And You became my Dawn

By lailamehtaab

Ahmed Wali, a man in his late twenties, the heir of Wali Brothers, a famous name in the constructions compani... More

Chapter #1
Chapter#2
Chapter# 3
Chapter# 4
Chapter# 5
Chapter# 6
Chapter# 7
Chapter# 8
Chapter# 9
Chapter# 10
Chapter#11
Chapter#12
Chapter#13
Chapter#14
Chapter#15
Chapter#16
Chapter#17
Chapter#18
Chapter# 19
Chapter#20
Chapter#21
Chapter#22
Chapter#23
Chapter#24
Chapter#25
Chapter#26
Chapter#27
Chapter#28
Chapter# 29
Chapter#30
Chapter#31
Chapter#32
Chapter#33
Chapter#34
Author's Note
Chapter#36
Chapter#37
Chapter#38
Chapter# 39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41 (Final Chapter)

Chapter#35

24.4K 1.4K 21
By lailamehtaab

Not edited!

Sandal's POV:

"Are we waiting for someone?" I asked Zohma as we sit at a table, four people.

"Yes. There is someone I want you to meet. He was not able to attend your Walima ceremony because of his illness. So I thought why not today." She shrugged.

"Oh!."

"Ary, you tell me something."

"What?" I said taking a sip of the water.

"When I'll becoming Phuppo (father's sister)?" I choked on water and start coughing.

"Hay! Are you okay?" I heard Zohma's and I glared at her.

"Sheesh! I just ask a simple question."

"What question?" I heard a masculine voice from behind. I quickly turned around and found Ibrar Mamo standing there with a man smiling at us.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" Zohma and I both said in unison and stood up.

"Wallaikum Assalam." Mamo said and gave me a side hug. While Zohma was greeting the other man. He looked like in his mid-sixties and his eyes shine with happiness when our eyes met.

"Sandal, he is Aleem Chisti. He was a very dear friend of Ahmed's father and also Wali family's legal advisor."

"Assalam o Allaikum Sir."

"Wallaikum Assalam beta... and it's not Sir. It's Aleem Chachu. Okay?" He gave me a friendly smile which I returned. We all order our food and Aleem Chachu lead the conversation.

"I wanted to meet you for quite a while Sandal.... and I am glad that you are such a modest and sweet girl..... I have to say Ahmed really choose a rare diamond for himself."

"No, it's...Thank you." Feeling a little embarrassed by his comment I started to play with my bracelet. I really don't understand why these people treat me like someone very special. They all are caring, protective, supported and never missed a chance to praise me for little deeds, including Ahmed.

"Simple and devoted people like you are a rarity in our class. So, you should know your worth dear because without knowing you can't do what we are about to ask you."I said Ibrar Mamo.

"I don't get it."

"I assume you know about Ahmed's having nyctophobia (fear of darkness)?" Ibrar Mamo asked and I nodded.

"Do you know the reason behind it?" Aleem Chachu asked.

"No, but I know a few other things though."

"Such as?" Zohma inquired.

"I know that he hated middle-class people because of your Uncle's wife. Who belonged to the middle class and was also a greedy woman. And after his marriage to her, things start happening in your family. Within six years your father, uncle, and grandparents died and you guys move here to Karachi. Leaving your inherited property in that woman's hand. You only got the business your father had here. After that, you guys are not in touch with her in her kids. But now Ahmed is taking interest in having back our family house, Saifi House that is." I raised my head and found them staring at me like I grew horns on my head.

After the chat with Qurat-ul-Ain Bhabi earlier I did some research on my own and thanks to the internet, I found many things, but I wasn't planning to share the rest with them. I want to hear their part of the story.

"How do you know all that?" Zohma asked, still in a state of shock.

"I was the direct victim of his hatred once. It's natural for me to dig this out."

"That's what I am asking. How did you get this information?"

"I have my sources." I bit my inner lip on realizing what I have said. Ahmed usually says this when he wanted to drop the topic and I hate it. But before I could apologize for this rude sentence, the three of them burst out laughing.

"See Aleem Chachu. I told you, both of them are quite an item..." She winked at me and continue, " I know my husband for years and still not able to catch up with him but look at here. It's been hardly one month since their marriage and she changes herself into Bhai's colour. Uff... so romantic." Looking at me she bated her lashes dramatically.

Curse you idiot... show a little decency in front of elders.

"Don't mind her beta she is always like this." Said Aleem Chachu.

"Anyways, the information you have is true. But there are more of it...Zohma, would you tell her?"

"No Chachu, it's better if you do."

"Hm. Sandal do you know your father-in-law's name?"

"Yes, Mansoor Wali and his younger brother Habib Wali. I saw their pics on the internet."

"The girl Habib married to was Najma and as you know she was a greedy woman and a smooth talker. Soon after marriage, she took all charge of the household. Our Bhabi, your mother-in-law came from a higher class. As of today she was quite social back then too and loved to keep herself self-busy with family and friends. Moving from place to place, attending events are part of her daily routine. Which gave open access to Najma for everything ... the day when Mansoor died, was the beginning of the downfall of Wali's family. After two years Habib died with a simple fever, which was quite unusual for a healthy man like him.

Then as you already know within six years both brothers and their parents died. Police get suspicious, so an investigation has been started. Anyways, Najma's target was the Wali family's wealth but she only had two girls. So, they cannot have a big amount of Wali family's wealth unless she removes the only thorn in her way.."

"Ahmed." I completed his sentence.

"But it's..., Zohma and Muskan were there too right?"

"Actually, after Habib chachu death Dada Abu's made his will. He saved a large amount for his all granddaughters in the bank. Which they would be given to them in their marriage and according to his will the rest of the property will be given to the only heir, means Ahmed Bhai. The point was, his daughters-in-law won't get a single penny. It's fine by Ami because we already had Papa's business. But she didn't have anything, so she-" Zohma voice trailed off. I looked at them expectantly.

"She did something to Ahmed... we don't know what it was, he never told any of us. Maybe his psychiatric knows ..." Ibrar Mamo completed Zohma's sentence. There were minutes of silence. The fact of the lady being a gold digger was alone hard for me to swallow and now this...

"Aleem Chachu you said earlier that you want me to do something. What is it?" I asked making eye contact.

"We all want that he will complete his treatment, which he left years ago. Because without it he cannot move on." Said Ibrar Mamo.

"Move on?... Mamo as far as I know him, he don't blame her for his nyctophobia. So I assume that there are more than this."

Aleem Chachu nodded, "But I won't tell you this today ... for now, take care of Ahmed. I am sure you can do it."

The rest of lunch went into silence. Don't know about others but my mind was busy processing all the information. After lunch, I went to Zohma's house again. I don't want to go home right now and I have many things to ask Zohma.

~*~

Sitting back in the car, I looked out of the window, as the familiar things passed by. I feel exhausted today, mentally.

"Khalid Bhai, where is Ahmed?" I asked the driver.

"He is at home Bhabi."

"Okay."

I leaned back in the seat and close my eyes. I don't know how to face Ahmed after being aware of his past which he hid from me.

Zohma told me that when they were back in the family house and things started to get out of hand, Ahmed was fourteen back then. He got angry very often, yelled at everyone, cried and screamed at the nights. He hated black colour to the point that he destroyed all black things in the house and all of his black clothes. Even if he saw someone wearing black he started to slam his head into a wall and hitting himself but he never spoke of the reason behind this behaviour. Ami got suspicious when he avoid coming in front of Najma and one day when Ahmed tried to took his life they moved here the next day. Zohma cried a lot remembering the past and I cried thinking what made him go to this extent. The thought pained me that he faced everything alone... trying to endure Allah knows what.

"Bhabi. We are here." The driver said and get I got off the car.

Hitting himself, screaming at nights, slamming his head on walls, trying to kill himself ... Ya Allah, no child deserves that... why did you give him such a hard childhood?

Why Ahmed?

Why my husband?

Ahmed ...

I wiped my tears from the back of my hand and almost run towards our room.

I want to see him ...

"Ahmed?" I called him opening the door. I heard the shower running and rushed towards the bathroom.

I want to hear him.....

"Ahmed?" I bang the bathroom door several times.

I want to hold him close...

"Ahmed?" My voice was more like a cry.

"What?"

The next moment he opened the door, his voice sound panicked. He was soaking wet, wearing only a towel around his waist, "What is it?"

Without thinking about his half-naked wet body I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. He might be shocked because I didn't feel him hugging me back. But I don't care, I don't care about anything.

All I know is that he was in terrible pain alone when I was enjoying every moment of childhood. He was there with me when I needed him, but when he was in need I wasn't by his side. Even though it's not my fault but still ...

"Sandal?" I heard his voice as his arms encircled me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Then why are you crying like this?"

"Ahmed?"

"Hm?"

"Please don't ask anything." I said and buried my head in his neck, as he tightened his grip on me.

That's right, don't ask anything ... feel it, if you can the feelings I have for you ... hear it, the millions of words I wanted to tell you... see it, the love I have for you in my eyes.

Your wife is a coward Ahmed, afraid to admit her feeling ...

"Ahmed ... promise me you allow me to stay by your side?"

"Huh?"

"And won't push me whatever I do?"

"What are y-"

"Just promise." I shouted. Holding my arms he took me to the nearest couch and made me sit.

"Do I have to say in words? Can't you tell I already promise this to myself?"

"Can you?"

"What?"

"Can you understand my feelings if I don't say them?"

"Yes, most of them." He smiled, leaning at the back of the couch.

"I am glad." I said, putting my head on his bare chest and close my eyes.

His cold body felt so nice. I know when I will wake-up I might die from embarrassment, but now I just want to sleep for a while. In the arms of the man I love, my husband.

_________________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!
I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thanks for the support and apologize for the mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 12.2K 24
❝ Who knew that her love was just right across the street ❞ Mashal Baig, 22-years-old. Everyone's favourite. A happy go girl. Believes in true love a...
94.5K 2.9K 42
The innocent, bubbly, and selfless Ayaara Saeed has always dreamt of a life with her childhood crush Faris Alam. Everything seemed to be going perfec...
668K 54.2K 55
[wattpad featured story] For Rabail her entire world revolves around the ideals, traditions, and honor of her family, but fate brings her face to fac...
583K 26.7K 22
"Y-ye a-aap k-kya..., (W-what a-are y-you..)" I abruptly shut up as I saw him giving me a hard look through the mirror. Lowering my eyes, I tried my...