Falling for the Popular Girl

By 9forgotten

*** I wrote this when I was like..14/15 and personally don't think it's one of the better works I've done bu... More

Chapter 1- School Project
Chapter 2- Soccer Game
Chapter 3- Game Time!
Chapter 4- Horses
Chapter 5- The forest
Chapter 7- Dinner and a random horror movie
Chapter 8- Confessions?
Chapter 9- The Mall
Chapters 10&11
Chapter 12- The Sunset
Chapter 13- Could it really be love?
Chapter 14- Playing Games
Chapter 15- Heading home
Chapter 16- Welcome to Hell
Chapter 17- Meeting Eve
Chapter 18- A visit to the past
Chapter 19- Queen of Poisons
Chapter 20- It's Time To Change
Chapter 21- RIde in the Woods
Chapter 22- Midnight and the stranger
Chapter 23- Back to school
Chapter 24- Library/Book Store Encounter
Chapter 25- Lost Child
Chapter 26- Thunderstorm Terrors
Chapter 27- Back to School and Threats
Chapter 28- Mistakes Made
Chapter 29- Regrets?
Chapter 30- In trouble now
Chapter 31- Gone
Chapter 32- Coming to Conclusions
Chapter 33- A new puzzle
Chapter 34- Second chances
Chapter 35- What now?
Chapter 36- The dreaded visit part 1
Chapter 37- The dreaded visit part 2
Chapter 38- The work office
Chapter 39- From me to You
Epilogue Chapter 1 - Where's the good in Goodbye?
Epilogue Chapter 2- Facing the World Together
Author Notes

Chapter 6- Meeting Jessica's Parents

93.9K 2.3K 757
By 9forgotten

*EDITED*

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee's POV

When dawn broke, I woke up feeling a mix of coldness and warmth. Twisting my head around, I looked for the source of the warmth and saw Jessica right up next to me, sound asleep. A blush covered my cheeks once again but at least this time she wasn't awake to witness it. Leaning on my arm, I picked up some more random wood and tossed it into the fire to start it up again. Once that got going again, I lay down again, pressing against Jessica a bit as I dozed off once more.

The second time I woke, I found Jessica sitting up in front of the fire, just looking at it with blank look. Yawning, I sat up while rubbing my eyes, getting rid of the sleep. "Hey, you okay?" I asked sleepily. She looks over at me tiredly "I'm cold, tired, hungry and I wanna go home" she says. Sighing, I flop back onto my back "I know how to get home-" "Great! let's go!" she shouts jumping up with mock enthusiasm.

"I gotta put the fire out first" I say sitting up again and starting to throw dirt on the fire to kill it. "Come on! I wanna get home and start this project already so we can finish it already!" she snips, her bratty side coming forth. I scowl "Hold your damn horses princess" I snip back sarcastically.

Kicking up more dirt, I put the fire out as fast as I could while taking my sweet time. Once done, I checked it again to make sure there was no chance a forest fire would start up. In reality, the chances of that happening were processing 0% but she was annoying me so I was taking my sweet time.

She stood there impatiently like the little priss I knew she could be. Smirking slightly, I turn around and start walking back to her house. "Let's go princess" I mutter walking past her. She doesn't react right away but jogs to fall in step with me a Moment later.

The walk is quiet and slightly awkward but not totally uncomfortable. After some time, Jessica speaks up some "I'm sorry about your Dad and brother...". I glance over and see her looking at the forest floor "t's fine, I'm over it" Lies. "So it's just you and your Mom?" she inquires curiously. I nod once "Yep, just me and the bitch" I confirm. Jessica's expression was something to laugh at and if I didn't have any self control, I wouldst just burst out laughing right then and there.

"What?" she asks as if she wasn't sure she herd me right. A shrug rolls of my shoulders "You herd me" I answer, ending that topic. A fence came into view a Moment later and two horses stood outside of them, just grazing happily. Jessica spots them and run over swiftly, hugging them both. Walking up to them, I pat their noses softly "How long have you had them?" I asked as we led them back to the barn. "Since they were foals" she answers as we unsaddle them.

Giving them a through but quick rub downs, we put them in their stalls with a batch of hay before exiting and walking around to the front of her house. "You have hay in your hair" she says sounding quite amused as she reached up and pulled some hay from my hair. I blush slightly "Oh, I didn't know that was there" I say watching it fall. She laughs "I wasn't going to say anything but...oh well" she says amused. Rolling my eyes, I look up at her house "I'd say I'm going home now except my things are still in your room..."

Jessica sighs and nods, leading the way up the front steps "Might as well get this over with, Mom is so going to chew me out" she mumbles. I wondered what kinda parents she had. Were they nice? Mean? Super friendly? Guarded? Pets? Siblings?

The door swings open before we can knock on it, hell we were still several steps away from it. "Jessica Teresa Night!" a woman yells down the steps looking pissed as hell. I watch as Jessica's step falters slightly "Nice to see you too Mom" she mutters walking up in front of her. I on the other hand walk up confidently and stop just behind her.

"Where were you last night!? Your father and I were worried sick!" she demands hugging her daughter in a tight hug at the same time only to push her back at arms length and glare at her. "Ahem, excuse me. Hi, I'm Kaylee Scott." I say introducing myself politely, pretending their little spat wasn't even going on. Her mother smiles warmly at me "Hello Kaylee, I'm Anna Night and this is my husband, Robert Night" she says as a man walks up behind her. Shaking their hands, I introduce myself to him again with an easy going look before Mrs. Night starts to chew her daughter out again.

Somehow, we end up in their living room and once again, I'm blown away at how big was at this house. Listening in for a few Moments, I looked around curiously. "Excuse my interruption," I say turning to the two parents "but if you need someone to blame, direct your blame at me. Your lovely daughter invited me over to work on a school project after our district soccer championship game today but I got distracted by your beautiful horses. We went riding and got a bit lost in the woods, I got a bit curious on what was out there but my horse got spooked a bit and so we got very lost. We didn't make it out until this morning" I say calmly. Her parents looked a bit flustered and surprised for a long Moment before reacting.

"Lost? Oh my poor baby girl! Are you okay? Did you eat anything last night? I hope you didn't get to cold! It was cold last night, are you okay? Oh my poor girl" she frets, completely forgetting about being mad. Jessica just nods and answers all her mothers questions while being smothered in hugs and kisses. Nevertheless, her Mom dragged her off to feed and make sure she was okay.

Her Dad turns to me a Moment later with a curious look "Soccer you say? How'd the game go?" he asks curiously. "Yessir, we won, 3-2." I answer turning to him with a smile. A huge smile crosses his face as he pats my shoulder "Congratulations!" he says, voice booming throughout the huge home. "This calls for a mini celebration! What position do you play?" he asks pulling me into the kitchen.

"Pretty much anywhere, it depends who I work with that particular week. Usually forward but I'm compatible with the other positions as well" I respond sitting down at the island. Mr. Night nods holds up a wine bottle "You drink? And what do you mean by work with and all? You the captain or something?" he asks pouring some wine into glasses. I nodded and picked one up "Yessir, thank you" "Robert! why does our guest have wine!?" a female voice shrieks from behind us.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw Jessica standing in the door way with her mother who look appalled. "A celebration for their win of course!" he says raising his glass. His wife just gives him a blank look "Okay?" she says looking confused. Tapping my glass against Mr. Night's glass, I took a sip and smiled "She doesn't know her sports to well. I used to play soccer when I was a lad" he clarifies. "Ah, no worries. You've got your love for sports and she's got her elsewhere" I remark sipping my glass again.

"Oh, I forgot to ask if you're of age?" he says suddenly. His wife smacks his arm with a scowl and the roll of her eyes. "Ah no sir but I've had my fair share and my Mother doesn't really mind" more like doesn't care but whatever. Mr. Nights nods and put the wine and cups away once we were finished.

Looking around again, I noted how nice it really was. It was big and sunny, lots of windows and such streaming in. They had a back deck that looked over their huge yard. Very fancy indeed even it it was probably simple by their standards.

Sitting back in my seat, I watched the three of them interact and talk about whatever. I kept my mouth shut and just sat there half listening, half watching. I envied Jessica, her family was a real one. They all loved each other, they all cared and they all were happy. The angry jealous part of my mind was wondering why I couldn't have that? I bet they don't even know what true suffering was or what it was like to be without money and riches all the time.

"Looks like Jess has an admirer" her Dad suddenly says, breaking me from my thoughts. Blinking, I realized I'd been just starring at Jessica the whole time. Both our faces lit up on fire as our gazes turned to the floor. "Sorry, I happened to zone out while looking in her direction" I say smiling awkwardly. Her parents just laugh "Ignore him, he likes to tease people all the time." Mrs. Night says shaking her head with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Dad is weird like that. Well we have a project to start. Kaylee's staying over, again. See you later!" Jessica says jumping in quickly. With a quick smile to her parents, she grabbed my hand and started to drag me off. "If you'll have me that is, don't want to intrude!" I say as I get pulled away. "Of course, we'd love to have you!" her mother says while her Dad gives us this look. "Aww you girls are so cute together!" he Dad says. "Alright! That's enough! Bye guys!" Jessica says pulling me away from the kitchen.

Once far enough, Jessica lets me go and slows down to a normal walk. I notice a faint blush on her cheeks and tip my head curiously "What was that for?" I ask. "They're so embarrassing, this is why I never bring people home" she mutters shaking her head. I only laugh and follow her as we make it back to her room "Well, they just love you that much" I say with a faint shrug. "Which by far is is way better then my jacked up family" I muted under my breath. Glancing back at me she raised an eyebrow "What'd you say?"

"Nah it's nothing. Let's get to work shall we? We've missed a day and a half now. Not that others will be working the weekend but whatever" I answer. Sitting down on the floor, we look at her notes and start mapping out what we wanted to do for the project. That alone took nearly an hour and then gathering supplies took another half hour.

Conversation flows smoothly as we talk about whatever came up, chatting like we'd been friends for years. Her Mom comes in now and then, checking in and then bringing food and drinks for us.

"Your parents are so cool" I remark as I much on a cookie and watch her work some. She only shrugs "I guess, they can be a pain often enough" she answers not looking up fro what she was doing. "All parents can be pains but they're like that because they love us" or should. They should be all kinda and loving and suck towards their kids but clearly that doesn't always happen.

"Hey stop just sitting there! Come help me you lazy butt!" Jessica snaps with a glare. "What ever say princess" I answer, teasing her lightly as I finish my cookie up. Lying on my stomach next to her, I grab a blank sheet of paper and picked up a pencil, twirling it between my fingers as I watched her work. "What am I drawing again?" I asked looking over to see what she was doing.

She scowls at me and I just smirk "Kidding, calm down princess" I tease as she turns her attention down to the blank paper. Picking up my pencil, I touch it lightly against the paper and gets to work on drawing a few things that needed pictures to go with them. My attention becomes so focused on the work, I doesn't noticed two pairs of eyes looking over my shoulders as I drew.

"You're an amazing artist"

I jump slightly and see Jessica's Mom and Jessica behind me, her Mom wearing a cries smile. "Thank you, it's just a little hobby I have" I answered with a slight shrug. Her Mom gives me a skeptical look "A hobby? Surely you've taken classes?" she inquires. Shaking my head, I sit back some, twirling the pencil around in my hand. "Nope" I answer with a faint shrug.

My gaze slips past the two as they peer at my drawing, finding a clock on the bed side table. It was about 5:30. Hm, guess I zoned out for a good 45 minutes...

"Well, I just came up to say dinner will be ready at 6" she says before heading out. Jessica nods, "Sure thing Mom, we'll be down" "Thanks again for having me" I call as she walked out. Stretching my limbs out with a long yawn, I glanced over all the work we'd done. We were working on making a presentation on the Second World War. It wasn't to hard really, there was just a lot of information we had to compact into one thing.

"So...I guess I'm staying over?" Jessica nodded "Yep, you are. The more we get done now the easier it will be when we put it all together" she answers. Nodding I stand and shuffle towards her door. "I'll be right back, gotta grab a few things. Oh and I'll take this bag back too..." I say grabbing my sports bag with a smile.

Navigating the halls briskly, somewhat knowing the house better then before, I made it outside and onto the streets. Looking around, I found I was only a few blocks away on the other side of the deep woods. Arriving at my home in about 10 minutes, I quickly toss stuff in the hamper, grab the things I needed for the night and double checked everything.

Once I had everything, I slung my bag over my shoulder and locked the house up before jogging back to Jessica's house through the woods. To say I was a bit excited would be quite an understatement. My excitement levels were way higher then I'd ever care to admit but I couldn't really help it. It was making me nervous some but nothing I couldn't handle!

Arriving back at the house at exactly 6, I rung the door bell. Her Mom answered with a warm smile and welcomed me back inside where I set my things by the stairs before following her into the dinning area.

Everything was all set up and ready to go. Surprisingly, it looked as normal as you'd picture any family dinner. There weren't any candles, no chandeliers or fancy plates and silverware. It didn't give off the 'I'm-super-rich-let-me rub-it-in' kinda vibe which was pleasant, it was very home-y feeling.

"Thank you again for having me Mr. and Mrs. Night" I say with a smile. "You too Jessica. This is great, you guys are like the family I'll never have" I say, my mind not registering what I said right away. Thankfully, I only get a strange look and smiles "Oh it's no problem. You're welcome over anytime. Right Robert?" "Of course! You're one of the better friends Jess has brought over" he remarks with a chuckle. "Dad!" Jessica scolds with a scowls. "I'm honored you think so highly of me" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.2K 19
Riley, Maya, and the rest of their friend group are finishing their sophomore year of high school together. An overnight history field trip seems sim...
17.8K 588 33
"Megan tastes alcohole and smoke, but I don't care. Clichè I know. But the tension is light. She reciprocate it. Suddenly Megan breake it. It is ov...
720 5 18
Dee has always been that one weird kid. Nerdy, clumsy, awkward, has anxiety and hiding big secrets. When her older brother Patrick starts dating a gi...
6.7K 681 32
Hecate's life was turned around when Nyx and Devin took her in. Going from basically feral to completely functional was a task in itself, but she cou...