Weak

By nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 52

1.9K 78 2
By nngozi

Adrienne

The whole plane ride from Oakland back to Ohio was filled with silence. I was still a bit shaken up and personally didn't know how to respond to Kyrie getting surgery tomorrow.

I had asked Kyle and Jessica to cancel any thing upcoming, because it would kill me if I had left Kyrie during a time when he probably needed me the most. Azeena stuck around as well, but I think it was for support and to spend a bit more time with Josh.

***

"You might need some of this, you ain't slept all day"

I looked up smiling, "Thank you sir"

Kyrie was admitted into surgery about an hour ago, and a couple of us sat around in the lobby waiting for the operation to be completed. Dred handed me a cup of coffee, before taking a seat himself.

"So what exactly happened to your ankle? If I may ask" Dred sat in the next available chair. "Ky, had told me you were on crutches"

I looked down at my cast. "Yeah, I was. I just recently got off two days ago and when I was coming off the jet, I took a wrong step and fell on it kind of hard"

"Ugh, that's got to hurt"

"Yeah it hurt a lot the first two days and then the pain later subdued, and I didn't really need the crutches anymore"

Dred and I continued talking; and I found myself respecting him a lot. He told me about how it was for him losing his wife and raising his children as a single father. Learning more about him, I could see where Kyrie picked up his personality and dedication from.

I was reading a text message from my sister, when I noticed everyone stand up. I looked up and seen one of the doctors standing before us.

Dred was the first to speak. "How is everything?"

He smiled, "It was a successful surgery. The anesthesia medicine should be wearing off, if you would like to go see him"

I stood up and walked down the hall, and turned a corner following closely behind Dred. The room they had Kyrie in was the last one down the hall and slowly as I walked, we came to room B95.

"Let me get the door"

I nodded, as Dred pushed the door open. We walked in further and saw Kyrie lying down, with his eyes half closed. He looked like he was exhausted and his face was kind of a bit swollen.

"How you feeling son?"

He mumbled something that no one could understand and I figured it was most likely the medicine they had given him was causing him to act like that.

"Hey kid" I gently grabbed his hand, and rubbed the back of it softly.

I watched as he fought to fully open his eyes but looked drowsier by the minute. It was very evident how tired he was and I just sat down on one of the chairs and entertained myself with my iPad.

Two hours later, a couple doctors came in and moved Kyrie up to the top floor in a different room. Zizi and Josh arrived and the room was completely filled with balloons, cards, and edible arrangements.

Slowly the medicine on Kyrie was wearing off and he was able to talk to everyone. I myself was walking back and forth in the room trying to call my mom and check up on her.

"I know this isn't a moment to joke, but isn't it a coincidence how the two of you have a cast on your legs" Zizi fell into laughter.

A few other people laughed as well, and I could only shake my head. Only my best friend would find amusement in someone's pain or misery.

I saw Kyrie point out to the table, and I stood up bending over "You want your remote or your phone?"

"Remote" he coughed dryly.

I nodded and grabbed the remote, handing it to him. He thanked me before I took my seat. Time was soon passing and I volunteered to go with Josh and Zizi back to Kyrie's house and help pack some clothes for him.

"I got gym shorts, his toothbrush, and some shirts" Zizi looked through the duffle bag.

I looked through a couple of his dressers, and grabbed a few pairs of socks as well as grabbing his phone charger. Everything was placed inside the bag, and I zipped it up. Azeena turned off the light as we walked out of Ky's bedroom and down the staircase to meet up with Josh.

"Yall got everything?" he looked at the two of us.

I licked my lips, nodding my head. "I'm pretty sure"

"Alright let's go"

**

"You feel a little bit better?" I asked, scooting my chair closer to Kyrie's bed.

Kyrie licked his lips, nodding his head. "Thank you"

"For what?"

"for being a kick ass girlfriend" he said with a smile. I smiled as well and leaned over to kiss his lips, just to see a flash from a cell phone go off. Turning my head, it didn't surprise me to see Josh and Zizi with their phones all out.

"Yall negros love taking off guards" I laughed, leaning back in my seat.

"That was a Kodak moment, okay" Zi chuckled.

"Let me take a Kodak moment of you too" I unlocked my phone, going to my camera and began snapping away at the two of them. One of the pictures had Zizi's head placed on Josh's shoulder, while her legs dapped across his lap with both of them looking deeply at their phones. I thought it was really cute and shared it on Instagram; 'How cute are they 😊'.

A nurse came by and brought a tray of food. Kyrie made a face and I could tell he wasn't about to eat any hospital food.

"You don't want it?" I laughed, looking at him.

He shook his head, "Hell no"

"I got'chu" I smiled, and stepped out to room to make a phone call. I called Jessica to bring by some food, because it's been a very long day and everyone was most likely hungry.

Monday was Azeena and I's last day in Ohio. It was really awkward getting ready to leave because it was obvious no one wanted us to leave, and I didn't want to leave but I needed to get back to my daily grind. Since Kyrie would be discharged on Wednesday, I figured it wouldn't be that bad leaving him.

"I'll miss you" I smiled at him, looking down at him.

"I'll miss you too" he positioned his back against the pillow and leaned in. We pecked lips quickly before he rested his hands on my back.

"Take care kid" I leaned in for one more kiss, before stepping back and facing the others.

"Bye giant, take care of him for me" I hugged Josh, and then Jux.

"I got you Adge" he laughed.

I leaned against the door, waiting for Azeena to finish talking to Josh. They were smiling the whole time, but when I saw him lean down and kiss her; my mouth dropped open. Uh oh!

"Yall are being extremely lovey dovey, like Zizi won't be back next week" I laughed. The two of them looked back at me and rolled their eyes, while I just laughed to myself.

**

"I'm so ready to get back to LA and get this damn cast off" I smiled, walking up the steps that led to the jet.

"I don't wanna' leave" Zizi frowned, taking off her backpack and sitting down.

I removed my pink MCM backpack and laughed. "Mhmm, I wonder why"

"Don't even start" she slit her eyes at me, pulling out her red beat headphones.

I sat down and instantly remembered that Zi's birthday was coming up soon. "Guess who has a birthday coming up in a couple days?"

"Mwah, me. Your best friend of eleven years"

"What do you want to do for your birthday babe?" I asked, leaning up a bit.

"Something small, I guess" she pulled her blanket over her. "Turning twenty-four isn't that big of a deal"

I nodded my head, understanding and rested my legs up. When we get back to the west coast then I'll have to plan the perfect day for Zizi's birthday.  Out of all the friendships I've had, my friendship with Azeena was the strongest. This chick has been through everything with me and her loyalty is so pure. She deserves to have the best birthday ever and I wouldn't mind giving that to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 2.8K 21
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘π‘’π‘’ π‘šπ‘’, π‘€β„Žπ‘œπ‘Ž π‘‡π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑏, π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘ π‘‡π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘“π‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘Ÿ...
85.6K 4.6K 36
Sometimes we can let our anger get the best of us ruining opportunities, friendships, family dynamics and- Love Will Klay be able to be the storm to...
1.9K 66 26
I can't choose which person is my person ( Neymar and Kylian fanfic)