Anchor {h.s}

By K_arry

She was the anchor that kept him steady above the water. He was the anchor that made her sink. A story filled... More

prologue.
one
two
three **
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen **
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two **
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight **
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-six
thirty-seven
Q&A
book 2

thirty-five

16.3K 778 167
By K_arry

The first thing I saw was Harry, leaned in over the counter. My reflex was to quickly put my back against the wall so that he or Wendy wouldn't see me. Then I heard whispers, small incomprehensible words that I tried as hard as I could to decipher. Questions ran in my mind, all of them revolving around the fact that they were actually exchanging words, and not throwing knives. Curiosity got the best of me, so I leaned in as close as I could without getting caught, and listened.

"Look, I understand your point," I heard Harry say lowly. "But you have to believe me when I say that Emily means the world to me and that this is real. I'm done hurting her and I'm done playing her." I took in a sharp breath and my hand flew to my mouth to silence the sound.

"You've said that plenty of times before," Wendy replied through clenched teeth. "And yet I've heard her cry in her room more times than I can count. This is bullshit Harry, let her go for good, stop hurting her."

Jolts of pain ran through my veins. I hoped, with every fibber in my body, that he wasn't listening to her, that he didn't consider for a second doing what she was instructing, because there wasn't anything that I wanted less than that. I hadn't gone through all the shit we'd had, only to have him walk out on me because Wendy thought it would be best for me.

It still dazzled me that she still wouldn't support me in this. She knew how strong my feelings for Harry were, she knew that I needed him as much as he needed me, because although I had cried over him way too many times, never had I regretted to good moments. In fact, I valued them more than the bad ones, and that was something I had told her times and times again.

No matter how much Harry had hurt me in the past, when I decided to finally give him a chance, I also decided to leave it all behind us. I didn't want to have the bad memories dangling over us, I wanted us to get over it all and move on to better things. Obviously, I knew that there were things that still needed to be discussed, but I wouldn't let that stop us from moving forward.

I wanted to intervene; I wanted to scold Wendy for suggesting leaving me to Harry, because it angered me to hear her say those things behind my back, when she thought I couldn't hear. But before I could say anything, Harry did.

"Are you crazy?" His voice came out a little louder than before, clearly displaying that he was pissed as well. "After all these years of denying what I felt for her, after everything we've been through together, she still decided to give me a chance. No way that I'm going to waste that, on the sole basis that you think I should."

I closed my eyes, the anger and betrayal I felt toward Wendy slowly being replaced with love and admiration for the beautiful broken boy. Hearing him expressing his feelings out loud, feelings that he had indirectly said to me before sent a wave of relief through me. It was reassuring that he was defending us, because it meant that he wanted it enough to fight Wendy on this. He believed in us enough to hold on.

"Emily values your opinion, and we're already fighting against too many elements right now, I don't want to have to fight with you too," his tone was much softer now, almost pleading for her to agree with him. "I get that you want to protect her, but I need you to believe that I'm in this for real. I won't hurt her the way I have ever again. I will fuck up, she will get angry at me, but at the end of the day I will have tried my hardest to make it work and Em will know that and we'll work through everything together."

It was so hard to hold in the tears that wanted to fall from my eyes. I couldn't believe what he was saying. For once I didn't want to cry because he had hurt me, but because he was being so sweet. Saying words that sounded so foreign coming from him but at the same time, they sounded just right. This was exactly the kind of gesture I needed from him to believe all these words he had said to me, all these promises he had made.

"You don't need to protect her anymore, Wendy. I've learned my lesson and now I'll be the one protecting her," he added and even if I couldn't see Wendy's face, I knew he had her approval by now. When Harry really wanted something, he had his way to obtain it.

I heard her sigh loudly, as if she already regretted the words she was about to say. "I swear to god, if you break her heart one more time, I will make you regret it for the rest of your fucking life."

I bit my lower lip, surprised by Wendy's words. She wasn't one to curse and she wasn't one to make threats, but I had no doubt that she was being more than serious when she said that.

Seconds later, I entered the kitchen, thinking that it was best to stop this conversation now. Both their heads turned in my direction and I put on a smile so that they wouldn't know I had heard everything. Wendy still looked irritated, part of her previous anger lingering on her face. As for Harry, I was surprised to see a hint of fear in his eyes. Showing that apparently, Wendy's threat hadn't gone unheard.

"Hey," I said to break the awkward atmosphere that was starting to form around us. "What were you guys talking about?" I then asked innocently.

"Nothing," they both said in unison and I stiffened a laugh. If I hadn't heard their conversation, that answer would've given them away.

I hummed, pretending to let it go, and went to sit back next to Harry. His arm immediately circled my hip as a warm kiss was pressed on my temple. I looked up, meeting Harry's beautiful green eyes as he smiled softly at me. I smiled back before grabbing my cup on the counter and taking a sip of my now almost-cold coffee.

A loud sigh came out Wendy's mouth before she left without a word, shooting a warning glance at Harry that I pretended not to see, then she went in her room. As soon as she was out of our sight, Harry leaned in to get closer to me and his hand squeezed my hip. He then traced a lazy pattern on my skin, caressing it while his other one was wrapped around his mug. His cup was empty by now but he patiently waited for me to finish mine. With his body oriented towards me, he watched me as I slowly drank the remaining of my coffee.

The situation was weird. Actually, it was mostly uncommon. Sitting in my kitchen, the both of us with smiles up to our ears, especially Harry. The way he looked at me, it made me feel like I was the most precious thing in the world. And as much as I loved it, it also intimidated me.

"Stop looking at me like that," I told him, my cheeks growing redder by the second.

He chuckled and tilted his head to the side inquisitively. "Looking at you like what?" He asked with a side smile, saying that he knew exactly what I meant.

I put down my mug on the counter and turned so that I would face him completely. "Like this," I said as I pointed to his face.

His smile grew and so did mine. It was hard not to when his words from earlier still echoed in my mind. It was so unusual for him to be so touchy in any other context than sex; leaving kisses on my temples, looking at me with dreamy eyes and a whipped smile. It was obvious that he saw his conversation with Wendy as a win, even if she had threatened him at the end, he considered it as a big step for the two of us, and that this impression was being reflected in his gestures; it soften his hard exterior and weakened his walls.

It was a Harry that I didn't know too well, one I had met only a few times, but that I couldn't wait to know more about.

"Are you done with your coffee?" He asked, his head tilted to the side and a lopsided grin up on his face.

I took my last sip and put my mug down on the counter. "Now I am," I said mirroring his cheerful expression.

"Good," he replied before swiftly taking my mug and his.

He got up from his seat and headed to the sink where he rinsed the cups before putting them in the dishwasher. I watched him in the process, admiring just how handsome he was; his long messy hair framing his face, his broad shoulders, and the way he carried himself. He reflected confidence, like he always did, but this time, there was also a hint of joviality that wasn't there before.

When he turned around, his smile had turned into a smirk and his eyes held the mischief I loved so much. He walked back towards me lazily, faking carelessness; his arms swaying with every step he took. He looked ready to pounce on his prey, and I was paralyzed under his stare.

I was a prey that had no intention to run, if it meant being away from the hunter. I was in too deep and by now, it was obvious that nothing could make me leave. Because even if I felt like a prey, now I wasn't just the most precious thing in the world, I was a precious thing that he wanted more than anything. His to take care of, his to protect, his to love, and as long as he didn't point his gun at me, I was completely fine with it.

.
.
.

Hopefully that made sense haha What did you guys think ? Surprised that Harry and Wendy weren't fücking ? lololol 95% of you assumed they were... come on guyzzz have a little faith ;)

I separated the chapter in 2, which means that there are two chapters left ! Before I take a small pause and plan part 2 :) I have a name in mind for it but saying it so soon would spoil it, anyone wants to take a guess ? 

Anyway did you like the chapter ? If you did, please vote and comment ! :)

Question : Who's going (or has gone) to OTRA ? Comment your city and your date, I'm curious ! (I'm going to the Sept 5th concert in Montreal !)

OH ! By the way, thank you for all your votes and reads (60k !!!!!) and follow (930!!!). Should I do something when I reach 1000 followers? I don't know, I want to interact more with you guys! Kik? I don't knoooow, I'm just rambling now, but if you have ideas, or want to talk with my hit me up ! :D)

That's all for today, hope you have a wonderful week ! 

Love you loads,
Karry xx. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157 9 12
The only thing she feels when she sees him is knots. ••• WARNING: This story may contain alcohol and explicit language. Trigger warning! All right...
101 0 11
He was her captive, she was a pirate. The infatuation with him was instant; but the heart is no good when it can't love. She wanted control, he yearn...
19.3K 1K 30
❝And it was like fire; his touch. But he left. Then came back. I'm confused, are we a forever? And the truth hurts; but am I brave enough to do this...
1.3K 64 24
SHE SAW BENEATH HIS ACT AND HE HELPED HER BE WHO SHE WANTED, PUTTING ASIDE WHO SHE WAS UNDERNEATH. LIFE IS LIKE THE OCEAN. IT MAY BRING YOU LOST THIN...