MR. HOODIE IS MY NEIGHBOR

By sunshines_sunset

..𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓼... More

Authors note
Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Road trip
Chapter 2: Shirtless thief ?
Chapter 3: what a strange day!
Chapter 4: Sandwiches
Chapter 5: Smile
Chapter 6: kiss
Chapter 7: A walk from Walmart.
Chapter 8: Encounter
Chapter 9: Tingle
Chapter 10: Mission!
Chapter 11: Asshole
Chapter 12: Party
Chapter-13: Scrunchy
Chapter 14: Green hoodie
Chapter 15: Movie night
Chapter 16 : The album
Chapter 17: Bully
Chapter 18: Face mask and Flutters
Chapter 19: Boobs?
Chapter 20: New girl
Chapter 21: Daisies and Kisses
Chapter 22: Somber things
Chapter 23: Lost and cuddles
Chapter 24: Rollercoaster
Chapter 25: The Match
Chapter 26: Broken
Chapter 27: Regrets

Chapter 28: Realization

182 8 2
By sunshines_sunset

"Vivian! You are zoning out again!" Lily snapped her fingers making me come out of the trance.

"Sorry... I just... I was just thinking." I reply shaking my head trying to stop thinking.

"Thinking about what?" Ava asked as she walked towards us with two cups of coffee.

She placed one in front of me, I quietly thank her.

"Nothing special, just a few things. Anyways, we should go to shopping, shouldn't we? " I ask trying to change the topic.

"We will go to shopping. Now answer my question." Ava questioned me. Her eyes hardened and i knew not to piss her off.

"From past four days you've been so silent. I swear you've never been this silent. Talk to us Vivian! We are your friends, we need to know!" Ava's voice rose, I pressed my lips into a thin line.
"You are still thinking about that goddamn party, aren't you?" She shook her head.

"Ava! Shh.." Lily silenced her.

"Listen, Kyle is a asshole! Okay? You liked him so much and he pretended to like you too! I still remember the time you were drunk! He indirectly confessed that he liked you and now he goes kissing that bitch as if your feelings don't matter?! I swear to God, I will punch him in his balls the next time I see him!" Ava bursted. Her face was going red slightly which concerned me.

"Okay, alright. Please calm down! We're in public, remember?" I explain as I pass the water bottle to her.

She drank a few sips and we fell into silence.

I stare at my friends and feel guilty for ignoring them from the past four days.

Honestly, I didn't want to talk about it.
But now I feel like I should. Mom and dad are quite worried about me since the night Alex dropped me home.

They tried to talk to me but I didn't want to. I even skipped school which made them even more concerned.

"I am sorry for making you guys worry. But I just wanted to be alone and think about it." I break the silence.

"Its okay, Vivian. I understand, do you want to talk about it now?" Lily asked softly as she rubbed my hand tenderly.

"Well, just making it clear that it was Kimberly who kissed kyle. Not the other way around. I don't know I felt so hurt that I wanted to go out. I felt suffocated watching them." I spoke,

I felt so pathetic.

"I am okay now!" I laughed. But it didn't sound real. I stopped laughing when I saw the expressions of my friends.

"I will be okay..." I correct.

Ava sighed, "I am sorry, Vi for snapping and getting pissed. I was concerned and you went silent. It made me frustrated." I smile at her, a genuine one and waved off saying that it was okay.

"But honestly, I thought Kyle liked you. He was affectionate and the way he looked at you...." Lily trailer off and watched me and then continued,
"He looked at you as if you were the only person worth watching and that nothing matter. I sometimes thought he forgets that everyone are present around him when he looks at you."

Lily's words felt heavy. I gulped and looked away.

"But turns out he was an asshole! No offense, vi." Ava shrugged.

"None taken," I reply.

"I swear I'll punch him hard whenever I see him. If you want to I can do much more-"

"We kissed." The words spill out of my mouth and Ava stops talking and Lily chocked on the coffee.

"What?" They ask in unison, as if they didn't hear it right.

"Me and kyle. We kissed." I repeat. My voice slow and softer.

"WHAT?!" They yell in unison again, this time in astonishment.

I rub my neck awkwardly. I hadn't told my friends about this and like I thought there reactions were what I expected, if not then more.

"Vivian Collins! Are you serious?! This isn't any of your depressed jokes, right?" Ava banged her fist on the table making me jump and many people turned towards us.

"Shhh... We are in public!" I remind again, "And no. I am not joking."

Their eyes become as wide as saucers and I smile.

"When did that happen?! Spill! I want every single detail of it!" Lily asked with excitement making me sigh.

"Do you remember that time we had sleepover at your house, lily. We watched movies and Cassandra had a date so she left," I ask and they both nod. "Well, I was upset and kinda angry with Kyle. I even took a day off from my tutoring classes and that too without informing Kyle..."

"Don't tell me you had your freaking first kiss that long ago and hid it from us!" Ava scoffed dramatically and Lily nodded in agreement.

"Sorry, I was a bit nervous and excited to tell you guys."

"Hmm... Continue."

"Then, Kyle texted asking me where I was, I told him I was in your house and he came." They gasp and I smile,
"He stood at your window and asked me to jump down and I did. We had a few talks when I confessed that I wanted to kiss him but couldn't, so he kissed me." I finish and my friends reactions were worth watching.

Ava's mouth was left open while Lily squealed.

"Oh my goodness! Don't tell me you both kissed under the sky at midnight. And you jumped out of the window just to meet him!?" Lily giggled.

"You could've used the door. Cassandra wasn't there, remember." Ava asked which broked Lily's delusions.

"Well, you are not a heavy sleeper so I don't know. Opening the door and going outside sounded risky." I reasoned and Lily agreed with me saying it was romantic.

We talked for a few more minutes until I decided that I should go back home. I bid my friends goodbye and walked towards home.

It was quite chilly but I had a hoodie. The streets were empty and silent which was not that unusual. I walked towards my door but as I passed from Clara's house I heard loud voices.

It sounded as if someone was yelling and then I hear the sound of things falling. I wince and enter my house.

Mom was cooking and dad was helping her. They rushed towards me when I entered the kitchen.

"Sweetheart, you are back? How was your day?" Mom bombarded me with questions making me smile.

"It was good. Lily and Ava told me what happened in school. You know the typical dating gossips. It was nice talking to them." I reply and mom sighed.

"I am glad, honey." She kissed my forehead and hugged me, I hug her back and dad joined the hug and squeezed us making me laugh out.

"Dad! I can't breathe!" We all laughed and then sat down for dinner.

"Uh.. Did you hear from the guy next door?" Dad asks and I stopped chewing. My parents didn't know anything.

"Nah, why? Is something wrong?" I question and mom shifts awkwardly.

"I heard loud yells. I wanted to go over but then again, it's their family matters. I'll probably go and ask Clara to go with grocery shopping with me." Mom's words made me uneasy.

Something's definitely wrong.

"Sure! That would be good." I agree and ate as we discussed about my parents work and what funny things happened today.

My father is a well known lawyer while my mom is an interior designer.

"Dinner, was amazing! Thanks!" I appreciate and kiss them good night after I was done washing my plate.

I walk inside my bed and something was missing. I couldn't figure it out.
I felt uneasy so I thought of taking a long bath before going to bed.

I spent the next one hour inside the bath tub and once I was done I wore my night dress and climbed the bed.

I should go to school tomorrow, I thought and as soon as my head hit the pillow my phone buzzed.

Ava: Vivian? Did you watch the news?

Me:  I didn't. Why?

Ava: Its important. Watch it.

I furrow my eyebrows confused and walked downstairs. My parents were still up and as I walked down I hear the news reporter.

"It was reported that the 18 year old is missing from the past 4 days, and that he had been to a party which he never returned from."

"It was also noticed that from the past 1 year, Mr. Alister Lewis's son was away from his family."

"The famous hockey player won his first championship at the young age of sixteen and since then he wasn't seen participating in any of the competitions."

What was even going on. I walked closer to my parents and they looked at me concerned.

I heard carefully as the reporter continued.

"The death of Asher Wilson is still a mystery."

"The police is still investing about this case, and according to officer who was involved in the previous case of Asher Wilson, says that Kyle Lewis was the childhood friend of Asher. And that there is a huge connection between these two cases."

"We hope that the young teenager, Kyle Lewis is found soon. Our deepest condolences-"

The further words of the reporter were blocked.
I stood still unable to move as I processed what I heard.

Kyle Lewis.

Kyle was missing?

He has been missing since the party three nights ago?

He is a famous hockey player...

He was missing.

The words of the reporter ran in my mind and I looked at my father who sighed.

"Kyle Lewis? As in the Kyle who lives next door?" I whisper and my dad nods slowly.

"No! That can't be! I-i freaking saw him with my own eyes! He sat opposite to me as we played in the party! I saw him as he kissed her-" I stopped talking and tears brimmed in my eyes.

I blinked my eyes constantly trying not to cry but couldn't.
I broke down hysterically and my dad hugged me.

"I am so sorry, love. It'll all be okay... He'll be found and he'll be okay." Dad's words were meant to give me hope but instead I cried harder.

Kyle is missing from past four days and I didn't even know. I was so much hurt that I switched my phone off. I didn't want to talk to him.

I have a feeling that Kyle was going through something. I wanted to cheer him up so that he has hope that it will all be alright. I started to fall for him though he didn't speak.
His eyes spoke a lot.

I missed him a lot since that night but didn't want to tell myself that.

I missed his green eyes.

I missed the moments we had spent together.

I miss him. I miss him so much.

Sobs after sobs left my mouth and after letting it all out I went quite. My dad didn't let me go and he rubbed my back soothingly.

"Vivian, we will find him okay? I have a good friend of mine who can help." Dad's words made me better and I nod.

"Please don't cry, sweetheart." He wiped my tears away. I nod again and sniff.

"Thanks dad." I whisper and he gives me a sad smile.

"You must be tired, go to bed. Alright? I love you, my dearest." He kissed my forehead.

"Love you too, dad." I whisper.

Mom walks towards me. Her eyes slightly red. She kisses me and hugs me in a comforting manner.

I walk upstairs to my room and Ralph follows me.

Taking my phone out I start typing. I didn't know where Kyle was or what happened to him but the least I could do was help.

Me: I want to find Kyle.

Ava: I am in

Lily: but what's the plan?

Me: first, we have to find where Kyle     left after the party.

Kyle was hiding something big and I wanted to find that out.

I quickly google - ALISTER LEWIS.

Alister Lewis, the owner of a multimillionaire company.

His wife, Isabella Lewis

Children, Kyle Lewis, grace Lewis and Winston Lewis.

I scrolled more and came across a picture of the Lewis family. The picture was taken nearly 3 years ago.
I stare at Kyle, he had a big smile on his face and his eyes shone.

Then there was another picture, it was Kyle in his jersey in the rink and next to him was a boy who looked familiar.

I narrow my eyes and try to remember where I had seen him and then Clara's words echo in my mind from the day when I saw the album.

"He was an old friend of Kyle."

My eyes widened as I realized, he was the same blonde guy from the album.

He was none other than Asher Wilson.

I quickly check his bio-data and read the articles which had been posted one year back.

Asher Wilson found dead.
Asher Wilson burnt alive?
Asher Wilson's death remains an unsolved mystery.

Asher Wilson dead at 17 years old. The famous hockey player found dead in the abandoned areas in the borders of Washington.

I sit for an hour but one article caught my attention. I stare back at the screen as I read it.

Asher Wilson involved in drugs?

Nothing held me back except for the question mark in the end.
Every single article had the same news while this one had mentioned drugs.

Drugs
Drugs
Drugs
Drugs
Drugs

Kyle was doing good and nothing seemed to trouble him.
He always looked tired but from the past one month he looked better.

The dark bags under his eyes were gone.
His food habits were also changing.
His eyes weren't red.
He didn't seem pale like he always did.
The puffiness also gone-

Drugs

My eyes widen and I slap my hand over my mouth.

Flashback

"Hi Kyle. " I greeted.

My smile fell when he didn't respond. Maybe he didn't hear me properly.

"Hi Kyle! " I said once again.

He looked at me and my eyes widened when I saw his face.

Dark bags covered his eyes and he looked very pale and tired. The exhaustion in his face was obvious making me concerned."

Drugs

Realization hits me hard and I breath hard.

The pale face
Puffed eyes
Redness
Exhaustion

All these were signs of intake of drugs.

Kyle was taking drugs?

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Bam! What just happened?!
I won't leave you guys on cliff hanger, next update coming soon.

So stay tuned!

VOTE.
COMMENT.
SHARE & FOLLOW.

THANK YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 1.3K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
797 118 25
"You say you love me, yet you try to rip me apart limb by limb. I may not break easily, but the way you keep wearing me out all the time - well - I m...
416K 17.7K 75
The corner of his mouth tilts upward slightly. I smile again. A smile!? A tiny one, but still. "Hm. So I got you to smile, that's progress, yeah? Can...
1.4K 51 22
"Fuck you, Springs" - he spats "In your dreams, Henderson" "How'd you know?" - he replies, with a smirk on his face. Jade Springs only had one goal...