Welcome to the Queendom

By ShieldBeliever13

Chelsea was what you could say a rebel. She did what she wanted, when she wanted, how she wanted. After seven... More

Welcome to the Queendom
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twent-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Sequel

Chapter Forty-Six

481 14 1
By ShieldBeliever13

We had just arrived at The Center and were ushered in a room, but not before I caught a glimpse of Dean, Jackson, and their dad. Dean spotted me too and gave me a wink. When we stepped into our room, ten girls started to swarm us. Two girls were assigned to each of us. My two couldn't have been but a year or two older than me. One was a brunette-she told me her name was Brenda-and the other a redhead-Hanna.
We gathered into a corner and the girls got out a makeup bag.
"I don't do makeup," I told them.
Brenda dropped the bag at her side, deflated.
"Sorry."
"Well, your face looks good like that, so I guess we don't have to worry about that portion," Hanna said.
Brenda reluctantly nodded in agreement. They took my bridesmaid dress out of its clear bag and held it up for me to see.
I gasped and so did someone else nearby. I looked over and saw Madison ogling my dress. Mine was in two pieces and reminded me of my Hall of Fame dress except it was light purple and the top wasn't just a "bra" covered in lace. It stopped just below my breast and the straps were connected by see-through cloth. Madison's, however, was a strapless one piece. The waist was decorated in diamonds and the skirt was slimming, hugging her thin legs. I didn't really see what the big deal was. They had no trouble putting the skirt on me, it kissed the ground and the waist line reached all the way just past my belly button. But the top was a different story. They made a huge deal about how getting it on would mess up my hair.
"Guys, I think it'll be fine," I told them.
"Think?" Brenda questioned. "No, you can't think. You have to know for sure."
I rolled my eyes. "Just put the top on me, will you? I'll be forty by the time I make it out of this room."
They reluctantly did as told and slipped nude colored heels onto my feet.
Other than that, they put silver circle studs through my ears and bracelets around my wrist, the same color as my dress.
Madison, Linda, and Marion had on the same jewelry.
Because I'm short, the skirt of my dress covered my shoes completely, but you could slightly see the other's. Madison and Marion had on silver heels while Linda's was light purple. Besides the shoes difference, the twins were wearing the same dress. The skirt puffed out just slightly and there was a wide ribbon around their waist that made a bow on their back and lacy sleeves.
Mrs. Good didn't even have her dress on yet. They were swiping silver eyeshadow on her lids.
We were ushered out the door where we met the groomsmen. The Best Man was indicated by having a lilac colored flower on the chest pocket of his suit while Linda's was in her hair. We all knew our places. Linda and David would go out first, followed by Marion and Jackson; Madison and Dean; and me and a man that look like he had just hit thirty.
"Hi," I greeted. "I'm Chelsea."
"Henry," he replied, shaking my outstretched hand.
I looked over at Dean who was scowling at Madison's cheery face. He caught me staring and mouthed, "Sorry," while jerking his head at his ex.
"It's okay," I mouthed back.
"I've heard a lot about you," Henry said.
"You have?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah. Mrs. Good wouldn't be quiet about you," he teased with a raised eyebrow. I giggled.
"I've also seen you on TV. You're a firecracker."
"You watch wrestling?" I questioned.
"Of course," he answered as if I should already know that. "Who doesn't?"
We both laughed.
"It's an honor escorting a champion down the aisle," he stated. "I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Saturday."
I blushed. "Well, thank you."
"Daddy!"
A little girl in a short, light purple dress with flowers circling her head ran up to Henry.
"Hey, pumpkin," Henry said, scooping her up.
"Is this your girlfriend?" she asked.
Both Henry and I blushed. "No, I'm just a friend," I told her.
"Oh," she said with a pout.
As I looked between Henry and his daughter I noticed that they both had medium brown hair, blue-green eyes and Cupid's bow shaped lips.
"I'm guessing you don't have a significant other?"
"Nope," Henry said sadly. "Ran off a couple years back. But me and Taylor have been getting along just fine."
"That's good and I'm sorry to hear that."
He shrugged. "Happens to people all the time, right?"
I nodded in agreement. I glanced over and saw that Dean was staring at Henry with a frown. I held up a finger and walked over.
"Your eyes are stuck," I told him.
He cut his eyes my way. "No they're not," he said.
"They might as well be. Stop staring, it's not nice," I scolded.
"Well sorry for not liking the fact that this dude's flirting with my girlfriend."
"He's not flirting with me," I protested. "You're just being paranoid."
"I am?" Dean questioned. "Come on, the guy's totally checking you out." He subtly jerked his head in Henry's direction. I peeked at him out of the corner of my eye and saw that he was smiling at me. I looked back over at Dean. "See what I mean?"
"Okay, maybe he's checking me out a little-"
"A little?"
"-but, you have nothing to worry about. He's just gonna walk me down the aisle and that's it."
"I don't like the way that sounds," Dean said making me roll my eyes.
"Um, excuse me?"
I turned around and stared at Madison. She smirked at me. "Do you mind? The wedding's about to start and Dean has to walk me down."
"Oh certainly," I said in mock kindness. "I love your shoes by the way." I smiled at her before walking away. "I hope you fall and break your neck."

The traditional wedding song wandered out as the double doors opened. Mr. Good was front and center, unnecessarily straightening his black suit jacket and lilac tie. His party of one walked down the aisle at a steady pace. Not too fast, not too slow. I had to pay close attention to the others so that I did the same thing. Once Mr. Good made it to the priest, who was wearing all white except his tie and dress shoes, and stood to his left, Linda and David padded down next. Once they made it to the arch and split, David behind Mr. Good and Linda on the other side, giving space in front of her for Mrs. Good, Marion and Jackson went down next.
"I really think it will be fitting if you did this," I heard Madison whisper as she took Dean's arm and wrapped it around her waist.
I pretended to get imaginary lint off of the arm of Henry's gray suit jacket before Dean looked back. When I faced forward, it was their turn down the aisle and Dean's arm arm was barely brushing up against Madison's. Madison's shoulders were tense as she walked without her arm wrapped around Dean's. I had to contain my smirk.
"You ready sweetheart?" Henry said behind him where his daughter was standing, holding a basket of purple flower petals.
She nodded excitedly as Henry looked down at me and grinned. I returned the gesture.
"If you get nervous just look at me," he whispered into my ear.
I nodded and next thing you know, we were off. There were a lot of people seated there, all of them staring at us. For the past seven years people have been doing that, but there was something about this situation that made me uncomfortable. I glanced over at Henry who was nodding his head at someone from afar before he turned to me, his face cheery.
"Smile," he mouthed.
That's when I realized that my mouth had been turned down the entire time. I lifted it up and we kept our gazes locked on each other. Before I knew it, we had made it down and it was time for us to part. I exhaled.
I mouthed, "Thank you," before going to stand behind Madison.
Dean glared at Henry as he went to line up behind him.
Taylor skipped down the aisle, throwing petals over her shoulder. Once she made it to us, she waved at Henry-receiving chuckles-and sat in the second to last empty seat in the first row. The music played louder. Everyone stood and turned toward the doorway. Mrs. Good emerged with her father who, despite being very along in his years, looked as healthy and strong as a horse. The girls and I gasped. She was stunning in her white bridal gown laced with purple. It was strapless and she had silver bands along her arms. She lifted her arms and there was a light purple see-through curtain attached to them. Her waist was encrusted with lilac petals and diamonds. Even with the veil in the way, you could see her smile was the size of Texas and California combined. It was contagious and my cheeks started to hurt.
Mr. Good held out his hand and she took it as she handed her flower bouquet to Linda. Mrs. Good's father kissed his daughter's temple and stood next to Taylor.
"You may be seated," the priest told the crowd and they all say at once as if this was rehearsed.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the love of Daniella Louisa Mason and Tyler Oliver Good."
I glanced over at Dean and saw that he was paying no attention to the ceremony. He caught me staring and crossed his eyes. The corners of my mouth wobbled as I tried to suppress a laugh. When they went back to normal, I mouth, "Stop it."
He shrugged. "I'm bored," he mouthed back.
"You're parents are getting married. Be-have."
He pouted at me. I knew people were looking at us, shaking their heads at Dean in disapproval.
The ceremony seemed to take forever and as bad as it seemed on my part, I was bored as well. My ankles were hurting and my feet were getting numb. The only thing keeping me going was the smile on Mr. Good's face.
"Tyler, do you take Daniella to be your lawful wedded wife? To have and to hold, through sickness and health, till death do you part?" the priest asked.
Mr. Good grinned. "I do," he stated proudly.
"And do you Daniella take Tyler to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and to hold, through sickness and health, till death do you part?"
"I do," Mrs. Good answered just as confidently.
"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife!" the priest bellowed. "You may now kiss the bride."
An uproar sounded as the reunited Mr. and Mrs. Tyler Oliver Good locked lips. I clapped.
Dean raised his eyebrows at me and shot a not-at-all-happy smile.
"Be patient," I reminded him.
The bride, her bridesmaids, the groom and his groomsmen all piled into a limo that was waiting patiently at the entrance. Champagne was poured and everyone except for me, Mrs. Good and, surprisingly, Dean gladly took a flute.
"You okay?" I asked him, rubbing his back.
He didn't answer. He was staring at his parents as Mr. Good bent his head down to his wife's stomach, tickling it.
I laid my head on his shoulder. "He really wants to be here, Dean," I whispered to him. "He really wants to be apart of your mom's life again, and you and Jackson's, too. You can't hold the past against him when he's trying to make the present right."
"Oh, yeah. Well then where's your dad?" Dean questioned harshly. "I haven't heard you talk about him once."
That stung. I slumped in my seat. "None of your business," I mumbled, blinking rapidly to rid my eyes of tears.
Dean's face softened. "Chelsea, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"
"We're here!" Mrs. Good trilled.
I leaned over Dean and looked out the window. The sign had two blocks stacked on top of each other beside the words The Elements. It had Conference and Event Centre printed underneath. The limo whirled around back to the parking lot. Everyone climbed out and walked in through the back entrance. We were ushered into a room right across from the reception. The dance lights danced on Dean's face before he stepped through the doorway.
"Would I be wrong to ask for the first dance?" Henry asked me.
"Would I be wrong to ask for the first dance?" Dean mimicked in a quiet high-pitched voice.
I need to stop letting him influence me. I knew there was something wrong with me when I copied Madison earlier today.
"No," I told him. "Not at all."
Henry grinned. "Cool."
"So how old are you?" I questioned.
"About to be 30 on the tenth of next month," he informed.
"Well if I don't see you then, Happy Belated Birthday," I said.
"Thank you."
"And maybe I can get you some ticket for you and Taylor as a present."
"Really?" he asked skeptically.
"Yeah," I stated as if it was obvious. "I'm serious."
"Well, thanks. That'll mean the world to Taylor. She's a big fan."
Next thing you know, I was yanked back by the arm.
"Are you crazy?" Dean asked.
"Leave me alone."
"Look, I'm sorry about what I said in the limo," he told me. "I don't know what came over me and I never meant to reopen a deep wound, I just got mad because I just know my dad's up to no good."
"Maybe your wrong this time," I reasoned. "You never know unless you give. Him. A chance."
Dean jammed his fists in his pockets before turning his head to Mr. and Mrs. Good. Madison was there probably kissing their butts like the "goody two-shoes" she was.
"I just don't know," Dean mumbled. "I really don't."
He looked so conflicted. I grabbed him by his jacket and gave him a hug. He pressed his cheek against the top of my head and sighed.
"Whatever happens, just know that I'll be right there with you, okay?"
I felt him nod his head.
"The majority of the guests are here," Linda said as she walked back into the room. She gestured the bridesmaids and groomsmen out.
The reception room reminded me of the party Mr. and Mrs. Good threw weeks back. There were a cluster of tables and chairs-the tables topped with lilac colored cloth and the heads of the chairs wrapped in the same color ribbon. The whole floor was wood so they didn't have to slap a slab of it in the middle of the room and there was a long table on the other side. The two middle chairs were for the bride and groom, the four on either side of them were for each party's parents and the two chair on either side of those were for the Maid of Honor and Best Man. There was a buffet table along the back wall.
Dean and I settled at the last empty table in the corner. The plates were edged in silver to match the silverware. The placemats were white but look like an elder-who had been doing this for decades-had sewn lilac petals into them. The dance lights above the dance floor sprinkled it with purple, white and silver.
When I looked up, David was in his seat at the front and Linda was standing in the middle of the dance floor with a cordless microphone in her hand.
"Thanks you for coming this afternoon ladies and gentlemen," she began. "Please help me welcome the couple of the hour, Mr. and Mrs. Tyler Oliver Good!"
Mr. and Mrs. Good emerged into the room holding hands. Dean scowled. Mr. Good twirled his wife around before kissing her and leading her to the main table.
"Now everyone eat up and dance away!"
When Linda put the mic up, Ellie Goulding's "Love Me Like You Do," played from hidden speakers.
"Chelsea?"
I turned and saw Henry holding out his hand. I looked at Dean.
"Go ahead," Dean grumbled.
I rubbed his thigh before taking Henry's hand. He lead me out into the dance floor and placed his free hand on my waist. Jackson was whirling Taylor around next to us.
"You're pretty light on your feet," Henry observed as we danced.
"You're not so bad yourself," I replied with a laugh.
He grinned and spun my under his arm.
"Fading in, fading out; on the edge of paradise..." Ellie sung.
"I definitely have to see you again sometime," Henry said. "I flew in from Hershey. Hopefully your stop's there soon."
"We're heading there Wednesday," I told him. "But I don't know if I'm in Main Event but you might get your birthday tickets soon."
"Awesome."
He spun us around to the beat of the last chorus. Dean came up behind me just as the song was fading out.
"Mind if I cut in?" he asked, snaking both arms around my waist.
Henry politely smiled and nodded, walking away. I signed happily as he turned me around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we swayed as "Marry Your Daughter," by Brian McKnight floated out.
I giggled, finding it ironic. Dean smiled, reading my mind. He rested his head against my mine and smiled lightly.
"The only thing good about this entire thing in my opinion, is that you're here."
"Really?" I asked.
"Of course. I never would've agreed to it if it wasn't for you," Dean explained.
I smiled. My fingers disappeared in his hair. "How did we get like this?" I whispered. He shrugged. "Hard to believe it was only...." I trailed off, gasping. "Five weeks?"
He frowned. "Are you sure it's only been five weeks?" he asked.
"Think about it," I told him. "I came here March 10, It's April 19. If we're getting technical it about to be six weeks."
Dean's frown deepened. "Wow," he said. "It seems as if we've known each other forever."
"I know," I agreed. It was quiet as we came to a standstill. I stood on my tippy-toes, the heels didn't really help-and puckered my lips. He grinned and grabbed both sides of my face, kissing me. The music ended and everyone clapped.
"Let's get started everyone!" Linda squealed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 187K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
1.7M 101K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
238K 4.1K 15
Lexie Swan is Bella Swan's twin sister. Lexie stayed with Charlie while Bella left with Renee when they were three months old. The reason Lexie didn'...
140K 4.2K 50
Sequel to Amity Mikaelson. Amity goes to New Orleans to help the mother of her brother's baby, and to be with her family during her own pregnancy. Wi...