Cursed Beauty (ON HOLD)

By highway_lights

"She's become the center of attention in the werewolf community. Everyone wants to know what's going on with... More

<000>
<002>
<003>
<004>

<001>

1.4K 59 2
By highway_lights

Brynn pov

The sun began to hide behind the rolling hills. Rays of oranges and reds filled the sky. I loved sights like these. They reminded me of my mom. She passed away when I was only 9 years old. Heart cancer is a bitch when it wants to be.

*Flashback*
"Mr. Stone, I'm sorry to say that she only has 24 hours." The old doctor says with the clipboard in his hand. Glaring at the floor, I clench my fists.

"No! She can't die! She's only 30! I love her! We need her!" Father yells at the doctor. Tears run down his cheeks as he puts his hands in his hair.

"I'm sorry-"

"No! No you're not!" Dad growls out opening the door to Mom's room and slamming it shot and locking it.

"Daddy." I say quietly. He looks over to me and then kneels in front of me taking my hands in his.

"She's not going to die. She's going to live. She's going to drive you to school. She's going to see you graduate high school and college." All the lies that came from him seemed to break him down more. "She's going..."

"Dad." I say grabbing his face with my small hands. Tears stain our cheeks and make our eyes red and puffy. "It's okay." He just shakes his head.

"No no no--"

"Dad. She's going to be gone. We can't use this time to deny what's going to happen. We have to accept it." I say looking into his lost eyes. Nodding he stands pulling me up with him and wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you Mercury." He says kissing my forehead. Smiling weakly I tighten my arms around him.

"I love you too Dad."

End Flashback

I'm 15 years old now, and my birthday just happened a few days ago. It's not big in my house, because my father doesn't even remember it's my birthday. He's too busy with intoxicating his mind with drugs and alcohol. Ever since my mom passed away, his addiction got worse. It didn't get too bad until I was eleven. At eleven I learned how to drive, because I had to pick my dad up from the bar. I had to make three meals a day. I had to juggle school too. I became the parent and my parent became the child. That's not how it should happen, but it did.

So here I am, parked at a quiet place with nothing but nature and myself. It's a way for me to get away without getting away. But moments like these can only last so long, because my phone is ringing. Sighing, I pulled it from my back pocket to see Ted's called ID flash across the screen. Great. I clicked the green button and put it up to my ear.

"Hey Ted, what's up?" I asked already knowing what was up. Ted is the owner and bartender at my dad's favorite bar.

"Your dad is here, Brynn." I sighed and ran a hand through my short hair. "He's already drunk and he walked in. I think you should come pick him up." I sucked on my teeth and looked down at my dirty converse.

"I'll be there in ten, just give him water and say it's vodka." I said and hung up the phone. I walked around to the drivers side, but before I could get in a bark sounded behind me. My head whipped around and I saw a large husky. It was absolutely breathtaking, especially its crystal ice blue eyes.

I turned my whole body and squatted down. He walked over and nuzzled my hand. My heart melted and I ran my hands through it's fur.

"Aren't you beautiful?" I smiled but he growled a bit. "Oh excuse me, aren't you handsome?" I laughed and kissed his head. I really want to take him home, but we can't afford a pet. "See ya' buddy." I gave him one last scratch on the head and I settled into the car. He stayed outside watching me as I turned the engine over. As I drive away, he watched me and the image of him stayed in my mind the whole way to the bar.

I parked the car and stepped out. I always dread picking him up when he's drunk. He always talks about Mom or he's aggressive. He's not abusive, he just has no filter.

I walked up to the entrance and I opened the door.

*Flashback*

Why does math have to be so difficult. I don't understand it. With frustration, I erased the written work and threw my pencil down. Before I could let out anymore frustration the home phone started ringing. The home phone barely starts ringing.

I jump off my bed and run down the stairs. As I walk into the kitchen it continues. The caller ID, I've never seen it before. I'll ignore it. I run back up stairs and fall onto my bed to continue homework. The phone stops ringing and I forget about it.

Five minutes have past of me staring at one problem and the phone is ringing again. You have got to be kidding me. I stand from the bed and run downstairs to the phone. It's the same caller ID. I sigh and pick up the phone.

"Hello?" There's nothing on the line for a second or two.

"Yes, is this Brynn?" It was a male voice. There was music in the background and laughter.

"Uh yeah. Who's this?" I asked the man.

"I'm Ted. Henry told me to call you and tell you he needs you to come drive him home. He's here at the bar." My heart sank. Has it gotten to this?

"Um, Ted's Bar?" I asked and he confirmed the name of the bar. "I'll be there in twenty minutes." My voice was shaky as I hung up the phone. I walked over to the door and slipped some shoes on. I locked the house and went over to my bike. Tonight is going to be a long night.

I arrived at the bar twenty minutes later. My legs sore from all the peddling. I put the kick stand down and I walked to the entrance. When I opened the door I was overwhelmed with cigarette smoke and music. I looked all around until I saw my dad slouched over the bar with his head in his hands.

I walked over to him and rubbed his back. He jumped up and looked at me with his empty drunk eyes.

"Baby, you made it." He have a goofy smile and I just stared at him in disbelief. I don't think I've ever seen him this drunk. Before I could say anything, a man from behind the bar walked up to us.

"Are you Brynn?" He asked with shock written all over his face. I hesitantly nodded. "How old are you?" His second question floated in the air.

"I'm eleven." I said and he just grew more shocked. "We should get going." I said quickly before looking at my dad. "Come on Dad, let's go home." Dad nodded and slipped slowly off the chair.

"Here," I stopped dead in my tracks and sighed. This is embarrassing. The guy walked up next to Dad and wrapped his arm over his shoulders. "Let me help." I nodded and lead all of us out the door towards Dad's car. I grabbed the keys and unlocked the car. The man put Dad in the passenger as I opened the trunk to put my bike in it.

As I walked over, the man had grabbed it and put it in for me shutting the trunk. I nodded at him and got into the drivers seat.

"Have you driven before?" He asked and I nodded turning the engine over. "Well then drive safe." I nodded again and put the car in reverse. "Oh, and by the way I'm Ted."

*End Flashback*

The familiar smell of cigarette smoke surrounded me and so did the music. I saw Dad in the same spot he always sits with a shot glass between his fingers. I sighed and walked over to him and rubbed his back. He looked up at me with the same empty drunken look. No smile though. That faded years ago.

"Come on Dad." I said like I always do. "Let's go home." He stood and laid all his weight on me. I sighed and started to walk us out.

"Brynn!" I stopped and looked over my shoulder to see Ted running over with a present. Oh no. "I didn't see you on your birthday, so here you go kid." He held out the brown wrapped box to me. I let Dad sit back down and I grab the present.

"Yes you didn't have to." I looked up at him and he shrugged.

"What can I say, you're like a daughter to me." I shook my head with a smile and started to open the present. It was a shoe box, but then I opened it and I found a sketchbook and pencils.

"Aw, Ted." I pulled him into a tight hug and tried to fight the tears. This is the first present I have received in six years. "I love it, I really do." I said when we pulled away.

"Good. Now you can keep drawing." He smiled down at the present in accomplishment. "Now get home." He looked at Dad and sighed. "I'll help you get him to the car." Ted hooked his head under Dad's arm and we walked out of the bar together. Ted put him in the passenger and I got in the driver seat. "Drive safe, and call me when you get home." I smiled and told him I would before backing out of the parking lot.

Not one minute after leaving the bar, Dad speaks up.

"I was fired today." His voice was deadpanned. I averted my eyes from the road momentarily before looking back up. "Bob, he took my job, and I got fired." Anger boiled inside of me at the thought of Bob. Now, right there is a sick man.

*Flashback* (TRIGGER WARNING)

"Can we go see her?" I ask and he sighs again.

"Sorry sweetie, but we can't. She needs her rest. For now you're going to go home with daddy's friend." Daddy says and I nod.

Daddy's friend, Bob, is nice. I've known him my whole life, but sometimes he does stuff I don't like. He tells me it's okay and not to tell anyone. I hope he doesn't do it. If he does though, I have to listen or he'll get mad at me.

When Bob gets to the hospital, he picks me up and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I smile and he puts me down. Bob and Daddy talk for a bit, and I wait holding my baby dolls.

When we get home, Bob tells me to go to the living room while he makes dinner. While I'm waiting I begin to color my coloring pages.

Bob comes to the living room with Mac&cheese in bowls. I smile and begin to eat while he watches. When I'm done I get onto the couch next to Bob.

"How's my little baby doing?" He asks pulling me onto his lap. My legs are on either side of his.

"Good. I'm just worried about Mommy." I say sadly. Bob frowns.

"Let's not worry about Mommy right now, okay?" He says and I nod. "For now, I want you to give me kisses." Oh no. Not this! I have to, or he'll get mad. Nodding I scoot closer to him and kiss him.

Bob makes a noise and pulls me closer. Whimpering I continue to kiss him. Next, Bob lays me down on the couch and starts rubbing himself against me. Finally he pulls away and I try to get away.

"I want you to make me happy baby. Can You do that for me?" He asks and I shake my head crying. "Brynn!" I wince at his voice and nod quickly.

Bob takes off his pants and underwear letting his big thingy out. Tears roll down my cheeks. He gets closer but before he can put it in my mouth, the phone rings.

Bob grabs it and answers. His eyes widen and he hangs up. Bob looks at me and smiles.

"Daddy's on his way home." Is all he says before pulling up his pants and getting the bowls.

*End Flashback*

I grimaced as he memory ended. I was only eight years old. My innocence had been stripped of me a year before that, but it's still sick. Dad was mumbling to himself as I drove down the dark road. I've grown used to driving at night, and I actually enjoy.

"Brynn," I glanced over at Dad before looking back at the road. "Turn around." Wait what? "Turn around we have to go see Mom." This is new.

"No Dad. Mom is gone." I said keeping a firm grip on the wheel. He grumbled and sat up facing me.

"Brynn Stone listen to me. I said turn around!" His voice rose as he reached forward for the wheel and pulled it towards him. The car jerked to the right and suddenly we were airborne. A scream came from my lips as the car barreled down the road. I couldn't breathe because of the smoke and I saw black spots. Before I could look to see if Dad was okay, everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 74.3K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
69.8K 2.9K 20
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...
218K 9.8K 38
Thrown out and bashed by her own family, April Rutter was among the only wolves who couldn't shift nor held any powers. Mocked by male wolves and abu...
113K 3.7K 44
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...