Back and Forth (A Castle Fanf...

By stana_lover

First version of the sequel to Lost and Found. After Katherine Beckett met Richard Castle at the Old Haunt at... More

Coming Home
Debate
Sparking Thought
All For Her
Defining Family
Thinking Forward, Going Back
Danger
Conflict
Insult and Beyond
Dreams and Nightmares
Decisions
Farewell
Money Ball
Before the Storm
Eye of the Hurricane
Torturous Thoughts
First Night Home
For You
Beyond the Family
Blacklash
Truth and Lies
Blame
At the Seams
Darkness and Light
Author's Note
Paradise
Under the Moon
Rolling Thunder
Living and Dying in Pain
Daily Tasks
Witness
Heartache
Finally Paradise
Author's Note

Present and Future

943 39 12
By stana_lover

Again, Kate's P.O.V

Just FYI, this is a long chapter. :) Enjoy :)
------------------------------------

He looked so gorgeous, so handsome, so sweet. He looked so happy and so innocent. He was absolutely perfect in his suit. My little boy was absolutely perfect. As we stood in the front room, Henry wearing a black suit with a white shirt and pale blue tie, his bright blue eyes glistened. He looked absolutely perfect. As I adjusted the tie in place, I could hear footsteps on the stairs, and as soon as it was in placed, I looked over my shoulder.

There, standing on the stairs was a dazzling Alexis, her robin's egg colored dress flowing gently down to her knees, the sweetheart cut of it with the spaghetti straps looking as delicate and lovely as she did. Her hair had been curled and half pulled back, revealing her stunning porcelain cheeks with held a faint touch of rose. Her eyes too gleamed with life as she asked, "Are we almost ready?"

The only words I could give her were, "You look incredible, sweetheart."

"Thank you," she blushed.

I smiled at her for a moment longer before snapping back into action, questioning, "Where's your father?"

"Still getting the babies ready," Alexis replied and she gestured her head up the stairs.

I looked at her in amazement, wondering, "How did he get Sophia out of her dress?"

"The same way he got Danny out of his. He promised them sweets."

"I swear, I don't understand why that boy is so in love with your Snow White costume," I told his older sister.

Henry then replied, "Face it, mom. He'll be bringing home his boyfriend to you someday. That doesn't make his any less of a human."

I then looked at him with an unamused look that was immediately returned to me in a mocking way from my son. I then raised an eyebrow and told him, "You're pushing your luck, kiddo."

He then questioned, "What are you gonna do about it?"

My devious look shocked him out of his cockiness as I told him, "Maybe I'll have a chat with Krissy's mom, tell her you've got a little crush on her daughter and that we should set up a little play date."

"You wouldn't," Henry said in fear.

"Wouldn't I?" He swallowed hard. "Now, Mr. Big Shot, why don't you go see if your father needs help with the babies. Tell him we need to be out the door in ten minutes."

Henry then quickly scurried away, doing his best not to even look at me. As soon as he was up the stairs, Alexis told me, "Mom, that dress is really pretty."

I then looked at her and raised an eyebrow. I was a bit smarter than my sixteen year old thought, and surprised her by asking, "Do you want to borrow a pair of my heels again?"

She pulled in her lips a moment and then told me, "Maybe..."

"You know I don't care if you do as long as you ask. Only your father cares, and he can get over it."

The girl then smiled widely, walking toward me with purpose in her step as she flung her arms around me. "Thanks mom."

"Of course, sweetheart," I replied, combing my hand through her hair.

She then pulled back and told me, "That dress is really pretty, though."

"Yeah, yeah. Go get your shoes." She did, and I watched her walk away as she started toward the bedroom, my hand resting on the flat of my stomach, which the short, somewhat form fitting navy dress hugged just enough to that point and then flowed down to my knees.

By the time Alexis came back wearing a pair of beige heels that went perfectly with the dress, her brother was walking his little sister down the stairs. As Henry held Sophie's hand, giving her the ability to jump up and down endlessly in a fit of giggles, the three year old's sky blue dress flowed around with her. On the bottom step, Sophie let go of her brother's hand and ran at me with a smile so bright, I couldn't help but smile back. As soon as she was within arm's reach, I launched her up and placed her on my hip telling her, "Oh, there's my baby girl. Don't you look so pretty."

With her chestnut hair adorned with a light blue flower clip, she tucked her hands between her stomach and my side and said with a blush-filled smile, "Thank you, mommy." Her eyes stated into mine with a mix of bright blue and flecks of gold that just looked absolutely breath taking. She was so alive, just like her father.

"We're coming," Castle called from the stairs. "We're coming." He was within my sight when he said a third time, "We're coming." At the bottom step, he started a stretches out, "Aaaaaaaaaand," and when he reached me he said, "we're here."

"Well don't you just look ravishing," I said to him as I adjusted the collar of his white shirt to sit properly over his navy suit jacket and black tie.

He then leaned forward as I accepted a small kiss of affection from him, and then pulled away to hear him tell me, "I don't look half as good as you do."

"Yeah, yeah, we get it. You're married. You love each other. Can we go get this over with?" At that, Henry's father and I both have him an unamused look before the thirteen year-old questioned, "What?"

My eyes rolled as I looked back to Rick, but he continued to watch our son a moment longer. It wasn't until I told him, "Maddie called again, and insisted we be there as soon as possible, so we really should be going if you're ready."

"I still can't understand why she wanted us there to launch the restaurant, or why we all needed to be wearing matching clothes."

I then looked at him and smiled as I set Sophie down. "She wanted a ruggedly handsome, brilliant, famous author to come launch the restaurant as an attraction piece, and she wanted the rest of us there because we are her family."

Henry then asked, "Do they even have kids' food there?"

"Well, Maddie said she did, but you might have to order something kind of grown up. I'm sure the steak wouldn't be terribly unappetizing for you, and if you would rather, I know they have soup."

"So... no cheeseburgers I take it," Henry questioned.

Rick smiled and told him, "Probably not, kiddo. And please don't complain about that in front of your aunt. She's very excited about this, so if you eat what food you order, I'll buy you whatever video game you want."

"Really?!"

"You have to eat it all," Rick said, knowing how picky Henry could be.

"I promise."

I then looked at my husband, telling him, "We should probably get going."

"Alright," he stated. He then handed my thirteen month-old son to me as he pulled out the car keys. Danny looked absolutely adorable in his baby sized pale blue button up and black slacks. His gold and blue eyes stared into mine as he played with my hair, and he too looked absolutely breathtaking. As soon as Rick found the keys, he handed them off to Alexis and told her, "Why don't you take your siblings out to the car, maybe get it started if you want. We'll join you four in a minute."

Alexis then agreed without discussion and I handed my son over. As she began to walk, I called after Alexis saying, "Thank you." She nodded, and then I waited until they were out the door to ask, "What's up?"

He didn't reply with words. He simply wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me to him by my lower cheeks, and pressed his lips against mine in a frenzy of eagerness. When I pulled away from him, I asked in a daze, "Wha- what was that about?"

He looked down at my lips and he told me, "I just- couldn't resist. You look... incredible."

A smile then dawned on my lips as I looked at him and asked, "Incredible, huh? What's up with you?" He again just studied my lips and my eyes, saying nothing, but taking me in as though he was seeing me for the first time. With that smile, with that look of adoration in his eyes, he forced me to ask in amusement, "Rick, what's up?"

His eyes brightened. "I just- couldn't help it.You just look so... gorgeous."

"Rick, the kids will be waiting," I told him as he held me close.

He then replied, "I know. But tonight when we get home... Be prepared."

"Prepared for what," I questioned with an intrigued smirk.

He then leaned in and whispered in my ear as he pulled me closer and squeezed everything his hands were holding, "Everything."

To this, a tiny knot built in my stomach as my body was stimulated. He then pulled back slightly, and this time I was to one to engulf his lips with my own. As I ran my hands through his hair and played with his lips with my tongue before he opened up to me, I could feel my stomach tightening and then realized what I had to do. Pulling back, I put an end to this adventure, taking hold of his hand with a swift motion and pulling him toward the door. By the time we boarded the elevator, he pulled me back into his arms, and then nibbled at my ear a bit as his hands wrapped around my waist and I laughed at the sensation of his touch.

~*~*~*~*~

His touch was what I woke to when my eyes peeled open, slowly making progress on taking in the world. At the first sight of light, my head rushed a bit, and the view came in to me slowly. All I knew for sure was that Rick was looking at me, hovering over me, his eyes piercing mine as he called my name. Finally, I looked at him when I could and questioned with an exhausted voice, "Rick?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 2K 30
{COMPLETE} Pg-13 just incase (: Beckett gets pregnant with her current boyfriends baby, Josh's baby. She tries to tell him but he ignores her and lea...
12.8K 271 9
Rick and Kate have been married for two years now, but a sudden tragedy leaves them broken and hurtful. things get rough for a while as they struggle...
19K 504 22
Kate and Rick are married. They have been for about a year. What will happen when someone from Kate's past comes along? What will happen to Rick and...
604 3 17
Kate breaks up with Rick for his protection. Instead of Rick trying to win Kate back he goes on his own mission to find his memories. Hayley tells R...