Strangers to mates

Par AlecJae

Erin Farewell was an independent and stubborn werewolf, but she feared her seventeenth birthday. Her life was... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 5

6.4K 185 35
Par AlecJae

Authors note: the outfit above is what Erin wears during the date and the video is her favorite song, which she mentions later on.

Knowing

I spent forever in the shower, losing track of time till Sadie banged on the door. Reluctantly, I turned off the water and got out. I dried myself off quickly because I was so cold and came back out in my robe. Sadie was shuffling in my closet, probably looking for clothes for me.

"Why don't you own a single dress?" She asked still looking.

"Cause you own to many." I replied easily sitting down on the edge of my bed.

I swear it took her half an hour to pick something out, and I didn't even own enough clothes for it to take a normal person that long. I couldn't even find enough things to do on my phone to keep me from getting bored. When she finally emerged she handed me a pair of black skinny jeans, a white tank top that crossed in the back, and a jean jacket before driving back in my closet. I walked back into the bathroom and changed. When I came back out she handed me a black purse that hung by my hip and nude colored flats.

I tried to convince her to let me wear my converses but she wouldn't budge. She brought me back into the bathroom where she dried and curled my hair. Well it wasn't super curly more wavy, but she used the curling iron so. She applied a little blush and handed me a peachy lip gloss, at my request since I didn't want to even wear make up in the first place.

Finally after forever she let me leave the bathroom. I was shocked that when I looked at the clock I only had thirty minutes till Raymond should arrive. Sometimes I wondered why that girl took so long to do something, she was suppose to be faster than a normal person not slower. We walked downstairs together and I found a note from my mum, 'Went out to bring dad dinner, be back in an hour, love mum.' I quickly flip over the page and left her my own note so that she doesn't worry when I'm not here.

Sadie and I talked for a while. Walking over to the fridge, I grab a bottle of water drinking half of it before there was a knock at the door. Sadie gave me a thumbs up grinning as I left the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and opened the door where Raymond stood dressed in dark jeans and a dark colored button up shirt, and damn he looked good. I blushed at my thoughts and slipped on my shoes, hiding my face.

"Hi, uh, hi." I say once I've finished and stood up straight again.

"Hi. Are you ready?" he asked beaming.

"Ya, let's go" I say walking out of the house and shutting the door behind me.

He walks over to the passengers side with me and opens the door before getting in the drivers seat, and pulling out of the drive way.

"So, where are we going?" I ask a little spectacle.

"You'll see when we get there." he says mysteriously.

After not very long he parks and gets out, coming round to my side, taking my hand and helping me out. He intertwined our fingers and lead us to the front door. As we walked in I realized it was a really nice restaurant.

"Wow" I breathed out.

He smiled and asked the host to take us to the table he reserved. It was a booth in the back corner and was dimly lit. The host left us with menus and told us that our waiter would be out in a bit.

"It's really nice here" I commented looking around.

He hummed in response, "I thought it seemed a bit more private for us to be able to talk.

I nodded my head taking a drink of the water already set out on the table. And just like the host said a waitress walked up to our table and introduced herself as Sarah and asked for our order. She fluttered her eyes at Raymond and continued to flirt; I had to suppress the growl my wolf wanted to let out. I could feel anger bubbling up in me and knew it was because of the whole mate think but I couldn't stop feeling it. I glared at her but she continued non the less.

I could tell that Raymond wasn't very happy about it either, he looked a little, disturbed. But I could tell that he was almost used to it, like girls threw themselves at him all the time, and I didn't like it. Raymond finally cleared his throat and asked,

"Um can I have a coke with a burger and fries, please" He asked trying to sound polite but his face looked strained.

Probably because of how close she was standing to him, practically leaning all the way over the table just to get close to him. I hated it.

"Sure thing darling" she said writing it then turned to me with a disgusted look, like I was the enemy.

"I'll have the same" I said scrunching up my nose and ginning like I do when people bother me.

She scoffed before writing it down then winked at Raymond and left. I growled quietly, not being able to keep it in any longer. God, I hated girls like her.

"Jealous?" Raymond asked with a happy smile.

"You wish" I mumble taking another sip from my water.

"So tell me about yourself." he said turning to face me better and taking my one hand in both of his, resting them in his lap.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself first." I countered, not bothering to pull away.

"Nah, I'm sure your much more interesting than me." he excused still smiling.

"Probably not but fine. I've lived in the same house my entire life with only Sadie and Chris for friends. I'm an only child like them which is why we're all kinda like brothers and sisters to each other, well except Sadie and Chris who are mates so there in love and what not. To be honest they were in love long before they found out they were mates" I started and Raymond gave me a weird look. "Sorry, off topic. Anyways, ya it's always just been me and my parents in that house, neither of my parents had siblings so I don't have any aunt or uncles or cousins. Then my last living grandparents passed last spring and there's not really much else to say." I finished shrugging.

"Okay that's your life story but I still don't know anything about who you are." he said after a breath.

"How about you tell me your life story then I'll treat you to a game of 20 questions. Ya?" I suggest since I literately knew nothing about him and I didn't like it.

"Alright, it's simple. I grew up training to become the next alpha, my parents were always telling me what's right and what's wrong. How to do this and how not to do that. It was kinda strict but I didn't mind it much. James has been my only real close friend except for Xavier and Marc but I haven't seen them  as much the past year. I had a younger sister but she was still born so I never really got to know her as much as I wanted to." My eyes softened as he spoke about his sister. I felt really bad. He had had a sister but he lost her before he could get to know her. "My parents never had any other children after that cause they didn't want to go through that kind of pain again. Overall life's been fairly good, well as good as it can be with my father breathing down my neck, for him life is a series of black and white no gray. The only thing I really agree with him on was the mate thing. That the only person you should ever be with is your mate, that they're the only one that should get your attention. I have always loved the idea of having that one person that's perfect for you, that if you just wait you don't have to go through endless fights or be with someone when it's pointless. It probably makes me sound super cheesy but it's why I've never had a girlfriend, why I've rejected every girl to throw themselves at me."

I found myself smiling as he finished. So maybe that did kind of really change the way I looked at him but I wasn't gonna let him off the hook so easily.

"That was cheesy" I agree nodding my head but grinning.

I watched as his cheeks reddened and he looked down.

"But it was cute" I admitted softly.

He looked back up at me, cheeks still pink, but smiled lovingly. I felt my cheeks heat up too and I turned away not understanding why. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. I played with the napkin on my lap when the waiter came back with our drinks, setting them down in front of us. Seeing that we had moved closer together she didn't say anything but I could feel her glaring at me as she went back to get our food. When she came back she had new found determination in her eyes, which made me roll mine.

"Your food." she said smirking.

"Oh please." I mumbled to quiet for her to hear, but I knew Raymond had when he laughed lightly.

"Thanks that'll be all." Raymond said, signaling her to leave, but she lingered for a moment.

"Are you sure about that darling. Nothing else I can do for you." She asked with fake innocence.

"Ya, we're sure" I say as kindly as I can manage.

This girl was really started to annoy me and I just wanted her to leave so I could eat my food. Reluctantly, she left, heading back into the kitchen.

"Finally" I said, happy that she left and that I get to eat now.

I picked up my burger, taking a massive bite. Sadie hadn't let me eat anything since 1:00 and I was starving. I heard Raymond chuckle again before digging into his own food. Half way through the meal Raymond spoke up,

"So do you want to start or me?"

I raised my eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"You promised me a game of 20 questions." he answered my unasked question.

"Alright but I get to ask first." I said, still eating my fries having finished my burger.

"Go head." he said invitingly.

I tape my chin thing before my face lit up, "What's your favorite color?"

"Really?" He asked, probably because it was the simplest thing ever, but I nodded my head.

"Red. Yours?"

"Orange. But not just any orange, like that light orange color you see when the sun sets."

He nods his head once then asks, "Favorite day of the week?"

"Um, Friday. You?" I say looking down, knowing how it sounds like such a cliché.

"Good choice. Saturday" he says.

And we continued like that for another hour. I learned that he's a night owl, like me, he'd live in Australia if he could, he hasn't seen a movie in five months. Fall is his favorite season, where mine is spring. He moved out a year ago, he's parents supported him when he decided to, they thought it was a great way for the future alpha to learn about responsibility. His favorite subject in school was history, if he could go back in time he'd go to the 18th century like me. I asked him if he could live forever what would he do, and he said spend his time with me, making me blush of course. He wants to be remembered as a good man who always does the right thing, if he could learn any language, dead or not, he's learn Russian, much to my surprise.

I told him I'd live in Greece if I could, my favorite subject is math, which he didn't understand, and English. He said he didn't think that anyone liked math, to which I playfully glared at him. I didn't know what I wanted to if I could live forever, I'd learn Latin because it was the root of most languages. My favorite song was 'Battle scars by Guy Sebastian', when he told me he didn't have a favorite and I playfully judged him about it. I told him that I also wanted to be remembered as someone who did the right thing, and was just to everyone. I live by the words 'To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.'

I hadn't realized how late it'd gotten until our waiter came back asking if we'd like our check, to which Raymond said yes. I had to admit that I was having lots of fun just talking with him, it kinda scared me that I was letting myself get so close to him so quickly but I didn't think much of it right now. I decided that I'd just enjoy myself for now, there was no point not to. When Sarah came back she handed the check to Raymond. He gave her the exact cash to pay for our food then ripped up the receipt after she left.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked as he took my hand again and we walked out of the restaurant.

"It's nothing" he mumbled, sounding a bit irritated.

I suddenly stopped, stopping him with me, "Tell me"

He sighed, "She just wrote her number on it, I didn't need it so I got rid of it."

I held in another growl and we continued walking towards the truck.

"It's fine. I don't care anyways" I mumble as he helped me in my side but didn't leave.

"What if I want you to care" he said standing in between my legs, turning me towards him.

"What if I do but don't want to say it out loud" I whisper looking up but avoiding eye contact.

Next thing I know he's cupping the side of my face making me look him in the eye. He leaned in and gently kissed me. I found myself kissing back, but pulled away before it could get any deeper. My wolf whined in my head but I blocked her out. He rubbed his nose against mine and whispered,

"C'mon, I'll take you home now" I nodded and he shut the door.

He got in and drove us back to my house. The whole ride I couldn't stop thinking about how gentle and loving his touch was and I automatically loved it. He parked then walked me to my front door like they do in all the cheesy romance movies. He took both my hands in his and said,

"I had fun tonight"

"I did too" I said smiling up at him.

He put on look of mock shock and said "I got her to enjoy my company. Wow, I must be better at working miracles than I thought."

"Oh don't get to full of yourself." I said pushing the hair out of his eyes, bringing my hand back down like it was the most normal thing ever.

And I guess it was, we were mates, so it wasn't that weird but I still think I surprised him a bit. Okay so maybe I might've mislead him into thinking I hated him, but I didn't, he just knew how to get on my nerves when he wanted to.

"Are you going home tomorrow?" I asked sadly, remembering that it's Sunday.

"I convinced my parents to let me stay a few more days but I have to go back Friday. I was hoping you'd come back with me." He says, the desire for me to say yes clear in his eyes.

"I have to talk to my parents. I still haven't told them that I found you." I reply honestly.

"Alright, but will you tell them tomorrow?"

"I can." I said, but felt a little nervous. "But I should get to bed right now."

"Can I come with you?" He asks smirking.

"No." I answer crossing my arms stubbornly.

"Oh but you didn't say no last night." he says trying to get me to say yes.

"I was half asleep and drunk." I excused.

"Oh c'mon, please." He asked giving me puppy dog eyes.

I had to admit that he was really good at that, and I would have to practice saying no. But right now I couldn't refuse that face, especially when he was distracting me by running his hands up and down my arms.

"Fine." I say exasperated, "but you have to be quieter than a mouse. I do not want to get caught, you hear me?"

"Yes ma'am" he said a little to eagerly.

I shook my head smiling too and quietly pulled him up the stairs. I let go of his hand to shut my door. I sighed in relief when we accomplished our goal and I walked over to my closet preparing to change.

"Um, could you, uh look away" I say shyly.

"Why? You are my mate, you should be able to change in front of me without being weary." He said walking up to me.

I knew it was true. Your mate was the one person you didn't have to hide anything from and the one person you didn't have to be shy about anything with, but it isn't change the fact that I still felt weird changing in front of him.

"Turn around buddy." I say not changing my mind, but he obediently walked over closer to my bed and turned around. "No peeking." I add before pulling off my jacket and top.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught him looking at me and probably would have shrieked if I hadn't remember that we needed to be quite. I wrapped my arms around me trying to cover up a bit and hissed at him,

"What are you doing?"

"Not much. Here." he unbuttoned his shirt, and came over helping me put my arms in it.

I didn't protest as he did the buttons up but did notice that even on my fairly tall body it was still huge on me. When he finished I slapped his arm.

"Ow. What was that for?" He asked

"I told you not to look dumbass." I said annoyed again.

He chuckled turning back around again walking towards my bed. I kicked off my pants and bra before crawling into bed. I turned away when I saw him taking off his own jeans.

"Do you always sleep like that?" I questioned as he got into bed beside me.

"What in my boxers? Ya." he answered wrapping his arm around my waist.

I rolled my eyes even though I knew he couldn't see me but then said hesitatingly,

"Goodnight, Ray."

I could feel his shock through the mate bond but he replied without showing it,

"Goodnight sweetheart."

And with that we both fell into the darkness called sleep.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

593K 13.6K 52
Meet Liam Being an Alpha he has waited for his mate for a very long time and on top of that he is a CEO of Eirmon company and he has lost all his...
Alpha Liam Par Dani

Roman d'amour

72.7K 2.5K 21
Erin had spent her entire life surrounded by family and friends. They would all come together every week and have their weekly family picnic. There h...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
459K 16.6K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...