The Malfoy's Secret [Draco Ma...

By Chloe_Bells

I'm Melanie Malfoy, the Malfoy's secret. Surprised? I'm not, I'm just an unneeded part in their life to my fa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note

Chapter 16

3.9K 104 12
By Chloe_Bells

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling. 

___________________________________________________________________ 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Draco and Melanie Malfoy..."

I froze. Draco didn't seem to notice. His wand was still raised and pointed in the direction of the person who had just joined us. No one moved for what felt like a lifetime. My heart was still beating at triple the speed it should be.

It was then, that I realised my wand had dropped to my side and was hanging limply. Draco turned around with a determined look on his face, but faltered when he saw the look on mine. He slowly walked over to me, almost as if he was scared I was going to attack at any minute.

"Why have you stopped? They could find out what we're doing if we just stand here!" he whispered to me. The urgency in his voice would normally push me to do what he asks, but right now, nothing was functioning in my brain.

"They know who I am." was my simple reply. I don't think I had it in me to put a longer sentence together. Draco looked at me with a confused expression on his face. Then, as my words sunk in, it slowly turned to panic.

Instead of taking me to hide in a corner like I thought he would, he took a protective stance in front of me, wand raised up high. I think I would have preferred to hide and pretend we never heard the other person to be honest. From where I was stood, I could see him open his mouth to shout out to the intruder in the room.

I took this as my chance to try and stall him. Swiftly, I lifted up my knee and caught him on the back of his legs. My ninja moment seemed to make him forget all about what he had planned on doing so I ushered him behind one of the big stacks of chairs at the side of the room.

"What did you do tha-" Draco started to shout at me, but I quickly covered his mouth with my hand before our 'guest' could hear him. Instead of risking them finding out where we were, I just held my index finger up to my mouth so he knew to be quiet.

Cautiously, I leant around the chairs and poked my head out so that I had a clear view of the door. No one was stood there at the minute. I was just about to motion Draco to follow me out when I saw a head of brown hair start walking in our direction.

I've never seen Draco move so fast in my life, and we've spent a lot of time together. He pulled me back by my robes and walked out from behind the chairs to stand in front of the person I had just caught a glimpse of.

"What're you doing in here?" I heard Draco ask, the tone of shock and disgust didn't go unnoticed by me either. From where I was currently sat, I couldn't see what either of them were doing but I could make out shuffling, which meant one of them was on the move. And I had no idea which one.

"Why? Have you got a problem with that Drakey?" again, I froze. The sickly, sweet voice and stupid nickname only belonged to one person I knew. Trust me; they hated my guts as well.

"Get out Pansy." Draco sneered. "I don't need or want you in here."

"You might not want me in here, but what if Mel does?" she retorted, smoothly, might I add. This didn't sound like the Pansy I knew, and I was fully debating whether or not to round the corner to see if it actually was her.

"I'm alone, so like I said before. Get out Pansy." Draco lied so smoothly, I almost believed him. He's actually that good at it.

The room went quiet for a long time after Draco's last words. I didn't hear any movement though. I'm taking a guess at staring competition going on between the two. The idea of me moving to find out what was happening was overwhelming.

"Don't treat me like I'm stupid, I know your twin is here," she sounded bitter as soon as she started talking about me. I have to admit (again) the feeling is mutual.

"I'm not treating you like you're stupid, but I don't have a twin. You're referring to Melanie Lestrange who is my cousin," Draco spoke slowly and clearly as if he was addressing a 4 year old. I had to bite my lip and hold onto my ribs to stop my laughter coming out. It was quite a good show I was listening to.

"Well, if you're not gonna tell me where she is, I guess I'm just going to have to find her myself."

It was the last thing I heard before a lot of shuffling and loud noises moving in my direction. My brain shut off and in that split second my body started moving on its own accord.

**

"Where did you find her again Miss Lestrange?" Madam Pomfrey asked me. It was clear she hadn't believed my story when I'd told her the first time, but she was gonna make me say it again anyway. In fairness, I had to give her a bit of credit, not all of it was true.

"In the girl's bathroom on the seventh floor," I told her, trying not to let my face or voice give me away.

"And what had happened exactly?" she questioned.

"I don't know what happened, I just walked in to see her lying on the ground with shards of mirror around her," I told her as solemnly as I could.

After I had thrown the mirror I was hiding behind at Pansy, Draco realised we needed to come up with an excuse for what happened. She had been in a lot of pain and I kinda felt bad for what I did, but she needed to be brought to the hospital.

After putting the immobilising spell over her so it would be easier to carry her, I ran into the girl's bathroom next to the Room of Requirement, and smashed one of the mirrors. Not a good day for luck, if you ask me. The only reason we decided to go to that measure was in case someone decided to go and check. Which is how we ended up here...

"Did you see anyone in the area who could have seen what happened?" Professor McGonagall asked. Oh yeah I forgot to mention. When I brought Pansy in here, Madam Pomfrey decided to call all of the Head of Houses to join us.

"No, I was just walking past, when I heard someone calling out and it sounded like they were in pain, so I went to see what had happened and saw her lying on the floor. I don't know how long she'd been laid there for."

The professors all looked at each other, before Professor Flitwick turned to look at me with a small smile. "Well, thank you for bringing her here. She could have been in a worse stat if you hadn't found her sooner. You may go now Miss Lestrange."

I nodded before quickly walking out of the hospital wing, where I was met by a very worried looking Draco.

"Did it all go ok?" he asked me, shaking my shoulders slightly in his urgency. Once he stopped, it took me a few seconds to sort my head out before I started to explain.

"I don't know if they believed the full story but they didn't question too much into who actually did it. They just asked me if I saw anyone around there." he nodded along to everything I was saying, but I could see he wanted to ask something else.

After he opened and closed his mouth a few times, I started to get impatient. I stopped in the middle of the corridor and dragged on his arm so that he did as well. I cocked my eyebrow, silently asking him to explain what was wrong. He sighed before turning to look me in my eyes.

"How does she know who you are?" he asked before dropping my gaze. It took me a few moments to realise what he meant. When my brain finally processed his words, all I could do was stand and stare at him. He waved his hand I front of my face a couple of times to try and get my attention, but I couldn't focus on anything but the memory from the Room of Requirement.

"I don't know," I finally managed to choke out. "Is she related to any Death Eaters?"

Draco looked worried again before nodding his head. "I remember mother saying something about her getting joined into his followers, but I don't know when that was. She'll have overheard her father talking about our mission I reckon. That's probably why she came to the Room of Requirement in the first place."

I nodded, feeling slightly more relieved. If she'd heard it somewhere from a Death Eater, it was better than guessing or hearing another student talking about it. But the only student that knew was Cho, and I trusted her.

He carried on sending worried glances my way while we carried on walking towards his Common Room. No matter how hard I tried to ignore it, I couldn't, so I did the only thing I could think of that would stop him. I pushed him into a suit of armour.

I couldn't help but laugh at him when he fell. The look of pure shock on his face when he crashed into it was just hilarious. While I was on the floor laughing and Draco was brushing himself of and grumbling about it, we both managed to miss the person that had joined us.

"Miss Lestrange?" Slughorn asked. I quickly composed myself and stood up straight, before turning to look at him. I tried to look straight at the professor but felt embarrassed, but I didn't know why. I wasn't sure whether or not he had seen my push on Draco, but if he had, surely I was in trouble.

"Yes, sir?" I muttered, I couldn't seem to get my voice louder than a whisper. He slowly looked between me and Draco, before returning to looking at me.

"I was wondering if you would be able to help me with something." I stopped looking around to try and avoid his gaze and finally looked at him. There must have been a questioning look on my face because he began to explain the rest of his request. "There is a student in your class that needs tutoring, and I was wondering if you'd help them."

Draco was stood looking at me with a smug look on his face. I was quite confused by the request; I never thought Slughorn paid that much attention to my work in that lesson.

"I- Why- What- Huh?" I stuttered. Slughorn was looking slightly concerned over my reply and I was sure Draco was about to burst out laughing. "What about Draco? I thought his grades were better than mine."

It was my turn to look smug and Draco's to turn around in shock and start stuttering. Slughorn kept looking between the two of us before giving his answer.

"You've been getting exactly the same marks and grades, but I think you would do a good job if you'll help me out." he stated. He didn't catch the sly smile us twins shared when he'd mentioned our identical grades.

"Who would I be helping?" I asked, suddenly realising that small fact hadn't been mentioned. If I decided to take it on, I would have to like the person before I agreed.

"Dean Thomas."

**

"I can't believe you've actually agreed to this!" Cho practically shouted at me as we left the library. I had just told her about what Slughorn had asked me and my decision. I wasn't sure if her last outburst was because of my stupidity or because it was a good idea.

"Why? Is it a bad thing?" I asked, trying to balance the books I was carrying and climb onto the staircase, which started moving when I had one foot on. Cho, who was ahead of me, grabbed my arm to stop me going over the banister.

"No! That's like one of the best things you could have agreed to!" I carried on looking at my best friend like she'd grown two heads until she explained further. "Everyone loves him, and he's single, and every girl is going to be so jealous of you!"

Her excited jump and clap confused me even more than I already was, but I left her to be in her own little world. She might think of those things as a good thing, but I had the mission to finish and I couldn't afford distractions.

"When are you meeting him first?" she asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I sent him a note asking him to meet me there tonight if he wanted, and he replied saying that's fine." I filled her in. She raised her eyebrows at me, and in return, I gave her a light shove. We both finished the walk to our Common Room laughing before going up to our dorm.

"Well put in a good word for me when you see him," she told me, putting a serious face on. I threw my pillow at her which made her start laughing. The others girls in our dorm just looked at us like we were crazy and soon started making their way out the room. Yeah, everyone still avoided me because I was a 'Lestrange'.

The next few hours passed in a blur and before I knew it, it was time to go down to the dungeons. Cho had carried on talking about Dean for the last few hours and I had seriously been debating putting the silencing charm on her.

"I'll see you later Chang!" I shouted to her as I opened the door.

"Bye Malfoy!" was the returned farewell I got. I chuckled lightly before quickly checking the staircase in front of me. I was still wary about people finding out my true identity.

It was late when I started the walk down to the dungeons. We had arranged to meet later than curfew because we had more chance of getting somewhere to study and no one would bother either of us about our company.

As I was a 'Lestrange', many of the Slytherins would discriminate against me for being with a 'Mudblood' and Dean would be for staying with the 'daughter of a Death Eater'. A lot of the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws all hated me, but I was used to it now.

I only had to wait a little while before I was joined in the cold potions classroom by Dean. He mumbled a greeting to me, to which I returned a nod. We were silent for a while, apart from a few thuds where our books were placed on the table.

"What do you wanna start with?" I asked him, deciding to break the awkward silence that had encased us. He slowly looked into my eyes and shrugged.

"I'm struggling with pretty much everything, which is pretty bad considering it's the end of January," he chuckled softly. "So, it's up to you what we start with."

I nodded and opened my book to the middle page, deciding to start with a random topic. Dean mimicked my actions and looked up at me again, waiting further instruction.

"Come on, let's get started on this, otherwise we'll be here all night." 

___________________________________________________________________ 

Okay, so I'm back :D sorry it's took me so long, but I've had exams to revise for and stuff.

I hope you like it, remember to follow me and vote if you like it and drop me some comments as well

Until next time, C x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 4
A girl who was destined to become a Slytherin but who did not want to be. Pandora is from a powerful, well-known family full of Slytherin's. She goes...
8.9K 129 26
It's your 6th year and you have been friends with Malfoy since the first year but this year something is off and you don't feel right around him. You...
575K 10.7K 67
Coming from rich families, Draco and Blair both had everything they could ever ask for...except love, but hey, who believes in that anyway? So, when...
372K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...