Avatar 2009

By TMNT1980

When a young woman named Isabella or Izzy Augustine comes to the world of Pandora with her good friend Jake S... More

Info on this story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N

Chapter 11

47 2 0
By TMNT1980

*3rd POV*

Jake sat in his wheelchair with his head in his hands. Guilt swarmed his entire being. Norm, Grace and Jake were thrown into a locked jail cell. You needed a special key card to open the door, and there was no way there were getting out anytime soon.

Soldiers suddenly started coming back into the room outside the cell, shouting and blocking their view. Grace stood to her feet and started to look over them, while Jake bent down, looking between their sides. A table was rolled inside, and a blue body was laid on that table.

"Izzy!" Grace gasped. "What are you doing with her?! Let her go!" Grace demanded as she banged on the glass door that kept them in. Izzy may not be her daughter, but Izzy was raised by Grace, for Eywa, so Grace was protective.

"Izzy? Izzy! No! No!" Jake cried out in anguish. "She better be alive you giant assholes!" Jake was worried for one of his mates.

"Shut up, the lot of you!" One of the soldiers demanded, slamming his fist on the glass door. "The princess here is just fine. A bit knocked out, though." He grinned. "Had to use three tranqs to get her down."

"Three?!" Grace and Norm gasped.

"Just one is enough to take down an elephant! You could have killed her!" Norm shouted. 

"Yeah, well. She'll be fine. Too bad she's a massive savage. A pretty little thing, isn't she?" He laughed and stroked her cheek.

"Don't touch her!" Jake growled angrily, slamming his own first against the glass, protective of one of his mates. She had mates, and Jake was going to make sure, that they all made it back to each other.

"Lock her up." He demanded.

The table was pushed into the cell next to theirs and locked up. Jake sighed, as there was no window to see into the cell beside them. He was entirely glad Izzy was safe, but she was in this mess because of him and that made him feel even worse. And he lied to her. He lied to one his mates, the mate he told everything, but this time, he didn't tell her anything.

Hours passed and no one else had come in, until Trudy showed up with a lunch cart. She knocked on the outside door and was buzzed in by the desk soldier who sat on guard of them.

"What's going on, brother? Long time no see." Trudy greeted him with a large smile. "Jake, Grace and Norm sat up and looked out their glass door, after hearing her voice.

"Hey." He greeted her back.

"Personally, I don't feel these tree hugging traitors deserve steak." She chuckled.

"They get steak?" The security guard gasped. "That's bullshit. Let me see that." He leaned down to open the chart and peep inside at their food. 

Trudy chuckled again, walking around to the bend over officer, pulling out her pistol and holding it to his head.

"Yeah. You know that that is. Down." She demanded.

"Trudy!" Norm called to her, shocked.

"All the way down." Trudy forced the security guard down to the ground and then pistol whipped him in the back of the head unconscious. "Max!" Trudy grinned as she called out to him, placing her pistol back in her pocket.

Max quickly ran into the cell block as Trudy moved the body out of the way. He scanned a key card and input a code, allowing the doorway to open. Before he moved over towards Izzy's cell, doing the same. He quickly entered it and pushed the large bed, with the sill unconscious Izzy out. Jake rolled out of the cell and to the bedside, gently touching her hand. "You idiot...You should have went with our mates..." Jake whispered to one of his mates.

"Come on, we gotta move." Trudy said quickly.

The small group rushed out of the cells and began running across the base. Grace and Max pushed Izzy's bed, while Norm covered them from the front. Jake rolled ahead with Trudy.

"Trudy, fire up the ship. Go!" Max told her quickly.

"Here." She handed another gun to Norm as he ran up beside her. The two of them quickly made towards the aircraft hangar ahead of the others. "Clear. Come on." Trudy told him quickly. Norm moved around and grabbed air masks from the container.

"Here you go." Norm handed her a mask.

The two ran out outside towards Trudy's helicopter, while Max and Grace continued to push Izzy's table. Jake rolled in front of them with gun in hand, checking around every corner and making sure it was clear.

"Max, stay here." Jake stopped him quickly as they approached the door to the hanger. "I need someone on the inside that I can trust."

"Okay. Jake, they were going to use her as bait to make the Na'vi move whenever and wherever. Keep her safe." Max told him and Jake nodded.

"Always. She's one of my mates."

Grace and Jake made their way through the hanger towards Trudy's helicopter.

"Clear." Norm whispered to Trudy and she nodded, beginning to turn on the helicopter.

"Come on, baby."

"Colonel? Sir? I got a situation here." A security woman said form the main desk in the control room. She pulled up the security footage showing Norm and Trudy in the helicopter and starting her up. "It's samson 1-6. Unauthorized engine start."

They watched as Izzy's body was lifted on to the helicopter, with Jake being lifted next. Quaritch snarled and slammed down his hand on the table. Quickly leaving the room to go after them.

"Three!" Norm shouted, lifting Jake's body onto the platform.

Jake crawled up towards one of his mates' bodies.

"Come on!" Trudy yelled to the others.

"Masks on!" Quaritch yelled, bargaining out the door to the control room into the Pandora air. No mask on his own face and gun in hand.

"Gas, gas, gas!" A soldier cried as the door was left open. Each of the people inside the control room placed masks on their faces.

"I'm taking fire! Let's go!" Trudy yelled as bullets started raining down on her windshield.

Norm climbed up as Grace handed him Jake's wheelchair, following in afterwards. Trudy began to lift from the ground, Colonel Quaritch still firing at them. The helicopter turned and began to fly towards the hanger exit. Bullets rained in through the doors and they all ducked, until they stopped. 

Quaritch's gun ran out of ammo and he pulled out his pistol from his belt. Using that to shoot at the leaving helicopter, but quickly stopped as the range was just to far.

"Colonel!" A soldier ran out to him with an extra mask. He nodded and placed the mask on his face, allowing him to breathe.

"Yeah!" Jake cheered as they got away.

"All right! Yes!" Norm cheered alongside him.

*My POV*

I had blacked out and the pain disappeared. I felt nothing. Until I felt one of my mates near, I wanted to call out to him, but I couldn't move. My head was clouded. I started to hear the sounds around me, the voices whispering in my ears, gun fire, and cheering.

"Come back, daughter. You are needed. Come home. Our people are at the Tree of Souls." Mother's voice whispered in my head and I groaned quietly. "Grace will need you."

"Yeah!" Jake's voice echoed through my ears.

"All right! Yes!" Norm cheered.

Wait....Norm?!

I heard Trudy's laugh and I jolted forward. I was in Trudy's helicopter. "Jake?! Norm?! Trudy?!" I asked shocked.

"Izzy!" They shouted.

I smiled at them, but I punched Jake in the shoulder a little.

I looked at Grace and I noticed her hand on her side and she looked down. "Crap."

'Mother, can I still call Grace Mom? She did raise me...' I thought to my mother. I got the yes and I looked back at Grace.

"Mom?" I asked gently as I went over to her as I looked at her wound. "You're hurt!"

"Grace." Jake gasped seeing her move her hands to reveal the blood.

"This is gonna ruin my whole day." Grace groaned as I placed my hands over her side.

"Grace is hit!" Jake called up to Trudy. He and Norm approach.

"What?" Trudy gasped.

"Get the trauma kit!" Jake and I demanded and Norm quickly moved into action.

"Jake, why did you lie to me?" I asked as I glared at him. 

Jake looks down. "Quaritch mentioned he'd get me new legs, if I did...But I love Neytiri, Tsu'tey and you, and the forest. You gotta believe me."

My eyes softened before I smacked him upside the head a little. "Skawng."

We all chuckled a little at that.

"Hang on, Mom." I said gently to Grace as I helped her lay down and place pressure.

"It doesn't matter." She said painfully. "It's fine."

The helicopter flew through the Hallelujah Mountains, until it landed on the top of one. Metal containers rested in their spots, and I helped carry Grace off the helicopter. Norm rushed inside and brought out a stretcher, allowing me to place her body on it.

We took her inside, and Norm climbed into one of the pods. I watched and noticed his Avatar approach.

"I could use your help. We need to move the base." Norm asked gently and I immediately nodded.

I quickly followed Norm out and we climbed to the top of the metal container, attaching the hooks from Trudy's helicopter, securing them into place.

"You're good to go!" Jake told her over the radio, while Norm and I gave him a thumbs up.

"Take it up!" Norm yelled over the loud engine.

"Hold on, I'm pulling pitch." Trudy replied lifting slowly into the air.

We hold onto the rope.

"Just keep going north. Get us deep into the mountains." Jake informed her over the radio.

"Copy that."

"Norm, are you and Izzy all good up there?" Jake asked curiously, checking on Norm's pod.

"Yep! Still here! We're hanging on." Norm replied.

"Well, at least they can't track us up here. Not this far into the vortex." Trudy relayed to him.

"It's strongest at the Tree of Souls, right?" Jake asked, remembering our conversation about her instruments.

"Right."

I suddenly, felt Tsu'tey and Neytiri's worry for me. I felt my heart break. My mates were lonely without me and Jake.

"Good, 'cause that's where we're going." Jake informed her.

Jake rolled his way back over towards Grace as she laid on one of the pods, covering up with blankets. He inserted a vile of liquid into Grace's arm.

"Ouch." She groaned.

"You big baby." Jake replied, looing at her bandages that were soaking in blood.

"We're moving?" Grace asked weakly.

"We're gonna get you some help, Grace." Jake assured her.

"I'm a scientist, remember? I don't believe in fairy tales." She said weakly.

"The People can help you. Izzy, Neytiri and Tsu'tey's going to help you." He whispered.

"Why would they help us?" Grace asked him seriously.

"The People say Eywa will provide. With no home, no hope, there was only one place they could go."

I watched as we passed over the Tree of Souls. My soul burned again as we got closer, feeling the heartache of my people. I also sensed Tsu'tey and Neytiri's worry. I frowned. In the forests not far from the Tree of Souls, Trudy lowered the container. I nodded at Norm, and went inside to Jake and Grace. 

(Time skip)

"Link's running." Norm called out to Jake inside the container. "What's the plan here, Jake?"

"With Jake, there is no plan, Norm." I said as I went outside.

Jake nods and lifted himself onto the empty pod bed.

"Ryan and Tsu'tey are the Ole'eyktan now. Ryan's not gonna let you near that place. Even with Izzy on our side." Norm told him concerned.

I yipped for Mahina. She flew to me and I climbed onto her and flew off to Home Tree or what's left of it.

*3rd POV*

"I gotta try." Jake replied and laid down into the pod.

"Launching." Norm sighed. 

*My POV*

I made it to Home Tree and saw Jake's body and flew to it and waited for him to wake up.

I saw Jake's eyes open back in his Avatar body. His first breathe was like smoke was caught in his lungs. He sat forward and coughed, realizing he was surrounded by ash from the fallen Home Tree. He quickly got to his feet and began walking through the woods with me at his side. Unsure of how to become worthy of his mate again. How to help her save their people. "Jake, we need to save our people. Quaritch will stop at nothing to kill us." I told one of my mates softly.

"I know..." Jake said sighing.

"I need to protect the people. I'm the daughter of the Great Mother..." I rubbed my arms together.

"Out cast. Betrayer. Alien. I was in that place the eye does not see. I needed their help, and they needed ours. But to ever face them again, I was gonna have to take it to a whole new level."

Jake and I turned hearing screeching in the sky above us. Mahina and Aharnish glided downwards towards us, landing in front of us screeching happily. Jake and I smiled slight and reached forward towards our banshees.

"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."

"There's something we gotta do." Jake told us gently as he gained an idea. "You're not gonna like it. Yah!" He commanded as they bonded and Jake calmed aboard, I climbed on Mahina. 

Mahina and Aharnish flew up into the skies with screeches. We flew around higher than normal for what felt like hours. Unlike Jake finally saw what he was looking for. The Great Leonopeteryx loomed just below them in flight.

"Jake, you cannot be doing, what I think your doing!" I whispered shouted at him, he just looked at me with a grin. "Jake Sully, don't you fucking do it!" I whisper shouted.

"They way I had it figured, Toruk is the baddest cat in the sky. Nothing attacks him."

"Easy, boy." Jake shushed Aharnish as he squeaked gently.

"So why would he never look up? But that was just a theory."

Jake and Aharnish dove downwards quiet and stealthy. He released their bond and jumped onto the back of the Last Shadow, surprising the creature.

I dived down next. "You can do it, Jake!"

Jake formed a bond between the two of them and we headed for the Tree of Souls. 

*3rd POV*

Mo'at, Neytiri, Tsu'tey, Stitch and Jasiri sat under the All Mother's tree, Izzy's mothers tree. While the surviving Omatikaya people sat on the sacred rounds below, singing her praise.

*My POV*

The others felt the shadow cross above them and they opened their eyes. The people all turned and watched in growing alarm, before they began screaming at the sight of the Toruk headed right for them, not knowing Jake was on it and I flew behind him.

I saw Jasiri screamed as she backed away. Neytiri and Tsu'tey stood firmly in their places, feeling the gift of our presence among them. Jake's shadow sat on top of Toruk and Neytiri and Tsu'tey knew it was him.

The people screamed and backed away as he landed in the circle on the great beast as it roared. Jake jumped off it's neck and detached their bond, before giving him a quick pat, as gently reassurance. He walked to Mahina as she landed, and helped me down, and I landed on the ground, feeling my mother's presence. They all looked on, some in fear, some coming around to amazement, and some in pure shock.

Happiness filled Neytiri and Tsu'tey's cores at the sight of us. They knew we were special.

"Toruk Macto." Mo'at whispered in shock.

Jake and I made eye contact with Neytiri and Tsu'tey. We all slowly began walking towards each other. Jake and I passed through the people who bowed and touched him as a sign of praise. While Neytiri and Tsu'tey stepped down the short path to the Tree of Souls and met us there. Our eye connected and bore into one another, showing every emotion that had occurred over the past day. A shaky breath escaped my lips as they controlled their urge to be with them. 

"I see you." Neytiri and Tsu'tey breathed out.

"I see you." Jake and I smiled.

Jake nervously raised his arm, lightly letting his hand graze Neytiri and Tsu'tey's arms. I put my hand on their arms as well as the four of us smiled slightly.

We relished in the electricity that sparked between us. Seeing Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I relaxed, let Jake relax.

Tsu'tey and Neytiri's hands traveled up my arm to my cheeks and behind my neck. I stepped forward towards them with Jake and placed my own hand on their chests. We leaned against each other, touching foreheads and taking a deep breathe. 

"I'm sorry." Jake whispered.

"No, I was afraid, Jake." Neytiri told him quietly as she pulled back slightly. "For my people. I'm not anymore."

Tsu'tey, Jake, Neytiri and I looked into each others eyes as I laid my head on their chests, and they held me close. "Neytiri told me, the Sky People took you." Tsu'tey said.

"They did, but Jake saved me." I said softly.

Jake let out a shaky breathe of relief and smiled at Neytiri. Placing a soft kiss to mine and Neytiri's foreheads, Tsu'tey doing the same to us, and Jake and Tsu'tey put their foreheads on each other. Jake released Neytiri and Tsu'tey released me.

I rushed to Neytiri and we hugged tightly.

Jake and Tsu'tey hugged as well. 

Jake released Tsu'tey and turned towards Ryan. "Ryan. I stand before you, ready to serve the Omatikaya people. You are Olo'eyktan." He explained softly, slowly walking towards Ryan. Tsu'tey and Neytiri held me close with his arm around my waist.

Tsu'tey, Neytiri and I walked to Mo'at. "You are a great warrior. And I can't do this without you and Skylar."

Ryan swallowed and looked between Jake and the Toruk, before looking back at him.

"Toruk Macto, I will fly with you." He replied gently, placing his hand over Jake's heart.

Tsu'tey, Neytiri and I smiled at each other as we held each other's hands, happily.

"Our friend is dying." Jake pleaded. He looked over at Mo'at. "Grace is dying. I beg the help of Eywa."

Mo'at looked at me and I nodded. She closed her eyes for a moment and when they reopened, she touched his shoulder.

"Eywa can help you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 471 19
A young na'vi baby had been abandoned in the wildness and left to fend for herself but she was welcome by chef and his tribe when they came across h...
523K 11.2K 15
Jake isn't the only disabled one in the Sully family. Angelina Sully was born deaf but this never hindered her from going far in the world. Angel and...
5.8K 186 12
A human reader had been raised on pandora do to her parents having work there, she will spend most of her childhood being with the omacayia children...
336K 7.2K 85
This story is about a girl, y/n, who was abandoned on Pandora after the war against the sky people and Omatikaya clan after her parents died. She re...