Weak

Por nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 51

1.9K 73 15
Por nngozi

2015 Finals- Cavaliers vs. Warriors (Overtime)

The Oracle arena was filled with nothing but cheers and roars. With two minutes left in overtime and Golden State ahead by four points, the Cavaliers were fighting extremely hard to score right now.

Cleveland Cavalier's point guard, who was being guarded by Golden State's Klay Thompson, dribbled his way to the paint. No one could tell what exactly happened, except to see the young point guard come falling down on his knees.

"Irving falls down, hangs on and gets it to JR Smith"

JR Smith attempts to shoot a three but misses. Happy Warriors fan cheered on as their power forward Draymond Green caught the rebound and ran with the ball, while Irving struggles to make it over to the bench.

"Green with another rebound and Kyrie Irving is hurt, limping up the floor"

A replay was shown and it seems like Klay Thompson may have made some hard contact with Irving's left knee. The young Cavalier's point guard who seemed to be in much pain was escorted, limping out of the arena and towards the locker rooms with an athletic trainer.

Azeena

Voicemail, the only thing I kept receiving each time I called Adrienne's phone. Right now everyone's emotions were high after watching Kyrie take a terrible fall during overtime of Game 1 Finals.

It was sad to see how much he struggled limping off the court with the Cavaliers athletic trainer. The first person who came to my mind was Adrienne because she wasn't here at the moment and since she wasn't answering her phone, was not making the situation any better.

"Did she answer?" Josh interrupted my thoughts.

"No I keep getting her voicemail" I sighed, with frustration.

"Damn. Call her assistant or something"

Why didn't I think to call Kyle or Jessica? They always answer their phones when Adrienne can't and I had a good feeling one of them would pick.

Without wasting time I quickly dialed Jessica's number and waited until she picked up on the third ring.

"Hello Jessica Miles. Adrienne Taylor's assistant, who am I speaking with?"

"Umm Jessica, its Zizi"

"Oh hi Azeena" she said dryly.

"Is Adrienne around by chance? I really need to talk to her"

"She is, but I don't think she's in the mood to speak to anyone right now"

"Tell her it's me Zizi. I'm sure she'll want to talk to me"

I heard her sigh with annoyance, "Like I said earlier, she isn't in the mood to speak to anyone"

"If you do not get Adrienne on this damn phone" I paused, stopping myself from cursing her out. "We'll see how long you'll be keeping that damn job"

"I'll see what I can do"

"That's what I thought" I rolled my eyes.

I could tell she placed the phone on mute, because there was absolutely no sound being heard and she knew better not to have hung up on me if she really loved her job.

"Hello Zi, what's wrong? What's the emergency?"

Once Adrienne got onto the phone, her voiced seemed cracked and as a friend I knew her too well. It was pretty obvious she had been crying earlier.

"Adrienne, first off are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine but what's the emergency?"

"Is your phone not on or something?" I asked, placing my hand on my hip. "and Dri I might not have some pleasant news"

"No, like I literally shut off my phone because I did not feel like being bothered. I've heard way too much bad news today and I'm not sure if I can take anymore right now"

"Well girl it's Kyrie and it's not good"

She drew a long sigh, "What about Kyrie? Shouldn't he be playing?"

"Well he was, but during overtime he got injured and pretty much limped off the court in so much pain. Right now his dad and agent are in the locker room with him and it does not look good at all" I exclaimed.

"Are you serious right now? I told Kyrie do not take any chances going back on that court if he wasn't ready yet" 

"Dri, I really think you should calm down because your tone of voice is really scaring me a bit"

"How do you expect me to calm down right now Zi? You would keep calm in a situation like this?"

The louder her voice became the more I had to remove the phone off my ear. Soon I became more irritated with how overly dramatic she was becoming and I had no other option to hand the phone over to Jux.

"Adrienne don't worry we just praying for the best right now, please calm down"

After what seemed to be twenty minutes of talking, Jux walked back over to where a few of were standing in front of the locker rooms, and handed my phone back to me.

Josh was the first to speak, "What did she say?"

"She'll be here in the morning"

"Did you get her to calm down?" I asked.

"Not so much"

Adrienne

"Can they stop blowing up my phone with these stupid messages and notifications? I know he's injured, damn"

After I spoke to Jux on the phone, there was just no reassurance in my spirit that Kyrie was doing fine. My whole mind went into panic mode and I had to get on the private jet to Oakland right now. The whole time in the back of my head, I tried to tell myself 'Adrienne stop thinking the worst. He will be fine', but from reading these sport blogs and seeing pictures it took my nervousness on a different level.

This has not been the best day for me at all. With the amount of bad news I keep receiving it was really taking a lot in me not cry, and I'm not really the type that likes to get emotional easily but having situations that involve people close to me can bring a weak side from me.

Soon as I arrived in Oakland, my phone was off the complete hook. Notifications, phone calls, and text messages were the only thing coming through. Even people I did not even know found a way to my number and were constantly calling just to be nosey on what was going on with Kyrie. I myself was still confused as ever on his situation, and hardly anyone wanted to let me know complete details.

I haven't exactly spoken to Kyrie yet, but I did get to talk to his dad this morning and he informed about what was going on right now and that Ky would be going for an MRI later in the morning.

My outfit was very casual and dressed in an Angel white lace nude long sleeve crop top, torn extreme biker blue jeans, and white eve Giuseppi Zanotti skater shoes.

I think what pissed me off the most were the whole paparazzi in the face arriving to the hotel and coming out the SUV. It was just extremely unnecessary right now and it caused me to view them as vultures. Simply I paid them all no mind and ignored every single question they asked.

*

"So what exactly is going on?"

I looked up at Jux and Josh, who both held expressions of worrisome and didn't really look like they got much rest as well. Zizi didn't look any better; instead she seemed a bit more frantic.

"We don't know yet, he gotta' go for the MRI this morning"

"What time is it anyways?" I looked at my phone screen that read '7:31 am' "and why are we standing in the hallway? Why haven't I seen Kyrie yet?"

"Adrienne maybe you should relax a bit, you seem tense" Zizi smiled.

"Yeah, loosen up a bit" Jux chuckled. 

I gave each and every one of them the straightest face ever. Now was not the time to be playing with me and Azeena knows how I am, so I don't even know why she's even acting like this.

"Last time I checked, I didn't fly out here to see yall. I came to see my boyfriend, so all three of you move away from the door", this time my voice was serious.

Just like that, they all scattered from in front of the door and came beside me. I gently knocked on the door, only for Josh to step in saying "I have the key", unlocking it.

I allowed them to walk inside before me and once it came to me walking in I did not like the sight in front of me. Kyrie sitting around with crutches wasn't something I was expecting 

"How you feel?" I asked, looking at him

"I'm frustrated man, I have no idea what happened?" he sighed. 

"But Kyrie I remember telling you if you didn't feel a hundred percent, then don't take any chances"

"I know but I felt amazing in the beginning of the game and then this happens" He shook his head in frustration. "I won't lie, I'm very worried because it just doesn't feel right"

Carefully I rolled up the sleeve of his sweatpants and observed his leg. Indeed it looked like something that was serious and I tried not to let my mind over think for me, because I honestly started thinking the worst.

"This does not look good at all and you can't walk on it?" my voice croaked. 

All he did was shake his head and scratch the back of his neck.

"Dri you should have seen him last night, he was wobbling all over the place" Jux spoke.

I shook my head and mistakenly touched his left leg, causing him to groan in pain.

"Ouch Adge" he winced, covering his mouth.

"Oh my gosh Kyrie, I'm so sorry" I placed my hand over my chest.

Later Kyrie's father Dred, his agent Greg and a member of the medical team came by so Ky could go for his MRI. I wanted to go as well but everyone insisted that I stay back and get some rest from the long flight, but I felt I was perfectly fine.

"Adrienne can you please take a seat" Zizi looked up from her phone. "Did you forget you also have a bad leg?"

I stopped pacing back and forth and sat down on the edge of the bed, immediately growing impatient. It's been an hour and a half since everyone left for the hospital and no one has called to let us know what's going on. I was very nervous and scared because I didn't want the MRI results to be the worst.

Zizi's phone began to ring, and she looked down at it before answering. "Hello"

"Who is it?" I mouthed to her.

"Yeah we're still here... what happened?"

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"Josh" she mouthed back.

"What did he say?" I rose up a bit.

"Are you serious...? Man that's crazy... Okay, I'll tell her" she ended the call and looked at me worried.

"What? What happened? What did he say?"

She shook her head, "Kyrie's kneecap is fractured and he's expected to get surgery soon. Most likely he'll be out for three to four months"

I drew a long sigh, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, everyone's heading back to Cleveland tonight"

Though I tried to fight it, I felt myself becoming teary eyed.

"Adrienne please don't start crying. He will be fine" Azeena stood up from the couch she was sitting on and walk over to me.

"Zizi it's not just about Kyrie, but my mom too" I wiped the side of my face.

"What happened to your mom?" 

"I found out yesterday, she got diagnosed with breast cancer and now this happens" I heard my voice cracking. "Like the people I care about the most are going through the worst situations"

"Oh my goodness Adrienne, I'm so sorry" 

Tears spilled down my face and I could feel my skin growing hot. I wiped my face, and laughed to myself. "I didn't mean to cry, it's just too much going on right now"

I was starting to question a lot of things right now because I couldn't understand why those close to me were going through the worst situations. First I get a call from my mother saying she's going for treatment to cure her breast cancer and now my boyfriend of six months will be having surgery for a fractured knee cap.

This was the time where I needed to put my faith first and talk to the Lord. Something I should have done a while ago.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

85.6K 4.6K 36
Sometimes we can let our anger get the best of us ruining opportunities, friendships, family dynamics and- Love Will Klay be able to be the storm to...
134K 5K 20
"They gon stab me in my back that's what's going through my brain"
56.6K 1.2K 26
•"I'm not exactly the best driver" •"I noticed" He thought he would never fall in love again, but instead crashed into love.
39.5K 1.6K 77
Just read it 🤦🏽‍♀️