And You became my Dawn

By lailamehtaab

Ahmed Wali, a man in his late twenties, the heir of Wali Brothers, a famous name in the constructions compani... More

Chapter #1
Chapter#2
Chapter# 3
Chapter# 4
Chapter# 5
Chapter# 6
Chapter# 7
Chapter# 8
Chapter# 9
Chapter# 10
Chapter#11
Chapter#12
Chapter#13
Chapter#14
Chapter#15
Chapter#16
Chapter#17
Chapter#18
Chapter# 19
Chapter#20
Chapter#21
Chapter#22
Chapter#23
Chapter#24
Chapter#25
Chapter#26
Chapter#27
Chapter#28
Chapter# 29
Chapter#30
Chapter#31
Chapter#32
Chapter#33
Chapter#34
Chapter#35
Author's Note
Chapter#37
Chapter#38
Chapter# 39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41 (Final Chapter)

Chapter#36

24.1K 1.4K 30
By lailamehtaab

Not edited!

Sandal's POV:

"I need your help." I said to Zohma and Muskan as we sit in Zohma's room. She came to her weekly visit to our home today.

"What sort of help Bhabi?" Asked Muskan.

"Listen I wanted to talk to him about treatment tomorrow and I have no idea how to start it."

"Don't worry, everything will work out on its own once you start talking." Zohma shrugged.

"But still ... it will be better to have some sort of plan, so things won't go out of hand," Muskan said tapping her index finger on her chin, " got it." She smiled meaningfully.

~*~

Dinner, check. Dressing, check. Auntie and Muskan are not at home, check. I double-check everything and start waiting for Ahmed's arrival. I looked at the clock, there was still some time. After praying Asar when I make my way back to the living room I found Ahmed sitting on the couch in front of the television with a water bottle in his hand. He did not even take off his shoes. I frowned, taking a glass from the kitchen I put it on the coffee table in front of him.

"Assalam o Alaikum."

"Huh?... oh. Wallaikum Assalam." He averted his gaze from television to answer me then focus back on it. I turn to the TV and my frown deepened.

Live Cricket match!

This means, more than ninety per cent of the Pakistani male population is out of order until the match is going on. I sighed and looked at him hopelessly.

"Suniye? At least change your clothes."

"Going." He said, with his focus on the match.

As an over ended he walked into the room and came out with his shirt on hand. Everything happened so fast that it felt like watching some supernatural show.

I made tea for us and sit beside him. Hoping he would notice something, but ...

Nope! Nothing ...

That man didn't care to ask where his mother and sister are...

~*~

Sitting beside the bed on the floor, I threw my head back looking at the stars of the planetarium. If only Shoaib were here, he would've told me about the match schedule and saved me from wasting my time and energy like this.

Yeah, it was a total waste, even at dinner, he didn't realize that I made all his favourite dishes. After dinner, I gave him his tea and came here. Sitting in the living room and feeling avoided by your husband was harder than sitting here alone and sulking.

My phone beeped and Zohma's msg popped up.

Z: 'Plan is working?'

I: 'No, your cricket-crazy brother is busy in match :/'

Z: 'What? What kind of woman are you? Can't even seduce your husband.'

I: 'Speaking of husband. Where is yours? He is not watching cricket?'

Z: '*sigh* yes he is.'

I: 'As expected. Anyways going to pray Isha. Talk to you later.'

I threw my phone on the bed, pray Isha and came back to my previous position. Did Papa do the same with Ami during matches? And she felt the same dejection and disappointment as me?

~*~

Ahmed's POV:

'Bhai, can I talk to Sandal? She is not picking her phone.'

'Okay, wait.'

"Sandal! Zohma wants to talk to you." I yelled, sitting on the couch.

No response ...

"Sandal!" I said louder.

Still no response ...

Maybe she is praying ...

'She must be praying Zohma. I'll tell her to call you back.' With that, I hung up.

Well, I wasn't being rude, it's just match is too excited. Almost an hour later the match ended. My eyes ran across the living room searching for Sandal but didn't find her. I came into the kitchen but she wasn't there either.

"Sandal?"

"Ji (yes)?" I heard her voice from our room.

Switching on the lights I walked into the room and found her sitting on the floor with her head on the bed. As soon she saw me approaching she wiped a tear from the corner of her eyes.

Was she crying???

"Hey, were you crying?" I sat on the bed near her.

"No, it was raining upon my eyes."

"What?"

"Nothing..." She closed her eyes.

After coming home, I took her full appearance right now. She was wearing a white net dress with her hair tied in a loose braid. She put on a light white Pearl pendant set.

Wow! ... wait, why she dressed up so nicely???... did we planned something for tonight? ??

"Why are you sitting here like this?" I didn't find the courage to ask her the reason for dressing up.

"None of your concern. You can go back and watch the match." She said without opening her eyes.

Oh!

"It's over."

"I see. So what do you want from me? Should I make another cup of tea for you?"

"Is that all a man wants from his wife?" A smile spread across my lips, as she still didn't open her eyes.

"Well certainly. A wife cannot get her husband's attention even if she dressed up nicely for him or made all his favourite dishes for dinner. But a cricket match can or nine o'clock news."

Yes, all dishes were my favourites...

"Are you mad at me?" I sat beside her on the floor and hold her hand.

"Oh no! Not at all. You can divorce me and marry your cricket or television, I won't mind."

"Okay yar! My mistake. I am sorry."

"You know Mr Ahmed Wali. You maybe be great in constructing business and made the best building and houses around but you lacking the main essence which can make 'your house' a home. Trust, sacrificing, sharing." She opened her eyes to look into mine.

Her voice was hurt and her eyes were demanding, which I am unable to give our relationship. She was about to get up but I held her hand tightly.

"What do you want?"

"You will never be able to give me what I want. So, let's just drop this topic here." She tried to free her hand from my grip.

"I promise. Whatever you ask I will give you if I could." Her face was blank as he stared at me for a long time before speaking.

"Can you start your treatment again?"

"Fine! If that's all you want." I sighed.

"That's not all that I want."

"Than what?"

"I'll tell you when the time comes. For now, I am going to have some tea. Would you like to join?"

"Sure." I leave her hand and she got up before me.

"Sandal, this dress looks beautiful on you."

"Thanks." She said with a meaningful smile, going out of the room.

"But why does it look so familiar?" I followed her to the kitchen.

"This dress was the first thing you bought for me."

First thing ...

"No way! This dress? But I remember throwing it out of the window. Where did you find it?"

"Well... I have my sources." She threw my words at me.

"You know. You're quite smart for a housewife."

"Why thank you, Mr. Husband." She smiled triumphantly and turns to the stove.

~*~

The annoying alarm causes me to open my eyes, but my annoyance vanished when my eyes landed on the body snuggling to me. So close and so relaxed. If she was awake and saw me this close, she really would have freaked out. Our relationship was getting better with time, but not as better as I want.

"Hey, sleeping beauty. Wake up." I said shifting her whole body from bed to mine.

"Let me sleep please and my new bed is not comfortable, I am going back." She mumbled in half-sleep.

Nope!

I quickly roll over and now she was beneath me and I am on top of her. Her eyes shot open when she realized the change of position of our bodies.

"Here, I gave you the old bed you liked and I am taking the new one I like." I smirked and lay upon her, careful not to put so much weight on her. Her heartbeats fastened. I can feel it and she puts her hands on my shoulder trying to make the distance between us.

"A-Ahmed." She was breathless and it satisfies me. It always does, whenever I am close to her, her flushed face, her stuttering voice, and her nervous body language always satisfied me, that she also acknowledged me as her intimating partner, as I do. But on the other hand, it makes me restless and I have to keep reminding myself that she is not ready for this type of relationship yet.

But how long? How long I would be able to hold myself ...?

"Ahmed, move please." I lift my head and looked into her eyes.

"I hate it when you use this type of words."

"Sorry."

"Is that all you can give me?"

You get what you ask yesterday. Now it's my turn...

My eyes landed from her eyes to her lips and without thinking I started to lean closer.

~*~

Sandal POV:

I watched him leaning closer to my lips.

Don't panic ... don't panic ...

My hand grip tightened on his shoulders and I close my eyes, waiting for warmth to touch. But it never did, instead, I heard Ahmed phone ringing and his cursing words. I opened my eyes and saw a fierce-looking Ahmed Wali barking at the phone. I bit my lower lip to hold my laugh, which didn't go unnoticed by him. He narrowed his eyes at me and I start laughing which is quite painful, as he was still on top of me.

"You got lucky just now wife but don't forget it will be my turn soon." He said in a husky voice and moved away from me.

~*~

"Beta your spacing out again."

"Ji?.... sorry." I looked down at my breakfast again and realize I didn't take a single bite.

"Are you feeling unwell?" Auntie asked me worriedly.

"No Auntie I am fine... just not hungry." I said with an apologetic tone and I heard a snickered from my left, where my husband was seated.

"Ami I am taking Sandal to our lake house tonight... would you guys like to join us?"

"No, both of you go and enjoy yourself. Besides Muskan exams are from next week, so it's better if she stays."

"Okay. I'll be going then. Allah Hafiz Ami." He kissed her forehead and tilt his head a little mentioning me to follow him. Silently I stood up and walked behind him to the gate.

"So, it's going to be me and you alone." He said with a mischievous smile playing on his face.

"Pack our stuff for three days. We'll leave tomorrow before Fajar. Okay." I nodded.

"Love you." He creased my cheek with his fingers and slid inside the car.

_________________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!
Thanks for your support and for your comments. It really helped me.
So, my next story will be "Oh! My Darling Teacher" ...... look forward to it.
I try my best to update it before Eid but no promises. :)
Oh! Pic of Sandal's dress is given.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 2.9K 42
The innocent, bubbly, and selfless Ayaara Saeed has always dreamt of a life with her childhood crush Faris Alam. Everything seemed to be going perfec...
169K 8.1K 21
Meet Miral Mansoor , a 18 years old beautiful girl who loves to sing and keep on singing no matter where she is and what she is doing . Meet Syed Za...
105K 2.5K 20
[Under Editing] *Ruthless Mafia x innocent girl* Sheza Khan youngest daughter of Kabir Khan, a minor gangster. . She is eighteen years old. She is a...
1M 56.5K 53
MIRAAN ROHERO(age 30) He belongs to a strong politician family.Along with having ties in the politics , they are also running the underworld.Miraan i...