SMILE FOR US!

By Dracunyan1987

Yandere!Smiling Critters x Male!Child!Reader Y/n was a just a normal kid, wanting to make friends at Playcare... More

Reader Info + Bio
Smiling Critters Age and Roles
Prologue - Brotherly Bond (Prequel Arc - Part 1)
Chapter 1 - Y/n Meets CatNap
Chapter 3 - Y/n Meets the Other Smiling Critters - Part 1
Chapter 4 - Y/n Meets the Other Smiling Critters - Part 2
DogDay and CatNap - Best Buds Forever!!! (Not a Chapter)

Chapter 2 - Y/n Meets DogDay

3.1K 55 56
By Dracunyan1987

Location: The Dream Realm

No POV

After Y/n was put to sleep by CatNap's sleeping gas, he was soon sent into the Dream Realm as Y/n found himself in a strange new world that is a beautiful forest area filled with trees, pretty flowers and bushes before Y/n took a good look at his hands that made him gasp in shock that they both look completely different.

He looked for something to see his reflection at until he spotted a pond nearby as he ran over there to take a look at himself. Then when he took a good look at himself from his reflection on the pond as he is both surprised and shocked to see himself as....

A cartoon!

Y/n: I'm a cartoon!

Y/n had never thought about seeing himself as a cartoon character like the ones that he saw on TV at Home Sweet Home as everything around him felt real.

A little bit too real to be exact as he tried pinching and slapping himself in order to wake up, which didn't wake him up at all since pinching or slapping yourself inside a dream is one of the best ways to wake up.

Then he tried flying like a superhero or try to lift up a big rock or log to see if he super strength, but nothing happened as Y/n can't seem to control his own dream.

Y/n: Am I dreaming? But if this is a dream, then why I can't I control it to do anything I want? This is so weird.

So Y/n decides to go explore through the forest to see what he might find in the forest as he went down the dirt path to see if anything interesting happens in his dream.

???: FETCH!

Then Y/n heard something behind some bushes in some grassy plains along with catching the scent of lavander and...vanilla? This actually piques Y/n's curiosity as he slowly, yet quietly hide behind the bushes to get a closer look as he spotted CatNap in his cartoon form that seems to be playing catch with an orange dog with a sun pendant that look so happy and energetic like a ray of sunshine.

Orange Dog: Go! Go! As far you can!

The orange dog was expecting CatNap to go catch the ball, but he was just standing there with his tail swishing around as the orange dog soon became both confused and concerned for CatNap as he is just standing there like a statue or rooted to the ground.

Orange Dog: Why are you...just standing there?

Then Y/n hide back in the bushes when he saw CatNap turned his head to directly look at the bushes that Y/n is hiding in right now as Y/n remained quiet and didn't move a muscle, hoping that CatNap didn't see him when he looked at the bushes that Y/n is currently hiding right now. But then, Y/n heard the sound of footsteps coming over to the bush as Y/n does his best to stay quiet.

Orange Dog: Where are you going, CatNap?

Then Y/n waited for a moment before he peaked out of the bush to see CatNap staring at him with a happy smile on his face and he can tell that CatNap's pupils dilated the moment he saw Y/n hiding in the bush as he used his tail to pull him out of the bushes and brought him over to him to give him a big hug with him nuzzling his cheek while purring that is tickling Y/n to make him laugh from the softness of CatNap's fur.

Y/n: (Giggles) CatNap. That tickles. (Giggles)

CatNap: (Purring)

Orange Dog: CatNap? Who is this kid? Do you know him?

CatNap stopped for a moment before showing Y/n to the orange dog, who seems interested to learn more about Y/n.

Y/n: Uh...hi there.

Orange Dog: Hi there, I'm Dogday. It's nice to meet you. What's your name?

Y/n: My name is Y/n and it's nice to meet you too, DogDay. (Sniffs) You smell like vanilla.

DogDay: Oh yeah, do you like it? It smells just as nice as CatNap's Lavander scent. He really likes you a lot huh?

Y/n: Yeah, ever since I met him, he's been really clingy to me, but I don't mind.

DogDay: I see. Do you want to be friends?

Y/n: That depends....are you gonna make fun of me or hurt me?

DogDay: No. Why would I want to do that?

Y/n: I never had many friends in my life, well, except for another kid named Theodore....(Starts to cry) I miss him...(Sniffles)

CatNap then suddenly started to frown and nuzzled him again to cheer him up, which made Y/n hug him tightly and started crying over his shoulder, which CatNap silently shushed him while patting on the back to calm him down, not caring about getting his fur all wet from the tears from Y/n's eyes. DogDay suddenly felt sympathy towards the boy, and he feels like he wants to hug Y/n as well to make him feel better and put a happy smile on his face.

DogDay: (Thinking) Why am I feeling sorry for this kid? What happened to him that made him cry like that? Does he not know who CatNap really is? I want to do whatever I can to make him happy again, even if I had to crack a few skulls that made him cry like that.

So DogDay hold out his arms for Y/n to hug him, which CatNap got the idea and Y/n looked at him and immediately hugged Y/n, which surprised DogDay for a moment until he sat down on the ground with Y/n in his arms as he starts rocking him back and forth in a slow pace while shushing him quietly and rubbing his back slowly to calm him down while Y/n cries over his shoulder.

DogDay: Shhh....it's alright, buddy. Everything is going to be alright, Angel~

Y/n: (Sniffles) Ok...

CatNap then decided to join in on the hug as Y/n can feel CatNap's fur tickling him from behind along with CatNap purring as the boy can smell the combination of both lavender and vanilla that smelled like heaven as he felt really relaxed as the hug lasted for a few minutes until Y/n finally calmed down and smiled at the two, who both smiled back and find Y/n's happy smile cute and adorable.

DogDay: That's the happy smile that we're looking for. How are you feeling now, Angel?~ You feel better now?

Y/n: (Sniffs) Yeah. I feel okay now.

DogDay: Good. I hate to see you cry like that, Angel, but I can understand that Theodore meant a lot to you. I'm sure that he'll be fine and would appreciate if you stayed happy for him and wherever he is, he'll always be (Points to his heart) right here.

Y/n: (Smiles) You know what. You're right. Thanks for cheering me up, CatNap and DogDay.

DogDay: No problem, buddy. You if you like, we can be your friend if you want us to.

Y/n: Yeah. We can be friends. I don't see why not. CatNap is somewhat like a brother to me, even Theodore when he is still around and so are you. You're such a good boy, DogDay.

That made DogDay wag his tail very fast when Y/n told him that he's a good boy and he never felt so happy like this before.

DogDay: Aww, thanks buddy. I really appreciate it. Why don't play catch together and go watch a movie at my place? We can have a sleepover together and have some fun!

Y/n: Yeah! That sounds awesome! I would like that a lot. (Turns to CatNap) What do you think, buddy? Do you want a sleepover at DogDay's house?

CatNap: (Nods in Agreement)

DogDay: Ok, let's play catch and we'll head over to my place after that. Sound good?

Y/n: Sounds like a plan to me.

CatNap: (Nods) Mhm!

DogDay: Okie-Dokie! Let's play!

So then, DogDay, Y/n and CatNap played catch with each other for a while until the sun is going day, meaning that it's time to head back home to DogDay's place to start the sleepover like they planned to do tonight.

DogDay: Oh! It's getting late. We should get back home to my place before it gets too dark around here. My place shouldn't be too far from here.

Y/n: Ok then. Lead the way then. (Thinking) I hope there's gonna be popcorn there to enjoy the movie with.

So, the three of them started walking all the way back to DogDay's place with CatNap insisted that he should carry Y/n back over to DogDay's place to rest his feet, but Y/n told him that it's alright until they finally made it back to DogDay's house that suddenly looked like an actual Doghouse, considering that DogDay is actually a dog after all.

Then as they went inside, the whole place looks all nice and cozy as Y/n can see the many pictures of DogDay and CatNap along with some of the other Smiling Critters that Y/n had never met before. Then Y/n and CatNap sat down on the couch while DogDay gets the popcorn ready in the kitchen before they can watch the movie together.

Y/n then looked around the living room to see a lot of Dog related furniture and decor before looking back at CatNap, who is looking at him with a happy smile as Y/n tried to make some small talk to past the time before DogDay returns with the popcorn.

Y/n: So, CatNap....uh....how are you doing?

CatNap: .....

Y/n: Not much of a talker are you, buddy?"

CatNap: (Shrugs)

Then without warning, Y/n blinked, and CatNap was sitting right next to him like magic causing Y/n to flinch and he could hear CatNap purring with his tail wrapping around him and started petting him with it.

DogDay: Woah! CatNap must like you alot! I haven't seen him so social like that in ages.

DogDay finally came back with a big bowl of popcorn, and he was surprised to see CatNap acting so clingy and affectionate to Y/n before in his life.

Y/n: Yeah, he can be a bit clingy and overprotective, but he's a real sweetheart in my opinion.

DogDay: Yeah, I thought about that too. Now that we got the popcorn ready, let's watch that movie. I just gotta pick out the one to watch tonight.

DogDay began looking through his DVD collection to pick out the movie to watch with Y/n and CatNap as they both waited with Y/n holding the bowl of popcorn with CatNap feeding him with the popcorn, which is weird for CatNap to feed Y/n, but he tried his best to go with it until DogDay found the movie.

DogDay: Found it! I'll go put the movie in right now. I hope you two will enjoy watching F/m (Favorite Movie).

Y/n: Oh! That's my favorite movie!

DogDay: Really? Wow. I guess we both have the same favorite movie. This night going to be fun with just the three of us tonight.

Y/n: Yeah, but before we watch the movie, I just wanted to ask, where are the rest of your friends? I saw the pictures of them with you and CatNap in your house.

Dogday stopped and scratched his ear, trying to figure out where they went while they were playing outside.

DogDay: Oh, they're busy right now, I think, but I'm sure they'll be back eventually.

Then after DogDay put in the movie, he sat down next to Y/n and CatNap as the boy is sandwiched between the two mascots as they all watched the movie together. While they are watching the movie, Y/n couldn't help, but to pet DogDay's head and feel how soft his ears are as he did it in a slow and gentle way and DogDay actually like it a lot as Y/n can feel DogDay's tail wagging from the pleasant feeling of him petting DogDay as he can smell the fresh scent of vanilla, and it made Y/n feel satisfied until someone next of him got jealous as CatNap wanted Y/n to pet him as well.

Y/n: You want me to pet you, too?

CatNap then leaned against Y/n as him saying "yes" and demanded pets as well, which Y/n didn't mind as he gave the same treatment to CatNap, earning some purring again as the smell of both Vanilla and Lavander started mixing in the air, making Y/n feel more relaxed than ever as they continued to watch the movie until the end, which will be time for them to go to bed.

However, DogDay wanted to give Y/n a bubble bath as he led Y/n to the bathroom, while CatNap go grab something for Y/n to put on to make him feel more comfortable to sleep in.

DogDay: Ok, my little puppy dog~...(Sing Song Voice) Bath tiiiiime~

Y/n: A Bubble Bath? Why do you want to give me a bubble bath.

DogDay: Aw come on, Angel~. I know that you never taken a bubble bath back at Playcare, but I'm sure that a relaxing bubble bath will help you sleep good tonight.

Y/n: (Blushes in Embarrassment) I don't know...I'm kinda nervous about taking a bath in your own home.

DogDay: Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about taking a bath in my house. I promise you, Angel, you are always welcome in my home, and I'll make sure that you'll have the best bubble bath ever.

Y/n: Ok, but can you turn around until I get in the tub. I don't want you to see me naked.

DogDay: Say no more. (Turns Around with him covering his eyes)

Y/n then took off his clothes and got in the tub and DogDay soon started washing Y/n in the tub with a vanilla scented bubble bath soap while humming a tune until he dried Y/n off with a towel and used a hair dryer to dry his hair with until CatNap came in with a special outfit that is specially made for Y/n to wear tonight, which made Y/n feel even more embarrassed even though that CatNap and DogDay find it very cute and adorable to see Y/n wearing a CatNap onesie made by CatNap.

Y/n: Ugh...I look ridiculous in this onesie. I look like a smaller version of CatNap. Although, I do like the very soft material and Lavander scent made with it, but I look ridiculous.

DogDay: Look, we're sorry we're being a little obsessive, Angel. But we can't help it! You're too cute like this! (Giggles)

Y/n: DogDaaaaaaay! Stop it!

DogDay: (Giggles) Ok, I'll stop. Sorry about that, Angel.

Y/n: It's fine. I guess I can wear this for CatNap.

DogDay: Great, cause CatNap made it specially for you with lots of love. Now it's time for bed. If you'd like I can read, you and CatNap a bedtime story if you like.

Y/n: Sure.

DogDay: Alright then. Let's get you to bed tonight, Angel.

Y/n: Why do you keep calling me, Angel.

DogDay: Because you're sweet and kind like an Angel from Heaven, Angel.

Y/n: Oh, that makes sense then.

So DogDay led Y/n over to his bedroom for him, Y/n and CatNap to sleep together tonight as Y/n got into the cover with CatNap in his PJs and nightcap that are both dark blue with stars all over them like the night sky as took the left side of the bed next to Y/n as he cuddled up to him with his tail wrapped around his leg and began purring softly with DogDay began reading a bedtime story to them.

Then after DogDay finished reading the story, he turned off the lights and go in the covers in his sunny themed PJs and nightcap and cuddled next to Y/n on the right side as the young boy is being sandwiched by the two mascots again as he felt really comfy by both CatNap and DogDay and the onesie that CatNap made as Y/n felt really tired, yet so relaxed as he went to sleep along with CatNap and DogDay as they both made a promise to take care of Y/n and protect them with all of their lives from anyone that dare try to take their precious angel away from them.

CatNap: (Thinking) Don't worry, my precious little kitten. I know that you don't recongize me as your best buddy, Theodore, but I promise that I won't let anything happen to you on my watch. And to make things even better, I got DogDay to help me out and I'm so glad that you two got along very well and I think we're gonna be one happy family once you meet the others. I will always love you, my little brother.

DogDay: (Thinking) I had such wonderful day today with CatNap and Y/n. I'm so glad that I got to meet you my itty-bitty puppy dog. I won't let those mean bullies harm you on my watch. I will make sure that they'll pay for what they did to you that made you cry in tears. I hope the others will love you as much as me and CatNap do, Angel. We're gonna be a happy family together once we manage to adopt you to the Smiling Critters family, so we can give you all the love and happiness in the world to keep you happy. I love you, my puppy brother.

With that, the three of them went to sleep peacefully together and Y/n never felt so happy and relaxed in DogDay's bed with the two mascots snuggling with Y/n as the boy began to wonder if the whole experience was real or just a dream, but this is only just the beginning of what's going to happen next.

Y/n: (Thinking) When am I going to wake up from this dream? This is too real.

END OF CHAPTER 2

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 103 8
**DISCLAIMER. Does not follow traditional lore or theories that make the involved characters "off-putting" for the situation. They're all of proper m...
25.5K 526 14
A 21-year-old young man named Y/n decides to work for the company Playtime Co as a childminder in a Playcare orphanage in order to pay for the treatm...
253K 4.5K 32
Yandere!Smiling Critters x Male!Reader Y/n L/n was just a normal orphaned child but doesn't have many friends in his life and his only friends are th...
23K 343 14
Dogday x GN reader you were a worker, specifically you watched the orphans meaning you didn't have much insight as to what happened within the walls...