blushed, which he immediately teased her about, and then Rachel punched his arm.

Plus, PJ had refrained from calling Rachel anything other than Shel the whole time, not counting their fake pet names for each other. PJ had successfully convinced the Greens that he was a caring boyfriend to their daughter, when in reality, he was nothing but some guy she happened to run into twice. That fact really tore away at his heart, and he subconciously decided he'd miss holding Rachel's hand.

Either way, Rachel and PJ's time together had more than likely come to an end, and it was time for them to leave.

Everyone had hugged each other and said goodbye, and began shuffling towards the door.

"Actually, Vivian, I've got a meeting to go to, so I'll see you when I get home."

Vivian pouted at her boyfriend's words before kissing his cheek and saying, "Have fun."

Nicholas laughed little, replying, "I will. I love you."

"I love you too."

"I mean it. I need to get going, now." Nicholas dashed out, leaving a dazed Vivian in the dust.

Essi squealed, squeezing her husband's arm. "Look at those two! A great match, I think. They've only been dating for three months, I think. Shel, haven't you and PJ been dating for double that?"

"Yeah," Rachel replied distractedly, putting all of her stuff in her bag simultanesouly.

"Well those two are already exchanging meaningful 'I love you's'," her mother said, looking sheepishly away, just like her daugher would do. PJ laughed internally.

"Oh, well," Rachel looked up at PJ. "We have too."

PJ nodded and looked warmly at Rachel, before turning towards Essi and Bernard.

"Look at my two children! With their happy relationships! I could never be prouder," Mrs. Green said, looking at her husband happily.

"Okay, mum," Rachel breathed out, intertwining her hand with PJ's. "We're going now."

"Bye, love!" her parents shouted, quicklt adding, "Bye, PJ!"

The two waved goodbye, before quickly retreating to Rachel's car. "You're a pretty good actor," she complimented, putting her keys in the ignition.

"You aren't so bad yourself."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 20.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
576K 20.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 61.6K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
413K 12.5K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...