Noh Nara: Disorders & Delusio...

By xenychtao

If you have a penchant for those brave, just, and kind characters, then Nara is not for you. She's everything... More

⚡ Author's Note | Nota de la autora ⚡
Adventure in Action: Character
Aventura en Acción: Personaje
Prompts | Disparadores
Mission 01
Mission 02
Mission 03

Mission 04

20 2 0
By xenychtao

Nara bolted upright in her seat, knocking her cell phone to the floor in the process. Her eyes darted from side to side, scanning her surroundings alertly. The bedroom was illuminated by the dim yellow light of the lamp that she had left on the nightstand. Eager to verify something, she lifted her arms and rolled up her hoodie's sleeves.

The relief that came over her when she saw the tattoos on her wrists was such that she collapsed on the armchair limply. She really didn't know whether to be grateful or curse that it had all been a nightmare. Nara then continued to wipe the cold sweat on her forehead and neck with her sleeve, meanwhile she calmed her heavy breathing.

Another shrill sound caught her attention, and she averted her tired eyes to the phone lying on the floor. On the locked screen was the time and a couple of unread message notifications. Apparently, she had fallen asleep while waiting for a response from the store where she had made an online purchase.

Long story short, her order should have arrived yesterday, but it didn't. When entering the shipment tracking, it came out as "delivered", so Nara proceeded to file a complaint with the company. She then fell asleep in the armchair that was in the corner of her bedroom.

After picking up her phone, Nara unlocked the screen with her fingerprint and then opened the messages. One had been received around 9 p.m. and was from the sportswear store informing her that her package had been delivered. The other message was from an unknown number received only at 11:50 pm.

"Good evening.

We would like to inform you that there was a mix-up and one of our packages has been delivered to the wrong participant. Our Retrieval and Removal Service agent is already at your home address. We're deeply sorry for this mistake, and regret your prompt disposal."

InterD-Gate Trips

Nara frowned and reread the message, wondering if they had gotten the wrong number or if it was a joke. The first thing that struck her as odd was the agent. Maybe they had arrived when she was sleeping? The second, the time at which the message had been sent. Third and most important, prompt disposal? Disposal of what?

Perhaps, that package... Nara looked in the direction of the bed. Certainly, she had received something a few days ago. As the packaging had no recipient or sender, she proceeded to open it to find even the name of the company so she could return it, however, all she found was a glass ornament in the shape of a door. There was no other information.

Having lost interest, she simply put the ornament back in the box and threw it under the bed. It wasn't hers, so she wouldn't use it, but she wouldn't go out of her way to find its owner either. Someday the company would realize the mistake and retrieve it.

And just as she had inferred, the company finally caught on.

But how did they get my number? she wondered, but after a few seconds she dismissed this matter for later. The pressing thing was to verify who had stolen her purchase.

Nara then stood up and walked towards her bedroom door, at the same time logging into her home entrance camera app to look for the previous day's footage. She moved the video cursor and fast-forwarded it with one hand, while unlocking the door lock with the other.

Suddenly, something caught her attention on the screen and she froze.

The video showed how a cadet rang the doorbell, placed the package down, and then left. Minutes later, another hooded person appeared. Based on his height and build, it was a man. He was very careful and never showed his face to the camera, then he took the package on the ground and read the labels on it. Noticing that it was not what he was looking for, the man went on to meticulously pick the lock on the door, and finally entered the house.

Nara fast-forwarded the video, but she never saw the stranger leave. What was even more shocking was that she didn't see anything out of place. If this man had stolen or moved anything, she would have noticed it immediately. This meant that he was not just any intruder.

At that moment, Nara heard a 'click' and lowered her gaze to her hand that was still resting motionless on the doorknob. Someone had moved it from the other side. Before she could back away, the door was flung open with such force that it ended up crashing into her face. The next thing she felt was a strong impact against her stomach that left her breathless and sent her flying to the side of the bed.

The man attacked silently, his actions precise and efficient. Seeing the woman on the ground, he prepared the rope he already had at hand and approached her. Sensing the imminent danger, Nara jumped up and grabbed the lamp on the nightstand, throwing it at the intruder. The sound of shattering glass echoed in the narrow bedroom that had now been plunged into absolute darkness.

Next, several guttural sounds and banging were heard, until after a few minutes silence once again reigned in the bedroom. A light was turned on. The flashlight of a phone illuminated the scene of a man lying motionless on the ground with a rope tied around his neck.

Nara tried to regulate her breathing and wiped the blood from her split lip. Just at that instant, the man she thought was unconscious reached under the bed and took out the box she had kept, then pulled out the strange ornament from it and broke it.

The next thing Nara heard was the roaring cheers of a frenzied crowd.

Word count: 980

Nara se incorporó de golpe en su asiento, tirando su móvil al suelo en el proceso. Sus ojos fueron de un lado a otro, registrando su entorno con atención. El dormitorio estaba iluminado por la tenue luz amarilla de la lámpara que había dejado sobre la mesita de noche. Ansiosa por comprobar algo, levantó los brazos y se arremangó la sudadera.

El alivio que sintió al ver los tatuajes de sus muñecas fue tal que se desplomó en el sillón sin fuerzas. Realmente no sabía si agradecer o maldecir que todo hubiera sido una pesadilla. Nara siguió secándose el sudor frío de la frente y el cuello con la manga, mientras calmaba su agitada respiración.

Otro sonido estridente captó su atención, y ella desvió su vista cansada hacia el móvil tirado en el suelo. En la pantalla bloqueada aparecía la hora y un par de notificaciones de mensajes sin leer. Al parecer, se había quedado dormida mientras esperaba una respuesta de la tienda donde había hecho una compra online.

Larga historia corta, su pedido debería haber llegado ayer, pero no fue así. Al entrar en el seguimiento del envío, este salía como "entregado", por lo que Nara procedió a presentar una queja a la empresa. Entonces se quedó dormida en el sillón que había en un rincón de su dormitorio.

Tras alzar su móvil, Nara desbloqueó la pantalla con su huella y abrió los mensajes. Uno lo había recibido a las nueve de la noche y era de la tienda de ropa deportiva, en el que le informaban que su paquete había sido entregado. El otro mensaje era de un número desconocido que recibió a las 23:50hs.

"Buenas noches.

Nos gustaría informarle de que ha habido una confusión y uno de nuestros paquetes ha sido entregado al participante equivocado. Nuestro agente del Servicio de Recuperación y Ejecución ya se encuentra en su domicilio. Sentimos profundamente este error y lamentamos su pronta disposición."

InterD-Gate Trips

Nara frunció el ceño y releyó el mensaje, preguntándose si se habían equivocado de número o si se trataba de una broma. Lo primero que le pareció extraño fue el agente. ¿Quizá habían llegado cuando ella dormía? Lo segundo, la hora a la que se había enviado el mensaje. El tercero y más importante, ¿pronta disposición? ¿Deshacerse de qué?

«Tal vez, ese paquete...» Nara miró en dirección a la cama. Ciertamente, había recibido algo hacía unos días. Como el envoltorio no tenía destinatario ni remitente, ella procedió a abrirlo para encontrar el nombre de la empresa y así poder devolverlo, sin embargo, lo único que encontró fue un adorno de cristal con forma de puerta. No había más información.

Habiendo perdido el interés, ella volvió a guardar el adorno en la caja y lo tiró debajo de la cama. No era suyo, así que no lo usaría, pero tampoco se esforzaría por encontrar a su dueño. Algún día la empresa se daría cuenta del error y lo recuperaría.

Y tal como ella había deducido, la empresa acabó dándose cuenta.

«Pero, ¿cómo consiguieron mi número?», se preguntó, pero al cabo de unos segundos dejó este asunto para más tarde. Lo apremiante era comprobar quién le había robado el pedido.

Nara se levantó y se dirigió hacia la puerta de su dormitorio, al tiempo que se conectaba a la aplicación de la cámara de la entrada de su casa para buscar la grabación del día anterior. Movió el cursor del vídeo y lo adelantó con una mano, mientras abría la cerradura de la puerta con la otra.

De repente, algo en la pantalla llamó su atención y se quedó paralizada.

El vídeo mostraba cómo un cadete llamaba al timbre, dejaba el paquete en el suelo, y se marchaba. Minutos después, otra persona encapuchada apareció. Por su estatura y complexión, se trataba de un hombre. Con mucho cuidado y sin mostrar su rostro a la cámara, cogió el paquete que estaba en el suelo y leyó las etiquetas pegadas en el mismo. Al darse cuenta de que no era lo que buscaba, el hombre prosiguió a forzar la cerradura de la puerta con meticulosidad, para finalmente ingresar al domicilio.

Nara adelantó el vídeo, pero jamás vio salir al desconocido. Lo que le resultó aún más insólito fue que ella no vio nada fuera de lugar. Si este hombre hubiera robado o movido algo, ella lo habría notado de inmediato. Esto significaba que no era un intruso cualquiera.

En ese momento, Nara escuchó un 'clic' y bajó la mirada hacia su mano, que seguía inmóvil sobre el pomo de la puerta. Alguien lo había movido desde el otro lado. Antes de que pudiera retroceder, la puerta se abrió de golpe con tal fuerza que acabó estrellándose contra su cara. Lo siguiente que sintió fue un fuerte impacto contra su estómago que la dejó sin aliento y la hizo volar hacia un lado de la cama.

El hombre atacó en silencio, sus acciones precisas y eficaces. Al ver a la mujer en el suelo, él preparó la cuerda que ya tenía a mano y se acercó a ella. Sintiendo el peligro inminente, Nara se levantó de un salto y agarró la lámpara de la mesilla, lanzándola contra el intruso. El ruido del vidrio rompiéndose retumbó en el estrecho dormitorio que ahora se había sumido en la oscuridad absoluta.

A continuación, se oyeron varios sonidos guturales y golpes, hasta que al cabo de unos minutos el silencio volvió a reinar en el dormitorio. Una luz fue encendida. La linterna de un móvil iluminó la escena de un hombre inmóvil en el suelo con una cuerda enroscada en su cuello.

Nara intentó regular su respiración y se limpió la sangre del labio partido. Justo en ese instante, el hombre que ella creía inconsciente metió la mano debajo de la cama y sacó la caja que había guardado, luego extrajo de ella el extraño adorno y lo rompió.

Lo siguiente que oyó Nara fueron los rugientes vítores de una multitud enloquecida.

Recuento de palabras: 999

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 12.9K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
164K 6.8K 83
A girl whom I thought as my best friend standing before me with a knife to kill me. She stabbed the knife onto my chest and told me "He will not like...
180K 8.9K 42
After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, more of a brat, Chloe Bourgeois, in a chi...