You, Me & the Alter(cations)...

By starl1ghtlou

Farjaad Khan. Umeed Pasha. One knows how to organize substantial events, the other knows how to arrange a mag... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.

16.

529 46 159
By starl1ghtlou

"No no no. Ye ese nahi hona!" Umeed shook her head, looking at the new placement.

"Umeed baaji aapne khud hi to bola tha ke isko is tarhan rakhna hai." Anthony sighed. He had gotten used to his baaji's perfectionist approach. Even if things were off by an inch, they'd have to perfect it. He had a rough idea of what he'd be needed for but this was a surprise to him.

"Nahi, nahi rakhna. Ab mene mind change kar liya hai. Ulta karo." Umeed instructed, looking at the pot that was placed close to where they were setting things."Jackie ye pots yahan kyun hain? Agar toota to Jmmal bhai ne damages ke hazaron lene hain. Isko side par karwao. Ye sab side par hone chahye hain." Her hands were waving at the pots. "Aur kahan hai Hasan? Ye lightein ese kyun latayi hain? Inko seedha hona hai." She pointed up at the wavy lights, far from the vision she had in her head. "Yaar chand ghanton ki baat hai tum log ab hi kyun sab kuch barbaad ar rahe ho?"

"Acha Umeed baaji mein sab sambhaal leti hoon." Jackie walked up, seeing the visible frustration and anxiety that was building up within Umeed.

The past week had been constant work and constant attention towards even the minor details. She hadn't really gotten a break, none of them had. But it was more pressure on Umeed because she was the one who came up with the blueprint and she was the one that not only had to ensure that the execution was perfect but also that it was good.

"Jackie ye fatafat theek ho jaye. Mein ja kar bahar ki arrangements check kar ke aati hoon" Jackie wanted to tell Umeed to take at least ten to fifteen minutes for a breather, but she knew that it would be a pointless request. Umeed was not going to rest until everything was completed, done and over with.

She walked past everything, taking note of what was still pending and what she had to check, and walked towards the entrance where the flower wall would be set as a photo booth and a welcoming decoration piece.

As she walked by, Umeed gasped when she was felt a hand around her wrist, and was then yanked in between the narrow space - parts of the pending flower wall, a pair of arms immediately around her waist.

"Farjaad abhi iska bilkul time nahi-" He attacked her lips, forcing Umeed to respond, giving Umeed the realisation that she very much needed this, causing Umeed to reciprocate with as much energy.

The moment she felt his lips Umeed could physically feel her muscles ease, her body freeze and begin to cool down, like this was the recharging she needed.

These little moments in between hassles and headaches were quite therapeutic for her, Farjaad finding a new hobby to pull her in between narrow spots. She had to remind him to stop doing that otherwise she would always assume it would be him and someone can then use that as a kidnapping tactic on her.

He cupped her face and she hummed, moving her lips along his, holding onto the collar of his sweater pulling him closer. He pushed down her hood and moved her hair away from his face, holding her face even more dearly.

Umeed could hear noises in the distance, alarms in her head. His hands then went down to hold her waist and she had to hold his shoulders to stop him.

"Someone is-"

"Let them" He whispered against her lips, his fingers digging into her waist. "Agli dafa khayal kakhein ge."

"Umeed!" She recognised the voice instantly and pulled away, eyes widening at that call of her name. She immediately went to straighten his sweater while Farjaad still hadn't comprehended who it was.

"Haan. Idhar." She walked out of the narrow space, Farjaad following blindly only to see who it was realise that it was a very very close call for them.

"Pehle se hi this place is massive, aur tum log ho ke ab se ajeeb laga ghussay hoye ho." Saveira looked at them and then looked around the garden. Things were still getting set up. In fact, Farjaad and Umeed were in between the sections of the flower wall that had yet to be set.

"Aik cheez discuss kar rahe thay." Umeed cleared her throat, sliding her hands in the pockets of her hoodie to show nonchalance. "Anyway tum log abhi kyun aye ho?"

"We thought we could come of help. Why wait till the night? Aur wese bhi hum bhi dekhna chahte hain ke tum log kese kaam karte ho - we won't disturb." Yusuf added, glancing over specifically at Farjaad who rolled his eyes. If there's one thing Yusu was never going to miss, that was an opportunity to taunt his friend.

"Kaam karne to diya nahi." Farjaad whispered under his breath, Umeed extremely tempted to elbow him but resisting to do so. She was also feeling herself go red at that little slip of tongue, wondering what the ideal definition of kaam was to him.

"Kya bolay ja rahe ho." Yusuf walked forward, standing beside Saveria. "Nahi karein ge tumhe tang. Apnay professional tareekay se kaam karte rehna."

"Bako mat." Farjaad hushed him.

Umeed was going to put an end to their little encounter when her eyes landed on what was happening behind Saveira, an instant gasp leaving her mouth scaring the other three.

"Hasan! Ye kiya kar rahe ho!" The change in pitch frightened the others, mainly Saveira and Yusuf.

She stormed over to Hasan, the other three's heads following her movement as she took quick steps. Farjaad couldn't help but simper over her so-called tyrannical behaviour - which oddly suited her cute self.

The whole box of lights was flipped on the ground, bulbs and wires and fairylights scattered over the carpet. And, as always, Hasan being at the sight of the crime.

"Yahan to baray strict halaat hain." Yusuf had both his hands in his pockets as he witnessed Umeed in her more... authoritarian element.

"Apni paanch foot aik inch ki qayamat." Farjaad bit his tongue the moment those words left his mouth, hoping that neither of Yusuf or Saveria took note of the 'apni' that slipped out of his tongue. Luckily, they were too engaged in Umeed scolding Hasan over his classic silly mishaps.

One hand on her hip, the other waving around. It was all so much more endearing when considering the fact that Hasan had to look down at her, and also that he was actually scared of her for a kid who was almost double her height. Farjaad smiled, quickly bringing his hand over his mouth and running his fingers over his stubble to hide his adoration.

-

"Mubarak ho aunty." Umeed went in to hug Rubina.

"Beta thank you so, so much. Mein kitna thank you bolun shayd wo bhi kaafi na hoye."

"Arey nahi aunty, aap ne ye sab bohot asaan kiya hai mere liye." Umeed spoke and Rubina laughed, patting her back.

"Mene kaha tha na, Farjaad kaam ka bacha hai." Umeed pressed her lips together, nodding at that statement. Kaam ka had become quite the understatement.  "Wo hai kahan?" Rubina looked around the setting. It was empty, so it would be easier to navigate him.

"Humhari shaam ko mulaqaat hoyi thi, phie hum donon tayar honay chaley gaye. Raastay mein hi hoye ga." Umeed answered. She had left with Saveira to get ready at her place while the gents went to their own places.

"Chalo mein jaa kar mehmaanon ko welcome karna shuroo karun, aa gaye hain log. Enjoy." Rubina left and Umeed nodded, looking around some more. He said he would come but didn't give a time. It was odd not having a time for his arrival, otherwise she would look forward to him making an entrance at the exact time he would give.

"Umeed." Saveria broke her from her little scavenge.  "Kis ko dhoond rahi ho?"

"Dekh rahi hoon ke sab kuch theek hai. Dhoond kisi no nahi rahi" Umeed lied through her teeth, now pretending to actually look everywhere, around, up at the sky, down at the carpets.

"Meri itni achi kismat ke tum kisi to dhoond lo. Farjaad kahan hai? Yusuf bahar hai." Saveira pointed to her phone and Umeed sighed. That's what she was wondering too

"I don't know."

"Wese aik baat batao... tumhe zara sa bhi ajeeb nahi lag raha? Ab to tum log kaam se faarigh honay waale ho, thora thora to usko miss karo gi na?" Saveira asked, trying to pull some strings.

"Savi tum kya fazool baatein karna shuroo ho jaati ho?"

Times like this Umeed really did wonder, surely revealing it wouldnt be that bad. Why were they hiding it in the first place? It it because it would be too damaging to their egos to admit that they in fact could not resist one another? Or that fact that two witnesses of their enemy arc would now see them under a much different impression.

The mere thought of acting friendly with Farjaad in the presence of Yusuf and Saveira made Umeed want to puke. There was no way she would ever act romantic in front of her. She was always the anti-love and rational one. Acting soft and colourful would be way too damaging to her ego.

"Is mein fazool kya hai? Kuch nahi to uske attitude aur character ko to wese hi miss karo gi. And look at how great you guys have made everything. Thora thora sentiment to ho raha hoye ga." Saveria tried, tried to get even a single compliment for Farjaad out of Umeed's mouth. Surely now that the chapter was closing, they'd feel some sentiment.

Even Saveira would've felt a little emotional had things not happened with Yusuf. The constant complaints about Farjaad and his antics were something she had gotten used to. Through Yusuf, she would somehow still see Farjaad around.

"Emotional tum ho rahi ho. Kaam hona tha, kaam ho gaya. Aur tum bhi achi ho, uske dost ke saat baak pakki kar li. Konsa mene usse ab kabhi nahi dekhna." Umeed tried her best to act nonchalant, cowering internally at her attempts of showing dismay.

The timing of her sentence was applause worthy. As those very words entered her mouth, she turned her head and was met with the sigh of Farjaa walking towards them, fully dressed in desi attire, a neat fitted black shalwar kameez, a fawn brown waistcoat buttoned nicely, polished Peshawari chappals, hair nicely set, a stubble that had been getting darker as Umeed noticed over the past few days.

Her hold on her phone, unconsciously, got tighter, as did many muscles in her body upon looking at him walking up to her.

Her tongue poked th inside of her cheek, looking at him from head-to-toe.

Farjaad was on the similar trail of Umeed, having to keep it in but finding it nearly impossible when she looked at beautiful as she did. Yusuf was walking by him, Saveira was looking in their direction, he tired with everything in him to fight the urge to gawk at her. It was almost impossible to swallow it all down, but he did, gulping and turning to face the masses.

"Sukoon mil gaya?" Saveira asked him, causing him to blink, heart sinking at the meaning of that. Did he... make it obvious?

"Huh?" He asked hesitantly, looking in between her and Yusuf, completely avoiding looking in Umeed's direction.

"Sukoon mil gaya is sab ke khatam honay par?" Saveira pointed around them, causing both Umeed and Farjaad to simultaneously let out a silent sigh of relief. It was almost hilarious how they were acting considering that they had spent the whole day together.

"Haan."

"Wese inhon ne aaj ke din kurta shalwar kyun rakha? Walimay par suits nahi pehnte?" Yusuf added, looking around at only a handful of people so far and examining the clothing.

"Unki marzi." Saveira shrugged. Yusuf nodded in agreement and turned to look at Farjaad, who was still shaken by Umeed's presence.

Thank goodness for that, Umeed thought to herself. Suits were fine, but now getting to see him the attire he was in, she was sending prayers to the Hashims.

"Lagta hai abhi se udaas ho gaya hai." Yusuf nudged him, earning a deathly glare from Farjaad who was doing everything in his power to not slip. "Acha itne chup kyun ho. Thakawat abhi nahi aani chahye there's still an event to go." Yusuf patted his shoulder, noticing his friend's silence.

It was not abnormal, definitely not abnormal. But the fatigue was kind of visible on his face. Only that it was not fatigue it was anticipation and frustration of being unable to cherish what he felt he should have the right to. Preformative professionalism was never Farjaad's go-to.

"Aik zaroori call karni hai." He excused himself, glancing over at Umeed for a moment then down at her phone, then turning around to walk away. Umeed got the hint, feeling her cheeks go warm.

"Isko kya hua?" Yusuf looked as Farjaad walked away, a raised eyebrow.

"Chor do jaan uski Yusuf." Saveira turned to Umeed. "Saara din tum dono bhaag te rahe ho, thak gaye ho ge." Umeed bit her lower lip, nodding in agreement.

It was definitely tiring, she could physically feel her battery enter the energy saving mode, where she had to clutch onto anything around her in order for the concluding events to go by smoothly.

Her phone buzzed and she looked down to it.

Behind the hedge.

"Um" Umee cleared her throat, looking up at the couple. "Tum dono tasveerein lo, ghoomo phiro, mein jaa kar uncle aunty ko aik dafa phir bata deti hoon ke entrance ki setting ho gayi hai. I think the bride and groom should enter within an hour." Umeed tried sounding as casual as possible, watching both her friends already in action, one with the phone and the other, obviously Saveira, positioning herself in front of the flower wall.

She turned and examined the place. She'd been here multiple times, for hours and hours, yet at no point did she remember the hedge.

She thought further, and it struck to her where exactly he was. And maybe it was the anticipation of knowing he found a hood hiding spot that made her more desperate to get there. She was drained but she was as tempted to see him in his stupid black kurta and his stupid fawn brown waistcoat and his stupid silver ring which she was able to notice from afar. Being unable to appreciate him made her cranky for no reason.

She turned to the walkway, the clinking of her heels getting louder, and tried her best to stay composed. The raging headache was not helping, but she remained calm.

"Umeed." She stopped in her tracks and turned around. It was the blondie with the green eyes, in a nice black kurta and a beige waistcoat. "Hi."

"Hello." She planted a little smile, not finding it reasonable to show anyone else her fatigue and frustrations, or that fast she wishes to snap her finger and teleport right into Farjaad's hold.

"Loving the Pakistani dress, you look beautiful." Liam, as she recalled, complimented her, earning a high-pitched, somewhat exaggerated laugh.

"Thank you." She looked down at her phone, another notification from Farjaad. This man did not know what patience was.

"Are you in a rush?" Liam took note of her looking down at her phone and she looked up.

"Yes actually, I have to make sure everything is set and ready for when the bride and groom enter. We can talk later once the event goes by smoothly." She gave him a toothy smile, hoping that it was enough.

"Oh okay perfect, sure, I'll let you go." She also felt kind of bad, but there was plenty of time for conversations. Now was not one of them.

Her heels were feeling a lot more painful on the even carpets, her back hurting and her eyes beginning to burn. It was like a fatigue apocalypse was happening within her where the consequences of all her actions attacked her at once. The pains from the lack of sleep, the exhaustion and the lifting of furniture were now getting to her.

Almost there.

"Umeed." She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. The hold on her phone got firmer, almost suffocating her phone if that was possible. She put on a smile and turned around.  

"Rayan." The soft tone was an indication that she really was in no mood for a conversation. But this was direct family of her clients, she had to be a lot more polite and careful. She now wished she had conversed with the other one instead.

"Achi lag rahi hain." He complimented her firmly, a respectful look down her attire before his eyes met hers again.

"Thank you. Aap bhi."

"Aap itni busy rahin hain time hi nahi mila baat karne ka." He took a step forward, one hand behind his back and the other one on his torso, the casual stance only making her want to run away because it meant he was ready to talk. She had to act quick.

"Aaj sabse bara event hai. Bas ye ho jaye to I'll be relax, phir araam se baat ki jaye gi." She tried closing it right there, Rayan getting the idea immediately, realising he had pretty much fumbled. Looking down and nodding.

"Right. Chalein, aap karein apna kaam, aap ko mazeed nahi rokun ga." He laughed and Umeed shook her head and walked off, praying she was not stopped by anyone else. She could not afford a breaking point, not when she was so close to a hundred percent success rate.

She quickly navigated what place Farjaad was referring to, kind of frustrated at how narrow it was but as impressed at his ability to find such a place in the first place. She slipped in between the tall hedges and walked up to him.

"Poora Lahore chal kar aayi ho?" Farjaad's hands were on his waist and he looked impatient. Umeed rolled her eyes and stepped closer.

"Shut up." One hand clasped behind his neck and she pulled him in, the other hand resting on his shoulder as she attached their lips.

It caught him by surprise, not only the action but the energy with which he went for it, more more keen that what he was used to, the detonating contact sending him by surprise by he was quick to hold her and give that same energy back.

Maybe it was the tiredness of the day, the lack of patience. The way she was kissing him so much more hardly, deeply, firmly, as if all the stress was being relieved there and then. He resisted from making any noise when it was in fact building up in the back of his throat, the feral behaviour from her making his insides explode.

He firmly held onto her, one hand behind her back and the other cupping her face, tilting his head to deepen the kiss. Her hand went from on top of his shoulder to the collar of his fawn brown waistcoat, tempted to break the buttons off but having to resist because of the limits of their surroundings.

"We need to stop this." He whispered against her lips, pulling her closer to him - pressing their bodies together. He was immersed by the rich smell of lavender and bergamot, a hint of vanilla, all-round a smell he wanted to get used to.

"We do." She replied, pressing her lips harder against his before she pulled away, breathing heavily, her touch touching his before she leaned in for another soft peck and went to rest her head on his shoulder.

He gently wrapped his arms around her, cradling her while she recollected her breath and took in his presence. Her nose was almost touching his neck, the smoky birch-tar leather scent tickling her nose a little, and it was all she wanted to be immersed by.

"I'm so tired." She whispered, feeling herself melt into his touch, his hold not helping her in any way. She was tired, the past week had been constant havoc, them being in control of it all made it much much worse.

She had it a little tighter than him, having to be there for the deliveries, for the placement, for the testing of equipment like fire crackers, ensuring that everything delivered was undamaged. The headaches were frequently occurring but Umeed didn't have time to address them. It was slowly crawling up her sleeve now, the aches were beginning to reach her.

"Itni deir kyun lagi?" Farjaad spoke, aware that she was tired, hoping a light conversation would help boost her energy and regain the ability to walk around for a few more moments to ensure that everything was in place. He knew that telling her to relax would be of no help.

"Sunna chahte ho? Acha nahi lage ga." She raised her head, his hands went to hold her elbows. There was a devious smirk on her face now. "Tumhare favourite gorey ne mujhe roka." He noticed her trying to crack a smirk, and could only shake his head and sigh.

"At least wo Rayan nahi tha." He commented, looking away hoping she would laugh along with him. Instead he looked back at her, to see her giving him a very peculiar look, a reaction to his comment. He squinted his eyes, she bit her lip.   "Of course." Farjaad shook his head in disbelief, how predictable. Of course Rayan tried making a move once again. Of course.  "Usko sharam tou aani nahi hai." He looked to the side.

Umeed giggled, reaching for his chin and turning it so that he could face her.

"Haan tou mein kaunsa us ko moon lagati hoon." She reassured him, going for another soft peck on his lips. Farjaad fluttered his eyes closed as she kissed him, opening them once again and really taking in Umeed.

Her beauty was never something to question. Even on the first day where he drove back home with a semi headache from the interaction, he still recalled his initial admiration for the girl who stood in white cargo pants and a pink top. Wearing shoes that gave her an advantage of a good few inches, her hair wavy, plump lips, cute little nose.

The vibe was different. Black kurta, smokey eyes, straightened hair, heavy jewellery and a nude shape in contrast to her normal pinks. The look being much more refined and mature than what he is used to seeing her in. Yet he was as encapsulated as with anything else. That was just the effect Umeed Pasha had on him.

"Wese is hi liye tumhe yahan bulaya tha. You look beautiful. Meri saansein ruk gayein thi tumhe dekh kar." He spoke in full honestly, reaching for that one slipped strand of hair and setting his behind her ear with the rest.

Umeed tried to refrain from blushing, instead focusing on the last part of his sentence and teasing him.

"Dramay karna koi tumse seekhay." She patted his cheek, looking at the waistcoat and running her hand over it a few times to straighten it. Farjaad didn't budge, his expressions still consisting of admiration.

"I'm so serious Umeed. Bohot pyaari lag rahi ho." He spoke in a much lower voice, glancing between her eyes, then down to her lips, then back to her eyes. They did not even have enough time to give to one another in the past few days, now felt right to shower her with words that he genuinely meant from the bottom of his heart. "May be biased but, asli dulhan tum ho aaj." He smirked a little, hoping that would crack Umeed up. Instead, her lip curved only gently, a spark in her eyes.

"Kis ki?" She asked quietly. Farjaad's smirk slowly faded away, his cheeks heating up instead.

It was meant to be a little back and forth, but that question really had Farjaad wondering. The thought of Umeed as a bride, his bride. It was a thought that sent chills down his spine. Not that he was opposed to that idea, but it was something he hadn't properly thought over.

Umeed watched as his lips parted, but nothing came out - he was speechless. He was stunned. She smirked.            

"Farjaad Khan, bohot pyaare lagte ho jab tum jawaab nahi de paatay." She pulled away, firmly punching the left side of chest, right over below heart,  before turning around and walking away, feeling much more relaxed and at ease.

Farjaad stood there, reaching up to hold his chest where she had just punched it.

Was that sarcasm?

Did she just hint at being his bride?

Was he hearing things?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 2.8K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...
1.4K 144 11
Two individuals with voices that struck on the hearts of everyone that listens. What has destiny planned for them after they met, find out here
7.1K 372 18
Hi guys! This is me trying to pen down my ideas related to these two hope you like it!
7.3K 294 15
Overview- Farjaad and umeed are poles apart..Farjaad is calm,serious and a passionate business man jiske liye kaam ke alawa kuch matter nahi karta Wh...