Connor X Reader

By _-Spyro-_

☆°~Blue Blooded~°☆ ☆°~Connor X Reader~°▪︎ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) Grey is a detective, a rookie in Hank's eyes but a dete... More

☆°~The Beginning~°☆
I - The Android Sent By Cyberlife
II - Twenty Eight Stab Wounds
III - RK800, The Prototype
IV - A Personal Question
V - The Deviant And Its Pigeons
VI - Strange Side Of Humans
VII - More Then He Could Handle
VIII - Tracy Love
VIIII - Accepting The Facts
VV - Not Supposed To
IVV - What Do You Want?

IIVV - It's In The Evidence

14 2 0
By _-Spyro-_

(Y/N) POV

☆°~♡~°☆

"You're off the case. The FBI is taking over."

"What!?"

Hank and I said in unison to Captain Fowler.

"But we're onto something!"

Hank said, looking at Connor and I.

"We... we just need more time. I'm sure we can-"

"Hank! You don't get it!"

The Captain interrupted Hank, waving his hands in the air.

"This isn't an investigation its a fucking civil war!"

Fowler said, exasperated.

"Its out of our hands now. We're talking about national security here."

"Fuck that!" Hank spat,

"You can't just pull the plug now! Not when we're so close!"

Hank said, glaring at the Captain.

Connor and I made eye contact, I could see he had been thinking before the conversation started... I was worried about him.

"You're always saying you can't stand androids! Jesus, Hank make up your mind! I thought you'd be happy about this?"

Fowler said confused,

"We're about to crack the case! I know we can solve it!"

Hank said, leaning on Fowler's desk. I stepped forward to back Hank up,

"Hes right Captain! We can do this we just-"

But I could see in the Captains eyes this was an argument Hank and I weren't gonna win. The Captain looked away from us.

"Jesus Jeffory! Can't you back me up just this once!?"

Hank pleaded with his old friend,

Fowler shook his head sadly.

"Theres nothing I can do... you're both back on homicide."

He looked at Connor,

"And the android returns to Cyberlife."

"No-" I had to sallow my words.

Hank stood on my foot to try get me to shut up in time. Thankfully Fowler either didn't notice... or didn't care.

"...I'm sorry Hank. Detective Grey. But it's over." The Captain said with a sorrowful look in his eyes.

Hank looked from Fowler to me to Connor, his eyes lingering on our android partner... before he stormed out of the Captains office.

"Hank..." I quickly followed after him, looking at Connor over my shoulder to tell him to follow.

I stood behind Hank when Hank sat down at his desk, my hand on his shoulder.

Connor sat down on Hank's table... he seemed more... human. The way he sat. The way he leaned forward to be closer to Hank and I.

"We can't just give up like that! I know we can solve this case!"

Connor said with passion,

Hank turned to look at me then Connor with a sigh.

"So you're going back to Cyberlife?"

Hank asked... my heart dropped. I tried to ignore it in the captains office but now...

I chewed the inside of my lip, trying to stop that horrible feeling that was creeping up on me.

"I have no choice... I'll be... deactivated and analysed to find out why I failed..."

Connor said sadly, looking at me. That feeling again... bile made its way up my throat and I thought I might just throw up then and there.

All I could think of was my brother... this reminded me of him. I'd failed Connor and now... now he was going to die.

"What if we're on the wrong side?" Hank said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What if we're fighting against people who just want to be free..?" Hank said, a new spark in his eyes I hadn't seen in a long time...

"When the deviants rise up, there will be chaos. We could've stopped it!... but now it's too late."

Connor replied sadly.

Everyone paused for a moment.

"... when you refused to kill that android at Kamski's place... you put yourself in her shoes. You showed empathy, Connor. Empathy's a human emotion."

Hank said, giving a gentle smile to Connor.

"I don't know why I did it..."

Connor said, his brows furrowed. His words sowed with confusion and doubt in himself.

"I know it... hasn't always been easy. But I want you to know I really appreciated working with you. Both of you."

Connors eyes flickered from Hank to me...

"And that's not just my social relations program talking, I really mean that... atleast I think I do..."

Connor said.

Hank smiled softly at him and that sick feeling eased if only slightly...

Just then, someone we all recognised walked through the stations doors.

"Well well, here comes Perkins. That mother fucker... sure don't waste anytime at the FBI..."

Hank mumbled, annoyed.

I could see Connor's LED flashing yellow.

"We can't give up!"

He said as he turned to look at Hank and I once more.

"I know the answer is in the evidence we collected. If Perkin's takes it, its all over!"

"Theres no choice Connor..." I said sadly.

"Yeah you heard Fowler, we're off the case." Hank chimed in. 

"You've got to help me Lieutenant, Detective!"

Connor pleaded desperately, he hopped off the desk to stand closer.

"I need more time so I can find a lead in the evidence we collected! I know the solution is in there!"

Connor said, looking at Hank and I.

"Listen... Connor..." Hank started but Connor interrupted him.

"If I don't solve this case Cyberlife will destroy me!"

Hank looked at me and then back to Connor.

"Five minutes. That's all I ask."

I nodded at Connor to say I was in, not trusting my voice to come out right.

Hank hesitated a moment then stood up.

"Key to the basements on my desk..."

He whispered softly to Connor, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Get a move on I can't distract him forever!"

Hank said before walking in the same direction Perkins went.

Connor quickly pocketed the key,

"PERKINS! YOU MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKER!"

Hank's voice carried across the station as he yelled at Perkins.

But Connor and I didn't have time to enjoy the show, we had to move.

With Hank trying to beat the crap out of Perkins, and the rest of the stations staff trying to break them up, Connor and I walked casually towards the basement doors where Connor opened the door into the hallway.

The hallway was empty, and safe from prying eyes.

Connor and I rushed to the basement door, where Connor raised the key to open the door when-

"Hey Connor!"

Fuck. Gavin.

Connor just ignored him.

"I'm talking to you asshole!"

Gavin said, stalking towards us with purpose.

"Piss off Gavin."

I said, stepping between him and Connor.

But Gavin glared at Connor right over my shoulder...

"We don't need any plastic pricks around here!"

Gavin yelled again, and to my surprise, Connor responded.

"I'm registering the evidence in my possession. But don't worry... I'm going to leave. Thought I'm certainly going to miss our bromance."

"You son of a bitch!"

Gavin shoved me out the way and pulled his gun out, holding it directly to Connors forehead.

"Gavin you ass!" I said, reaching for my own gun.

Gavin mimed shooting Connor in the head before laughing. To which Connor gave an awkward smile in return.

"Well go on then. Get a fucking move on."

Gavin said to Connor before turning to me.

He looked me up and down, any hope of Gavin and I ever mending a bridge was burning before us... and honestly I was probably the one who was setting fire to it.

"Detective." Gavin sniffed, almost in disgust before walking away.

With Gavin gone, Connor and I finally got into the evidence lock up.

The room was dark with cyan lighting and concrete floors and walls.

Connor activated the computer... and it was asking for Hank's password.

"Hank's password?"

I said with a sigh, already starting to pick at my brain to see if I could remember anything.

"What would a hard-boiled eccentric police Lieutenant choose?" Connor said, chiming in as well clearly also trying to figure out what the hell Hank would use.

A couple seconds didn't even pass and then the screen lit up. Connor had figured it out.

"What was the password?"

I asked.

"Fucking password."

Connor responded.

"Connor, no need to get pissed, you cracked the password but what was it?"

I asked again.

Connor hesitated.

"... Fucking Password."

He repeated and I realised that *fuckingpassword* was the password.

Of course that was Hank's password...

"Obviously." I replied.

All the evidence came forward and the room lit up.

"Where is Jericho?" Connor said.

And that was the question we had to figure out in the very limited time we had.

☆°~♡~°☆

It took a while and a lot of back and forth but finally Connor and I had the location.

But before either of us could turn away from the evidence...

"I've been dreaming about this since the first second I saw you..."

It was Gavin. He had followed us down into the basement.

"Dont do it Gavin... we know how to stop the Deviants."

Connor replied calmly.

"You're off the case. And now. Its gonna be definitve."

Gavin snarled,

Connor pulled me behind the computer as he dodged the shot Gavin had fired.

Gavin came around the side of the computer and Connor took him by surprise, grabbing his gun, kicking his knee in and slamming his palm into his nose.

The two were now in hand to hand combat, I grabbed Gavin's gun and pushed it away so Gavin couldn't grab it again. I pulled out my own gun... but it wasn't safe enough to fire it.

And honestly there was really no need since Connor was kicking Gavin's ass.

With one final, clean cut with his hand Connor knocked Gavin out cold.

Connor simply fixed his tie and calmly looked to me.

That was... very attractive. I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Nice work." I said, finally finding my words.

"Thank you." Connor said, extending his hand to me.

I put my gun back in its holster and took his hand. I thought Connor was going to start moving again but he pulled me back and gave me a sweet kiss. It still gave me a shock each time we kissed since his lips were so cold... but honestly I was getting more and more used to it.

☆°~♡~°☆

☆°~♡~°☆

A/N: sorry its been so long, but I promise u I'll finish this book! I hate having published books incomplete! So I'll finish this!... eventually...

Connor: glad you're back.

A/N: me to Connor, me to :)

Anyway that's all for now
Love u all my guardians
~Parker-6A5~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 1.3K 20
Her brother and she had a vision. A vision where people would have the power to create life. Machines that would change the world. They both knew tha...
6.4K 280 19
This is a Detroit Become Human fanfiction. Welp. I told myself that I was going to wait with this. But alas, I wasn't able to contain myself. I playe...
4.8K 150 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...