Weak

By nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 49

1.9K 79 35
By nngozi

Adrienne

Sunday, Zi and I were back in California and I was dealing with one of the most annoying situation right now. When we had arrived in Los Angeles and coming off the plane, I took a wrong step and fell on my ankle.

I had a private physician come over and check it out and informed me that I had sprained it, and will have to be on crutches for about a week or two.

This was not good news at all because finals were in exactly this week Friday. Not just that but I have so many things I need to handle and I refused to let this predicament hold me back.

"This is just great" I looked down at the pink, bedazzled cast on my right leg.

"How did it happen?" Chanel sat down on the couch next to me.

I sighed, "Coming off the plane yesterday and I didn't see the last step, so I ended up falling on my ankle"

"Damn" she giggled.

"That's not even funny"

"I know it's not funny but it's gonna' be funny watching you on crutches" she busted out laughing. "On the bright side, I'm free this week so your favorite cousin is here to assist with whatever you need help with"

"That's so nice of you Chanel, but Zizi already volunteered to help me out"

"Yeah, but Azeena isn't here right now" she smiled, placing my foot upon the pillow.

I never mentioned my injury to Kyrie but he did hear through Josh, who heard from Zizi; that my ankle was sprained and instantly called me extremely worried and making a big deal about it. I told him that I was completely fine and that I would be back on my feet in no time, and that he was the one who needed to focus on his health and preparing for these finals.

Monday, I was so drained out going from meeting to meeting and I was refusing to let these crutches stop me from taking care of business. Yes, it was a struggle because my armpits were killing me and I was growing exhausted by the moment.

"I really hate using crutches"

My assistant Jessica helped pull my chair out, so I could sit down. "Is there anything else you would like Miss. Taylor?"

"A bottle of water, please"

"Fiji or Voss?"

I scrunched my face, "Voss"

She nodded her head, before walking off and around a corner. Not too long Zizi made her way into the conference room and even took a seat.

"Where did you go?" I asked, looking over at her.

"I was roaming" she replied.

I nodded my head just at Liam and one of the executives entered and we soon began the fourth and last meeting of the day. It only lasted about two hours and around seven in the evening is when I was allowed to go.

The amount of cameras walking out the building was completely unnecessary and I was already irritated about the fact that I was on crutches, so paparazzi snapping pictures and asking questions weren't making the situation any better.

"Adrienne what exactly happened to your leg?"

"Adrienne why is your cast bedazzled?"

"Adrienne will you be attending the NBA finals?"

"Go Cleveland" I muttered, finally making it to the SUV as Ron held the back door open for me. I hopped my way inside, while Zizi and Jessica entered from the other side of the car.

"Watch tomorrow media, Adrienne Taylor leaves building on crutches" Zizi laughed.

I chuckled, "Leaves building on crutches wearing a bedazzled cast"

"Excuse me Adrienne, I don't mean to interrupt the conversation but Liam wanted me to tell you that you have to be in Houston by Friday for the movie audition" Jessica spoke up.

I looked blankly at her, "No that's not right. I have to be in Houston on Sunday not Friday"

"Actually it's Friday, because they moved the audition up"

"I thought we were going to game Friday" Zi asked.

"I thought we were too. That was the plan" I quavered.

This is so confusing. My plan was to watch my boyfriend play on Friday and then fly out on Saturday for the movie audition. I need to talk to Liam or my agent because this is not going to work.

***

"Here is your phone" Jessica handed me my phone, as well as a bottle of Gatorade once I was able to sit down.

Day two of being on crutches and I had this long meeting today with Liam about the whole movie audition and sadly I will not be able to attend game one of the finals, but I was hoping this audition wouldn't cause me to miss Kyrie play in the other games.

"Did I have any phone calls?" I asked, unlocking my phone.

"A couple, nothing really important" she answered.

"What about from Kyrie?"

She shook her head, "No, he didn't call"

"Okay, thank you" I frowned, watching her walk upstairs.

Just when I wanted to click on my twitter app, an incoming call came in from Kyrie and I couldn't help but stare at the screen before sliding the green answer key.

"Now you call me? I haven't heard from you all day" I whined, raising my right leg up.

As a girlfriend, I never want to go without talking to my boyfriend. So yeah I'm a going to be a brat about him not speaking to me today, like that's ridiculous on his part.

"Well hello to you too, and Adrienne I called you twice" he bellowed.

I scrunched up my face. "No you didn't. My assistant said you never called"

"I spoke to your assistant and she was the one who told me you weren't around to answer the phone"

"She told me you didn't call though"

"I did Adrienne. Maybe if you look through your missed calls, then you would see I called twice this morning" he chuckled.

I wasn't even going to look through my missed call log, because I knew Kyrie was telling the truth but what I didn't understand is why would Jessica lie and say he never called. She had a lot of explaining to do.

"I'm sorry" I paused, chuckling lowly. "I was really thinking you didn't call me, like I was starting to feel some type of way about it kid"

"I never wanna go a day without talking to you, and I'm not about to start now"

I licked my lips, smiling. "That's true and because of you, I probably use face time more than anyone on this planet"

"That's a good thing and how's your leg doing?" he asked, as I heard him clear his throat.

"How's my leg doing or how are your legs doing? Did you forget you have two injured legs" I laughed.

"Yeah, but I'm not the one on crutches" he joked.

"You didn't have to take it that far" I felt myself smiling.

"Zizi sent me a video of you on them and that was the funniest thing I've ever seen" his loud laugh hit my ear.

"That's not even funny" I pouted, like a small child. "Like I've never in my life been on crutches and now that I'm on them, it's hell getting around"

"I thought you weren't supposed to move around as much. Isn't that what the physician said?"

"Yeah, I was told to limit my movement but my career does not require me to sit on my ass all day and I refuse to let these damn things keep me from my daily grind" I laughed lowly.

I heard him laugh as well and we talked on the phone for another ten minutes, before switching over to face time. Our conversations were filled with nothing but jokes, laughs, and moments that really made me miss and appreciate Kyrie a lot.

It disappointed me a lot that I wouldn't be able to watch him play in his first finals but he understood perfectly and assured me that he would play to his best ability. I did however give him a talk; letting him know that if he wasn't comfortable going back out there, then he shouldn't take any risky chances and I also let him know that I'm always there for him.

*

Around evening time, I had scripts to go over for this audition on Friday. After ending face time with Kyrie, getting these scripts down packed was the first thing I did.

"I heard Kyrie called me this morning?"

"Uh yeah, he did" Jessica spoke dryly, before drinking from her caramel latte.

"So how come when I asked you if he called, you told me otherwise?" I questioned, with my eyes to glued to my iPad.

"I thought you would be too busy to speak to him"

"You thought I would be too busy to talk him?" I scrolled through the screen. "No offense, but does that sound reasonable to you?"

"Not that you were too busy, but when we came back you looked exhausted and I didn't know if you wanted to really talk to him"

I chuckled to myself, "That doesn't make sense at all, but I'm gonna' let this slide. Don't let it happen again"

"Yes, it won't and Adrienne I would like to talk to you about something"

"About? Make it quick Jess"

"Well it's about your relationship with Kyrie"

My fingers stopped scrolling and I stopped reading, "What about our relationship?"

"Well Adrienne" she paused, sighing. "I think you would be better off with someone else"

My head rose up and I stared furiously at her. "Where exactly is this coming from?"

"Well is Kyrie really with you for the right reasons?"

I looked at her, not expecting that. "We have been together for six months now, so I would like to think he's with me for the right reasons. Why would you question that?"

"Adrienne, look at you" she pointed around me. "You're a young, gorgeous African American female, multi-talented, rich, and successful. Kyrie, yes he's an athlete who happens to be rich as well but he seems kind of wild"

"Thank you for the admiration Jess, but I don't know what you're trying to say"

"You know what they say about basketball players" she sipped her drink.

"What exactly do they say about basketball players" I snapped, staring her down.

Jessica licked her lips, "Well most of them are known for having secret affairs and I did some research on him"

"Oh really? Please tell me more" the sarcasm in my voice was too evident and Jessica was an airhead not to catch it. "What exactly did you find out?"

"Well he's known for being a womanizer, apparently"

"I mean look at him. He's young, attractive, rich, and famous" I licked my lips, smirking. "And let's not forget, he's dating me. So that's just another bonus for him, what's your point?"

"My point is Adrienne, you be careful trusting him" 

"You know what Jessica, thank you for your concern" I paused and began placing my iPad in its case. "But we're good over here and like you said earlier, he's dating a gorgeous black female who has a successful career and he himself has a successful career. So shout out to Kyrie for being the real MVP, this conversation is over"

This conversation was much uncalled for, especially from my own assistant. Your job is to attend to my needs and anything else I require you to do. Do your job as that and not get involved in my personal matters.

Personally I believe I'm a passionate lover. When I start caring about someone, I really care about that individual. I'm not very jealous and I let people have their space. So it's not like I need to know twenty-four seven what Kyrie's doing or keep tabs on him. He's a grown man and not once has he ever given me the reason not to trust him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.9K 48
"You fuck my boyfriend, I fuck your brother. Checkmate bitch" **disclaimer: this book is influenced by the two books Spite; k.t. by chillxklay and Wa...
204K 3.3K 42
Imagines of Mikey πŸ₯°. Send request. Slow updates
41.8K 2.8K 21
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘π‘’π‘’ π‘šπ‘’, π‘€β„Žπ‘œπ‘Ž π‘‡π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑏, π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘ π‘‡π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘“π‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘Ÿ...
85.4K 4.6K 36
Sometimes we can let our anger get the best of us ruining opportunities, friendships, family dynamics and- Love Will Klay be able to be the storm to...