Duvarları içinde - within the...

Par m3edina1

Duvarları içinde (within the walls) Great-granddaughter of Suleyman Shah and Hayme Ana Granddaughter of Ertuğ... Plus

Before you read
Glossary
Charachters
Prologue/Extended Description
Relationships
Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Not a chapter

Chapter 18

68 1 0
Par m3edina1

A/N - Sorry for not posting yesterday, I am packing as I am going to move soon, so I was tired to even write anything.

I don't know how much I'll be able to post, but I think that there will at least one chapter released one of these days.

Warning: Near death experience by hanging

It was finally time.

Osman Bey was to be hanged.

And Mihrimah patiently awaited for this very moment.

She looked at the gallow with a solemn expression, which was carefully prepared for this day.

Osman had arrived in Bilecik in order to confront Vizier Alemshah and tried to kill him. He failed as he was caught by the Seljuk soldiers, who were holding his alps, who had accompanied him, hostages.

Kosses too was revealed as a traitor.

But to her that wasn't as important as Osman finally being caught.

In the meantime Turgut Bey and Mari got married in Harmankaya Castle.

But that wasn't a priority either for Mihrimah right now.

Her priority was to watch someone experience a heavy blow.

And then she could finally return to the Kayi tribe, where her roots lied.

Finally, everyone would have some peace and quiet for some time.

She knew that Osman couldn't resist the message she casually delivered to Davut Usta, while she was in Sögüt.

Looking back, she thought that she did a great job, drawing Osman to Bilecik, resulting in his execution.

While she was taking a stroll through the bazaar of Sögüt, Konur was accompanying her as Alemshah warned that the merchant might take their anger out on her, so it would be good to have someone by her side.

And she also wanted out of the inn to get some fresh air. It had started to suffocate her, as she hardly ever left it.

As they walked through the gate to the bazaar, all stands were closed. Mihrimah figured that it was a sign of protest against Vizier Alemshah, because he imprisoned Sheikh Edebali.

They stepped into the gazebo and were met by Davut Usta, who noticed Konur's confused look of the situation, and didn't acknowledge Mihrimah's presence.

''Stores won't be opened until Edebali gets out of the dungeon.'' Davut Usta stated determinant.

''You are rebelling. You can't do that.'' Konur countered, but Davut Usta stood by his statement. ''You captured my Sheikh. Do you think we would keep trading?''

''Do you think everyone's the same? Sheikh Edebali might be in the dungeon. But I will not let anything happen to him. Whoever tries to hurt him will face me.''

''Where were you when the Vizier captured the Sheikh.'' Davut Usta accused and took a step closer to Konur. ''Think carefully. Are you with Haqq, or the falsehood?''

Before the conversation could escalate to something more Mihrimah intervened. ''That has nothing to you with you, Davut Usta. What path is to be followed depends on the Vizier. That's the problem with you older people fra the Kayi tribe.'' she said and hope that he would play along.

The mention of Kayi tribe made Konur take a few steps from them. She then scanned through the bazaar, making sure that wasn't more soldiers around. ''It doesn't matter if the stands of Sögüt are closed. A new bazaar will be open in Bilecik, anyways. The Vizier is visiting there right now. Maybe we could even have some merchants come to Sögüt and replace the old ones.''

Davut Usta's eyes widened at the information. It didn't seem like he was going to say anything, so Mihrimah spoke. ''After Bilecik, I'll return to the tribe and a new order will be made.''

With that she spun her heel and walked back to the inn, hoping that he would relay the message.

Mihrimah stood at the forefront of the gathering, her demeanor, a facade of cold indifference.

Beside her, Vizier Alemshah stood with an air of satisfaction, as his gaze fixed upon Osman.

And Nikola, the cunning Tekfur of Byzantine, watched without concealing his impatience, he was more than to eager for Osman to die.

Before them, Osman stood bound and shackled. The Seljuk soldiers were getting the noose around his neck. Behind them stood his alps, who were waiting for the same fate as Osman.

''Die!'' Nikola yelled out.

''La Galibe Illallah!*'' Osman said and his alps repeated after him.

Beginning to be impatient himself, Vizier Alemshah walked up to Osman, who stood on a stool with the noose around his neck, and spoke. ''Osman, made evil plans to harm the friendship built with the Emperor. He rose against the order of Seljuk state.''

From his past experiences with Osman, Nikola wanted to get him hanged as soon as possible. ''Cut it short! Come on!'' But the Vizier ignored his impatience. ''I am Vizier Alemshah. I am here to punish those, who is trying to ruin the order. If someone tries to break or harm the order that the Seljuk state built, they will end up beings sent to the gallows like Osman Bey. Now, Osman Bey. You will pay for your rebellion.''

Even with a noose around his neck, Osman still stood tall. ''I and my valiants would rather become martyrs on the way of Allah, than live a shameful life.'' he stated proudly and then looked at the Vizier. ''Living a shameful life only suits people like you, Vizier Alemshah. Apparently, you are one of the cruel. We believe that there is no victor but Allah. And we don't bow down to anyone but Him. La Galibe Illallah!''

Preparing for his death, Osman declared his belief in Allah. ''I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad (SAW) is His servant and Messenger*.''

Osman's gaze swept across the  crowd, his eyes locked with Mihrimah's for the briefest of moments.

Vizier Alemshah kicked the stool, and Osman was sentenced to die once and for all. Even though Osman wouldn't go down easily.

Mihrimah looked at Konur in concern, but then she heard a thump and saw Osman lying on the wooden floor of the gallows.

Everyone looked for the culprit, and it was shown the be a Seljuk solder, who shoot the arrow and saved Osman.

''Do you want to die?!'' Vizier Alemshah yelled angrily at the soldier, but the soldier didn't even flinch. ''Sultan Mesud did this, Vizier Alemshah! It his his order.''

Soldier rode up to the gallows and dismounted his horse, making his way in front of Vizier Alemshah, who was taken aback by what her heard. ''How did this happen? Osman is a rebel, who tried to kill me. He was sentenced to death.''

''It is Sultan Mesud's order. He wants Osman to be taken to Konya. If Osman had to be killed, we wouldn't save him.''

Osman's gaze unconsciously drifted to Mihrimah, who still looked at him with a solemn expression.

Either she had a hand in this, or not. He couldn't read her expression.

Vizier Alemshah, who seemed angry, didn't believe the soldier. ''Is the life of the Vizier of Seljuk State worth less than the life of a rebel, since you are saving him from death?''

''The order belongs to the Sultan. Disobeying the order and killing Osman, is going against the Sultan's orders. And that means rebellion. Then I won't take Osman to Konya, but you, Mighty Vizier.'' the soldier said and motioned for some of his men to take Osman and his alps' nooses off their necks and took them away.

The Vizier then turned to Konur looking for answers. ''How did this soldier know that we were going to execute Osman, Konur?''

''Maybe Kosses had a hand in this?'' Mihrimah tried to draw the Vizier's attention away from Konur. ''It is not to know which of the Tekfur's men are to trust, and might had alerted Kosses. But, I must say turning to the Sultan was a bold move, and he would have the time to do so.''

''Possibly.'' Alemshah grumbled.

Mihrimah looked at Konur, who gave her a nod of thanks.

Konur and Mihrimah had successfully executed their plan.

The Seljuk soldier arrived just in time, before the situation got out of hand.

Konur led Mihrimah through dimly lit corridors, as they were on their way to met the one man, who would aid them in their plan.

Mihrimah was still skeptical of all of this, but so far, Konur could have exposed her true intentions for being beside Alemshah. Reason for this being is that she had exposed every detail to Konur.  And the Vizier didn't seem to neither look nor act differently towards her, so it was all in good faith.

Finally, they arrived to a room where a soldier was waiting, his eyes lit up by the sight of the arrival of the two.

After greeting, they immediately cut to the chase, Konur was to first one to speak up. ''Vizier Alemshah is doing things against the will of Sultan Mesud. If Mihrimah's plan works, he will try to execute Osman Bey in Bilecik without a reason.''

''I know what your problem is, Vizier Alemshah.'' the soldier spoke to himself and then looked at both Konur and Mihrimah. ''But he will not get what he wants.''

''The Vizier is clearly confusing Sultan Mesud. I wouldn't put it past him to have the tongue of a snake.'' Mihrimah added.

The soldier nodded in agreement. ''We know the fate of a snake, he will pay for everything. The Kayi has the power to question them.''

Mihrimah's brows furrowed in confusion and decided to question this mysterious soldier. ''How come? Why do you trust us so easily?''

The soldier motioned her and Konur to come closer . ''With all due respect, Mihrimah, granddaughter of Ertuğrul Ghazi, you aren't the only one who belong to the Kayis.''

He then took his skin-bottle and showed them the Kayi mark on it. ''Kayi is everywhere. We go through the same path. The freedom of Turks.''

''EyvAllah.'' Mihrimah smiled.

''My name is Igezli Cavus. My father was Turan Bey and used to tell me everything about your grandfather, Ertuğrul Ghazi, son of Suleyman Shah. They fought together in many battles. He also knew your father, Tariq Bey.''

''Good. Then no one will know of what we have informed you, Igezli Cavus, son of Turan Bey.'' Mihrimah said.

''Even Osman Bey will think that he is saved by the Sultan.'' Konur intervened.

Igezli Cavus nodded. ''Don't worry. For the continuation of our state, we will not let our friends notice our friendship and enemies notice our hostility.''

Word count: 1730

La Ghaliba Illallah - There is no victor but Allah.

The Testimony of Faith - The Shahada (shahadah) is the Arabic term for the declaration of faith in one God (Allah) and His messenger.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

49.4K 1.9K 21
Helen was born in Greece and lived there until her tenth birthday, she was kidnapped by the Tatar and sent as a present to the Ottoman castle. She di...
936K 43.3K 49
" I do!!" She said in shaky tone. It was still unbelievable for her that her dad made her deal with a Mafia king just for some pennys. She could see...
136K 4.6K 61
Rose was just a normal girl living her life with her loving family as any normal person would, that is until the barbarians attack her village and ki...
5.4K 118 25
Feriha. A beautiful young woman kidnapped by Bandits on the night of her Wedding, before being sold to the ruthless Ögedei Khan. Her Husband's family...