Slowly evaporating into thin...

By Kirsty-L-Heather

More

Slowly evaporating into thin air

111 0 0
By Kirsty-L-Heather

Chapter 1

The first time I ever saw him was when he was stood next to River Drava. His shaggy jet black hair was blowing in the wind, as I gazed into the water I saw that he had a perfectly sculpted body, a chiselled jaw and he was very handsome. But the thing that got me the most was his green eyes. I was lost in them they were so deep and soulful, they also had hidden knowledge. When his eyes looked right into me something moved within my soul... oh darn it was going to happen again... I was going to lose control... *SPLASH* I’d fallen of the rock that I had been sitting on, the water was freezing it was swallowing me up; I started to panic because I can’t swim... I was going to drown because I had been hypnotised by the boy’s eyes, why had I been so stupid? I should have turned away at the first chance... as I thought all hope had been lost and my breathe was slowly dying away, I saw my life flashing before my eyes... my pathetic life that I had done nothing with, there had been so much that I had wanted to do with it, I had wanted to get into art school. My father said that all artists were a load of crack heads and that I should focus on doing other things with my life... Of course I had ignored him...

And this was why I had been sitting on my rock watching the flowing river swirl around in it’s blue, green and grey whirlpool, I was drawing the river, the rocks were coated in snow. The cold crisp snow looked like icing sugar and I was fascinated... suddenly strong arms pulled me out of the stomach of the river... Ha I wasn’t going to be River Drava’s lunch today... not now and it was never going to happen again. As I came out of the water I managed to take a deep breath it burnt the inside of my lungs. I slowly opened my eyes to take a look at my rescuer it... it wasn’t him... it was a guy from the ambulance, I looked around wildly for the guy with the shaggy jet black hair and the piercing green eyes, he had vanished.. All that I had left of him was a memory; it wasn’t likely I was going to forget him in a hurry...

Chapter 2

Okay I can usually stand girls staring at me, because I know I’m good looking it’s the Greek blood that runs within my veins...but this girl was something more, she was something that I wasn’t quite ready to deal with yet. She had very blonde hair which swept past her shoulders, she was staring quite intently at me and I couldn’t stand it, she then put her sketch book to the side and knelt further on the rock. I could see what was going to happen, she was going to topple into the ice cold water, and the river was lapping hungrily at the sides waiting to digest her when she fell. She then plunged head first into the waiting river. I sprinted to the other side of the river, I was curious about her sketch book, I know that a decent guy would dive in after her but I’m not decent, I’m a one man for himself type of guy. I decided to have a look inside of her sketch book, the drawings that were inside were really good, and in fact I’d say that they were incredible. I was like a savage animal I became absorbed in her drawings; they spoke to my heart and made the ice melt. On the last page she had drawn a boy, her shading and detail were amazing, and the picture was a spitting image of me. I gently ripped it out of her sketch book and tucked it in my pocket; I then took out my phone and called for an ambulance. I then waited for the ambulance guy to turn up, he immediately dove into the river and pulled the girl up to the water’s surface, and I then turned and sprinted for the hills, I needed to get away as fast as I could, I couldn’t get the girls face out of my head. Her look of pure shock when she tumbled into the water was enough to eat my insides, I had really wanted to dive in and save her but once again I had been a coward, and left it for someone else.

Chapter 3

When I got out of the water the Ambulance guy asked me a few questions, he then pulled out of his bag a towel and a flask. I curiously asked him what was inside the flask that he was now pouring into a cup. He replied that it was PG tips 100% natural tea. He then offered it to me saying that it would warm my insides and help me thaw out. I sniffed at it cautiously, just to make sure that it was tea it smelt like tea and that was good enough for me. I took a big gulp enjoying the warmth that spread from my tongue right down the inside of my body. I instantly started to feel better, lying beside my left foot was my sketch book, and I opened it  at the page where i had drawn the gorgeous boy, only to my dismay to find that it had been ripped out, i felt torn and crushed. I wanted to scream so hard, my masterpiece had been brutally ripped out of my book! I asked the Ambulance guy if he had taken it, he said he hadn’t and i believed him. I knew that the very good looking guy was going to be in trouble, he’s now imprinted in my mind, and he’s all I think about. I have so many questions that i want to ask him. For example what’s his name? Why did he leave me to drown? And why he didn’t dive in after me? It’s my entire fault, i had stared at him too long and freaked him out, and he probably gets it all the time, i want to show him that I’m different and that I’m not like the other girls that fawn around him looking like lost puppies. I wanted to show him that i was original and that i couldn’t be replaced...

Chapter 4

That girl with the long blonde hair really did leave an impact on me; i found that my mind was occupied with thoughts of her. I was in the middle of the woods now, the orange and brown leaves lay crumpled on the floor, and I took a deep breath in and inhaled with my nose. *Sigh* I love autumn.  It’s the season where everything changes... i instantly knew that i was going to remember this autumn for the rest of my life. As i arrived at my house on the outskirts of the woods, i smelt the warm smell of risteotto, this ment that Ma, had been cooking and that i wasn’t going to get food poisoning because my little brother hadn’t been cooking. Well... i say little brother, he was actually taller than me and he’s the younger twin. As soon as i walked in through the door, Riley [that’s my twin brother] came running to meet me with his special school boy grin- the one that most girls would die to get. I grinned back and went to eat tea

Chapter 5

It was starting to get dark; the Ambulance guy packed up his stuff up and carried me towards the ambulance, i noticed that he was quite strong and that he had obviously been working out. He drove me home without a word and then explained to my father why i was late. My father did the whole oh no you silly poppet act but even the Ambulance guy wasn’t buying it. I just wondered whether as soon as the Ambulance guy had left whether he would start shouting at me. Strangely enough my father didn’t yell at me, he just simply asked me if I was hungry, I said that I was starving. He then handed me a bowl of chicken soup and then sat down to eat his, I then polished mine off at lightning speed, and then I went to wash up, I asked my father if I could be excused and he said yes. I ran up to my room clutching my sketch book, I then put it under my loose floor board- this is where I put all my important and private things. I then ran a bath and got into my pyjamas, and got into bed, as I lay in bed it suddenly dawned on me how tired I was. I shut my eyes and was immediately asleep, it has to be said that it was the best sleep I had, had in ages.

Chapter 6

That night I couldn’t sleep, I needed to know if the girl was okay. I was regretting not jumping in and saving her. Oh why was i thinking about her? I had it all, the supportive family, great mates and I was the captain of the football team. I was treated practically like royalty at school, and yet none of it seemed to matter, I was falling desperately in love with the girl; i shook my head trying to shake out all of my thoughts. I turned over, I could hear Riley’s gently breathing and it relaxed me. The next morning I woke up feeling rested. I got up and went to school in a fantastic mood, I even did a gay sort of skip, and Riley who wasn’t quite used to me being so energetic was taken back and was slightly worried at my peculiar change of mood. However he decided to just go with the flow and let me look like a total loon, I guess it’s true what they say- love makes you do weird and peculiar things... I checked my timetable to see what I had, even the thought of having English with Miss Wilberton couldn’t spoil my mood, I was on a all high I cheerfully said hello to everyone in the hall, I felt new and refreshed, I had a new form of energy even in football training I tried my hardest and tore up and down the field faster than any of the other lads. I passed, tackled, dribbled and bang I took a shot at goal I managed to place the ball neatly in the top left hand corner... The lads were going wild... We had suddenly gone from the worst football team to the best team; we were ready to play Wolverton the meanest and fastest team in our region. On the day of the match we were all pretty nervous, Riley was shaking and looked like he was going to chuck his guts up, I just hoped he wouldn’t. I was the captain and my team were relying on me to deliver them a speech that was going to inspire them and take their minds of their nerves. I tried my best to deliver a good and thoughtful speech but in the end I ended up saying let’s go and kick Wolverton’s butt. We played the game of our lives and thrashed Wolverton, the end score was 8-0. We were now the best in the region.

Chapter 7

It’s been four years since I saw the gorgeous boy at River Drava, and every day I have gone back to the same spot where he had stood. I have thought of him every day and every second of the day. I wonder what he’d be like now, I wondered if he thought of me. I have now passed my art exam and I proved my father wrong not all artists are crack heads, he’s proud of me which is a first. As I awoke this morning I knew that today was going to be different, I got dressed and ran to River Drava, there by the river was the gorgeous boy he was stood in exactly the same spot as he had stood in four years ago… Just seeing him stood there made my stomach churn. Suddenly breathing was an effort. My heart was banging heavily against my ribs. I was feeling light headed. My brain was saying please be real, I can’t stand it if it’s a dream. He walked towards me… He had a big school boy grin and my legs became like spaghetti, they were going to buckle underneath me... he ran towards me and caught me as I fell into his arms... at that moment when our skin touched it felt like an electric spark had gone off. When I had managed to stay on my feet I smiled at him, he smiled back it was then that I noticed that he had perfect white pearly teeth.

Chapter 8

I got up early I needed to clear my head so I walked to River Drava I’d been coming here every day for four years hoping to get a glimpse of the girl. I guess I’d just been coming too early, however as I woke up today there was something different the air had changed. I knew that something remarkable was going to happen today… I could feel it in my bones; it was like the shiver you get when someone walks over your grave. I arrived at River Drava and just stood there gazing at my own reflection in the water. Behind me I heard fast footsteps someone was running, could it be her? My heart skipped a beat. I turned around and there standing a few centimeters away from was the girl that I had waited four years to find. I smiled, she looked shocked and looked like she was going to faint. Her legs began to buckle she was going to collapse I ran to her and caught her in my arms. The moment she touched my arms it was as if fireworks were going off. She managed to steady herself in my arms, she looked up into my face and I looked into her eyes. She had lovely hazel eyes, I took her hand and we lay down side by side. We didn’t say anything for a few minutes; we listened to each other’s heartbeats becoming one. In the background the gushing river was lapping hungrily at the sides of the bank. She was the first to break the silence; she did this by clotting me around the back of my head with her hand. So naturally I said ouch. She turned over and gazed into my eyes, as I looked into her eyes, I saw that she no longer  had children’s eyes, she had the eyes of a young woman who’s heart had been broken, but even as she lay there looking into my eyes I knew that her heart was healing. I reached out to touch her cheek, she turned away… I then reached into my pocket and took out the drawing that she had drawn of me four years ago, when she looked at it her eyes lit up. She then whispered her name… Her name was Sapphire Rose her voice was like music to my ears…

Chapter 9

As we lay on the grass by River Drava, we listened to our hearts matching the meat of a drum. I didn’t want this moment to end; however there was anger bubbling inside of me. I clotted the gorgeous boy on the back of his head. He said “ouch” even with that one word his deep but gentle voice was like a lullaby to my heart. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, he handed it to me. It was the picture that had been gently ripped out of my sketch book, as I looked at it, it made me want to smile but instead I just whispered my name. His piercing green eyes were brighter than ever, he smiled his cheeky school boy grin and I felt my heart melt. He took my hand and put it softly to his chest; he gazed lovingly into my eyes and said that his name was Leo Valentine.

Chapter 10

Sapphire Rose, was in my arms at long last, her head was gently placed upon my chest, he blonde hair was sprawled across my stomach, as we looked up at the sunny sky, we saw the clouds shift; the clouds quickly blocked the sun and to our sorrow it started to rain, little drops at first and then the sky really opened up and let the raindrops fall. I turned to Sapphire and said lets meet here again tomorrow at the same time, she agreed to meet me and she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. I turned and bolted home. Riley was at home he was singing while he made tea, for once it didn’t look like it would give me food poisoning. I told Riley that I had finally after four years met up with Sapphire. He smiled and said “She finally showed up? And she didn’t try to kill you because you left her to drown?” I replied that she hadn’t tried to kill me yet… And that I was going to meet up with her again tomorrow.

Chapter 11

As I arrived at River Drava, Leo was already there on the floor was a picnic rug, and a picnic hamper, the sun was shining. I was happy. Leo was sat on a rock with a nice wooden guitar; he asked if he could play me a song. I smiled, I felt honored that a gorgeous guy like Leo wanted to play a tune for me; he played “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt, he said that it was cheesy and I replied by saying that I liked cheesy. He then rummaged around in the picnic hamper, he was looking for something. He then suddenly said “AHA” and pulled a blue thick rope from the hamper he also put a penknife in his pocket, the pen knife was red and chunky and it had his initials on it. He then climbed a tree and hooked the rope on to a branch; he then cut down a bit of the branch to make a seat he whipped out his penknife from his pocket and carved into the wood L.V 4 S.R forever. He then tuned the seat into a swing. Thing as it was a hot day we took it in turns to swing on the swing, Leo always went first so that he could catch me when I fell off into River Drava. A few hours had passed and we were both feeling puckish so he took out of the picnic hamper, cheese and ham sandwiches, he also bought out of the hamper two mugs and a bottle of homemade Ginger beer, we clinked mugs and said cheers.

Chapter 12

Sapphire was looking very beautiful today; I liked the way the sun shone in her hair she looked like she was enjoying herself, she kept giving me little glances but always looking away when I looked back. I heard a noise coming from within the trees so I took Sapphire by the hand and we walked together trying to find out what the noise was, not that far away from where we had our picnic, we saw a Rabbit. It seemed to be in some distress so we walked over and saw that it had its foot caught in a trap, I went and got a stick to try and pry open the trap but it was no use, it just wouldn’t budge. Sapphire who had been watching me grabbed another stick and gave me a hand with a few tries of trying to widen the trap we managed to get the Rabbit’s foot out of it and it bounced away. I looked at Sapphire and she was smiling, I stroked her cheek and then leaned in to kiss her, it was a slow kiss… But by the end of it she was trembling. I asked her if she was okay and she replied with a smile that she was the happiest she had ever been.

Chapter 13

Leo was leaning in oh my god he was going to kiss me- shut up brain!! I could see that his eyes were hungering for my lips. I took a deep breath and got ready to follow his moves, it is said that the boys lead and that the girl must always follow. So I got ready to mirror him, he put his arms around my waist, his hands didn’t slip once, he was a proper gentleman. He gently brushed up against my lips, and then he slowly eased his tongue his eager yet clumsy tongue into my mouth… his mouth tasted of spicy warm Ginger beer and that was enough to make the butter melt… after a few short moments our first kiss was over, and my insides felt like they were dancing. He asked in his deep but gentle voice [that I still couldn’t get used to, every time he spoke my heart did a weird flutter] whether I was okay and I smiled and said never better. His warm smile reached his emerald eyes and made them dance.

Chapter 14

I had never been kissed before, but kissing Sapphire had been a proper rush, it left my head feeling disconnected from my body. She really knew how to get my heart pumping. Suddenly her phone started ringing, it made us both jump, I was fascinated by her ringtone, it was the clarinet concerto this showed that Sapphire was still living in the 1790’s; it made me smile to think that music from 220years ago was still in fashion. Sapphire switched her phone off and gave me a big hug and said that she had to go. I watched her go with a wash of that well known sadness hit me and I had to sit down for a while…

Chapter 15

As I walked away from Leo I checked my phone to see who had called me, my heart skipped a beat and not in a good way either. On the screen of my phone was two missed calls from Ruby… you’re thinking hang on whose Ruby? And why I didn’t mention her earlier? Ruby is my evil twin sister… I didn’t mention her before because well… I was kind of hoping that I wouldn’t have to. If I could describe Ruby into two words it would be Dorian Gray. For those that don’t know Dorian Gray was, he was a guy who sold his soul to be forever young and beautiful. His dashing good looks hid the fact that he was really Satan in disguise… and that people would only see what was on the outside. Inside of Ruby under her amazing looks was pure evil. She was sly, clever and manipulative. What was she doing back? After Mom and Dad separated, Ruby went to live with Mom, and I got to stay with Dad. If I’m honest I was pleased when Mom to Ruby away. It ment that I could be free and that I wasn’t Ruby’s puppet who did all her nasty work, and got into a lot of trouble for it, in Mom’s mind Ruby was a saint and that butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. When I got home ruby was waiting for me on the steps. She had her black glossy hair down and it was shoulder length straightened, she had her hands on her hips and she was wearing red lipstick, the red lipstick made her lips look cruel and mean. When she saw me she gave me a false smile and said in a high pitch voice that ran right through me and made my blood turn cold, that she as cold and that she’d be outside waiting for an hour. Once inside she dumped her massive pink suitcase in the hall, if she was expecting me to carry it she had another thing coming! I took one look at it and instantly thought I’m not touching that, she can take it upstairs herself. When Ruby came downstairs she asked if I was packed. I curiously asked her what for; she replied “summer camp”. Those two words hit my brain like a hammer bashing down a rusty nail into hard wood, I asked her what summer camp and she said the one up in Bodkin, I said that I didn’t know what she was talking about. It then dawned on me that my father was dropping me off at summer camp. The thought of not seeing Leo for 3weeks was unbearable. I had no choice in the matter, all I knew was that I had 10minuetes to pack a suitcase and write a note to Leo explaining what had happened. I sprinted down to River Drava and put a note on a rock underneath a pebble to weight it down so that the clever wind couldn’t blow it away. I got my suitcase and sat in the car in silence as Dad drove away.

Chapter 16

The sun was shining, the birds were singing sweetly, it was quite cold and the dew on the glass was wet and moist. I began to walk down to River Drava, when I reached it I sat on a rock watching the water ripple and gleam in the sunlight. Next to me was a note, on top of the note was a heart shaped pebble, it was smooth to touch and instantly got warm in my hands. Sapphire had left me a note saying that she was very sorry but she was going away to summer camp and that it was last minute job. She also told me to beware of Ruby her twin sister. I sat there and thought how weird it was that we both had a twin.

On a rock a few feet away sat a girl, she was very pretty her face looked like it had been carved by angels, and however there was something dark about this girl. It was as if she was hiding something. She had dark black glossy hair that had been straightened. I walked over, she smiled at me… she stood up and walked over to me. She held out her hand and I shook it, her hand was cold and lifeless. Her lipstick was bright against her pale face; it made her look really ill. Her eyes were hazel and they reminded me of Sapphire. She introduced herself as Ruby. I said that I knew who she was; she looked quizzically at me and then smiled. I said that I was dating Sapphire, her face suddenly changed from shockingly beautiful to shockingly ugly. She then screamed out loud and did a karate kick at a tree… She then apologized; she then whispered that Sapphire always got what she wanted. It was obvious that Ruby was jealous of Sapphire. I then said that I needed to get back home, she flung herself to the ground and said “Please don’t leave me…”

Chapter 17

I had just got to summer camp; I knew instantly that I was going to hate it. Dad dropped me off and then got in the car and drove off. I was already missing Leo. My heart was aching and every time I thought of him I got a sharp pain within my heart. I was in love with him; I knew that he loved me too. I was then shown into a cabin by a tall skinny girl; she looked like she was sixteen. I told her my name was Sapphire… She laughed and then said that she was called Kathryn. She asked me if I liked drawing, and I said that in my opinion art and drawings made the world go round. She said that’s good because she found that she could lose track of time when she was drawing. I asked her what we actually did in summer camp; she replied that we drew what we wanted to.

Chapter 18

I had to take pity on Ruby... She looked a mess and I didn’t want to be the heartless guy that left a girl on her knees begging me to stay. I helped her to her feet and put her on a rock and began to aimlessly talk to her about nothing in particular… She seemed to enjoy my company; my guess is not many people spoke to her… She was quite defensive and she didn’t look like the type of girl who would let anyone in. it was like she had a thick coat of amour protecting her, now and then she’d let her guard down and then realize what she was doing and then drew it back up, stronger than before. I was really missing Sapphire. I knew that she was missing me too, or so I hoped she was…

Chapter 19

One way or another that Leo was going to be MINE! Sapphire was going to pay for bagging a cutie that definitely had my name all over him. The only problem is you can’t get someone to love you just by flashing… you had to think deeper… What was it that Sapphire had that I didn’t? We were practically identical twins except from… Our hair! Suddenly a genius idea hit me! I ran faster than a Panther on red bull… By the time I reached the shops, my heart was pounding and my breathing was heavy! When I got home I took the blonde hair dye out of my bag and applied it to my hair… I didn’t look when I was doing it… But when I had done I looked in the mirror, and staring back at me was a girl who looked exactly like Sapphire… I was her mirror image… the boy would think that I was Sapphire and he would then kiss me! I was thinking ooh Ruby my darling you are a genius… I then changed into some of Sapphire’s horrid and nasty looking clothes… I sprinted to River Drava; the wind was whipping at my hair, giving it a messy but natural look that most guys dig…

Chapter 20

I couldn’t stop thinking about Leo, what if Ruby had managed to sink her claws into my man? She could be very persuasive when she wanted to be… I just hoped for once she wasn’t plotting away to spoil my happiness, maybe she’d changed? Being stuck at summer camp in the middle of nowhere was doing my head in… I had to get out… I called up a taxi, and it came within 15minuetes it then took me home. I got into my house and had a shower and got changed. I then walked to River Drava, as I arrived I could see two people embracing, they looked like entwined serpents…

Chapter 21

I was sat on mine and Sapphire’s swing strumming away on my guitar; I wanted to write a song for the next time that I saw Sapphire. Someone tapped me on the shoulder making me jump and almost drop my guitar… I turned around, and almost jumped out of my skin, there standing before me was sapphire… she was smiling her gorgeous smile, I leapt up and gave her a big hug, I then asked her what she was doing back so soon. It had only been 4days since she had left and she had been due to come back in 3weeks time; she smiled and said that she had missed me and that she had left summer camp to be with me… I smiled and gave her a long and passionate kiss, behind us a twig snapped, I whipped around to see that there was another Sapphire oh no…

Chapter 22

My heart felt like it had been ripped out of my chest and then run over by a train. Leo was kissing a girl that looked just like me. Oh no Ruby had really gone to the extreme. She had dyed her hair so that she looked just like me. Leo’s face was pure shock he thought that he was seeing double, and behind him Ruby smiled… it wasn’t a nice smile.

Chapter 23

Oh crap, I was stood facing a Sapphire and yet around my waist was a pair of arms that belonged to as Sapphire. I felt dizzy, some trick was being played on me and I didn’t like it one bit. I then decided that the only way I was going to find out which was the real Sapphire was to ask a question that the real Sapphire would know. The question that I thought of was, what did I carve on mine and Sapphire’s swing? The Sapphire behind me said “I love Sapphire.” However the Sapphire in front said “L.V 4 S.R Forever” which was the correct answer, the Sapphire in front walked towards me tears were falling from her eyes. It then dawned on me that Ruby was behind me, I looked at her and said that she was sick. She then lunged at Sapphire, she had Sapphire up against a tree and she was strangling her. I pushed Ruby out of the way she landed on the floor with a big thump. She then looked at me her eyes showed real terror, she was really afraid of me. I told her to go back to where she had come from and to never come back. She said okay and started to walk home. I then went to see if Sapphire was okay, she was badly shaken up, I walked towards her and gave her a big hug and told her that everything was going to be okay.

Chapter 24

Leo looked shocked, he also looked very confused. His green eyes were wide open in surprise and behind him stood Ruby… he then asked a question, the clever boy was trying to work out which was the correct Ruby… The question that he asked in his deep but gently voice… What had he carved on his and my rope swing? Ruby replied “I Love Sapphire” however because I’m the real Sapphire I said “L.V 4 S.R Forever.” When I had said this he smiled his school boy grin. He then turned to Ruby his eyes narrowed and his school boy grin had vanished… he said in a low and disgusted voice that Ruby was sick. I swear I saw Ruby’s eyes flash red. She smiled… and then attacked; she was faster than a blood thirsty vampire closing in on his kill… I felt my head hit the tree, Ruby’s hands were fierce and strong up against my throat, and I was finding it hard to breath. Leo then pushed Ruby off me, his strength was brutal, and Ruby went flying, she landed on the floor with a terrific thump. She looked really scared of Leo. Leo said in a deep but strong voice, “Ruby go home and never come back.” She replied in a shaky voice that she would never come back. Leo then pulled me into his arms and gave me a long but hard cuddle. When he was holding me in his arms I felt like my troubles had gone away for the time being.

Chapter 25

Sapphire felt so good pressed up against me, her heart was pounding and her muscles were tense, but when I ran my hands across her shoulders she relaxed. I said that I was sorry about Ruby and that I had genuinely thought that she was Sapphire. Sapphire then replied “Once a manipulative cow always a manipulative cow.” She then held my hand, and said I want to show you something. I was intrigued. Every day I learnt something different about Sapphire, it fascinated me, she was interesting. We then started to walk up the hill; we got out of the woods. Sapphire was speeding up. She then blindfolded and stabled me. It was about 5minuetes of walking before she took the blindfold off, she told me not to open my eyes, but to simply open up my senses. She asked me what I heard, and I said silence except from the flowing of a waterfall, the flowing water made me feel relaxed. She then asked what I could smell. I replied Oranges and Pears, there scents combined were beautiful. She asked me what did I feel. I said I felt relaxed, safe and warm and that it was how I felt when I was stood next to her. She told me to gently open my eyes… when I opened them I found myself standing on an elevated rock underneath the waterfall, it was beautiful. On the other side of the waterfall there were hundreds and hundreds of Orange and Pear trees. The oranges were a fantastic orange and the pears were yellow, they looked rich, ripe and mellow. I looked at Sapphire and she smiled her eyes shone like a thousand stars. She then slipped her hand into mine and said that this was the only place that she loved and felt at home. She then reached up and kissed me. Suddenly this wonderful place didn’t compare to Sapphire, she really was beautiful…

Chapter 26

I showed Leo, my wonderful and mystical place. I asked him what he felt, smelt and could hear. His answers were well thought out, and I believed that they were purely from his heart. And when we kissed there was electricity on the air, and I was pretty sure I even saw sparks. It was better than our first kiss although that had been pretty amazing…

Chapter 27

Sapphire and I started walking home. The sun was setting in the sky; it looked like a burning hot orange fireball. As we passed River Drava, I said to Sapphire that if she hadn’t fallen into it, none of it would have happened… she then tore her hand out of mine and then in a cold voice she said that maybe if she did fall in again maybe her Prince Charming might save her. She then said with tears in her eyes that this wasn’t working, she then ran off into the distance, leaving me behind looking like a bewildered puppy…

Chapter 28- Listen To Carrie Underwood’s Song which is ‘Just A Dream’ Listen To This Song Right Up To Chapter 31

I couldn’t believe it. I had lost control… and I had said completely the wrong thing to Leo. The look of hurt and shock flicked across his face… I had cut him real deep. A life without Leo would be unbearable and wouldn’t be worth living. I walked back to River Drava hoping that Leo was still there, but he wasn’t. So instead of going home I lay on a comfy looking rock and watched the stars and as I watched the stars I listened to River Drava’s stomach gurgle. I closed my eyes letting the sound of the river take me far away… It is said that the land of dreams is the best place to be. I woke up the next morning to see that someone had put a blanket around me. I looked around desperately for someone, on a rock further up the stream I saw him… Leo was sat on a rock, and down his unreadable face, tears fell from his piercing green eyes, his cheeks were stained with wet lines with tears he had cried. It is said that a teardrop is 1% water and 99% emotion. I hated seeing him cry although he looked like an angel when he cried. He saw me staring at him; he walked over to me taking long but slow strides. When he got to me he opened his arms wide and hugged me tight, he then took out from his pocket a letter and gave it to me. He told me to place it on the rock that I had sat when I had first met him; he then gave me back my heart shaped pebble and placed it on top of his letter. He then said that he loved me, and that I was his world, his joy, his life… His everything! He said that he was really sorry. He then turned and jumped into the hungry jaws of River Drava. He was swallowed up by the water instantly… I screamed and then dived into the cold water; if he was going to die I was going to die with him...

Chapter 29

The hungry River Drava swallowed me as soon as i had hit the water. The water was freezing and it was enough to freeze me instantly, I wondered in years to come whether someone would find my body in an ice cube and whether they would see a boy that was never going to grow old. I heard Sapphire's heartbroken screams, and i felt the water move as she jumped in. She held me in her arms... And that was the last breath i ever took...

Chapter 30

I tried to swim towards Leo, but it seemed no use. When I eventually reached him I held him in my arms and said “Hang in there baby I’ve got you.” Leo shuddered and took a deep breath that he never exhaled. He became very limp in my arms. Oh no he was dead, I couldn’t believe that I was never going to see his piercing green eyes, and I was never going to see his school boy grin that melted my heart. Some words can never be taken back, and as a result Leo’s heart had been shattered into tiny pieces, cutting the inside of him choking his happiness. My Leo had gone and I wanted to join him. I closed my eyes and surrendered to the ever hungry River Drava… Suddenly strong arms pulled me out of River Drava’s stomach. Was it him? It was him! It was my Leo; my Leo had saved me from the starving River Drava. He carried me to the bank and laced me lightly on the ground. I smiled at him and said Leo you did it. Leo didn’t smile back, there was something different about him, and I couldn’t quite think what it was, I searched his face… and then looked into his eyes, this boy stood before me wasn’t Leo. He just looked incredibly like him minus the green eyes. Although saying that this boy had amazing blue eyes!

Chapter 31

I pulled Sapphire and Leo out of River Drava’s stomach. Leo was cold and wasn’t breathing. He had become a victim of River Drava. Sapphire was very cold but alive; I ran and got the blanket that I had wrapped her up in last night.  She lay there and searched my face, with her lovely hazel eyes. It was enough to turn a gay guy straight… she knew that there was something different about me, but she couldn’t quite place her finger on what it was. I think that she thought that I was Leo. I told her to relax and that I wasn’t going to hurt her. She seemed to believe me. She asked me who I was and why I looked exactly like Leo. I said that my name was Riley and that I was Leo’s younger twin. She said that Leo had never told her that he had a twin. She said that she also had a twin called Ruby and that she was plain evil!

I had a few things that I needed to sort out before I put my whole focus on Sapphire... I needed to think about how i was going to survive without my older brother looking out for me. Leo and I had this connection, we were twins and he understood me, he didn’t judge me or make fun of me. He just simply let me get on with my life, and he also paid an interest, he asked a lot of interesting questions and listened to the answers. Now that Leo had gone the connection was broken and I felt like a child who had just found out that a piece from his jigsaw set was missing...

I picked up the letter and stone that Leo had left Sapphire and put them in my pocket, I was going to carry Sapphire home and run a bath for her and then I was going to leave the letter and stone on her pillow. I needed to talk to Connor...

Chapter 32

I was stiff and cold and every move I took sent a wave of agony down my body. Riley picked me up, I was still wrapped up in the blanket, he asked me directions to my house, I told him where it was and he carried me all the way home and when we stumbled inside he went upstairs to run me a bath. He let me soak in the boiling hot water, it probably wasn’t very hot, but if you had given your life to a River that was always hungry then the water in my bath was bound to be hot. Riley had only given me a few centimetres of water, but it was enough to wash and keep me warm. When I thawed out and got out of the bath I went into my bed room, Riley was sitting on my bed, he smiled at me... Oh gosh he had Leo’s school boy grin, even his eyes lit up! He was so like his older brother but in a way he was also so different from his brother... I think I was falling in love again... He held my hand and said that I was beautiful and that he wanted to be with me, but he also said that he had morals, and that he wasn’t going to date his older brother’s sister until the time was right. He also said that he was taken... And he looked ashamed when he said that it was a guy called Connor.

Chapter 33

I told Sapphire that I was dating a guy called Connor... I expected her to recoil in horror and say eww! But instead she smiled and said “So you’re gay?” I said that I wasn’t, I said I was bisexual and she said so tell me more about Connor, what does he look like? And what’s his favourite hobby? I replied that he was tall, quite lanky, he had fiery red hair, he had sapphire blue eyes, and that when we were at school he was called the flame dude... He also was religious about working out and did more than 25hours a week... I told Sapphire that his favourite hobby was reading, you could give him any book and he’d read it... I called him the human library; I called him this because he could quote anything, and he could quote Shakespeare and make it sound sexy... I then said that I needto go. She said okay, and to come and visit soon, I said I would. I then called Connor and asked if i could meet him at his house he said sure, and that he couldn’t wait to see me. I went and bought some flowers, Connor’s favourite flowers are white roses, and he says that the white petals show pureness and that if you prick yourself by accident on the thorns it turns the petals red showing that you are hiding something or not being truthful... As I Reached Connor’s house I ran my hand through my hair to mess it up abit, I then rang the doorbell and waited for him to answer, he came to the door almost immediately. He was wearing a green, blue and white checked shirt and black skinny jeans, his Hugo Boss perfume smelt so good on him. The scent starts off with sherbet, and then it got creamier, then this is where the flower bomb similarity kicks in, and then it becomes sweet and orangey. It’s not overwhelming, it’s subtle and it suits him. I bought it for him last year for his birthday, I’m glad he likes it because I was worried that he might not. He said hey and invited me inside, when we were inside he kissed me and ran his hand through my hair making it more scruffy he smiled at me, his blue eyes twinkled, I handed him the white roses, he carefully put them on the coffee table. I didn’t even know why he had a coffee table he hated coffee, so it didn’t really make sense… He then went over to the sofa and I joined him he reached out and pulled me next to him, he slid my shirt over the top of my head professionally and I started to kiss his neck and unbutton his shirt… I ran my fingertips down his stomach tracing his strong six pack. I then remembered what I came here to do, I held Connor’s hand and looked him in his Sapphire eyes and said… A break up is like a broken mirror, it is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself to fix it. Connor looked at me and said so this is the end? I sadly said yes, he then jumped up from the sofa and went towards his white rose he picked it up and he accidently pricked himself, the rose then went crimson... I looked at him he didn’t look back... I then heard someone coming down the stairs... this was really odd because a Connor life on his own at the bottom of the stairs was a girl... This girl looked like Sapphire... She looked surprised to see me; she then said have you seen my boyfriend Connor? I turned around and looked at Connor his face had gone white, he then said “Ruby I’m in here.” I then whispered you cheat; Connor hung his head and said “Yes i am.” I stormed out of the door and made sure I slammed it hard, the windows of the door broke, and i was glad...

Chapter 34

Darn it, Ruby wasn’t supposed to come downstairs, I had told her to stay upstairs while I dumped Riley. She knew that I was two timing and she said that she liked it, because it made her feel like she was dating a bad boy… I at first thought it was really wrong but she manipulated me and changed my thoughts… I might as well date her, where was I going to find a girl as beautiful as Ruby? And one that wanted to date me, this is why I had been attracted to boys in the first place, no girls wanted to go near me… They said it was because of my hair, how shallow do you want to get? I could say a lot about their appearance but I chose not to. I just didn’t see why girls wanted to wear so much make up, and wear short shorts, some of the lads called them Ompa-lumpas, but that’s offensive to Ompa-Lumpas…

Chapter 35

Riley came running back to me, he was in a right state. He was speaking really fast so I could tell that something had upset him. I asked him what was wrong and he muttered something about his boyfriend cheating with Ruby. I said oh I'm really sorry Riley; I then gave him a big hug and ran my hand through his shaggy jet black hair, it felt just like Leo's hair. It was soft and light and very silky. He turned over and said that he loved me and he knew that it was reckless, because we had only just met; I whispered to him and said that I loved him too. He then gave me a big hug and held me tight, my tears fell on to his black sweater leaving it with wet marks; he smiled at me and wiped away my tears. I had found my happy ending. He then said that he had to go and that he was really sorry, I said okay and we agreed to meet the very next day to bury Leo. On my pillow underneath the heart shaped pebble laid a letter, it was from Leo. I opened it up and began to read it said...

"My darling Sapphire, by the time you have read this I will have been swallowed up by the ever hungry River Drava. I'm sorry I had to leave you but you broke my heart when we argued. My darling you should know by now that some words can never be taken back. I'll be your guardian angel I'll watch over you and keep you safe. Please look after Riley for me he's really quite sensitive and he will find this really hard. I love you Sapphire with all my heart, and as I plunge into the deep depths of River Drava's stomach my last thoughts will be of you. Please don't do anything reckless- like dive in after me... We'll meet again one day, but for now my love I must leave you. I love you forever, love Leo xxxx"

  After I finished reading this a wave of sadness hit me and I had to sit down for a while. I sat in the corner and hugged my knees and let my tears slowly hit the ground. I knew I would never see Leo again, but I now had Riley to look after and to love, and that was enough for me. The next day arrived quickly, I put my best clothes on and went to meet Riley, and Riley was already waiting for me, next to him stood a stunning woman. She had jet black hair and piercing green eyes, her skin was tanned but she was undoubtedly English this was Riley’s Mother. Next to Riley’s mother stood a tall man, he was very handsome. He had really blonde hair and dark blue eyes he was definitely Riley’s Father. Next to him dressed in black robes was the balding and slightly plump Priest. The Priest said a few words and then Riley’s dad got a shovel and started digging a hole in the soil, his facial expression was blank but there were tears in his eyes, I glanced at Riley he was shaking and tears were rapidly falling down his cheeks. I reached for his hand; he held on tight and smiled at me, as I saw the brown shiny coffin that was lowered into the dark and gloomy hole which was to be his final resting place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...