Inuyasha High

By lghigurashi

Kagome has moved to a new school and is hoping to fit in perfectly with everyone, but let's just say some peo... More

Chapter 1 : Who are you?
Chapter 2: A New Friend?
Chapter 3: A Pervert?
Chapter 4: Twins?
Chapter 5: The Necklace?
Chapter 6: Theater?
Chapter 7: Yogurt?
Chapter 8: Break Up?
Chapter 9: Cinderella?
Chapter 10: A Letter?
Chapter 11: Naraku?
Chapter 12: Storm?
Chapter 13: Sango's?
Chapter 14: Babysit?
Chapter 15: Buyo?
Chapter 16: Antique?
Chapter 17: Mom?
Chapter 18: Shattered?
Chapter 19: Pieces?
Chapter 20: Hand?
Chapter 22: Where?
Chapter 23: Long?
Chapter 24: Nervous?
Chapter 25: Little Family?
Chapter 26: Preparations?
Chapter 27: The Play?
Chapter 28: Stuck?
Chapter 29: Ask?
Chapter 30: Date?
Chapter 31: Terrible?
Chapter 32: Condition?
Chapter 33: Sick?
Chapter 34: Money?
Chapter 35: Alleyway?
Chapter 36: Better?
Chapter 37: Ayame?
Chapter 38: Him?
Chapter 39: Abducted?
Chapter 40: Mr. Kitsune?
Chapter 41: Thunder Brothers?
Chapter 42: Onigumo?
Chapter 43: Halloween?
Chapter 44: Jakotsu?
Chapter 45: Final Play?
Chapter 46: In Love and Blind?
Chapter 47: Rewritten?
Chapter 48: Curtains Closed?
Chapter 49: The Bar?
Chapter 50: Cursed?
Chapter 51: Koga?
Chapter 52: Engaged?

Chapter 21:Rumors?

802 45 15
By lghigurashi

The rumors of Kikyo started to spread throughout the entire town, putting Inuyasha in a confusing spot.

"If she was coming back, wouldn't she tell me?" Inuyasha questioned himself.

He heard his phone buzz seeing the text from Kagome about babysitting Shippo.

"Would you like to come with me?" it read.

"Yea," he texted back.

Inuyasha stuffed his phone back in his pockets, along with his hands.

"Bah! Who cares if she came back. Kikyo hates me either way...and...and so do I!" Inuyasha concluded, knowing in his mind that wasn't true.

The next day, Inuyasha was heading to the special tree he shared with Kikyo.

"Kikyo. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget you." 

 Inuyasha peered across the street to face the tree and saw Kagome laying against it, doing her homework. Her hair was blowing with the breeze as she laid her stuff down beside her and took a break. Kagome leaned against the tree and saw the engraving of the 'I + K' in the bark and ran her fingers against it.

"Why am I so sad?" Kagome asked herself.

When she looked up, Inuyasha was standing above her. He looked away as he took a seat next to her.

"How've you been?" Kagome asked him smiling.

"Fine." he shortly replied, not looking at her.

Kagome furrowed her brows and grabbed his hair tightly.

"Hey watch the hair!" Inuyasha yelled at her.

"Mind telling me why you can't look me in the eyes?!"

Inuyasha directed his gaze away once again.

"It's cause I look like Kikyo! That's it right?!"

Inuyasha yanked her hand off his silver locks,
"Shut up! It's not that!" I just..."

Kagome looked at him as he started to move her hand away and loosen his grasp.

"It, it's just that..." Inuyasha trailed off as he looked at Kagome's lips.

"What's he doing....?" She asked herself as he got closer and closer.

She could feel his breath against her skin and his hands slowly closing in.

"Woah woah woah!! Hold the phone!!" she screamed pushing him onto the ground.

Inuyasha yelped, falling to the ground.

"H-he was gonna...kiss me!" Kagome blushed holding her fist against her chest.

"Lose the violence would ya?!" Inuyasha complained sitting back up.

"Not until you stop acting so weird!" Kagome told him.

"Me weird?! You're the one that-" Inuyasha stopped hearing Kagome's phone go off.

Kagome sat there awkwardly as she took her phone out to see a text from Sango.

"I'm finally getting better! Wanna hang out after school Friday?" It read.

"Yep that'd be nice." Kagome texted back.

Inuyasha stood up and started walking,
"You coming to school with me or what?"

Kagome sighed and threw her head back against the bark before nodding in agreement.

"What was with him just then..."

Kagome saw the blades of grass swaying with the breeze, her eyes starting to widen.

"He saw right through me, right to Kikyo. He was imagining Kikyo..."

She briefly paused and focused on the sky.

"The poor guy. He loved her. And yet she still...well I guess she had no choice, but they left on such bad terms."

Kagome looked over to across the street and suddenly saw Kikyo standing there.

"Kikyo?!" Kagome questioned her sight.

As soon as she was about to call out to her, a bus drove by and next thing she knew, Kikyo was gone.

Kagome rubbed her eyes,
"There's no way, I'm sure I was just imagining things!"

"You coming Kagome?" Inuyasha paused, looking behind him to see the distracted Kagome.

"Y-yeah..."

It was already lunch and Miroku, Ayame, and Kagome were sitting at their usual table. Inuyasha still hadn't shown up.

"Where could he be?" Kagome asked herself.

"Where's Inuyasha?" Ayame asked.

"Not quite sure I saw him in 3rd block," Miroku told her.

"And he was in 2nd with me," Kagome said.

Next thing they knew there was a backpack thrown on the floor beside Kagome and Inuyasha plopped down in his chair.

"There you are!" Ayame pointed out.

"Sorry. Had to get some food in line, but that damn Sesshomaru kept holding me up!" Inuyasha shouted directing his eyes towards Sesshomaru.

"Silence you worthless half breed," Sesshomaru said raising his voice.

"You wanna fight Sesshomaru because I'm all for it!" Inuyasha threatened.

Sesshomaru cracked his knuckles as he kept his cold glare,
"Go for it."

Inuyasha quickly stood up and growled at him.

Across the room a short student came up to Sesshomaru and spoke with him,
"Don't bother with him sir, that foolish Inuyasha isn't worth your precious time!"

Sesshomaru lowered his hand,
"You are correct Jaken."

"Come over here and fight!" Inuyasha shook his fist.

Inuyasha felt a tug at his sleeve.

"Huh?"

Kagome held his sleeve tighter and looked at him,
"Inuyasha..."

"No wait!"

"Sit!"

Inuyasha slammed into the ground with his hands up.

"Can you not pick a fight with someone?!" Kagome scolded him.

"Well this is new..." Miroku said.

The bell had rang and they all went to their fourth block.

"Okay class! I've decided the date for our play, will be September 25th!" Mr. Jakotsu said.

"What?! But that's next week!" Koga shouted.

"Yes yes. But I feel we are all ready. Except for maybe Sango..." Mr. Jakotsu added.

"No she's ready! She's been practicing at home while she's been sick," Kagome stood up for her.

"Ah great! Well all of you keep practicing your lines. Inuyasha and Kagome I need to see you up here!" The teacher requested.

As they both walked up there, the others practiced their lines with each other and amongst themselves.

"I hope you are both aware that you have to kiss in a scene do you not?" the teacher told them.

"W-w-what?! Kiss?!" Inuyasha stuttered.

"Am I that bad...?! Wait what am I saying? He almost kissed me yesterday!" Kagome thought alone.

"Yes Inuyasha. it'll only be a peck. That much I can say. So lets practice!" Mr. Jakotsu ordered.

Inuyasha gulped really loud as he faced Kagome. She was blushing in a bright pink.

"Oh c'mon! Just go you two!" the teacher encouraged.

Inuyasha was just as nervous as Kagome. He saw that Kagome slowly closed her eyes as he started to lean in.
He got closer and closer to her, when he suddenly gets hit with a shoe and falls to the ground. Kagome opened her eyes and saw him on the floor

"No kissing her!" Koga shouted as his shoe slammed on the ground.

"Listen here you!" Inuyasha yelled at him, rolling his sleeves up.

Kagome sighed loudly with a little relief,
"Honestly..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 619 32
A female half demon named Masaru joins Inuyasha and the others on their journey but after some time she realizes that she may or may not have fallen...
5.5K 207 28
After uprooting her life and moving to the states, Kagome is attending her best friends wedding when something strange happens. During the bacheloret...
317 26 26
(FANMADE) Two high school students Elizabeth and Jorge were once in love intill one day, Elizabeth accidentally unfollowed her boyfriend off Instagra...
18.7K 248 15
Sesshomaru's arrogance gets him into trouble when he approaches a young demon with a bad attitude. The brat sends the Great Lord of the West a curse...