Destiny

By XxDemigodsxX

Many of us have been longing for an adventure that we want to remember all our lives. We look and look where... More

Introductions, Victories and Kidnapping
Nighmares, Fears and Determination
True identities, Discoveries and Powers

Lies, Strangers and The Son of Death

28 8 12
By XxDemigodsxX

Chapter 3

Gabe

"What? What is it Gabe? Is something wrong?" Arryn worriedly asks, the panic in her eyes returning. I could've kicked myself for saying such a stupid thing, but I can't keep it a secret forever. Why are you making her more worried than she already is? I scolded angrily at myself.

"I-it's-uhhh..." I stammered. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Just tell her already before its to late! "You're not making any sense Gabe, come on spit it out" she commanded. But I can't because I'm scared it might be real Ryn, I thought. "It's that I think we should go see Jack so you wouldn't have to worry about him" I lied.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe just lied to my best friend. What if came true. What if it came true and I panicked inside. I don't what it to happen. I don't want it to happen

I forced a smile while she bore into my eyes looking for some detection of a lie. For what seemed like an eternity, she grinned and said "Sure! Let's go, it'll be fun with the three of us". She jumped up and slapped her face, "There all better!".

As we headed out, I silently wished that everything's going to fine. I wished that Arryn's nightmare was just a joke. I wished that this bad feeling would go away.

I wished that MY nightmares wasn't real.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

--0--

Outside I felt the sun beating us down. "Wow it's sooooo hot" I said groaning. The heat made my t-shirt stick to my back and my head beading with sweat. Arryn rolled her eyes in defeat. "No not a bit warm out side" she said sarcastically. "And that's just gross sticky substance pouring out of your body". Now it's time for me to roll my eyes, "Whatever" I replied and stuck my tongue out at her. "Shut up" she said as she punched my arm playfully. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

That smile.

I always wanna see that smile.

"What are you looking at? Is there something on my face Gabe?" she asked. I felt my face go hot, "N-n-no you d-don't" I stammered finding words to explain why I looked at her. "It's nothing" I said as I regained my composure.

We came upon a corner and stopped to rest for a little while. "When I see Jack I'll give him a beating like he's never had before. Making me go all the way to his house just to see him" Arryn pouted like a little girl. "I don't think he'll appreciate that Arryn" I replied with a smile. Well at least she's back to normal now. I hope I won't be seeing her negative side in awhile.

I hope that Jacks at his house. He's at home reading or playing his flute or the piano. He'll be watching his younger brothers while his mom go out to work. He'll be at his house and not at some old warehouse. With monsters. In chains. And crying for help. Yes there are no monsters. No monsters.

We started walking again and passed around a soccer ball that we took from my house a few times before we realized that there were three people behind us. They were wearing hoods and hats to keep their faces unseen and long sleeve shirts with long pants. I would have been baked and sweating my body off if I wore those, but they didn't seem to mind. Though I think that's pretty weird wearing those at summer. My instincts told me to hide, but they seem normal.

No they're not, my body said.

"Let's slow down" I said and we slowed for them so they could pass us, but they seem to slow down too. That bad feeling that I couldn't shake off is tingling now. I looked back again and more observant this time. They raised their head up and I felt a chill down my spine.

They or whatever they is only have one eye.

RUN, my instincts told me.

"Ryn, run!" I shouted and we started sprinting. "What and why are we running?" she exclaimed running beside me. "Trust me!" I replied and she nodded. She trusted me and she knows that something's wrong too. I can see it in her stormy gray eyes.

Even though we had a running start those three people or whatever they are, are quick. They covered a lot of ground so fast and they seem to grew in size. "Come back here half-bloods! We want to eat you!" they screamed crazily.

Half-bloods? What does that mean? And I don't want to know and I especially don't want to get eaten.

My legs are burning and getting tired. I could see that Arryn's having a difficult time too. And they seem to know that we're growing tired because they picked up the pace. Pretty soon they'll catch us and eat us or do whatever they want to do to innocent kids.

We turned to another corner and ran with all our might, but that didn't seem to work. Then our lie luck seem to worsen. Because were stuck in a dead end.

We're trapped.

We heard foot steps and saw them in front of us. The biggest one in the middle snarled menacingly "You can run, but you can't hide demigods".

Demigods? I suddenly felt nauseous. Why do they keep calling us these words? Demigods? Half bloods? They don't ring any bell to me!

"Go away! You whatever you are!" Arryn angrily yelled. I can see her trying not to break down and whimper. That got me mad and my head cleared a little bit. I stepped in front of her protectingly. I am her bodyguard, I said to myself. No one hurts MY Ryn.

"This will be quick and p-". Then a sword. A black sword protruded out of his chest and he disintegrated and turned to dust.

"Yes, painless you monster" said a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Mark with Alexis behind him. "You will pay for that son of Hades!" hissed the other two, now backing up.

Alexis turned to us and gently said, "It's okay, you two will be okay. We'll take care of it." She took out a bronze dagger and took a stance. Mark took his blade forward and got ready.

The monsters snarled at us and lunged.

--0--

Jack

How long has it been. Since I've been taken here. Since I've seen light.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud growl. "You're friends have been spotted and now they'll be taken here like you to be eaten." the trench coat man laughed.

"I may be trapped in here, but I'm not scared of you nor death you monster." I said without emotion. I learned quickly that if you showed no interest in these monsters that they'll leave you alone.

"You might not looked scared, but I know that you're losing your wits boy" he laughed again in his own joke. I replied determinedly,"Yes, I am and that doesn't mean anything. I will get out of this prison that you put me on and I will kill you. I will kill every single one of you monsters."

Jack didn't know that his hair shined gold and his eyes burned the color of the sun for a minute. His skin warmed up and his presence became powerful.

The monster took a step back. A huge mistake. "So you get scared too", I said in triumph. The monster snarled and punched me in the gut. The pain felt unbearable, but I couldn't give him that satisfaction. "Pissed you off?" I laughed, the pain still vibrating through my entire body.

The monster left saying "Laugh while you can demigod, because it will be your last."

Upon leaving the monster thought, he's a powerful half-blood. I haven't felt a demigod presence's this powerful in a while. He must be a special one. Better kill him quickly before he realized his true strengths.

Jack was left again to himself. In the darkness he found silence, but he can't shake the feeling of loneliness. Then the inevitable tears came flooding out of his eyes and he sobbed uncontrollably. The realization of it broke him.

"I'm scared" I said quietly to myself.

Then in the emptiness of his heart a fire broke. The fire burned inside him and lit up powerfully. He stopped crying. Crying won't do any good, Jack though.

Now he was filled with ranged. Filled with anger. And the only thing in his mind was revenge. Revenge. He chuckled cruelly and his vision burned gold.

Revenge.

--0--

Somewhere at Long Island

"Where. Is. My. Brother." commanded the black haired kid. You can clearly see the annoyance in his pale face as he asked this question. The young man is wearing a black shirt with jeans on. In his side his Stygian sword hung at his back.

"Calm down, Nico" replied the tanned green eyed boy who stood at his side. "He just didn't report for one day, so what, nothing's happened", he said gently.

"What if it's Tyson? Huh, Percy" he challenged. Percy was about to answer, but though the better of it. Nico changed a lot when Mark came to camp and was claimed to be a son of Hades. He's been more protective and paranoid when he took a mission that year before. He made Mark update him about every five seconds and its been driving him nuts that he hasn't checked on him for two days now.

"I know how you feel Nico, but come on he trained for this and he wanted the mission badly to prove himself". Trying to reason with Nico is like trying to reason to death. Well, he kinda is since he's a child of the god death.

He took a deep breath and said "I'm going after him".

"Wait? what!" I said shocked and surprised. "I'm going after him. I feel like something's wrong". "I know he's you're lil bro, but still..." I stammered, but I know he's made up his mind and is going to go after him. "You know he kinda reminds me of you when you we first met" I said.

He sighed. "That's what I'm worried about." Nico quietly murmured to himself, "So are you coming or not?" Now annoyed.

"Well, we'll probably get into huge trouble if I go with this and Annabeth's probably going to kill me if I go..." I said pondering what I should do. He looked at me with a "why am I friends with this idiot and why am I asking him for held" kinda look. I grinned excitedly and said "Road trip! And I am a troubled kid after all".

Nico whistled and Mrs. O'leary our pet hell hound came bounding through the camp "Hey girl, we need you're help finding Mark" he said gently. He can talk nicely to a hell hound, but he can't talk to me nicely? I asked my self. "Let's go" he said with finality and I got on.

I started to see darkness and the feeling of shadow traveling came up on me unexpectedly.

--0--

Alexis

"We will kill all of you half-bloods" one of them said. "Us cyclops like to destroy puny demigods for breakfast" they said hungrily. They stared to go forward but Mark was faster. He struck his sword into the ground and called out, "Come and serve me! Attack these monsters in my command". As if on cue three skeletal warriors with swords came up and rose out of the ground and is now attacking the monsters.

"Alexis, stay back and protect them" he commanded. I nodded and went behind him with my dagger ready for any incoming attack.

"Watch out!", a yell came from behind and saw a soccer ball shot straight through the air like a rocket and hit one of the Laistrygonians square in the face. I looked and saw Arryn with a satisfying grin. You never cease to amaze me Arryn, I thought. If she didn't hit that monster Mark would have been monster food.

"Thanks!", said Mark with surprise and awe. The monster made a grab for him and he rolled out of the way stabbing him in the back, disintegrating him into monster dust.

The other cyclops destroyed the skull men and threw aside Mark like a rag doll. "No!" I exclaimed and the three of us started forward to him only to be squashed aside like mosquitos. I fell to the ground and felt my head throbbing.

Then I saw Mark standing, looking enrage. "You don't do that to my friends!" He yelled at the monster. The monster just laughed and pushed him to the ground. "Weak little mortals, I will have fun chewing on you're flesh". Then it came.

A loud earthquake suddenly came up unexpectedly and saw that the monster is now between cracks in the ground with Mark in front of him standing. His eyes filled without mercy or pity for the monster. His eyes that reflect the underworld and death itself. His eyes judging the just and the evil doers. Now the monster is filled with fear. And the bad thing is I almost felt sorry for him. I felt the presence of death itself trying to escape from the underworld and into the world of the living.

"Have fun in Tartarus you monster", Mark said with finality and without any emotion. The ground swallowed up the monster and closed back up. Mark looked exhausted and beat up now compared earlier. He started falling down, but I caught him just in time.

"Thanks" he said graciously. "No I should be the one who should be thankful, you did all the work and the beating" I replied in a matter of fact tone. He laughed and grimaced in pain and touched his side. "Broken ribs" and I merely nodded. I set him down and found Gabe and Arryn, mouth agape with their mouths forming an O and staring at us like we just met.

I looked at them and said "I have to tell you something". Mark brushed me aside gently and rushed to the ending.

"You two are powerful demigods and Jack's in trouble and we need to find him."

Hi! This is the revised edit of chapter 3! The 3 kids are now learning there real identities so stay tuned!! Tell me what you you guys think in the comments sections and please vote!! Thank you guys so much! HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!! 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 303 19
It's my first time writing an Story so please bear with me. Anyways...... Story: Future Caelus, lost everyone. His friends, family and Comrades...
165K 5.2K 34
"do i look like i give a shit if he's poseidons son?" water from the fountain splashed into her face, dripping from the dark ends of her hair "the f...
71.5K 2.2K 24
this is going to be based off the books currently under editing!! any suggestions please do tell me please enjoy β˜†
252K 3.6K 92
ဖထေကနေ α€žα€¬α€Έα€€α€­α€―α€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€α€²α€· α€‡α€¬α€α€Ία€œα€™α€Ία€Έα€žα€¬α€–α€Όα€…α€Ία€•α€«α€α€šα€Ί ဖေထက α€žα€¬α€Έα€€α€­α€―α€žα€Όα€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€α€²α€· α€‡α€¬α€α€Ήα€œα€™α€Ήα€Έα€žα€¬α€»α€–α€…α€Ήα€•α€«α€α€šα€Ή