Huntress or Wolf

By ashh__bashh

"I'm going to teach you to obey your Alpha you little mutt." This made my blood boil and I could feel my wolf... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Mama Bear's Mission
Chapter 2: Mission in Action
Chapter 3: Panic
Chapter 4: Camping
Chapter 5: Greetings
Chapter 6: Into the Pack
Chapter 8: Poisonous
Chapter 9: Only Dreaming
Chapter 10: There's a War Outside
Chapter 11: The War Keeps Raging On
Chapter 12: Captured
Chapter 13: So What Happens Next?
Chapter 14: Hello?
Chapter 15: Dancing in the Moonlight
Chapter 16: Mission for Two
Chapter 17: Disaster leads to Fear
Chapter 18: Running the Pack
Chapter 19: Back with a Proposal
Chapter 20: Wedding Bells
Chapter 21: Being Luna
Chapter 22: Fully Mated?
Chapter 23: Liam
Chapter 24: Date and Mate
Chapter 25: I Love You
Chapter 26: He's Back
Chapter 27. Trickery
Chapter 28: Guilt
Epilogue

Chapter 7: Chemistry

49 1 1
By ashh__bashh

Evly's POV
When I woke up, there was a crowd of people leaning over just looking at me. The first face I recognize is Kelly's. I give her a confused look.

"We thought we heard you screaming about a fire. When we got here we just saw you struggling asleep."

"Oh. Sorry. Everything's alright! It was just one of my routine nightmares..."

"You're absolutely positively sure you're ok? You can talk to us, don't worry we're here to help." Katie sounded frantic as she spoke, compared to Kelly who seemed to be calm.

"I'm fine. There's nothing you need to worry about!"

This time, Liam spoke, "Evly, you can talk to them. You may have just met the pack but they're friendly! They will help you at any cost! Besides, you are Mason's..."

Katie elbows him in the ribs before he finishes his sentence.

"What Liam's trying to say is that we're all family here, we will treat you like family! So please just tell us, even if it's just for us to listen!"

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to let them in on it too since we're gonna be visiting for awhile.

"It's just this same nightmare that starts and ends the same way each time. I never knew who my real family was and I don't remember anything from my life with them. I was apparently rescued and raised by hunters. They never told me about my past. But I don't know what triggered it but I've been having nightmares about fire. And that's basically it. I'm used to having this nightmare although it freaks me out every single time. So thanks for your kindness but I'm ok!"

Everyone stood in silence before Kelly broke the silence.

"I think you should spend the rest of the day with me and Alpha Mason. It's just supposed to be him babysitting me today but he's so boring. He never wants to do any of the things I want either. And when he does it it's just not the same because he doesn't smile."

Me, Katie, and Liam let out a couple muffled laughs.

"Ok. If it means you'll have a good day then sure."

"Am I that bad of a babysitter."

Everyone turns to see Mason in the doorway. Kelly crosses her arms and pouts.

"Yes! You never play dress up with me and you don't know how to make princess hairstyles! Plus you always spill the tea on my guests!" This time everyone's laughing.

They all leave soon enough and I dress in jeans and a blouse. After putting my hair up into a ponytail I walk over to meet Kelly and Mason. Before I get to the room, I hear Kelly shriek.

"Mason! You were supposed to watch it! Now we don't have any tea for Evly! You are terrible with tea dates! You're ruining my plans! Now Evly is going to show up any minute and we won't have tea for her!"

"Ok! I'm sorry! I was busy setting the table exactly how you want it! Can't we just give her chocolate!" I can just imagine Kelly doing a face palm. I decide to just wait outside the door for a little longer. "Chocolate!!! No! That's cliche! And it's not romantic! If you want to woo her then you have to do EXACTLY what I tell you! Ugh! And if you EVER get her chocolates make sure they're heart shaped so it's romantic!"

I let out a little laugh and then take a deep breath before knocking.

"Great. She's here. JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU!"

"Um. May I come in?"

I heard a couple crashes and ows before Kelly opens the door, dressed up in a little fairy costume. "Welcome! You may come in! We have a busy day today!"

Kelly was smiling from ear to ear. She pulls me in and a couple things got scattered on the floor. I see everything but Mason.

"Where's Alpha Mason?" It felt kinda weird calling him Alpha Mason.

"He's busy."

She glared at the closet door before returning to smiling and dragging me around.

"I'm afraid we had a tea problem so we don't have tea. So we are serving croissants with a drink of your choice!"

She sounded very proud of herself. She told me all about her preparations and her agenda for today when finally Mason came out. When he came out he was in a full on suit.

"Wow. Why so fancy!"

Mason grumbled before answering. "You can ask your little fairy here."

I just giggle at the situation.

"Stop complaining you look like a handsome prince so you'd better present yourself correctly to the princess if you ever want her to become your princess."

Mason immediately starts blushing at Kelly's extra comment. We sat and ate our croissants quietly and when we all finished, Mason was the first to stand up before immediately sitting back down when Kelly grumbles at him. Kelly finishes her juice box and then clears her throat as if sending a message to Mason.

"Mason you may leave now. Because now we have girl stuff to deal with. Change and then meet us in the garden. You know what you have to do!"

Mason grumbled then headed towards the door. My eyes were on him the whole way just admiring his looks. He seemed so miserable, but in a cute way, especially when he has that extra little growl when he grumbles. He catches me staring when he looked over one last time but we both quickly looked away, both blushing. Kelly just started to smile like she planned for something like this to happen. I am doomed...

"Ok so now onto girl stuff! We're gonna play dress up! I'm going to play the fairy and you're going to be the beautiful young princess and Alpha Mason is gonna be the dashing Prince!"

Oh dear.... This is going to be a loooong day and it definitely is not going to end well... After deciding on dresses and corsets, we finally had decided on the perfect dress. It was simple, elegant, and fit for a princess. I twirled for Kelly so she could make sure this was her final decision.

"Hmmmm..... We're missing something."

I sigh wondering what she's going to change next.

"Aha! I know the perfect thing! It's not a tiara but it's still a crown! It's flowery and has ribbons streaming down in the back! And it's perfect because all the ribbons are the same length as your hair!"

I look myself in the mirror and mouth a wow in amazement at my appearance. I almost didn't recognize myself because instead of looking like a hunter, I actually looked like a princess. We walked into the garden and I slowly came around the corner seeing Mason peacefully sitting against a tree while reading. His princely outfit showed off part of his chest, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I giggle as he's turning a page and struggling with the poofy sleeves. He hears me and I shyly hide behind the corner, now feeling unsure about this whole thing.

"Evly?"

Kelly stares at me, arms folded and foot tapping. I sigh and turn the corner facing Mason, almost running in to him. He's a lot closer then I thought he was. I could feel myself start to blush in embarrassment, knowing I already messed up.

"H-Hi Mason."

I mentally face palm myself for stuttering. He only smiles widely, making me feel like I could just melt into a puddle on the ground.

"You look beautiful."

"Same to you! I-I mean not beautiful but handsome, yes. Very handsome."

He has my back against the wall, his arm against the part of the wall next to me, trapping me in this position. I feel so awkward. And dumb. Mason only chuckles seeing my reaction. I could feel it too. I try to look anywhere but at him just wishing I wasn't in such an awkward position. All of a sudden, Charlotte's words come into my mind.

"It's only awkward if you make it awkward."

And right now, I was pretty sure I was making it awkward. I'm so not used to dealing with boys. As if reading my thoughts, Mason backs away, smiling while blushing. He gestures for me to walk with him and we begin walking on a path in the garden together.

"Kelly! Kelly? Oh Kelly thank goodness I found you! I-"

"Shhhhhh!!!!!"

Kelly points towards me and Mason and I feel so awkward as now Katie AND Kelly are watching us... Katie gives a thumbs up and Kelly stands there smiling evilly, making me glare at them in response. They so owe me.

By sunset we are back to where we were with Kelly. It felt like it was just me and Mason. And it felt nice. I didn't mind being alone with Mason. I liked his prescence. And glancing at his handsome, defined face. And- and what am I thinking! I need to get a hold of myself. I really hope Kelly's plan wasn't to get Mason into my head 24/7..... It's not exactly what I needed. But maybe it was. Did I even know what I, myself needed? Most likely not. So my decision is to let Mason get into my head! Plus, I don't even know if he's still planning on rejecting me! Mason stops at the tree he was reading at. He seems to smile like he's in a memory. He then looks at me, holding his handsome smile.

"What?"

"Oh just a memory. A good one too."

Now this puzzles me.

"I'm guessing you don't recognize this tree. Well it was dark after all."

At his last words I catch onto what he's talking about and I know I'm blushing. Why does he have to make me get swept away with his dang charm.

"It's where I fell."

"And where we kissed." He smiles even bigger at himself finishing my sentence.

"Where you kissed me." I respond plainly and awfully sour.

He seems to feel like there's something wrong because he starts to frown.

"Evly, you alright?"

"Huh, oh yeah I'm fine." I smile nervously. And mentally facepalm myself, again.

He starts smiling again knowing I feel stupid about my dumb responses.

"You know you're far from dumb. But let's not talk about what you're not. And what we're not."

I look up at him confused. Not my best decision considering I don't like looking most people in the eye. When I look him in the eye I can tell he's blushing too. This makes me smile for some reason. It makes me feel accomplished, knowing I do things to him.

"Um Evly. I should probably tell you something. I've been trying to put it off but I guess avoiding it doesn't really help. Actually scratch that. I- Nevermind."

I can tell he's holding back on something but it's also killing him on the inside. Great. He's going to reject me isn't he.

"Mason. You can just tell me."

"I-It's nothing don't worry about it."

Great. Just great. I sort of scowl unconsciously and I lean away from him, leaning on the tree.

"I trust you I do it's just. It's just-" he trails off again. "It's just probably something kind of awkward. I'll tell you tomorrow night, I promise. And that brings me to another thing I need to tell you."

I turn around to face him. He closes the little distance there is between us. He leans his head in close to mine and whispers in my ear.

"There's going to be a masquerade tomorrow night and I was wondering if you'd do me the honor of going with me."

Forgetting completely about my inability to dance and the idea I had about his idea of rejecting me, I nod my head excitedly. I felt so happy that he asked me and I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. My arms still wrapped around him I pull away slightly. Breaking the moment of silence, Mason almost whispers to me

"I hope I don't freak you out but I just can't resist."

And just like that, his lips met mine. All of a sudden we hear a camera go off and we quickly pull away and step a foot away from each other awkwardly.

"Oh come on now, you don't need to act like that! You guys were totally making out and all we did was just took a snap shot of the momentssss." Liam smiles with his emphasis on moments.

Katie was the next to talk, "Aww you guys are so cute together! I hope I get to catch another picture of a moment like this!"

Oh how awkward is this. And just to top it off, Charlotte and Amanda come out of the bushes where they were hiding. Kelly comes skipping and stops before us.

"Thank you for THE best day ever! Oh also, can me and Katie help you pick out your ball gown?"

Liam walks over to Mason, one hand holding the camera, the other on Mason's shoulder.

"Well done Alpha. You got the girl and a make out sesh in. Couldn't have done it better myself!"

We all go inside and Mason goes to his room to change and I head to the library to put Mason's book away for him. When we all meet in the dining room everyone is grinning from ear to ear. Me and Mason are standing next to each other, wondering the same thing.

"Sorry Alpha, once they heard the news they would stop at nothing to see the photo."

The people are booming with questions. "So you two kissed?" "How long did it last?"

And then I hear Amanda's voice pipe in. "Was there tongue action?" I facepalm myself not sure what Mason thinks. He looks stunned by everyone's questions. And then all of a sudden Liam asks a question that gets everyone talking.

"Can you give us a live performance of the kiss?"

Now everyone is asking for us to kiss in front of them.

Mason leans in to whisper something to me. "I think we might have to kiss in front of them... But if it makes you uncomfortable then we won't do it." 

KILL ME! I could tell he wanted to give his people what they wanted so why not. I take a deep breath then nod in approval to Mason. I am so dead. Everyone was dead silent, just watching and waiting for it to happen. And so we leaned in and put on a "show" for everyone. I do have to admit it was nice kissing each other though. We pulled away after a gentle kiss and everyone started cheering. But all the cheering stopped when a maid came running to us almost falling before she got to us.

"What's wrong?" Mason, being the Alpha takes charge.

"It's Kelly. She's asleep but she seems to be in some weird sleep and not her normal sleep. Her breathing sounds uneasy."

Mason nods and motions for Liam to come over.

"Liam, get doc and bring him to Kelly's room."

Something about this situation seemed fishy and it made me feel uneasy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.5K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
14.9K 221 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
936K 30.9K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...