I Almost Killed My Crush's Mom

By Cherry_Cola_x

I, Lois Mai Reynolds, am all kinds of clumsy. I fall over flat surfaces. I drop expensive vases, and miraculo... More

<> Synopsis <>
Chapter 1:: Oops is an understatement
Chapter 2:: The Diagnosis
Chapter 3:: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 4:: One Game
Chapter 5:: The winds of pain
Chapter 6:: My crush stole my cupcake
Chapter 7:: The Plan
Chapter 8:: Malicious chair legs
Chapter 9:: Doodling and Drooling
Bad News
Chapter 10:: Supermarkets solve everything
Chapter 11:: Pass me that bottle
Chapter 12:: The Fault in Our Universe
Chapter 13:: Me and You, You and Her
Chapter 14:: Sleepovers
Chapter 15:: Holes. Leaks. Sealant.
Chapter 16:: Bitches and Body Shots
Chapter 17:: Change
Chapter 18:: Burn Baby Burn
Chapter 19:: Confidence and Sass
Chapter 20:: Little Red Dress
Chapter 21:: What are you doing to me?
♔ ANNOUNCEMENTS ♔
Chapter 22:: The Worst Spies
Chapter 23:: Video Game Victory
Chapter 24:: Three Days
Chapter 25:: The Dance
Chapter 26:: Fight or Flight
GRAPHICS COMPETITION
Chapter 27:: You Like Me
Chapter 28:: Truth and Lie
Chapter 29:: Be Spontaneous
Chapter 30:: Drunk on Emotion
COMPETITION WINNERS
Chapter 31:: The Land of Dreams
Chapter 32:: Mango Smoothies
BONUS CHAPTER
♔CHARACTER INTERVIEW ♔
One Shot Competition

Epilogue

147K 9.6K 3K
By Cherry_Cola_x

EPILOGUE

"Jesse," I mumble, peeling back a cushion to look at him properly.

We're both lounged on my bed currently (fully clothed I might add- minus Jesse's shirt), and have been for the past two hours. We've been talking, and making out and basically everything has been perfect. Unfortunately, this bliss can't last forever, because we have a party to get to. School starts in a few days, and we begin senior year. To celebrate the end of summer, Rita is throwing a giant bonfire party in her back yard, starting at 2:00pm. It's currently 2:15pm and we haven't even left yet- heck, I'm not even ready to go. I look at Jesse over the corner of pillow, raising an eyebrow at him in a meaningful glare. He knows what I'm thinking about, because every time I've tried to bring it up in the past forty five minutes, he's shut me up with a kiss. He's not too keen to go, and frankly I don't blame him. The idea of leaving this bed is repulsive to me too.

"Jesse," I begin again, only to watch him groan and roll on top of me. He pushes himself onto his hands and knees above me- his face hovering over mine as he widens his eyes innocently.

"We don't have to go," Jesse reminds me, pouting his lips slightly. "I'm very comfortable here."

"I'm pretty comfortable too," I wink suggestively, glancing down at his very beautifully bare chest. Jesse grins knowingly. Really- how could I ever be expected to leave the things I love most in the world? I have my bed, I have Netflix on my TV and I have Jesse, and I'm expected to ditch two of those to go to a stupid party. "Unfortunately," I sigh, "We promised Rita. Besides, this is our time to show off our new couple relationship status. Basically all of our year is going to be there- Rita has invited every single person, plus a few juniors." I raise my eyebrows, peeking up at him.

"Fine," Jesse sighs, before finally lowering his head down to kiss me. His lips are warm, and by now familiar. That doesn't change the fact that my heart seems to explode every time we make contact though. My hands loop around his neck, before travelling slowly down his exposed muscular back. Dear God this boy is perfect. Finally, he pulls away only to place a feathery kiss on my forehead. "Come on," He teases, "We need to go to this party. Pull yourself together."

He swings himself off my bed, reaching down to pull his shirt back on. I instantly frown. "That's not fair," I whine, "You're a tease."

"Come on, you need to get changed. Will you be ready in fifteen minutes?"

I nod, and he leans over the bed to press one last light kiss on my lips, before heading to my bedroom door. I'll see him in fifteen minutes, yet it still isn't nice to watch him leave. "I love you," He calls over his shoulder as he leaves.

I relax into my bed the moment the door shuts. Things with Jesse couldn't be more perfect- we're finally together, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the happiest I've ever been. Part of me is dying for school to start- so that I can show off the fact that he is mine, and the other part is nervous of what people will think about a nerd like me dating the captain of the swim team and all around popular boy. I guess though- it doesn't matter what they think. He loves me by some miracle, and I love him. I guess this party is a test of how people will react to our relationship- maybe that's why it's so important to me that we go.

I pull my hair up into a messy bun, and dress in a simple bikini, with denim shorts and an All Star top. I leave my make-up minimal, because if there's going to be water guns like I expect, it'll only be running down my face anyway. Thank the heavens for waterproof mascara. Everett left a while ago with Heather- and everyone I know is going to be at the party. It should be fun, and if not? Well at least we showed our faces. I'd much prefer to watch movies with him alone anyway.

It's been a week since we "broke into" the Beach Café, and so much has happened. Jennifer is not only fully walking again, but she has officially kicked Steve out of her house and life, the cheating scumbag. They are currently filing for a divorce. Jesse isn't sad like I'd expect him to be, in fact, I think he's relieved. He says he might still visit his Dad, on occasion, but he's not going to make it a regular thing. The combination of cheating on Jenny, and pushing his son into a different career path hasn't exactly put Steve in Jesse's good books right now. I'm sure they'll work something out, but it will take time. People don't heal that quickly from things like that.

As for Adam and Ben- well, they still aren't together, but they're definitely close. I'm pretty sure they'll go on their first date sometime soon- and I am expecting to hear all of the details, as their number one fan. It's not every day that two of your best friends get together. Rita is still flying solo- and props to her. Her hair is short, her attitude has changed, and she seems to be happier actually. Billie and Warren have their one month anniversary soon, and Brendan is in town to see Sophie. The legendary Texan boyfriend is incredibly attractive, incredibly muscled and actually pretty hilarious. He and Sophie are way too cute together.

Heather and Everett are potentially the biggest obstacle for me- it's weird to see my best friend and my brother so close, but I'm adapting. We're set to go on a double date next weekend, and Jesse is taking me on our first date this weekend. It's a surprise, go figure, but I'll try pestering Ben for details. Being so close with my boyfriend's best friend has its perks.

I grab my bag from my dresser, and head downstairs to wait for Jesse. I don't think he could stand for me to keep him waiting, after the months that it took us to get together.

But boy, those months were worth it.

<><><><><>

As we walk hand-in-hand into Rita's back yard, I can't help but be awed by what I see. There are so many people here, and Rita's yard is so big. Fairy lights string along the fences, and in the centre of the yard I see a large roaring bonfire billowing smoke into the air. There's a bouncy castle, and the floor is littered with plastic cups, just like any other teenage party. People are running around with water guns, spraying people, and the atmosphere is actually pretty amazing. This party, I hate to say it, is kick-ass. It was actually almost worth getting out of bed for.

"Come on," Jesse says, tugging my hand and leading me across the yard, "Let's find the others."

After dodging our way past drunk people, and getting hit in the shoulder by a water balloon gone astray, we finally spot our friends. Rita is helping to organise the buffet table, shouting at the servers. Billie and Warren are stood awkwardly nearby, hand in hand, as are Sophie and Brendan. "Heya," I greet them as Jesse and I walk over, "How long have you guys been here?"

"Half an hour too long," Billie frowns, "It smells like socialisation here. I don't like it."

I exhale a laugh, "Hey, have you guys seen Everett and Heather? They left before we did: I figured that they'd be with you." I turn over my shoulder, scanning the people around me for any sign of the familiar pair, but they aren't in sight. The music playing is a fast dance track, and the fact that people have their hands in the air (like they just don't care) doesn't help my search. Someone shoots a water gun above us and water showers around me until I turn around to face the others again.

"They're somewhere around," Warren shrugs dismissively. "So, this is the first time people have seen you two together," He points out, smiling, and I can see him tightening his grip on Billie's hand. "How's it going?"

"A few looks, nothing unusual," Jesse shrugs, "I made it Facebook official yesterday, so they aren't surprised. They're just curious to see what we're like together I guess."

"Ooh Facebook official," Brendan laughs, drawling with his southern accent. Sophie has really pulled on this one: his hair is dark and curly, he's olive skinned and I won't lie, very attractive. According to Rita via text, the boy has been gaining a lot of attention. The girls are ogling him, and he's been gaining a lot of glares from Sophie's male admirers. He's leaving tomorrow, sadly, to go back to Texas. Sophie is devastated- the pair have been attached at the hip since he arrived last week.

Rita marches up behind me, diminishing my trail of thought. "There you two are," She declares, looking between Jesse and me, "You two are late. Do you want a drink or anything?"

I go to answer her question, before suddenly a cold shock of water is thrown at us. I open my eyes, gasping after the impact. What the...? Then, I spot them. Heather and Everett, stood a few metres away from us, with two empty buckets discarded on the floor. I glance around to see that we're all soaked. Jesse, Rita and I have caught the brunt of it because we're the closest. Heather's hair is wild and her eyes are bright, but Everett is the one who's grinning at us. "Water fight? Billie...think COD in real life, with water guns."

I look to Jesse immediately, smiling. "Allies?"

"Allies," He confirms, nodding.

"The war starts in 3...2...1," Everett announces, "Go!" Before I can even move, Heather and Everett attach hands and sprint away into the crowd. Billie and Warren disperse, laughing. Rita glances around at me, Jesse, Brendan and Sophie.

"You guys are gonna form couple teams aren't you?" She groans, "Fine. I'll find Ben and force him to team up with me. You better watch your backs." She turns and runs away, and I instantly tug Jesse into the other direction. I pull him past people at full speed, laughing as our limbs hit people accidentally and we invade a lot of people's personal bubbles very quickly.

"We need ammunition," I shout, running to the side of Rita's house with him shortly behind me. This is a war of the couples (plus Rita and Ben) and I fully intend to win. If I can win COD against Billie, then I can definitely win a silly water fight. I pull Jesse around the wall, where we stop and pant for breath. Nobody can see us here, but we can see them. This is the ideal hiding place. Where are these people getting water balloons from? Did they bring them for themselves? I frown, leaning back against the wall, only to have my foot land on something. A hose-pipe.

This is perfect.

Abandoning Jesse's hand, I lean down to pick it up. Jesse's eyes widen as he looks at my discovery. "Turn on the faucet," I order, and he does. We've officially gained the best weapon in the playing field. Everyone knows that a hose-pipe wins against any water gun, bucket or balloon. All I have to do is twist the head of the water pipe, and our opposition will be soaked in a second. "We're safe," I grin in exhilaration, leaning back against the wall next to Jesse. "Maintain your positions."

"Aye, aye captain," Jesse murmurs, before leaning over to plant his warm lips on mine. My arms, hose pipe and all, wrap around his neck as I'm lost in my happy place.

That is, until the hose is ripped from my grip.

I pull back immediately, only to have what feels like Niagara Falls splash over my face from the hose pipe. I hear Billie's evil laughter over my suffering. In a matter of seconds, I went from warm and tingly, to cold and beaten. I yelp at the water, turning away to face the wall, and I can hear Jesse's shouts beside me. We were in the best position as well. Ugh. "I blame this on you," I wince, facing Jesse as Billie and Warren run away victoriously to seek their next victim, "You kissed me."

"You kissed me back," Jesse sticks his tongue out, "Don't blame this on me." We're both absolutely soaking now, and my teeth chatter slightly despite the warm weather. One of the reasons why the hose is the worst weapon is because the water seems so much colder.

"You're the worst ally ever," I sigh dramatically, teasing him as I shiver.

"Um no. You're cold, and I can warm you up," He smirks, shifting slightly to press me up against the side of Rita's house.

"You suck at water fights but I still kind of love you," I bite my lip, looking up at him with amusement. Jesse's eyes are a bright, burning aqua colour. Gosh, he's so perfect, even when his hair is wet and sticking in all directions. Jesse smiles at my statement, and he leans down to press his lips to mine. The kiss is short, but a fire burns in my chest and warms up my shivering limbs, just like he promised. How does this one person manage to make me feel so good? Jesse leans back slightly and smiles against my lips, his mouth whispering words that sound like music to my ears.

"You almost killed my mom," He murmurs, "But I still kind of love you too."

And the funny thing is, that I don't regret a single thing.

iT iS tHe OfFiCiAl EnDiNg Of IaKmCm OmG *cries*

I love you all so so much. Thank you for making this story so successful! I have entered IAKMCM into the Watty's, so please vote vote vote (just how you'd normally vote for a chapter)! I'm not expecting to win a prize, but it would be AMAZING if I could seeing as I couldn't enter TBBSMB (I started writing it a few days before the entry guidelines allow) :))

See you in the bonus chapter alligators! Who's looking forward to some Heverett?

love and luck, Lauren xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 8 30
When your first kiss results in the boy throwing up in the bushes that obviously means that romance just isn't your thing right? Vani thought so. Bo...
25.3K 3K 53
Dys • ar • thri • a difficult or unclear articulation speech that is otherwise linguistically normal - Doubt it? How do you know this blossoming frie...
59.5K 4.2K 70
Life is hard. Specially when you're a high schooler. You can never know when your life is about to go up. And you 'especially' can never know when it...