๐“๐€๐Œ๐„ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“ | ๐‘บ...

By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ......๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐š๐ข๐ฏ๐ž, ๏ฟฝ... More

|๐๐‘๐Ž๐…๐ˆ๐‹๐„|
| ๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ |
๐Ÿ | ๐†๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ | ๐๐ž๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ‘ | ๐€ ๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ’ | ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ“ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ” | ๐’๐š๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‡๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
๐Ÿ• | ๐ƒ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฒ ๐Œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ
๐Ÿ– | ๐€๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐†๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐Ÿ— | ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ญ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐Ž๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐–๐ข๐ฌ๐๐จ๐ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐€ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐˜๐ž๐š๐ซ
~ ๐“๐€๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐Ž ๐’๐„๐‚๐‘๐„๐“ ๐Ÿ ~
|๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ|
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘| ๐€ ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐Œ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | ๐€ ๐–๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‹๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•| ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐–๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | ๐”๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฉ๐ž ๐…๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐…๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ž๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ
|๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ|
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐‚๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ ๐Œ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐”๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐”๐ง๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | ๐‘๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | ๐†๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ฌ ๐‘๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• | ๐”๐ง๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | ๐€ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐š
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ| ๐ƒ๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ข๐ฆ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ง ๐…๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ 

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ

147 11 4
By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

~*~

A MONTH LATER 

The cherry Blossoms are indeed beautiful this time of year.........

Being under the direct care of Lady Amane, I never got to see Master since I've arrived. With his disease, his wife also treated him whilst doing so with me. I didn't feel as great when she tends to my needs, but I felt like she was being far too kind to allow me under her roof. However she insisted to give me treatment, due to my broken ribs that resulted from the incident.

But for some reason, today was rather different.........

Lady Amane guided me outside to the main meeting area, which was near the main garden of the estate near the verandah. The water fountain's tranquility, made the atmosphere more calming and relaxing to the desired design. Cherry Blossom petals dance in the gentle subtle wind, scattering across the pebbled ground. 

When I step to the pebbled grounds, they grind beneath my careful weight while steadily maintaining my balance. Lifting my gaze from being cautious, my eyes rest upon a row of the four Hashira on their knees. Lady Amane gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze of assurance, before she returns to sit behind Master on the verandah.

Standing there in confusion, I noticed Sanemi's subtle surprise to see me at the Hashira meeting as he studies my figure for a moment.

I knew each of them already, Gyomei Himejima 'The Stone Pillar' then there is Tengen Uzui, a former Shinobi and 'The Sound Pillar'. Next is Giyuu Tomioka, 'The Water Hashira'.......and then I already knew Sanemi 'The Wind Pillar'.

The only intimidating part about them, is their own opnions on my big brother. For some reason he got along with them, but he didn't gain much respect in regards towards the way he treated me. Seems word spread fast......

"Welcome my children, I apologise for Shinjuro's absence," Master spoke softly, bowing his head politely. His pale lavender eyes share across the four Hashira standing before him, before he turns to me. Instantly I go down to my knee instantly, expressing my respect. Though the movement was too much for my ribs and wounds, my respect is above my own needs; grimacing as I moved too quickly.

A faint chuckle comes from Master, while I lift my head a little to grasp what was my reasoning in being here. 

Wait.....is he gonna.....?

"Today I've called today not just for a meeting, but a promotion for a certain Slayer that has surpassed many turmoils and difficulties," Master began, feeling the weight shifting in my chest. "Hayami Mizutsuki has faced an Upper Moon face to face, has survived the attack.....and has surpassed all the qualifications to become one of the Hashira. An anchor to the Demon Slayer corps........"

I don't deserve this title, not after what had happened. It's like I was eating out of someone's palm, and not doing it myself.....

"Hayami come before me my child," He spoke calmly, his smile present on his pale complexion contrasting to his scars. Standing up slowly I make my way to stand at the edge of the verandah and knelt down, when he kneels on the edge in front of me. His hand graces my shoulder with warmth, that made my heart ignite with acknowledgement. His aura was absolutely beautiful, that there is no ounce of malice in master. 

"Yes Master?" My eyes remain casted down, feeling my body running hot from my fever but from Masters presence alone. It felt soothing.

"Hayami, you're absolutely strong and a remarkable young woman," He began, his eyes focusing on me. "Will you fill your brother's spot, as the new Dragon Hashira? To support the Demon Slayer Corps with everything, to bring good to this land...?"

I don't deserve this title......I can't......

"I--"

He gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze, "I know you doubt yourself, but I know you well enough that you're a force to be reckoned with," a smile filled with such sincerity, and assurance made my heart beat faster. My cheeks grow warm from his praise, "I'll respect your answer, whether you will or won't..........but remember that your skills alone will progress as your grow. Don't forget that, my child......"

My breath slightly hitches in my throat while dwelling whether I should accept, or give it all up was enough to make someone's mind to collapse.

The hesitance wracks over my body, still recovering and now I'm about to be promoted if I agree. My big brother gave it all he could, but then again I didn't know him well enough to know what the others thought of him. However there was one thing that made me want to walk the path of the hashira......and thats to not let Big Brother's death to be left in vain. I needed to step up and take that roll, to prove him that I can become stronger. To prove to my own damned father that a woman can do anything, if she sets her mind to it. 

Taking a deep breath after a while I bow my head, "I accept, and shall make you proud, Master," before I went back down on one knee, to fully accept this promotion. 

This meant many benefits being a Hashira, but that didn't bother me at the slightest. All I wanted to do was get my body treated and fully recovered, so i can prepare my body mentally and physically for any battle dangerous as the one I came out alive from. This was my chance to prove brother wrong......

"Then stand, you're now Hayami Mizutsuki 'The Dragon Pillar'," Master declares, with conviction behind his words. "Welcome my child......you're now one of the Pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps."

Turning around, I bow to the four Hashira before me, with red cheeks and a warm smile.

"Now that's what I call a flashy promotion!!!!" Tengen exclaims loudly, his hand grasping the air with a drive of his flamboyant self. His beads and jewels on his headpiece jingle softly in response, and reflects in the sunlight, "Welcome Mizutsuki, pleasure to finally have ya!"

The red beads grind together seeing a faint smile, "My congratulations goes to you, Mizutsuki," Himejima nods, in acknowledgement. "Your efforts in training, did not go in vain."

Giyuu remains rather nonchalant, but gives me a quiet nod in response. 

Sanemi grins ear to ear with a patronising look, "Don't get too confident," he teases, playfully. He knew that I wasn't confident with my abilities, but he knew how to make me lift a smile at least. "Welcome....."

"Thank you everyone,"

~*~

"Feels too surreal..........." 

Murmuring to myself whilst curled in Sanemi's lap, as his fingers thread through my shoulder length hair. It was only a few hours ago that I was promoted a Hashira, and I know that it carries the weight of many slayers below my rank. Meaning that I'm their last resort, if something was to become far dangerous and serious to step in. 

"You made it, at least," He scoffs playfully, his fingers threading continuously though my hair. "Despite what happened, you did manage to pull through. No one usually can make it out alive, even from an Upper Moon........."

In deep thought I sunk into his warm embrace while watching the cherry blossom petals fall, ever so gracefully in the wind.

"I appreciate your support," I spoke softly, while a petal drifts to the palm of my hand. "I just........don't feel like I truly earned the title, right now at least. That's why I'll work harder, and live up the expectations.......of a Hashira."

He grimaces with a slight grumble, "Come on, you're such a dumbass," when suddenly began to ruffle my hair messily and tangling it, while he scolds me lightly because of my injuries. "You're stronger than you give credit to yourself, so don't fucking think about putting yourself down about it all. I'll be here to make sure you don't, because I have all my faith in you........so please just stay safe for me. That's all I ask......"

With a pout when he messes my tousled hair all over, I peek from under the strands of hair with pink dusting across my cheeks, "I can't even argue with you......because you win every damn time....." I sigh in defeat, before fixing my hair again.

It still didn't feel right to be a Hashira, to have such a high title which only gave me better benefits to my lifestyle. 

I just hated how the cost was dear, and it's more painful to dwell on........

"So......if you're able to go back on the field," He brought up, his fingers twirling a lock of my hair between his thumb and index. "I hope that we partner up on missions, if that's alright?"

Surprised by him even suggesting this, it did feel assuring for him to be by my side.

With a weak tired smile, "Maybe, we'll see if I become strong--"

"Strong or not, and whether you want to or not......." he takes my chin in his hand, making me looking at him gently. His thumb grazing my bottom lips briefly, ".........you'll just have to endure me pestering you. Seriously......after that incident, you're beginning to worry me more than you know...."

Surprised by his admittance of his concern, he lifts my chin up closer to his face. His eyes studying my own, while warmth from my cheeks to the tips of my ears gradually. Feeling his warm breath drift across my lips, I felt a warm tingle run through my body.

"What? Got nothing to say......?" He smirks, with a teasing grin. ".....or surprised that I worry for you? I'm not that damn cold ya know....."

He releases my chin and pulls me back into his lap as my back rests against his chest, causing me to yelp a little. His large hands resting against my chubby middle and hips, I felt like my chest was going to explode by how fast my heart is racing right now.

"You're just short tempered," I remark quietly to myself, earning him to pinch my tummy. 

His lips graze the shell of my ear, "Say that again, I dare ya......." he whispers, in a low tone. With a small pout I grab his large hands, but he continues to pinch and tickle my tummy and waist. "Come one, answer me..........I'm letting go til ya do."

"Come on, please? I was stating facts!" I let a giggle slip out, from holding it in. "I didn't mean it in regards to it being mean. Just a trait.......nothing bad about it!! Haha.....please stop?!"

"Hmmmm......" he slowly stops tickling, before holding me tightly. "......I can be, I know that. You just retaliate defensively, it's.........endearing."

I didn't quite understand this side of Sanemi, still getting used to him being more open. More vulnerable with me, despite his rough exterior and personality towards others. Ever since the passing of Big Brother, even since Masachika's death, I find myself leaning towards Sanemi more and more. My faith in Sanemi is more than i could comprehend, finding that comfort I've been seeking all this time. 

It makes me feel..........like I'm home again.....

~*~

EIGHT MONTHS LATER - UBUYASHIKI ESTATE

Time ran it's course as it's late in Autumn.........

Since I've been under the hospitality of the Ubuyashiki family, I've been focusing on healing and training my body. The pressure after that very day still haunts me, to the point that I've been making sure to keep myself alert. So every day after my ribs had healed about a month since the incident, I began to pick myself back on track. Focus on my strength and endurance, and most important is total concentration. 

Though Lady Amane was against myself straining my body, I reassured her persistently every day since that I'm somewhat healed.

Even late at night if I couldn't sleep at all, I would go and put training to use to numb myself of the exhaustion I felt. Nightmare after nightmare, all I could do was wake back to reality only to find myself secured within the safe walls of the estate. It was like my heart was pounding against my chest that it would break, and the heat boiling like the summer sun. The chance to gasp for air felt dry, like i was being suffocated for a mere moment.

I barely got to see Sanemi, seen he's been on missions more often. I've been mostly isolated majority of the time, but it gave the chance to improve myself.

"Lady Hayami, I wish for you to come with me," Amane spoke softly, approaching me from behind whilst I lower my wooden blade. Sweat glisten against my temple, before take a handkerchief and wiped my face gently. 

"Is it regarding that young boy?" I spoke gently, while panting quietly to myself. 

She gives me a look of concern with a nod, "Yes, he's overexerting himself too much........" she replies, her voice lacing in worry like a mother to a child. 

During the months I've been here, I've met a young boy under the care of Amane. Muichiro Tokito. It seems he's been here for a long while now, and she didn't utter a single word to me. Especially about his presence, assuming he has been here for about two months before I was under the roof of the Ubuyashiki's roof. He was roughly around eleven years old when he was found, but now he's twelve if I'm not mistaken. 

Slowly but surely Amane admitted his presence as to why she's taken the roll to watch over him, and my heart ached at the boys story. 

She knew of his heritage long before the sudden tragic death of his twin brother, by a demon that killed in cold blood. His story was interesting, perhaps even more so when discovering that his family comes from a descendant. It was actually the brother of the very first Demon Slayer, that could use Sun breathing. A powerful technique, that everyone could never attempt to this very day. It was also during the Sengoku period, which also was the same time my Ancestor Ryujin Mizutsuki fought alongside the Sun breathing wielder. 

It's such a small world to the path of a slayer............

"I'll try, but Lady Amane......." I sigh deeply, leaning the wooden blade against the tree. ".......he won't stop, you know that as well as I do. He rarely talks, his memory his gone........he's dealing with demons inside himself. Just like I am......"

Clearly even if I speak with Muichiro, it won't change anything between us. If he won't speak with Lady Amane or even Master, then he wouldn't listen.

~*~

The sound of a wooden sword smacking into a hay dummy, reaches my ears as I make my way down the verandah towards the small training area. Still not at my hundred percent, I wore my usual autumn Yukata and hakama pants just for my body to not suffocate. Once reaching the steps I place down my sandals, and slipped them on before making my way over towards the young boy.

The sweat glistens from his temple, with bandages still wrapped around his temple.

"Evening Tokito, seems you're training really hard," I approach him, but he kept whacking the dummy over and over. His aiming was not precise, due to his own exhaustion taking over. His fatigue sometimes worsens, especially when he caught a fever about a few weeks ago. He continues to ignore me, or perhaps didn't even hear me.

Clearing my throat, "I assume you want to live up to your ancestors name?" 

With only those few words, he halts within his movements, before lowering his wooden blade from sparring. Clumps of the straw falls from all his heavy hits, knowing his strength itself is indeed remarkable than he knows. Short breaths of pants leave him, giving him time to recuperate from his intense training. His pale turquoise eyes were grim, with no expression given to this awkward meeting.

"I've seen you around Tokito, you're quite good with a blade," I kept myself at a respectful distance, my eyes become more tender and soft. "It seems you're stronger than you give credit to yourself--"

"Who are you again......?" He blatantly questions, tilting his chin. It seems he wasn't purposely being rude, but rather aloof and sincere. 

Smiling softly, "I'm Hayami, Hayami Mizutsuki........I'm the Dragon Pillar," replying softly, taking every detail of the boys stoic face. His story made me relate to him, in many ways than one and even many slayers can. Family taken either from illness, and demons slaughtering families in one fell swoop. It was no surprise, but it still hurts despite how similar we are. 

"You know..........my family comes from a line of slayers, all the way to Sengoku period," I inform him, giving him some background of mine. He doesn't have to entirely listen, but at least I'm trying to reach through him. The patience I have, has become more enduring as of late. "My ancestor stood beside the first sun breathing user.........which is one of your ancestors, am I correct?"

"......."

He remains nonchalant and averts his eyes from mine, "I have to get strong......" he murmurs quietly, enough for me to hear. His grip on his wooden blade tightens even more, seeing the clear frustration with how rough his calloused palms were. "......that's all that matters, no distractions......no detours...."

My soft expression fades to a concern expression towards him, feeling empathetic towards him realising he's just a kid. 

"You know......that is correct, detours only cheapen your strength alone," I spoke up, my voice changes more firm and mellow. "Training from scratch til now, you've not once doubted yourself and I'm impressed....."

"Don't be.....it's pointless with praises," He bluntly replies, dismissing my acknowledgment of his determination and driven hatred towards Demons. A rage that can last til they're satisfied, or they fall to their knees in death. "Your presence is pointless......"

"But even a simple praise, can motivate you which raises your potential," I chuckle softly, before stepping back near the autumn tree. Gesturing to his blade, "I'll watch........okay?"

He gave me a more colder look across the grounds, feeling his aloof expression fading to a piercing steel look. He grips his blade and rolls his shoulders back, resuming his training while I stood on the side and began observing. The way his movements were becoming sluggish, he wouldn't budge til he was cough up phlegm or even blood. 

It scares me for this boy........but I can't be a hypocrite...

Though he didn't seem eager to gain any mutual relations to anyone, I'm not gonna back away from this. This is my chance to make myself better, this is my own way in giving knowledge to others.........and even maybe I can learn from him too. Despite our ages, we both are driven with the same goal in all of this.

I'm not gonna let another child feel alone, and I'll make sure to learn by them too......

-----------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 33.2K 108
๐™ท๐šŽ๐š› ๐š ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šœ ๐šž๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š•๐š๐šŽ๐š. *************************************************** Kimetsu no yaiba belongs to Koyoharu Gotลge I only own my ocs...
2.1K 37 18
"..... We'll always be Forever Bound to One Another, okay?" Y/N Takeshi had the perfect life, and despite losing her mother at the age of 4. She had...
48K 1.6K 45
Manga spoilers alert!! You are the oldest siblings of the Kamado. Being the oldest comes with other responsibilities, but you had no problem dealing...
81.7K 1.8K 35
(Y/n) had always been maltreated by her family. When her mother was murdered, she was left alone with her dad and was continually tormented by him. (...