Fighting The Light (A Harry P...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin disliked James Potter very much. There was no way of putting it simpler or plainer. From the... More

Fighting The Light (A Harry Potter Next Generation Fanfic Book 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 20

6.2K 184 108
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin

*The night of the party*

Words couldn't explain how happy I was. How did I ever not notice before that I had such strong feelings for James Potter? I was extremely blind to them and when I kissed him every single one of those emotions that I held for him flooded out of me and finally made me realise.

I was in love with James Potter.

Wow, that sounded extremely weird and I would've laughed in someone's face if they'd have told me that i'd be dating James Potter in the past few years.

"I knew you'd finally see sense Amber! Ahhh I'm so happy for you!" Cassie squealed once James, Fred and Kyle had all disappeared to find their family.

"Thanks Cass." I laughed, giving her yet another hug.

"It's about time Chamberlin, Jamsie has been chasing you for months." Tanner rolled his eyes, leaning in to give me a hug. 

"Well I didn't notice." I shrugged. 

"How did you not notice?!" Cassie cried. 

"I don't know." I admitted, laughing at Cassie's expression. 

"We better go, our families will be wondering where we are." Nadia told us. 

"Happy new year guys, see you later." I told them, turning to head over to where I could see Mother, Father, Jenna and Greg stood. 

"Happy new year, love you all." Cassie smiled before dashing away. I nodded once to Nadia and Tanner before hurrying in the direction of my family. 

"Amber?" I was suddenly stopped by a familiar voice. 

"Kieran? I thought you weren't coming?" I turned, facing Kieran who looked like he had missed out on a lot of sleep. 

"Well I did, I need to talk to you for a moment." He told me, showing no emotion on his face. 

"Kieran, it's nearly time for the countdown I need to go to my family." I told him, ready to walk over to them before I was suddenly stopped by Kieran grabbing my wrist. 

"No, I need to talk to you now Amber." He told me, keeping a firm grip on my wrist. 

"Kieran please, you're hurting me." I desperately tried to pull my wrist out of his grip. 

"Come on Amber, stop whining." 

"10!"

"Kieran, I need to be with my family!" I protested as he pulled me towards the corridor where I had previously spoken to James. 

"9!" 

"Amber, stop struggling!" He cried, now grabbing my upper arm and dragging me away. How had no one noticed this?! 

"8!" 

Once we made it into the corridor, Kieran shoved me so that I went crashing down to the floor, laying on my back and looking up in horror at the person who had been my best friend not too long ago. Why was he doing this? 

"7!"

"Kieran please! It's New Years Eve, I want to be with my family!" I cried, trying to stand up before Kieran suddenly pointed his wand at me, making me suddenly freeze. 

"6!" 

"Master, I have her right where we need her." Kieran spoke to nobody in particular, just thin air. 

"5!" 

"Kieran I think you need to see a therapist, you're going mental. Please just let me-" 

"NO!" He yelled 

"4!" 

Suddenly a black cloud appeared, rushing quickly towards myself and Kieran. Kieran grinned menacingly down at me as the black cloud slowly formed into a person in a black hood, you couldn't see the person's face, just a pair of deadly red eyes. 

"3!" 

"What a happy new year this is for you Miss Chamberlin." I didn't recognise his voice as I spoke. 

"Please just let me go!" I cried. 

"2!" 

The hooded figure then shot a jet of light towards me, making me reel in pain. 

"1!" 

The hooded figure and Kieran suddenly disappeared, leaving me on the ground. 

"Happy New Year!"

The last thing I heard were the cries of celebration as people celebrated the New Year and the piercing scream of "AMBER!" 

 I was then pulled into blackness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*1 Week Later*

The next thing I felt was a tidal wave of air hitting me and I suddenly sat up coughing and spluttering from the large amount of air that had rushed back into my lungs. My eyes flew open to come face to face with the worrying faces of my family and Harry Potter himself. I finished my coughing and looked around at everyone's worried face's. Where was I? 

"What happened? Where am I?" I asked as Mum leant me back against my pillows. 

"You're in St Mungos Hospital darling, you were attacked." Mum told me soothingly, stroking my hair back from my forehead. 

"I was attacked?" I asked, my eyes growing wide. 

"You don't remember anything honey?" Dad asked. 

"How far back do you remember Amber?" Harry Potter spoke, concern etched on his face. 

"Er I had just said Happy New Year to Cassie, Nadia and Tanner before I made my way over to Mum, Dad, Greg and Jenna. I can't remember getting to them though." I told him, trying to search through my memory to try and remember some small detail. 

"You never made it over to us darling." Mum sighed. 

"How are you feeling Amber?" Greg asked me with a small smile, his hand was in mine on the other side of me. 

"Okay, my head just hurts a little." I replied, resting my spare hand on my head. 

"Amber, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" Harry Potter asked me, he then looked over at my parent's. 

"No of course not." I smiled. 

"Gregory, Jenna, please wait outside for a little while, we all know that she's okay now." Mum ordered them. Greg looked like he was about to protest before he just sighed and nodded, following Jenna out of the room. Harry took Greg's original seat and reached for a notepad and pen out of his pocket. James had always said that his Dad a little Muggle habits and it seemed that he was right. 

"Okay, so the last people you saw were Nadia Lovera, Tanner Jordan and Cassidy Harris?" Harry asked me. 

"Yes, we all wished each other Happy New Year before they all went off to find their families and I did the same." I told him. 

"Okay, I will still need to speak to all of your friends, including my son, they aren't possible suspects, but we need to get a good hold on what happened to find the person who committed the crime." Harry told me whilst he wrote down what I had said and Nadia, Tanner and Cassie's name's. 

"Okay." I nodded slowly so that I wouldn't hurt my head. 

"Amber, do you have any current enemies?" Harry asked me. 

"No, not really. I don't have anybody that I strongly dislike." I told him honestly. 

"Okay, they are the only questions that I have for now, if I find anymore evidence, I may have more questions, but for now thank you for answering my questions Amber, especially after you've only just woken up." Harry told me with a sincere smile. 

"That's quite alright, we just want to find who did this don't we Amber?" Mum smiled over at Harry. 

"Oh yes, Mr and Mrs Chamberlin, I have been requested by my son to ask if himself and their friends can come and visit Amber before she returns to Hogwarts?" Harry asked my parent's with a smile as he walked towards the door to leave. 

"Yes, I don't see why not, it'll be nice for Amber to see more people other than us." Mum gave him a smile. 

"As long as you tell your son to keep his hand's to himself Mr Potter, then there isn't a problem." Dad told him. 

"Dad!" I cried, covering my face with my hand's to hide my blush. 

"Of course Mr Chamberlin." Harry answered with a small laugh and a grin in my direction. 

"Thank you for your time Mr Potter and thank you for taking on Amber's case." Mum told him after kitting Dad's shoulder. 

"Of course Mrs Chamberlin, i'm sure my son would not have been happy if I didn't and the incident happened in my own home which I am definitely not happy about." Harry told us. 

"Well thank you." Dad told him. 

"No problem, I hope you're feeling better soon Amber, I will tell James that he can come and visit you along with your friends and get it passed by Professor McGonagall." Harry told us. 

"Thank you." I told him. He nodded once and then left. 

What had happened to me on New Years Eve? 

************************************************************************

New Chapter!

So who do we think this hooded figure that Kieran is working for is? Hmmmm....

Thank you for reading! 

Natalie:) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

568 18 7
When (y/n) (l/n) begins her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she thought nothing could dampen her spirits. And then, she mee...
452 0 25
Y/n Y/l/n was a student in her 6th year at Hogwarts school for Wizards n Witches. She was very feared by all but what happens when she runs into a ra...
7K 100 18
"For it is in the brightest moments that we find ourselves, and in the darkest that we are lost." ~A quote from me~ James Potter is the famous son of...
269K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...