Island of Hell (SLOW UPDATES)

By aprilxplr

" this isn't paradise after all. " IN WHICH The daughter of a detective finds her and her twin sister helpin... More

ISLAND OF HELL
GRAPHICS:
PREFACE / PROLOGUE:
ACT 1 - PARADISE ISLAND:
1.01 - Bella

1.02 - Athene:

6 0 0
By aprilxplr

Island of Hell
Act 1 - Paradise Island

The drive to Belle Estate was long and full of taking notes - at least in Athene and Bella's case. The boys who were taking them were giving extra information.

Friday had texted Bella back, and she showed her sister. It had read : Keep safe girls 🩵

She replied but didn't tell what she responded with.

Now as Athene zoned out, thinking about the article she'd found. Bella had obviously taken it to heart and was constantly thinking about it, as she would randomly ask for the boys to repeat what they'd said. Bella never missed anything.

"Hey, you alright?"

Athene shook her head and turned back to Sam. "Sorry?"

"I asked what was wrong, Attie," Bella explained softy. Athene locked eyes with her sister, an image flooded her mind.

Nine year old Athene and Bella entered the morgue, prepared to see the body of their first case. But they weren't, not really.

They had both walked out later, breaking down in their parents' arms.

As Athene looked into Bella's eyes now - 4 years later - she saw the same terrified, scared and nervous girl her sister fought so hard to hide. She reached out and squeezed her hand.

"We'll be fine," Athene told her. "This isn't the case of Alexis James, alright? We're not working alongside the murderer without-"

"Back up, what?" Alex stared at them.

"Our third case," Bella whispered. "Rose, the girl we did the case with, turned out to be the real murderer. I had suspicions but confirmed it on the day of the case. I still get anxiety whenever we do cases, I think one of the others is going to kill me."

"That's..." Colby shook his head. "I'm so sorry."

Bella smiled, shrugging. "It's fine now. I'm getting better."

The note-taking continued, with Athene continuing her research on Trey, Georgia and the Estate itself. With the article shoved to the back of her mind, she continued to gather information.

On arrival, Athene had been in awe. It was beautiful.

She'd always been more into architecture than Bella ever was. In fact, her sister was still in the car, having not realised they'd arrived.

Colby laughed when he realised and went to get her. "Bella, we're here."

She jumped. "Oh, right. Sorry. Attie!" Bella jumped from the car and ran over to Athene.

"It's gorgeous," Athene mumbled. Alex nodded.

"That was my reaction."

"Nate's friends!" An old woman rushed from outside the house. "How are you?"

"Oh my gods, I thought that was grandma Evie," Athene coughed.

"Hello Georgia," Sam replied politely. "These are our friends, Bella and Athene."

A young man - around the other boys' age - who was dressed like an old man walked out next. "Alex, Sam, Colby. Who is this?"

"Bella and Athene Barnes," Athene replied confidently. "We came to see the house, if it's alright with you."

Trey had definitely caught the last name and was now glaring at them, before turning to the boys. "You should've told us we would have had extra guests."

Athene frowned but definitely understood where Trey was coming from. Sam and Colby stood in front of her and Bella - almost like an older sibling would protect their younger siblings from someone.

"Sorry about that," Alex muttered. It was clear he didn't give two craps about Trey's opinion when it came to the girls.

"Can we come in?" Bella asked, and Athene had to hide a smirk.

Bella had this voice that made her seem innocent and younger than she really was. She used it on cases when suspects were being uncooperative and they needed her to seem less suspecting. Here she was, using it on Georgia and Trey.

The former's face broke out in a smile. "Of course, dear!"

As she wrapped her arms around Athene's younger twin, it was clear Bella was uncomfortable. When Georgia released her, Bella glanced to Sam at a slight tap to the shoulder and nodded. He wrapped his arm around her, rubbing her arm in a way to somewhat comfort her.

When Athene noticed Bella was uncomfortable, her suspicions grew. Bella - like their mother - had this way of telling when someone had bad intentions. From a single touch, Bella knew and it practically confirmed for Athene that Georgia was up to something. It was also the way Sam's embrace comforted Bella that made her sister know Sam, Alex and Colby wanted to understand - not help.

Sam's arm was still around Bella's shoulders as they went inside.

Blue met hazel as the twins locked eyes, sharing a nod.

What Georgia and Trey were doing, was something they didn't know if they could figure out just yet. 

APRIL SPEAKS:

Bella and Athene are my children 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94K 3.1K 21
What happens when, famous YouTuber, Dan Howell's flight gets canceled and he asks for help from a random girl? Is she an ax-murderer? Will she murder...
966K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
39.7K 1.2K 16
Meet Alexsys, a quirky girl with a dark past that's completely obsessed with Tom Hiddleston. When she meets hIm and the flames of love grow can she h...
1.1M 38.3K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...