ɪʟʟɪᴄɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀꜱ • ʀᴀꜰᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏ...

By delicatessss

Rafe Cameron's love and obsessions. JJ Maybank's issues and recklessness. Rafe Cameron x OC x JJ Maybank. More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛꜱ
𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ

𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼

437 7 0
By delicatessss

RICHARD GIVES HIS FRIEND a look, almost like he didn't believe him but there's no way for Ward to lie to him or even playing around about this.

The two Kooks meeting up early this morning after their done with breakfast, Richard straighly drive from his house to the Tanny Hill as soon as he's got a phone call from Ward saying that he's got another lead for the gold.

And here he is, sitting once again inside his office facing the man who is standing up while pacing around while muttering the information out for him to know.

"You sure you heard it right?" Richard looking up to him from his chair, trying to get a confirmation from his friend.

"Very sure. I heard it loud and clear" Ward confirmed, nodding his head.

"And you're very sure of this because--?" Richard trailed it off, pushing for Ward to spill more to him just so he can believe him more.

He knows that Ward won't play about this, but he's still need something more than just he accidentally caught Sarah and John B talking about the gold.

Maybe they just randomly talking about something that happened to be similar enough to the gold. Maybe Ward just heard half of the conversation and put up the conclusion for it.

"They were walking through the back garden when I was at the kitchen and I saw them talking so I pushed the window open slightly to listen to them" he explained to him "I can hear them talking very clear"

"And you heard they mentioned about the gold?"

"Yeah. Something about they got mud on it and all when he found them, they also mentioned about 400 millions dollar" he continues "Im pretty sure that they didn't randomly talking about that much amount of money if it's not about the gold"

Richard pursed his lips, running his fingers through his face when he heard about the amount "Holy shit--" he mutters "400 millions of them and those kids found it?"

"I know" Ward states "We're gotta get those information out from them before it's too late. I can't let some random Pogues kid get their hands on the gold before us"

"At this point, I'm pretty sure they already got their hands on them before us" Richard exclaimed "How can a group of teenagers beat us for it?"

Ward starts to move around again "They got that John B kid on their side. His old man might tell him a thing or two about the gold, it's not that hard for them to find it if they got all the information laying right in front of them" he said.

Richard nodded his head, that makes sense too. The only reason why them get so far for the gold is because of Big John, he did all the searching and digging for them. When he died, they pretty much reached the dead end.

All those luxuries went down to the ocean along with Big John and they never thought they can bump into another open opportunity for it again. They definitely not going to let this chance away, not again.

"So, what did you got in your mind?" Richard questioned him again, watching his friend still pacing around his office out of his nervousness "We can't just force them to give the information out, that's not gonna work"

Ward stop pacing, turning his head to face his friend "I already got something in my mind" he mutters.

Richard can't help but to smile "Ward Cameron, the man you are. Always got something in his mind"

"That's how you get everything in line, pal. Always get your mind working, it's part of the business too"

Richard roll his eyes at the big words from Ward "So tell me, what did you got inside those big head of yours? What can I help with it?" he continues.

Ward pursed his lips, shoving his hands into his pockets "I asked John B for a fishing tomorrow morning, first light" he said "I heard they got a plan tomorrow, so I think I can slow them down for awhile with it"

"Fishing? Really?" Richard gives him a look, literally judging the plan "And then what? You're gonna push him down into the ocean too like you did to his daddy and lost all of our opportunities again?"

"Can't you just listen to me? I didn't see you give me anything useful for it"

"I thought it would be something better than taking him for a fishing trip"

"Fine, did you have anything better in that big head of yours other than taking him to a fishing trip?" Ward sarcastically said to him "Because you're not helping at all here by complaining about it"

Richard beamed at his friend when he's got all worked up and defensive just because he commented on his plan.

"Damn, I'm joking. Why are you so pressed?" He teasingly said.

"I've got no time for you to play around. This is a serious matter, I don't want those gold to fall at the wrong hands. Especially not to those kids"

"Fine, fine" Richard grumbled, feeling like he's got lectured by his own father.

Ward always got that in him, he can be a little bossy when he wanted to. Especially when he already set his head for something, he will do everything to get that for himself.

"So, you take the boy to a fishing trip. And then what? Forcing the information out from his mouth" Richard continues, back to be serious again.

"I've got my ways, you don't have to worry about it" He confidently said.

"Of course you got your ways" Richard muttered "The last time we used your way, we lost everything"

Ward rolls his eyes at the bringing up topic from him "Why don't you rub that all over my face huh? You think I don't regret that?" he spats, totally over it.

"Glad to know that you're still aware of that" Richard said, earning a sharp glare at fron Ward.

"Just--bare with me this time. I promise I won't screw this up again" Ward continues, he already learned from his mistakes and he's not gonna anything get in between him and the gold again.

"Okay, you do that and please, for the love of the God, don't screw up. I'm gonna kill you myself if you screw this up again" Richard begged, really hoping that this time their plan will work out.

"You have my words" Ward assured him "This time, we can bring those gold back home" he gives Richard a small pat on his shoulder and that's enough for Richard to get hooked.

"Okay" Richard nodded his head, believing his friend "I'm gonna start something on my own too"

Ward dropped his hand from Richard's shoulder "Really?" he began "What is it?"

Richard didn't immediately answer to the question, he just grinning and showing off his teeth at Ward causing the man to furrow his brows.

"What?" Ward asked again when he only got flashed by the big smile from him.

"I'm gonna take JJ for golfing" He announced "If John B knows, I can bet all of my fingers that the blond boy also knows" he continues.

"So you think JJ is going to give it out the information for you?"

"I can tell that he already hooked with me. That boy got a serious daddy issues I tell ya, all I need is to give him a soft smile and nice gesture and he's all down for me" Richard exclaimed, knowing he's been putting his work on JJ ever since the boy shows up at his house to drop Hope home.

Ward can't help to chuckle "Sneaky as always" he said, knowing how Richard always play his game.

"See, I'm still working my ass here. You just don't see it because I don't brag about it everytime like you did"

"Shut up" Ward shook his head, not wanting to handle his antiques anymore.

Richard let out a small chuckle and then he's back to take a sit on his chair. Letting the comfortable silence filling the air around them, before they continue plotting and scheming.

•••

HOPE IS BEEN TRYING TO REACH out for JJ multiple times ever since she left her house but the boy is still remains MIA. She send hundreds of messages and phone calls to his numbers but it only reached to his mailbox. His stupid voicemail keep repeating over and over again when she fails to connect to his line.

She texted Kiara and Pope, asking them if they have JJ with them but they also have no idea about JJ's whereabouts. They thought he was with her since the last time they saw him, she was with him.

At the end, she just decides to meet them at The Chateau since they all are gonna be there for another hang out, they probably can catch JJ there chilling or probably passed out cold on the pull out couch.

Or, they can think of another way on how to track him if they all meeting up together. They sure that JJ just off to somewhere, drinking and getting high just like he always did. He won't be far.

Hope drives all the way from her house to the Chateau but she never stops trying to reach out for him. She's still trying to make a phone call at him, hoping that he's finally answers to it. But she's still got a voicemail from him.

Truth be told, she starts to feel worry. Because she knows he's not really in his right state of mind, especially after the encounter between him and his dad. So, she's very worry if he's gonna do something that is going to hurt himself and she isn't there to stop him.

When she arrive at the Chateau, she caught Kiara and Pope just made their way out from a truck.

The Pogues start to turn their heads toward her direction once they notice her arrival there, Hope can't help but to feel relief to see the familiar faces of them.

She pulled over and parked her car before she turn off the engine and climbs out from the driver seat to get to her friends.

Both Kiara and Pope got a big smile on their face when they saw her making her way towards them.

"Hey, pretty girl" Kiara is the first who greets her, welcoming her presence.

"Hey guys" Hope greets them back, walking towards them as fast as she can.

The girls start to give each other a quick hug while Pope watching them from behind with the same smile plastered on his face. When Hope pulled away from Kie, she gives Pope a small wave knowing the boy can get very awkward if she gives him a hug just like she did to Kie.

"Where have you two been?" Hope asks, putting the distance back between them.

"Just come home from our meeting at the Wreck, John B and Sarah were there too" Kie answered to her.

"Oh, got something about the gold?" Hope continues with her tiny information about their adventures.

"We got a plan actually, but we were lack two of our members today so we thought we can hold the meeting another time when we altogether"

"I'm sorry, but I kinda got a problem with Topper yesterday so I can't really make it to you guys. Plus, I didn't know there's a meeting held" Hope apologizes, can't help but to feel bad.

"That's fine, it's nothing" Kie brushed it away, knowing it won't be a problem since it's not very serious.

Hope just nodded, grateful that she's not causing any troubles to them by not showing up to the meeting though she already made it clear that she won't mind if they didn't want her to be part of their gold adventure.

"JJ isn't with you, Hope?" Pope finally spoke after being silent for long enough, thinking that now probably would be the right time to ask her about his it.

Because like it or not, he's also worry about the sudden disappearance from his blond friend. And he mostly still feels guilty about the argument he got with him about the restitution.

Hope pursed her lips at the question.

"No" she shook her head "He was with me yesterday, but I bumped into Topper and he forced me to go home and I had no choice than to listen and ditched JJ" she explained herself, feeling bad.

She shouldn't listen to Topper, she shouldn't leave JJ alone at the beach. If anything happened to JJ, its' going to be her fault, it's going to be on her.

"And you don't know where he went after that?" Pope continues.

"No, not really" She states "We talked last night but there's nothing from him this morning. It almost like he got zapped from the world to another universe."

"Hey, don't worry. I'm pretty sure he's all fine" Kie spoke again when she notices the worry written on Hope's face.

"You don't know that, Kie" Pope argued with her.

Kie immediately sending him a warning look, glaring at the boy making Pope to cower down almost immediately.

"I'm sorry" he mumbles, his eyes glancing in between the girls and pleading an apology look to Hope who looks even morified about it.

Kie shook her head at Pope's behaviour, knowing he can be blunt about something without the capability of reading the situations.

"Ignore him, he's a tool" Kie said, walking closer to Hope and putting a hand on her shoulder for a reassurance and that making Pope to scoff "Let's heading inside, maybe we can find his drunk ass laying down out cold in there" Kie continues with a joke to light up the mood.

Hope finally starts to smile, a small chuckle slipping out from her mouth "Yeah, lets go" she said, agreeing with the girl.

The three of them start to walk together, ditching their vehicles towards the old shack but not even halfway through the walks, the place starts to light up with yellow lights that got on all the trees, brightened up the lawn.

They all got the same confusion look on their face, they stopped walking for a minute after the sudden light appeared out of nowhere.

"What the hell?" Hope mumbles under her breath, her eyes wildly looking around the place trying to search for the answer.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie said with her eyes darting on a specific spot across them before she starts to walk towards it following by Hope and Pope.

Hope starts to walk, trailing right behind the curly hair girl with her eyes never left the unclear image of a spot that they all are heading to. The more steps she takes, the clearer her vision is and the better she can form the figure of a person in question.

And when she's finally close enough to it, she catches the familiar messy golden lock that chilling in a hot tub with a sunglasses sitting at the bridge of his nose while holding a flute on his hand.

"JJ?" Her mouth automatically mutters his name without she even realizes, watching him with confusion and questions.

JJ heard his name get called by her, he starts to lower his sunglasses from his eyes and looking straight at her. When his eyes finally made a contact with hers, his smile widening and his eyes lighten up.

"Hey, princess!" He greets her with an excitement "Come and join me in here!" he continues, patting the water with his palm causing them to made a little splash.

It didn't take much for Hope to know that he's drunk.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Chilling in my brand new hot tub, of course" He states proudly "Come on, Princess. I know you want to join me too. Don't be shy"

Hope shook her head, looking at him like he's some sort of a maniac. She didn't know what is going on or what pills that JJ is currently on, but this is actually kinda disturbing. She almost can't bare to look at him.

"What did you do, JJ?" It's Pope's turns to speak, shooting a disbelief look at his blond friend.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now. Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?" JJ slurred his words, not even care the mortify reaction he's got from his friends.

"What happened?" Hope continues to ask, she literally has no idea on what is going on and what's driven JJ to act like this, but she knows something is wrong.

And she only got one guess, it's about his father.

"Nothing is happening, baby" JJ slurred again "Just, get in here with me, alright? It's worth it. Come on" He try again, gestures with his hand to lure Hope to get in the water with him.

"Pope, Kie, feel free to join us" He continues, and start to pour the champagne into one of the flutes that floating on the water with a flamingo float "Salud!" He cheers, chugging on the alcohol.

Hope chews her lips at the scene in front of her. Sure, this isn't the first time she's seeing JJ getting all vulnerable, she saw him crying multiple times before. But this? this is something else to her. This is one whole new experience.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asked him again.

"What, this beaut?" JJ asked back, pointing at the hot tub he's currently in.

"You know what I meant, JJ"

"Uh--well. With the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery--" He trailed a bit, moving his index finger in a circular motion while the rest of them waiting for him to finally say the price "Pretty much all of it, yeah"

Hope's eyes widened and she pretty sure both of their friends also got the same reaction just like her after they heard that coming out from JJ's mouth.

"All of it?!" Hope can't help but to blurt that out from her mouth, shooting a disbelief look at him "You used all the money that we robbed from Barry, all of them for--this?" she continues, her eyes lingering around the place before they fall back on him.

"Yeah, all of it. You heard me right" JJ confirmed it, sending a wink at her while clicking his tongue.

"Holy shit, Jay" She muttered, bringing her hand on her mouth to hide her flabbergasted at him.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope continues to berate him, though his tone is much more calmer compared to Hope.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But I mean, like, come on, guys! Look at this!" He spread out his arms widely, pointing at all the luxury and fun things around him "Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me" he continues to explain to them.

Kie gives him a look and JJ caught them from her. She didn't say anything since the beginning but she's got her own disappointment for what he did though she never muttered it.

"What, Kie? Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" JJ asked when he received the look from Kie.

"This isn't how you're gonna spend the money for, JJ. This is just--this is just wrong" Hope exclaimed, still expressing her thoughts about the whole situation.

"There's nothing wrong with it. I got us this hot tub. We can make out in here for hours. Don't you want to kiss me in here, Hope?" He's back to slur his words again showing that he's still under the influence of the alcohol "Just the two of us, creating our own fantasy?" he continues, giving Hope a loving look.

If this under another circumstances, Hope would be blushing. But this isn't a right time to get all lovey and romantic.

"If I want to kiss you, this isn't how I'm gonna do it"

"I know this is nothing compared to what you owned back at the Kook land, but at least come and try it first before you can get all judgy"

"JJ--"

But he cuts her off once again "It worth a try, Hope. Come on" he gestures for her to get in again, his face full of excitement.

Hope chews her lips, she can't bare to see any of this anymore. Seeing JJ like this already hurt her enough and she wants nothing but to get in there and immediately gives him a hug.

"Don't give me that look, guys" JJ said again when none of them reciprocated to his blabbers. Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'. I mean like, guys, we--you only live once, right?" He glances at them back.

"Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on" JJ quickly brushed away any hints of emotions from him, trying not to look ridiculous in front of them.

But Hope knows he isn't that nonchalant like he shows, she can see how much he's suffering from the inside and he's trying to block all of the emotions out by chugging them away with his alcohol.

And this time, with a hot tub.

"In the, what?" Kie blurts the question out.

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her" JJ grinned at them "Oh, hey yo! I almost forgot"

JJ shuffles a bit from his previous spot and punch a button and a disco ball that hanging just above the tub starts to moving and flashing out its light.

"Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode" He proudly said, spreading out his arms once again and back to chugged on his beer "That's right baby"

"Are you kidding me? You could have paid for your restitution!" Pope yells at him after the little show JJ gives to them.

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kie adds up after him.

"Or better yet. You could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!"

Kie and Pope start to yell at JJ, nagging him for what he just did and complaining about his ruthless decision to waste the money by bought the hot tub instead of used them for something useful.

Hope remained silent but her eyes watches her boy warily, she can see the frustration start to come out from him at the constant pressuring from his friends and she knows she needs to stop them.

They didn't know what happened to JJ after they ditched Barry's trailer, they didn't know why JJ wants the money so bad and what was his original plan to do with them. They didn't know that JJ got beaten half death by his father with a hope that the man can pay the restitution with the money.

He's trying to do something good with it.

But she did. She knows everything and she saw everything. She was there and she was also the one who aided and abetted him after the fight, convincing him that none of this is his fault.

And if anything, she should know better than judging him or even berating him for acting like he's losing his mind. Though she never agreed with what he did with the money and the hot tub.

"Guys, stop" She finally spoke, hoping that her plead is enough to stop them.

Pope and Kie hold their tongue, glancing back to Hope when they heard her telling them to stop.

"Sorry?" Kie said, giving her a look.

Hope breaks her eye contact with JJ to her other friends who already looking at her.

"Just, stop, okay? Don't go all out on him like that. He's not all right, don't push him" She told them.

"Are you kidding me?" Pope said "Are you actually taking his side? You're okay with him wasting all those money for these?" He pointed his finger to around them.

"No, of course not" Hope shook her head.

"Then, what?" He continues.

"It just--it just" Hope losing her words, she doesn't know how to explain to them about it.

She glances back to JJ who already looking at her, he heard her attempts to defend him and he knows what she wants to say. Because she knows what is going on, because she was there with him and it won't take long for her to figure all out.

"It just what? Did you know something that we don't?" Kie speaks again at Hope's hesitation, she can see that there's something that she wants to say but can't get it out from her mouth.

"Of course not"

"Then, why are you acting like this? You're supposed to tell him that whatever he did is wrong. We can use those 25k for something useful than this stupid hot tub!"

"You think I don't know that?! I don't want him to buy this stupid hot tub either, I know we can use those money for something else"

They start to argue with each other and that actually making JJ to get cautions when they start to berate Hope for defending him.

"Hey, guys!" JJ speaks from the tub "Leave her alone and just get in here with me, alright?" he continues, an attempt to draw the attention back at him.

"Shut up, JJ!" Pope snapped at him.

"Don't tell me to shut up!" JJ countered back.

"Stop it, stop it" Hope put up her hands to stop the chaos around her "Us fighting like this isn't going to bring those money back, alright? Calm down"

"We can't calm down, Hope. Just think about what 25k can do to us if he didn't waste all of them" Pope chides, keep expressing his frustrations.

"Okay, well, you guys know what?! I didn't do that!" JJ yells and starts to get up from the tub forcing all the attention on him "I got a hot tub! For my friends"

When JJ emerges from the water, showing off his shirtless body to them, they caught something strange on his body and that's enough to shut them all especially Kie and Pope.

Hope chews her lips, looking away from the boy because she saw those bruises before though she refused to point them out at JJ so he didn't feel bad about it. She didn't want to make JJ feels vulnerable enough than he already had, but the sight of it now really disturbing her.

"I got a hot tub for my friends. You know what? No, screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family" JJ continues his blabbers while his eyes start to prick with tears once again.

"JJ, what the hell?" Kie mutters when he catch the bruises on his body but JJ ignored her, trying to block that question out from him.

Pope and Kie start to glance at Hope who refused to look at JJ. Enough to tell them that she knows what happened, that's why she's not even mad like them watching JJ acting like a maniac.

"You knew this?" Kie asked her softly.

Hope turns her head to look at them and she slowly nodded to confirm it.

"I do" she said, holding back her own tears.

They let out a cuss under their breath, shutting close their eyes for their ignorance and for berating the blond for his behaviour without even trying to understand him.

"Baby, come on" JJ is back to call out for Hope "Always and forever, right? Isn't that what we promised before?"

Hope averts her eyes from them to JJ once again, she wants to keep looking away from his body but she can't. Everytime she saw the forbidden marks on his skin because of his asshole father, she wants nothing but to hug him.

"JJ--" She tried to speak but unable to finish her words, feeling a wave of emotion hitting the back of her throat.

"I got this for you, you're my family too, right? If they're mad at me for not using the money for the charity, you're gonna defend me right? You're not gonna get mad at me like they did, are you?"

Hope had it enough, she had enough watching him like this and hearing those pleads coming out from him so she walks towards him before she get into the tub. She doesn't care if she get wet, she doesn't care that she needs to change her clothes later.

She just wants to bring her boy into her arms, she wants to tell him that nothing is going to happen and she's not gonna be mad at him for what he did.

"I just, I, god--" JJ sobbed, bringing a hand on his face to suppress his cries.

When Hope finally getting fully into the tub, she's reaching out for JJ and quickly wrapping her arms around his neck, bringing him closer to her ignoring the water that still dripping on his body ruining her clothes.

"I just couldn't do it" He mumbles once he's got her embrace and his hands start to wrap around her waist bringing her even closer to him.

"It's okay, it's fine" She assured him, rubbing his back lightly.

"I just want to do the right thing, you know it right?" He pleads again "But he--he didn't even care about it. He didn't even care about me"

"You don't deserve that. You don't deserved of what he did to you"

JJ starts to hiccuped and Hope can feel his tears on her skin but she didn't complain. She keep tightening her hold on him, telling him that she's gonna be here and nothing can hurt him anymore.

JJ finally bursts out in tears, he's trying to hide his face away but he knows it's no use. His head nestled against her shoulder with his arms wildly moving around her waist, his cried start to get audible to everyone and Hope keep bringing him closer to her. Muttering those comforting words on his ear non stop.

"I can't take him anymore, Hope. I was gonna kill him" He cried, knowing about who is he's talking about without any clear context from him "I hate him, Hope
I hate him so much"

"I know, I know" She nods, running her fingers through his messy hair to keep calming him down.

"I hate him so much"

"He's not here, okay? He can't hurt you anymore" She muttered at him "I'm here, you got me here. I'm not gonna let you hurt again"

JJ just nodded, taking into her assurance because he's sure of himself that Hope would never hurt him. She never did and he doubts that she could ever capable of hurting him.

"I'm sorry for not listening to you. I should listen to you"

"That's okay, that's alright, JJ. Don't beating yourself for it, it's not your fault"

Pope and Kie watching them with their stomach twisting in a bad way. The sight in front of them already heart breaking enough and hearing all those words come out from JJ only adding the fuels.

At last, they decide to join their friends in the hot tub by getting into it. Also not even care if they need to change their clothes after this, that's not even matter now.

Pope and Kie wrapping their arms around JJ and Hope, bringing them closer to each other making it as a group hug. Giving the comfort to the wounded and suffering JJ Maybank.

•••

THE SOUNDS OF WATER RUNNING can be heard from the bathroom right after Hope send JJ to take a shower.

She let out a small breath, closing the door shut after she shoved him inside ignoring the whining and protesting from him. It took several attempts for her to convince him before he complied.

She waits for another seconds, in case he's gonna let out another whines but he didn't. Seems like her plan to get him into the shower is working in order to sober him up and to distract him from all the mess that just happened.

They need to lure JJ out from the hot tub after they all done comforting him, parting away from their group hugs just so they can get JJ into the house where they can comfort him better.

Hope suggested for him to take a shower and clean himself up just so he can clear his mind. Just like she always did whenever she had some bad days. It always work to help her to clear out her mind and straightened her muscles.

Nothing a long and hot shower can't fix and she thought that trick also can work for JJ.

She moves away from the bathroom, from standing behind the door back to the living room where Pope and Kiara are, sitting on the pull out couch waiting for her to explain everything that happened.

When they heard her footsteps making her way into the living room, they straightened their necks to look at her with head full of questions that obviously they want to get out from their chest.

"So, is he okay?" Pope is the first to throw the question out, he's been waiting for long enough for his questions to be answered.

Hope didn't answer to the question immediately, she continues to walk until she reaches them at the living room before she takes a seat on the couch just opposite them.

The two Pogues patiently waiting for her to open her mouth, watching the redhead eagerly for the answer.

A soft sigh come out from her mouth first, she leans her back against the couch before she looks at them.

"I guess so" She finally said, not even sure with her answer "He's still drunk and it took some work to get him into the shower but other than that, he looks pretty fine to me"

They nodded their head simultaneously at the report.

"You think he'll be fine?" Pope asked her again.

"I don't know. You both know him longer than me, you know about him better" Hope said "I think I'm the one who supposed to ask you the question. You think he'll be fine?" she returned the question back to him.

The question actually caught both Kie and Pope. Because like it or not, she's right about it.

They know JJ longer than her, they saw JJ do a lot of reckless things.

But they never saw JJ breakdown like this before. Sure, this isn't the first time JJ got beat by his father or got covered with bruises and even act up out of sober. But they definitely never saw JJ like this, this broken and this hurt.

Or maybe, maybe they just weren't around when JJ is that broken. Or maybe JJ is that good to hide his true feeling from the public eye even to his best friends.

"I don't know--" Pope shrugged, he's not even sure if his friend gonna be okay or not.

Hope frown at the answer from him.

Kie who noticed the expression from Hope automatically kick his leg as a warning and Pope starts to groan. When he looks up to her, he met with a warning glare from Kie.

"He's gonna be okay, trust me" Kie spoke up after a second, looking away from Pope to Hope "He's JJ Maybank. Just give him couple of beers and blunts, he'll be as good as a new toy"

Hope knows JJ is gonna be okay, she knows he's strong. But that doesn't mean he needs to keep going through this and be strong all the time just because people thought he's gonna be fine and expected to bounce back in time.

"Can I ask you two something?" Hope asked, glancing in between the Pogues.

"Yeah" They said and nodded simultaneously.

"How long he's being uh--you know, abused?" She hesitates to ask, knowing it's a disturbing question and also kinda a personal to JJ and even to them.

Hope knows he didn't have a good relationship with his father, she knows that his father abused him based on couple of stories that he shared with her, she knows that he had a shitty life living with the man.

But she didn't know how long it's been going on, how long he's been through this abused. He only told her a little information about it and she didn't want to ask for more afraid that she's gonna invade his privacy.

Pope and Kie look at each other, not knowing what to say or even to react to the question. But they think Hope deserved to know since she's practically got a big role in JJ's life now.

At first, they doubt about it. About Hope actually interested in JJ and not because she just want to mess around. And now, they can see how serious Hope with JJ, they can see how sincere she is.

They can see how much JJ likes the girl, that he actually find a comfort from her and not just like his hundreds of one night stand before that he dumped after having a whole fun the night before.

"Pretty much his whole life" Pope answered "His dad being an asshole since he was a kid, especially after his mom left"

Hope pursed her lips "When did his mom left?" she continues.

"I'm not very sure but, I think when he was 5 or 6 I guess?"

"God, he was so young" She muttered "That was so horrible"

"I know" Pope states "But there's nothing really we can do and JJ never really want to talk about it. Not when he's sober at least"

Hope nodded, she can understand why JJ refused to mention about the dark side of his life even to his friends because if it down to her, she would do the same too.

Why would she choose to shred the wound that she barely can cover by talking more about it knowing it can hurt her more?

"Does his mom still alive?" She continues again.

"I'm not sure. It's been long enough and none of us got any news about her. I'm not sure if JJ knows but he never say a thing about it" Pope answered.

"Ouh" She muttered, looking away from them for awhile "What about his dad? No one knows about the abused that is going on him? No one ever reported about it?" she's back to look at them.

"JJ doesn't want it" Kie spoke after a while.

"Doesn't want what?" Hope furrows her brows.

"He doesn't want the authority to know about it because he knows if he told them, his dad is going to be taken away and he needs to be send to a foster home. He doesn't want it to happen" Kie explained and Pope nodded next to her, agreeing with the girl.

"But why? He can get a better life than this, he doesn't need to go through this shitty life with his father. His foster parents might give him a normal and loving household, just like he deserved, like every child deserved" She questioned it.

"Like it or not, he loves his dad more than anything. Doesn't matter what he did to him, he's still got a soft spot for that man" Pope answered for it when Kie looks a little hesitates.

Maybe JJ never say it out loud, maybe he never really show it to them but they just know. They know JJ loves Luke despite of everything that he did and being taken away from the only parent he got even though Luke isn't the best dad of the year feels like a real tortured to JJ.

It's better to have an abusive parent than not having any at all.

"That's just not right, he's in pain because of him. He gives JJ nothing but a shitty life, he made JJ's life like hell" Hope exclaimed, can't really see it from JJ's point of view.

"We're not sure about it either but we're not in his shoes. Maybe he's just not ready to lost another parent that he only has now" Pope continues, he's not even has an answer to that.

Hope licks her lips hearing the answer and that hitting her deep somewhere inside her.

Pope is right, they're not in his shoes and not even has any clues about his life though they know a fraction from it. And she really wished that she can do something to ease that, something that can erase all of the pain that JJ's been endured and replaced them with nothing but all time happiness.

Because he deserved it, he deserved nothing but all the happiness in his life.

"I just--I just can't see him like that" Hope continues, glancing towards the kitchen where she's still can hear the shower running from the bathroom that just down at the corner "It just not fair to him"

"I know that, Hope. But we can't get the life that we want, right? Some of us are just not that lucky" Pope said and that almost making Hope to scoff, feeling like it's a backhanded statement for her.

"Can I ask you something?" he continues before Hope can even react to the previous words from him.

"Uh, yeah, sure" She confirmed, looking at him with a little nervous.

"Do you actually like him?" He popped the question.

Hope coughed, her eyes widened at the unexpected question from him. She actually doesn't know what to say and her mind suddenly refused to cooperate to muster the answer but before she can open her mouth, Kie already did.

"Pope--" Kie send him a warning, she thinks it's not the right time for anything like this.

"You don't want to know?" He glances at Kie, knowing that she's as curious as him.

Kie's always the one that doubting about Hope and JJ from the start, confident enough that Hope isn't that serious with JJ and they're not the match. That this relationship is forbidden and doomed since the beginning

But that was way before she actually get to know Hope, way before she amends her rocky past with Sarah Cameron. Before she saw everything that Hope did to JJ, that she can give to JJ and how happy her bestfriend is when Hope is around him or when the topic is about her.

Kie never actually knows about love or even believed in true love and whatsoever. She's way too young to care about that kind of thing but she knows whatever JJ and Hope have is real. As real as a 16 years old can have at this age.

"Yes, but right now isn't really the time for it. Read the situation Pope" Kiara scolded the boy, still maintaining her glare at him.

"It is the right time" Pope argued back.

"You're an idiot, we're in a situation now and that doesn't consist you being dumb like this"

"How come I'm a dumb for wanting an answer?"

"Because you're asking it at the wrong time!"

They start to scold each other, their conversations start to get loud and tense and Hope knows this is the right time for her to step up and put the end to it.

"Okay, okay, that's enough you two" Hope said, hold up her hands to calm the Pogues "It's okay, I don't mind the question" she continues.

Pope and Kie already stop bickering and they back looking at the redhead.

"You don't have to answer to it, he's just being an asshole" Kie states, elbowed Pope's side a bit hard that he starts to groan.

"No, that's fine" Hope assured, shaking her head "You guys have the right to know. I mean, I would want to know too if I were you two"

Kie just pursing her lips without saying anything, she knows that she's definitely as curious as Pope claimed her to be. But she's not as desperate as he pictured it.

"So--do you?" Kie continues "Do you actually like him? For who he is?"

Hope stares her for seconds, thinking about the right words to form and to spit out to them.

She likes JJ, more than anything of course. It's always been like that, she's always feel like that. That's the whole reason why she's willing to cross everything that she ever believed before just so she can jump right into his arms despite of everything people warned her about.

But it's not that easy to admit in front of of people, especially to the people that actually know JJ.

"Of course I like him" Hope muttered it "I'm not gonna be here, right into this if I'm just want to mess with him"

"But why? You could pick anyone from Figure Eight, all those Kook boys, you could have anyone that you want but why him?" Pope keep going.

"You said it yourself that I can have anyone that I want, and I want him. So why can't I have him? What's the matter with that?" Hope exclaimed.

That shut Pope for a second "That's true" he agreed "But you're aware about the differences between you and him, right? You hate the Pogues and he hates the Kooks"

"I never hate the Pogues, I never did. I might got some questions about your people sometimes and the thing you guys did but hate? that never crossed my mind. Not ever" She shook her head "I do know JJ hates the Kooks and I never blamed him or any of you for having that hatred because the way we've been treating you guys like some kind of disease, I think it's fair for him to hate us"

"And you don't care? You don't care being with someone who isn't what you are?" Pope continues.

"Who cares? A Pogue, A Kook, we all a human at the end. So, no. I don't care" She answered.

"Even though he's gonna hating the Kooks while being with you?"

"Yes"

"Even the Kooks hating him for being a Pogue?"

"Pope, I told you I just don't care. I don't care about any of those, that's not gonna get in between us. I won't allow it" She states it firmly, to make sure that they're gonna take her words seriously.

The Pogues look like they're finally believe her, the look on their face show that they're very sure that Hope actually meant her words and she's not playing or even just to mess around with JJ.

Because they know how much JJ already been through and they really hope that Hope is the right person for him. That can aid and abet all of his pain and wounds and even his bruises.

And they can't take it if Hope hurting JJ, because they can see how much their friend head over heels for her. They never seen him like this before, that he would die for a girl that he just know.

"What about Rafe then?" Kie suddenly blurt out the question after a long silent, she just can't help herself to ask about the boy.

She saw how close Rafe and Hope are, she saw how Rafe can't keep his hands off Hope and how he literally would jump to kill anyone who ever dare to talk to her. He literally went crazy at Pope because he wants to send a warning to JJ just so he can keep Hope away from him.

That's definitely not something that she can just forget or brushed away. She wants to know the answer, she needs some clarification about their relationship.

The question causing Hope's heart to make a jolt, not even saw that coming from them. She starts to swallow hard, she feels like something just blocking her throat from breath properly.

"Wh--what about Rafe?" Hope asked, trying to play it cool.

"I'm sorry Hope but don't tell me that you don't know how crazy that guy is whenever he saw you and JJ, and the fact he almost beat Pope to death just to send a warning to him is enough to tell me that something is definitely going on between you two" Kiara explained, she just can't hide her curiosity anymore.

Hope licked her lips "There's uh--there's nothing going on between us"

"So, you guys never a thing through your Kook year with him?"

"No" Hope shook her head "He's simply just Sarah's big brother to me. Nothing more"

"But that's just on you, that's what you think. Does he knows about it? does he knows that you're not thinking the same way like he did?"

"I uh, it's--" Hope starts to feel her breath got suck, they question from Kiara making it hard for her to think any answer to get her out from this situation.

Because she definitely doesn't want to talk about this, to talk about her and Rafe that she simply wants to keep confidential between them though there's no secrecy about the obsession Rafe has over her that making it very obvious to everyone. His action really throwing all out.

"It's a what?" Kiara demanded the answer.

"Uh--"

But JJ who is just done with his shower making his way out from the bathroom straight to the living room and announcing his presence to everyone there who is in a deep conversation about him. And that putting the end to all of it when they saw him coming in, saving Hope from the interrogation that start to suffocate her.

Pope and Kie immediately look up to him, they're they first one saw him since they're facing right to his direction while Hope needs to turn her head towards him when she notices the Pogues attention moves from her to the back.

A relief smile plaster on her face when she finally saw him. For both saving her from the interrogation and for looking just fine just like she expected him to be.

"Are you guys having fun while me taking a shower?" JJ popped the question while keep marching towards them.

The water still dripping from his body, his damp hair messily sticking all over his neck and face while wearing nothing but a towel that barely hanging around his waist.

"Dude, go wear some clothes" Pope grimaces, though this isn't the first time he saw JJ like this.

"What? I'm looking modest now?" JJ exclaimed, looking down to his exposed chest.

Hope just let out a chuckle watching the argument, she's glad that JJ is back on his feet now.

"Hey--" She greets him with a smile.

"Oh, hey princess. Didn't see you there" He automatically brightened up, walking towards her who is glancing at him from the couch.

"Almost like I wasn't the one who shoved you into the bathroom earlier" She sarcastically said.

"Yeah, it would be better if you shoved yourself into the shower with me too" He muttered before he bend down to catch her lips on his, giving her a kiss.

Hope didn't hesitate to return it back, smiling against the kiss.

"Ugh, guys, we're still here" Kie loudened her voice to announce their presence there.

"Keep it PG please!" Pope groaned, closing his eyes from keep looking at them.

Hope shoved JJ lightly to stop the kiss but JJ still keep going with it.

"Jay--" she said, still trying to get herself out from his attack. he definitely still a bit tipsy.

"What?" JJ whined, still leaning in to kiss her more but Hope hold up her hand, turning his face away with a small chuckle.

"Stop, your friends are here" She warned him.

"So?"

"We disgusted them"

"They just jealous that they can't kiss you"

Hope rolls her eyes, she keep shoving him away and this time harder than before.

"Asshole" she said, shaking her head and turning away from him back to Pope and Kie who looks disgusted with them.

"You two should get sanitized" Kie continues, faking a gag.

Hope just chuckle at their comments.

"Hey, bro. You good?" Pope is the first to ask, looking up to JJ who is still standing behind the couch with his hands on Hope's shoulders.

"As good as new" JJ states.

"He's still drunk" Hope continues after him.

"I'm not!" JJ protested.

"Yes you are"

"No I'm not"

"Go walk in a straight line now, I wanna see it" Hope challenged, turning back at him while raising her brows.

"I'm not gonna do that" JJ shook his head.

"Because you know you can't"

"Oh, I'm definitely capable of doing that"

"Okay, okay, that's enough" Kie spoke, she starts to get up from the couch and all of the attentions are back on her If you're good, then we're so glad with it" she continues, looking at JJ.

"Yeah, she's right" Pope agreed, nodding his head "We're so glad that you're okay"

Hope pursed her lips, can't help but to  adore their friendship. She's also glad that though JJ never had a good home situation, but at least he got his friends with him.

"Of course I'm gonna be okay" JJ states it again, he moves from behind the couch to the front to join his friends "I'm always okay"

"Yeah, sure" Kie said, hiding her smile knowing that JJ isn't really hundred percent sober and his brain is definitely still fuzzy from everything.

"Are you guys gonna stay for the night?" JJ continues to ask, glancing in between his friends.

"Uh--" they said simultaneously, mouth gapr open slightly but nothing comes out from them.

They want to stay, they want to make sure that JJ is okay but since that Hope is here, she probably can do that job better than them. And they definitely can make sure that JJ will do great with Hope compared to them so they think they're gonna give that responsibility to Hope.

Kie looks down to Hope who looks a bit clueless, she's also been waiting for the answers from them just like JJ.

Hope seems like to caught the look from Kie so she furrows her brows at the sudden from the girl, that's when Kie gives her a wink.

"I think we're gonna leave you two alone tonight" Kie spoke, looking away from Hope back to JJ.

"Really?" Pope squeals from behind.

"Yeah, we got something to do, remember?" Kie glanced at him.

"We do? I thought--" Pope shut himself shut when he got the warning look from Kie when he didn't get the sign first "Yeah, we do. We--we got something to do, I just remembered it now" He quickly cover it up, putting up a nervous smile.

Hope and JJ looking at them in confusion, because they definitely acting very weird right now and it's very obvious for them to see.

"Uh, you sure about it? Because you guys definitely should stay" Hope said. 

If anything, she think JJ needs his friends more than her. And she doubts if she can stay for her night here.

"No, no, we're good. You two can have fun" Kie quickly said, not wanting to ruin her plan "I mean, you're staying right, Hope?" she asked Hope.

"Like, staying the night?" She asked back.

"Yeah, of course" Kie nodded.

She's not even sure if she can stay for the night, she doesn't know if her parents allow her for it. But then, so much just happened and she already a disappointment enough to her mom and after what she did to her, being at the house is the last thing she wants to.

"You're staying, right?" JJ finally spoke when he caught the hesitation from the redhead.

Because he really wished that Hope can stay, he wants to have a night with her without anyone trying to shred them away from each other. They barely got the moment together.

"Uh, yeah, I think I can stay for tonight" Hope announced, smiling at them.

JJ grinning widely at the answer "You can?" he asked, wanting a confirmation from him.

"Yeah. What worse could happen?"

"That's my girl" He beamed, patting her cheek lightly making her to giggle.

"So, I guess you two are going to be just fine if we leave, right?" Kie continues, seems like her plan is working just fine.

Hope and JJ looking at the curly haired girl.

"Yeah, of course" JJ nodded "We're gonna get very busy and noisy after all, don't think yall wanna be around for it"

Kie and Pope grimace in disgust and Hope scoff out loud.

"Just, stop. We don't want to know about it" Pope said.

"Just saying" JJ shrugged.

They just shaking their head, but at least they know that JJ is back to be fine if he's able to show them his usual humour. That's all what they want.

"You sure you don't want to stay?" It's Hope turn to ask, looking at Kie with a hope that they can stay with them "We can invite John B and Sarah too" she suggested.

"Oh, Sarah and John B got their own plan, I'm very sure of it" Kie states "That's alright, you two can have fun" she assured.

Hope frowned a little "Oh" she said.

"Don't get sad, we can have our sleepover later. As long as you want to be around JJ's musty ass" Kie jokes.

JJ let out a grunt while the rest of them start to laugh.

"At least someone actually wants to be with my musty ass" JJ countered back "You got none"

"Well, it's not a competition and I don't bother to compete in it"

"Shut up" JJ throw a pillow at her but Kie is fast enough to dodge it. The pillow end up on the floor.

"You missed" Kie grinned.

"Fuck off, get the hell out from here" JJ spats and he starts to shove Kie out from the living room causing them to laugh "You too, Pope. I don't want to see your ugly ass face here" he glare at Pope.

The boy quickly get up from the couch, trailing right behind JJ who is still shoving Kie out from the house while the girl is laughing out loud.

Hope can't hold her own laugh and burst out right on there watching them before she's also following them from behind to send Pope and Kie out to the car.

•••

THE CHATEAU SOUNDS SO QUIET without the usual chatters from the group of friends that often to crash in there while creating their own chaos that surprising enough didn't demolish the old shack.

There's no back and forth yelling from them about some stupid arguments or a loud reggae song blasting from Big John's old radio or even a drunk concert from them when they all got high and drunk enough from drunking too much beer and smoking too much blunt.

After Ward legally being John B legal guardian, this house is being left behind without an owner. This is definitely going to be a place for JJ to crash in everytime he needs to escape his reality or when he wants to avoid his shitty father.

He currently standing in front of a mirror in a spare room that used to be Big John's. Lifting up his shirt to inspect the bruises that littered on his body, the forbidden mark made from his father.

He didn't feel any pain, he's very used to it that he think his body no longer can reciprocate to any pain from it. Or maybe, he just refused to feel about it because if he did, that's means he's weak.

A sigh come out from his mouth, he definitely remembered what just happened earlier when he had his own mental breakdown and compulsively bought an entire hot tub using the money that he knows he can use for any greater of good.

But JJ can't help himself for it, he's just in so much pain to allow his brain to think realistically.

He was doing good before even though he had his own mental breakdown for a minute after the incident with his father but he bounced back when Hope keep giving him a support and comfort.

But when Hope left yesterday after being forced by Topper, listening to everything that comes out from the Kook's mouth how he literally ruining Hope's life, changing her into someone that isn't her and trying to change who she is, JJ can't help to overthink about it.

What if whatever that Topper said is true? What if he definitely ruining Hope's life and changing her into someone that she isn't supposed to be? What if she deserved better than him? Than this life that he knows won't do any justice to Hope who is born on a silver plate?

With everything that happened, the crisis he's got with his father, the argument he just got with his friends, the thoughts about not being good enough to Hope and all of the crisis he's got muster all together sending him over the edge.

That lead into the mental breakdown that never happened before.

A soft knock on the door startle JJ a bit, he drops his hand from lifting up the shirt so it back to cover his body and he looks away from the mirror towards the door.

That's when Hope walking in after she pushed the door open, her sweet smile plaster on her pretty face while looking at him.

"Hey" She said, stopping a bit at the entrance.

"Hey princess" He greet her back with a soft smile that mirroring hers.

"Can I come in?"

"Well, you already halfway in" He states "Plus, I'm not gonna decline a pretty girl to be in a same room with me"

Hope rolls her eyes "Pervert" she said and back to walk into the room.

JJ just chuckles, his eyes watching Hope walking towards him and noticing a glass of water on her hand.

"Why with the glass?" JJ asked, moving away from the mirror to approach her.

"Oh I got you some painkiller and water, thought you might need it" She said.

"Told you I'm fine, Red" he assured, watching Hope putting down the glass on a table with the painkiller.

"I know, I'm putting this here just in case you need it"

"But I'm not gonna need it. I'm fine"

Hope looks up to him "Just because you're fine doesn't mean you don't need it" she states "If you don't need it then fine, it's good for you. But if you need it, you know where to find it"

JJ just pursed his lips at her answer. The truth is, he can feel his head a little fuzzy, still not over his hangover but there's nothing that he can't handle.

"Huh--" JJ said, pursing his lips.

"So, do you need it or not?" Hope asked, raising her brows.

The blond grinned out of nowhere making Hope to get confuse.

"What?" She said with ber brows furrowed.

"You think a kiss would heal me better than a random pill that I need to swallow?"

"Hold that thought, big boy" Hope shoves him when he's leaning closer to her.

"Come on, I didn't get my welcome kiss today" JJ protested, watching Hope putting the distance between them.

"You did, you just kissed me earlier infront of your friends"

"That didn't count as a welcome kiss"

"Then, what's that count as?"

"It's the 'I'm showing you my love infront of my friends' kiss. It's not the same" JJ exclaimed, being overdramatic as always.

Hope raised her brows "That's ridiculous"

"It's not ridiculous. It's romantic, I'm being romantic"

"No, you're being ridiculous and dramatic" Hope states.

JJ starts to pout, looking at her with an offend look "And you're being unromantic, it's ridiculous too"

When she's got the reaction from him, she can't help but to laugh. The looks she receives from him literally so cute yet so funny.

"Aww, I'm joking" She cooed, moving closer to him back "Don't be sad, it's ridiculous" she teased him more.

JJ swats her hands that trying to reach out for him, faking him hurtful expressions just to punish her previous action for teasing him.

"You're being mean and I don't like you anymore" He said.

"Oh come on, I'm just joking with you. You did that to me all the time" She pointed it out, still trying to reach out for him despite of JJ keep dodging her.

"No, you're being mean. I hate mean people"

"I'm sorry, I promised I'll be nicer after this"

"I'll believe it when I see it" JJ dared, giving her a look.

Hope pursed her lips at the statement from him, she already dropped her hands from trying to get all over him while her brain working its gear about what she's gonna do to get to him back.

But she also knows that she's always got one thing that she can use on him that he will always falls for that.

A smirk starts to tug at the corner of her lips, she definitely going to use that against him.

"You wanna see it, JJ?" She asked, walking closer to him.

"Yeah, I wanna see it" He nodded, still stunned on his position though he already saw Hope making her way towards him.

"You, you want me to be nicer to you? You want me to show that?" She asked again.

"Uh--yeah" JJ stuttered a bit, he definitely starts to tense up when Hope getting very close to him.

"Really?"

"Yes"

Hope smirks once again when she noticed the boy starts to get riled up at her sudden change of demeanour. She knows that this is working.

She stopped moving when she's almost chest to chest with JJ, keeping her gazes on him who is looking at her like he wants to run but also wants to jump right on her.

"Do you want me to be your good girl, JJ Maybank?" She tilted her head slightly, her hands slowly creeping up to his shirt covered chest.

JJ feels his throat starts to dry, he can't even swallow his own saliva at the sudden bold action from Hope.

"Hope, what are you doing?" He asked, he definitely not liking this.

"I'm being nice to you. Isn't that you want?" She brings her fingers to run through his chest "You want to see me being nicer, right? Like a good girl I am?"

JJ feels like his chest wants to explode and it took everything in him from shoving Hope right onto the bed that just behind him and kiss the shit out of her. And probably, something more than that.

Hope has no idea how crazy this is making him feels right now. And how dangerous it is for them.

"Stop, you're gonna make me do something that I don't want to" He warned her slowly, trying to put this to the end.

"Something like what? Like--kissing me?" She leans closer, ghosting her kiss just inches from him "We kissed million times before, what stopping you from doing it now?" she innocently asked.

JJ takes a step backward when Hope just hovered at him like that.

"Baby, I think you know that it's not a kiss that I'm worry I'm gonna do to you" He states while still walking backwards "I don't want to push anything here but you're definitely giving me a mixed signal now"

Hope want to burst out in a laughter when she saw how pale he's got, and she also noticed how he keep walking backwards to avoid from getting very close to her.

"What signal?" She asked again, acting innocent.

"Stop it Hope" JJ demanded.

He doesn't need to look behind to know that if he takes another step, he's gonna fall on the bed. Which the last thing he wants to happen knowing that Hope is going to get on it too.

"What if I don't want to stop? What are you gonna do?" She challenged him and she did not stop.

That forcing JJ with no choice than drop himself on the bed, taking a seat at edge of it while Hope still hovered on him. He looks up to her, noticing the smirk from her.

"You really enjoy this, don't you? You enjoy teasing me like this knowing I can't do anything to you?" He asked, raising his brow when he starts to get what she's trying to do.

"I don't know what are you talking about. What teasing?"

"Hope Amelia, you have no idea what you're doing to me"

Hope hold the laugh that about to come out from her, she keep her poker face out.

"I'm glad to be your own kind of kryptonite" She said and pushed JJ by his shoulder so he's laying on the bed completely with his legs dangling from the edge.

JJ starts to get dizzy, it's because of all the rush that starts to wash him when his head is still a bit fuzzy from his previous hungover.

"Whatever you're trying to do, it's not working. You need to stop now or we both are going to regret everything" JJ warned her again, propping on his elbows to look to Hope but she starts to climb on the bed.

More like trying to climb him because she's literally hovering over him right now.

Holy shit--

"What do you want to do to me, JJ Maybank? What thing that I'm doing to you?" She still keep going and she's even surprised with herself that she's able to get this bold.

She's getting on the bed, crawling on top of him watching him get all nervous from this view. She can see his chest panting and small beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

"Hope--" he said but his breath hitched up when Hope bringing her face closer to him once again "Hope, please stop it. I don't like this anymore"

"But I thought you like it when I'm being nice?"

"No, not anymore. I like it when you're mean than nice like this, you're definitely scaring me right now"

Hope chuckles and leaning closer to him before she catches his lips, finally kissing him instead of teasing him.

It didn't take longer for JJ to just kiss her right away. His hands that laying on his side starts to move to touch her hips.

"You know--" Hope spoke, breaking away from their kiss and JJ open his eyes to look at her back.

"What?" He panted from the kiss.

"You're so easy to get riled up, all I need to do is to tease you and you're so ready to jump on me" She jokes, brushing away his hair that messily stuck around his forehead.

JJ rolls his eyes but Hope isn't wrong about that. But can she blames him for it? He could die at the mere thought of her, much less to has a real her starts to hover on top him like this.

"Yeah but can you blame me for it? You're practically climbing on me and with that pretty face of yours? Man, it's hard for me to resist you" He states, enjoying the touch she gives on his hair.

"That's just telling me and proved me enough that you can't keep you dick to yourself as always"

"Again, it's not my fault for can't keep my other guy in when you're on top of me like this"

"I'm pretty sure you're gonna feel the same when other girls do this to you" She said.

"Princess, if another girls hovering on top of me like this, we're gonna get on the business real quick. We're not even got any times to talk like this" JJ exclaimed, his grins appear and that making Hope to roll her eyes.

"Pervert" She claimed, smacking his chest while rolling to the other side of the bed taking the empty space next to JJ.

The blond let out a laugh, the bed rumbling along with his movements before he glances to the girl who's got an annoyed expression.

"Don't give me the look, Red. You're just that special for me to treat you like I treat some other girls that meant nothing to me" He started and that actually caught her attention "I respect you that much, Hope. So I'm not gonna treat you like any of those girls. So of course I'm gonna get riled up when you're teasing me like that"

She turns her head to look at him who already look at her with a loving look, the one that he always gives her since the he noticed that he fell for the Kook princess out of people in this world.

"I'm special to you?" She asked, wanting to know if he actually meant his words or he's just saying it.

"Of course you're special. I just invited you into a hot tub with me" He jokes.

Her hand once again flying to meet his chest, not appreciating the dark joke from him refering to his previous mental breakdown that she's trying to distract him from.

"Not funny" She said.

A soft groan coming from him, rubbing his chest lightly.

"God, I'm definitely need to tie those hands. They're faster than the lightning" He said, grimacing a little.

"You deserved it" She states "Also, that's so kinky of you wanting to tie up my hands" She grinned at him.

JJ's eyes widened "Hope, I definitely don't know where exactly you're learning something like this because you used to be so innocent and now you're scaring me with those bold action"

"Hey, I never said I'm innocent!" She chuckled.

"You used to blush when I'm just calling you pretty and now you're making a dirty joke with me"

"That's calling a character development, what do you know about it?"

"That's so unhinged of you. I want my sweet and innocent Hope back. Just let me being the dirty one here, that's how it's gonna work"

Hope laughed again "You're being dramatic again" she said "And I'm glad to know that you're finally admitted yourself for being dirty"

The blond joined her for the laugh, their voice emerged together and ringing through the room. If anyone heard them, it doesn't take much for them to know for how much they're in love with each other and just happy in their own world that they created.

And for a minute, they forget about their own problems. It feels just them against the world, like this universe belong to them. Like nothing bad ever happened, like the universe never trying to part them away.

JJ stops his laugh, glancing back to Hope who is still with her laugh. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes shut close a bit and her voice sounds heavenly to him.

He feels like he's in a literal heaven, watching an angel laugh. He doesn't know how can he's got so lucky for having her with him like this, because he never got this lucky. Not this type of lucky.

"Hey, Hope" JJ spoke, trying to get her attention back on him.

He's got so much thing to say to her, but he doesn't know how and when to say it. He's afraid that he's gonna scare her and send her away.

That's gonna be the last thing for him to happen.

"Yeah?" She answered to him, looking back to JJ with her laugh slowly to die.

JJ didn't immediately say anything to it, he just stared at her. Just taking her beauty into his eyes, appreciating the creation that he's able to call mine.

He knows he never made it official with her, he never put the real tag on their relationship because he's trying to respect Hope's decision for taking everything slow between them and he just understands her.

He also doesn't want to rush anything, he wants to get to know her for as much as he can. He wants to cherish every moment between them, he wants to feel everything without pushing anything to be so fast.

Who cares about getting in relationship and putting the tag on it when they can have this for themselves? They don't need to make it so traditional like everyone did, because they're not everyone. They don't need to do the things that they do, they can do it on their way.

But right now, seeing her being so close with him like this, he can't help but to have a thought about declare his true feeling at her. To officially making her mine and not just someone that he called special.

He knows that it's probably still early for him to do it, but he can't bare to lose her. Especially after everything.

And he think this is the right moment for him to do it.

JJ hold out his hand, reaching out for her before he places his palm on cheek. His thumb start to caress her soft skin, still admiring her beauty.

"I'm just so lucky to have you with me, you know?" He muttered "How can I get this lucky?"

Hope can't help but to smile, she's leaning and living for the soft touch she's receiving from him.

"I'm so lucky to have you with me too, you know?" She answered, touching his hand that caressing her.

"Not as lucky as I am for having you" JJ exclaimed and that only induced more smile from Hope.

She did the same thing like JJ, reaching out her hand for him just so she can touch his face. Her eyes scanning the structure of his face, before she inspect those bruises on it.

Her thumb graze it softly, feeling the calloused feeling against her skin that making her heart clenched.

"I'm sorry for not be there for you, I should stay with you yesterday" She starts, feeling guilty.

JJ quickly shaking his head "No, princess. It wasn't your fault, don't apologize"

"You don't deserve this, okay? You don't deserve any of this. I'm sorry because I can't protect you from any of it"

"Princess--" he sighed.

"I wish--I really wish that I know you way earlier" She continues, ignoring the word from him "Because if I actually did, I can keep you with me. I can keep you out from those bad things that happen to you"

JJ removes his hand from her face and sit up from the bed "Stop saying that, Hope. It's not your fault for everything that happened to me" he state.

Hope mirrored the same position as him "But I hate to see you get hurt, okay? I hate it"

"I didn't enjoy it too but it's not like I have any choices" He said "And it's definitely not your fault. So please, stop blaming yourself"

She knows that JJ is right about it. She knows that there's nothing she could do or to stop it from happened. But she really wished that she can do something, anything just so she can stop anyone from hurting JJ. From her boy to get hurt from this cruel world.

This feels so unfair, for a good person like JJ to endured such a life like this when he deserved the world.

"You know you can count on me for anything, right? You don't need to hide anything from me or even to ask anything?" She contines, she wants JJ to know that he's got her for anything.

She doesn't want to be a person to JJ when they all happy and fun. When the world seems to be on their side, when the sun is shining on them.

She wants everything with him, through the darkest day of life, through the storm that passing by before the heavy rain pouring on the surface of the earth. That's what she wants JJ to know, she wants him to know that he's not all alone or got nowhere to turn when he needs a shoulder to cry.

"I know, I always know and I'm glad that you're the person for it" JJ smiles, nodding his head "Trust me I know"

Hope feels relief and taking his words as an assurance for herself.

"I just want you to promise me one thing" JJ continues.

"What is it?"

"I want you to promise me that you're not gonna leave me, no matter what happen" He said "I know things are gonna get very hard with me, with my life and all. I know I'm not the easy person for you to handle and I'm not the best person that you can have, I also know that you definitely deserved someone better than a fuck up person like me"he stop for awhile.

Hope didn't say anything and just listening to him to keep going with his speech. He looks like he's trying to find right words to use and to say.

"Just, just promised me to don't leave me, okay? I can't, I can't have that" JJ finalized it, looking at her with an eager.

"Yeah, of course. I promised you" Hope finally said, nodding her head "I'm not gonna leave you" she smile.

JJ feels a big relief hearing that coming out from her "Thank God. You're literally an angel that got send for me" he muttered causing Hope to laugh.

"I'm glad to be your guardian angel" She said.

"Yeah, me too" He states and leaning in to kiss her once again, almost like he can't get her enough and he wants to keep kissing her.

Hope just hummed, closing her eyes and kissing him back.

And it's gonna be JJ, not Rafe. Not ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 502 5
'you're not in love with me, you're obsessed.' outer banks, season one-? rafe cameron x fem!oc ©2024, anqelitas part of my...
9.4K 58 3
𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐎 ━━━ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ Love is my deadliest weapon and your my favourite victim ࿐ྂ "I wanna kill you." "Im 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴."...
5.2M 112K 40
❝ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. ❞ ❝ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. ❞ outer banks { jj...
954K 19.5K 108
in which charlotte carrera finds herself more conflicted than she has ever been in her entire life. rafe cameron x fem! oc || seasons one + two + thr...