-

By Wonderwall123

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50

Chapter 37

74.7K 2K 508
By Wonderwall123

Daniel grinned devilishly at me as his face grew red. His usual quiff was shaped into a dark mohawk. He grabbed my arm and tightened his grip until he was hurting me. I cried out as I attempted to tug my arm away but he pulled me close to him and blew hot air against my face. I began to sweat as his breath became warmer with every blow. "Come." His voice sounded demonic. I shivered. I saw Polly when I looked over his unnaturally broad shoulder. She was carrying a baby in her skinny arms. Her face was wrinkly and her back was hunched. She almost looked like an old woman. The baby started to cry when Daniel's voice grew louder. "Helena, come with me." I looked closer at the baby and realized that he had the same exact face as Daniel, facial hair and all. "Let me go!" I cried out.

I found myself wrapped in Harry's strong arms when I awoke. My dazed head rested on his chest which consistently rose up and down. His bewitching green orbs were hidden beneath delicate eyelids. He was fast asleep. I smiled as I watched him.

When I first met him, I never thought I'd ever be so drawn to a snobby little imp eventhough I have kind of always found him ridiculously attractive. I hated him. I couldn't even stand being near him.

Look at me now. I was completely enamored with him. He was such a fascinating creature. I'd never once met anyone like him. I couldn't believe I used to think Harry was the villain. He'd been innocent all along.

My fingers travelled up to his jaw before tickling below it. His eyes slowly fluttered open. "What time is it? I'm hungry." He said in his morning voice which was huskier than usual.

"When are you not?" I chuckled.

_________________________________

Harry's POV

I closed the entrance door as softly as possible but my mother had already seen me. She stood in the living room with a raised brow. "Where have you been?" She questioned, crossing her arms.

"I was-"

"Slept over at Helena's hospital." Daniel interrupted, walking down the stairs. "Didn't you?"

"Is that true, Harry? Did you?" My mother asked.

"No, I was at Cody's." I lied. Daniel glared at me with fierce eyes. The bags underneath them were dark and puffy. I assumed he'd been crying.

"You didn't answer my calls or texts." My mother sighed. "I'm late for my shift. I was waiting for you to come back."

"Mum, stop worrying all the time. I'm fine." I assured.

She strolled over to me and ruffled my hair. "You need a haircut."

"No! I'm not cutting it." I protested.

"Why are you against everything I say?" She fussed. "Sometimes I wish you were more like Daniel." I scoffed at the misconception in her comment, making her fume even more. She didn't have clue about Polly's pregnancy... yet.

"Alright. I'm off." She said in a firm tone before heading out the door.

"Don't forget I'm going to dad's in two days!" I reminded her so she wouldn't change her mind about letting me go. It was so difficult to convince her.

Daniel and I were left in the living room when my mother left. The tension was nerve wracking as we stared each other down. "You..." Daniel began. "You're evil."

"I'm the evil one?" I laughed. "Whatever you say, McDanold's."

"What?"

''You know, because you've gotten Polly fat."

"Shut up. You planned this." He fumed.

"I planned Polly's pregnancy?" I questioned, throwing myself on the couch.

"I'm going to go take a paternity test in a few days and if I find out that I'm not the father, I'm taking Helena back."

"Ah, genius!" I chuckled. "But there is one little question... why would she take you back?"

"You're evil!" He repeated.

"For doing what, big bro?" I asked. "You give me too much credit." I shot him a smirk before making my way upstairs.

______________________________________

Helena's POV

I took in the sweet scent of lavender and homely amiability as I pressed a soft pillow to my chest. I looked around my floral room with a bright smile. I was so happy to be back home.

I rested against the tender surface of my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I took a deep breath. It felt as if a large weight had been lifted off my chest. The guilt I used to have was completely flushed out and I felt like a brand new person now that Daniel was out of my life.

I didn't feel sorry for myself. I stopped crying over what had happened. I wanted to start anew and forget about everything that happened, although it wouldn't be too easy.

I was distracted from my thoughts when my phone began to vibrate on my bedside table. I stretched my arm over and grabbed it.

'Back yet?' Harry had sent me a text.

'Yes. It feels so good.' I replied. 'Thanks for staying with me at the hospital btw. Was lonely. Still kind of am.'

'U've got me.'

'Yeah but... nevermind.'

'U knw what, i'm gonna get smthng for u. meet me at the skate park at 6.'

'Hahaha sure. Alrite.' I grinned to myself as I threw my phone on the bed. I wondered what he was going to come up with. Harry was totally unpredictable.

I crossed my legs and pulled my laptop over. I noticed how long it'd been since I'd turned it on. The main reason I'd neglected it was because it was filled with photos of Daniel and I. When I used to repress my confusing feelings for Harry, I felt guilty everytime I saw the photos.

I began to delete them. I cleared out the Recycle Bin as well. It felt good. I went onto my Facebook page to find that Polly had sent me multiple messages begging for my forgiveness. I couldn't even read the messages properly. Everything about her repulsed me. I hit the 'block' button on her page.

_______________________________

I let the tip of my Converse sneakers brush the concrete below as I sat on the border of a skate ramp. As I awaited the arrival of a certain green-eyed boy, I enjoyed myself watching skateboarders pull awe-inspiring tricks and moves.

"Look!" I heard Harry's voice from behind me. I glanced over at where his finger was pointing at but there was nothing.

"What? I don't se-" I was interrupted by a fluffy tail brushing past my nose. I realized Harry had placed something on my head. I quickly grabbed it off and looked at it. A small, furry kitten was in my hands.

"Like it?" Harry enquired, settling down beside me on the ramp.

"For me?" I asked, stroking the adorable creature as it purred.

"Yeah. You said you were lonely." He shrugged. He pulled his beanie off and shook his brown ringlets.

"Harry, you're unpredictable." I told him. "Thanks. I don't know what I should call it."

"Don't bother thinking. I've named it already." He grinned. "Jelly Bean."

"Trust you to think of the weirdest names." I laughed. "Alright. Jelly Bean." I ran my fingers through its white fur as it meowed against my touch.

"Helena, let's get out of here." He suddenly said, moving closer to me.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to Fleese to meet my dad and I'm playing at a gig there. Come with me." He told me.

"I don't know, Harry. When?" I asked, placing Jelly Bean on my lap.

"In two days. Niall and Zayn are tagging along too." He explained. "Let's get away. You and me."

"And Zayn and Niall." I added. "It wouldn't be just our getaway."

"Yeah but they'll be off on their own once we get to the hotel." He took my hand in his. "Come." He leant in and planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
461K 7.2K 34
Who knew that one crazy night of drinking, partying, and sex can change your life forever. Hi, my name is Rebecca and you are about to see what happe...
First Time By J C Baker

General Fiction

8.5K 658 101
Aiden, a charming but troubled teenage boy with a rough and turbulent upbringing. Emily, a naïve and insecure teenage girl from an affluent backgrou...
59K 1K 19
Miya moved from Portland OR to Las Angeles CA to attend a university. Her parents decided to move her into a local 5 star apartment building next to...