The Silence Between Us

By Fountaintip_06

A girl named Ayesha meets an unknown boy at night and starts falling for him. They both do the stargazing tog... More

The first meet
Do I know you?
Who is she?
Heartbreak
Blueprint of dreams
Sealing the deal
Ethics in the crossfire
Winds of change
Shadows of the ambitions
The royal entry
The tension of competition
The Face - Off
A deceptive proposal
Tension and Strategy
Rival hearts
Game of rivals
The unexpected collaboration
Collaborative Rivals
Unexpected Joy
In the rain
Tangled Emotions
The first moments

Unveiling the challenger

23 4 2
By Fountaintip_06

As we keep thinking about him more and more, I start to wonder what else he is hiding. There must be more surprises waiting for us in the complicated world of business secrets.

Just when Dad and I are in deep thoughts, Mom calls, "Hey dear, I have got good news for you."

"Woah, finally good news. What is it? Tell me fast..."

"Come home. It's waiting for you here."

"Damn. You surely know how to make me run home fast. I will be there. Wait for me."
I hang up the phone.

"Dad, are you gonna come home too?" I ask.

"Sorry dear, I can't. I still have some work and meetings to attend," Dad answers.

"Oh okayy... Just don't worry and have a good day ahead," I giggle.

"Sure sure... You too. Take caree."

"Byee dad."

"Byee dear."

I go down to the parking lot and start the car engine. I can't wait to reach home. I wonder about this good news and finally reach home. I run to the door and go inside.

It is all dark. I can't see anything, and just then someone says, "Finally you are here," a familiar voice shattering the silence. It is HER. Naina... My person, my Doraemon, my confidante... It's my bestie, or more like my sister.

I reply in the dark room, "Yes, I am finally here," and laugh a little.

The lights turn on. A girl is standing right in front of me with her back to me. She turns around and comes running over to me and embraces me. Tears mingle with laughter as we embrace, the weight of separation dissipating in the warmth of our shared embrace. I can feel her whining in my arms silently.

She is my childhood best friend with whom I spent my school and college years together. She was always with me and offered her hand whenever I was at my lowest. Due to so much work, she had to go abroad for almost 2 years and only we know how much we suffered without each other even though we were always in contact. I finally get to be with my best friend again, now I can hug her, irritate her, travel with her, and do everything again.

After a brief moment, we face each other and start laughing after seeing our faces. The room is so lively and filled with laughter.

I smile and just slide the note into my pocket. "Let's go Naina... I have so much to tell you."

"You both go to your room. I will send some snacks for both of you," Mom says with a cute smile on her face.

We both go to my room. We talk for almost an hour. Then I remember the man and tell Naina about him, "You remember that man I told you about?"

"The one you met on that night and he refused to recognize you, right?" She answers.

"Yess. That man. I saw him today. He was going into the building of that client with whom our company was planning to do the project."

"Oh yeah. That unethical client. Maybe he had some business with that client."

"I don't know about that. But as you know, it's not easy to reach that client. I can only conclude that he is also a very influential and rich man."

"I am sure about it... But why is it bothering you? Do you have any other doubts?" Naina asks.

"I don't have much doubt, but I don't know why I feel like he has something to do with the deal that the client locked with someone else... Or maybe if he is also in this same business of architecture, then it is possible that the client locked that deal with him," I answer, furrowing my brows.

"Now that you mention it, I think it is possible. Well, you said your dad would look into him, so maybe ask him if he did..."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about it. Let me call Dad." Naina nods. I call my dad. After two rings, he picks up the call.

I ask him, "Dad, are you busy right now?"

"I have my meeting in 15 minutes. So I have some time. Say what happened, dear."

"Dad, actually I wanted to ask about that man I told you about. You said you would look into him. So, did you find something about him?"

"Oh, that man. Yeah, I forgot to check the mail. Wait!"

"Okay Dad."

"I checked it just now. His name is Ayaan Malhotra. He is also in the same business as us. He returned from America 4 months ago and is trying to set up his business here. Then this means he is the one who locked the deal with those clients," Dad replies.

"Perhaps... But don't worry, Dad. We will look into this matter later. You should focus on the meeting," I assure him.

"Okay dear, you too don't worry and be calm. Byee."

"Ohh... Okay, Dad. Thank you so much! Love you."

"Love you too." He hangs up.

As the phone was on speaker, Naina also hears everything. We both look at each other, and gradually everything starts making sense. It was he who did all this.

The only thing left is that some dots are not connecting. Why did he refuse to recognize me? Why did he take the deal like that? What exactly happened in those 2 months?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 419 27
What happens when you love someone and they betray you for power? When your first' love who promised to stay leave you like you are not his first Wi...
91.2K 6.7K 19
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...
406K 14.3K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...
2.2K 267 50
"He was her dark fairytale and she was his twisted fantasy. And together they made magic." "Undeniable chemistry and horrific timing. They love each...