Into the Shadows of Arcadia

Oleh Anonymous-ones

Changelings are all over Archadia but what if they had more influence on the trollhunter's journey? (Trollhun... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Becoming apart 1
Becoming Apart 2
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter 1
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter 2
Gnome Your Enemy 1
Gnome Your Enemy 2
Waka Chaka 1
Waka Chaka 2
Win lose or Draal 1
To Catch a Changeling 1
To Catch a Changeling 2
Adventures in Trollsitting 1
Adventures in Trollsitting 2
Bittersweet Sixteen 2
Young Atlas 1
Young Atlas 2
Recipe for Disaster 1

Bittersweet Sixteen 1

16 0 0
Oleh Anonymous-ones

In the depths of the forest, the camera focused on Strickler as he crossed over a fallen tree, straightening his coat and brushing off the sleeves. Nearby, Changeling approached a cluster of rocks surrounded by scattered bones and debris from a damaged gate. Stooping down, the teacher picked up a glass-like scale from the ground, his expression turning into a frown as he glanced towards the damaged sewer entrance.

"This is a scale, isn't it? You've summoned a stalkling."

"To do what we should have done long ago."

"Stalklings are as dangerous and unpredictable as they are uncontrollable."

As he stepped up to Bular, he heard a familiar screech in the sky. With his face twisted in anger, he looked up, finding the beast flying in front of the sun. He scoffed before stepping closer to the troll.

"We agreed that any attempt on the boy's life would bring too much scrutiny."

"Which is why I summoned the Stalkling. I'm sick of hiding in shadows while this fleshbag stumbles closer and closer to my father's bridge. When she gets her prey alone, no one will ever see or hear from the Trollhunter again. Lest they find his rotting bones."

The Lake residence. The flap of the wings continued until it buried itself into the tree standing tall beside the home. Three windows were focused on but one had been its main target as it growled. In his bedroom Jim is tossing and turning. Flashes of blue light, a dark presents haunted the boy. Glowing eyes accompanied with a blue hand, and the faint sounds of a muffled cry. He startled awake. That dream had been with him since he was little. He never was able to figure out what it was about. His mother and father back when he was four took him to a Phycologist to try to see why he was waking up in the night constantly. They chalked it up to night terrors a lot of kids have them and he presented a lot of symptoms. It really freaked his dad out and he remembers one night having been woken up and his dad had this face of fear. He never looked at Jim the same after that night. Jim just tried to shake it off. Thoughts like that were not uncommon. His electric blue eyes twisted to the door, finding his mother with a tray in her hands.

"Wake up, wake up! Don't want to sleep through your big day."

"Big day?"

"The big day you start with Mom's special birthday pancakes!"

"He looks like he's screaming."

"He's excited. I know, I know. You always hate your birthday. But you're 16! This is a big one. We should do something tonight."

"Oh, Mom, you know I don't want to-"

"This isn't up for discussion. No one should be alone on their birthday. When you've had your fill, I have another surprise for you downstairs."

She headed down the steps as Jim sighed once again before glancing at his pancakes, the candle still lit ablaze. He took his fork and poked into the food. The familiar call of the walkie-talkie pulled Jim from his misery and to into a sudden shock.

"Warhammer to Trollhunter. Copy?"

Toby said into the device. Jim dove into his desk chair and picked up his own before speaking to his best friend.

"Copy. What is it, Tobes?"

"Look out your window!"

He commanded excitedly. The Trollhunter quickly stood over his desk, peering out the window only to find Toby standing in his room waving his arm happily as he held a paper birthday cake that had been bitten into. The cake had been drawn with two layers and three candles were cut out on top. The first layer which had been missing a piece said: Jim. The bottom layer which fortunately still intact had the number Sixteen written on it.

"I think a bird or something tore away a piece of your drawing, Tobes."

"Ah, that was Aaarrrgghh. He thought the cake was real. Or maybe he just likes the taste of paper. Any word from Claire?"

"No, she's not returning any of my texts. It's not like I destroyed her house or anything. Oh, wait. It is."

"Dude, you didn't destroy her house. Her fake baby brother did."

"Yeah, I'll be sure to mention that."

"Have you thought about it? Telling her, I mean?"

"Telling her baby brother's been swapped for a shape-shifting changeling troll because of me? Is there a Hallmark card for that?"

"If there isn't, there should be. In the meantime, ignorance is bliss, and I've got a birthday gift for you that Aaarrrgghh cannot eat."

"Toby-Pie! Why is this box empty?"

"Ugh, Aaarrrgghh ate the kitty litter again. Gotta go. Warhammer out."

Barbara was downstairs and had an identical stack of pancakes in front of her. She shoved a fork full into her mouth and grinded the food with her teeth before swallowing it. Suddenly, her curious smile turned into a look of disgust.

"Ew."

She groaned. Quickly, her side glance to the stairs had captured the view of her son stepping down the stairs.

"Oh! Wait! Wait right there. Let me get your present ready in the garage."

"The garage?"

"I know you've wanted this for a while, and now that you're the big one-six, maybe it's time. I think you'll get a lot of mileage out of it."

"Did you seriously just get me a...?"

He ran into the opened door as he heard an engine running, but when he stepped into the designated room, his smile dropped, finding no Vespa but seeing his mom standing over something. She turned around, holding a blender.

"The Food Magic 3000! From those cooking shows you like. It slices, it dices...And you hate it."

"No, no, Mom, it's... it's... it's great!"

Her eyes caught the sight of the Vespa magazine resting tightly between his body and his arm.

"Oh, no! You were expecting a... With the garage and the mileage..."

"It's fine. I also wanted one of these."

"We'll get a Vespa someday, Jim. Just- You know I hate the idea of you on one of those things."

"The Food Magic is perfect, Mom, really. I can't wait to cook you something with it."

"Jim! You gotta come quick! There's an emergency in...."

Toby yelled out as he ran into the garage. He caught sight of Barbara before calming down and trying to cover TrollMarket up.

"The place. With the thing. Not even an emergency. It's - Hey, is that a Food Magic?"

"3000. I'll leave you boys to it. But, Jim, tonight celebration!"

"Looking forward to it"

"Seriously, we've got a Defcon One situation in Trollmarket."

"How do you know?"

"I just do! Come on!"

Toby grabbed the blender from Jim's hands and placed it on a stack of boxes before pulling his friend away. The simple birthday gift toppled from its perch as they hurried to their bikes. A growl confirmed that the same creature that had been watching Jim earlier in the morning was still lurking near his house. As they rode off, the creature watched them go.

The scene swiftly shifted to Hero's Forge, where a large ax lifted itself from the ground, revealing Toby and Jim with shocked and fearful expressions. Jim was no longer in his everyday clothes; he was now clad in his suit of armor. Trolls scattered as flying axes zoomed past, and Blinky pushed his way through the chaos to reach his Trollhunter.

"It's too late, Master Jim. Aaarrrgghh has lost his mind! Save yourself!"

A stranded Troll had been thrown into the air in the background.

"I thought Aaarrrgghh was at your house!"

Jim yelled out to Toby who nervously smiled before letting out a scream and pushing Blinky out of the way. Aaarrrgghh in his crazed state jumped at Jim with a growl, causing the former fifteen-year-old to back up, his back pressing against a blade.

"Oh, my gosh. Was it the kitty litter?"

He groaned as a large hand gripped his slim waist. Aaarrrgghh pulled the human boy uncomfortably close before letting out a booming roar. The powerful breath from Aaarrrgghh ruffled Jim's hair, prompting him to shield himself with his hands. Behind the towering troll, a floor panel lifted, revealing a spinning display of countless balloons and red lighting illuminating the floor. Jim took deep breaths as he was held by Aaarrrgghh.

Meanwhile, Blinky and Toby pulled on two ropes, causing a large banner to unfurl. Trollish runes adorned it in various colors, set against a backdrop of amusement park theme music.

"Surprise!"

"Happy birthing day, Master Jim!"

"What?"

He let out a breathless yelp as Aaarrrgghh lifted him higher onto his hairy shoulder.

"Good actor."

"Tobias informed us of your human surprise birthday customs. Are you not surprised?"

"Uh...That would be one word for it."

"I was convincing."

"Sixteen years! A propitious milestone. Sixteen is when young trolls master command of their bowels."

"The Hero's Forge!"

A voice cried out and was easy to be recognized as Vendel's before the Elder Troll stepped into the view and the party had shut down.

"Sacred proving grounds for Trollhunters past, present, and future reduced to mockery."

The wise Troll had mentioned as he sauntered over to the Trollhunter, using his sharp point on his staff to pop the balloon. The boy backed up into his friends. Blinky had looked worried while Toby and Aaarrrgghh had no fear and no need to worry.

"Balloons. Pop."

"You will remove them post-haste. I don't want anything to delay the Trollhunter's training."

Blinky looked at the ground, finding it interesting as Aaarrrgghh and Toby head off to remove the balloons.

"He didn't mention Claire's brother."

Jim said, using his hand to shield his mouth away from Vendel if the elder troll had ever turned around.

"In his defense, he's never met Enrique."

"I mean, didn't you tell him about Enrique?"

A thunderous pop echoed in the Hero's Forge causing Jim to turn his focus to Aaarrrgghh and Toby who had put a large white balloon to his mouth, instantly popping it. Toby had been riding on his large Trollish friend's back, holding a smaller balloon.

"Mm, it pops."

"Vendel doesn't believe we have a changeling problem, Master Jim. He certainly won't simply take my word that Claire's brother has been replaced with one. But he's right about your training, and what better way to celebrate your birthing day than to work on forestalling your dying day."

The birthday sign fell behind the pair as Blinky spoke. A rapid sound of balloons meeting their end had occurred. Aaarrrgghh had seated himself after finishing off the air-filled balls, Toby smiled as he sat high on Aaarrrgghh's shoulder, an orange balloon still in his hand. The large, kind troll smiled proudly.

A large shined blade lifted from the ground, revealing Jim with a panicked look before running after Aaarrrgghh while Blinky spoke to him.

"You will not always be the quarry, Master Jim. The hunted must become the hunter! Speed and precision is the goal of this drill, Master Jim. You must catch Aaarrrgghh without reliance upon your amulet or the sword it manifests."

Aaarrrgghh happily ran through, letting the large blade drop and swing by, missing him but stalling Jim.

"If you are without your weapon, the environment can be your weapon!"

"Whoa!"

Blinky said, his and Toby's face was filled with fear. Aaarrrgghh climbed on top of the large weapon, using it as a ride from the Trollhunter.

"Master Jim does not appear to be himself. I expected the celebration of his birthing day to add some spring to his step."

"Birthdays aren't Jim's thing."

"For creatures with such a short lifespan, I would think they would be cherished."

"Uh, not for Jim. They always remind him of the day when his dad disappeared."

"Interesting. I did not know Jim's father was a magician."

"Mm, not "magic" disappeared. More like "walked out 'cause he's a deadbeat" disappeared. I'd just moved into the house across the street, and Jim's dad got him this sweet bike kit for his fifth birthday. And then, he just took off. The pieces laid there in the garage for years. Last I heard, the guy ran off with his girlfriend to be a ski bum in Vermont. Jim blames himself for his dad leaving even though its not. Mrs. Lake says that Jims guilt is because of when he was little he used to have night terrors and one day Mr. Lake went to help with Jim and he never was the same. Something happened that scared him. But Jim can't remember and Doctor L was at work. Whatever it was I am sure it's just a sorry excuse for him to have left."

"What a horrible tragedy. Made even more horrible that I had no idea."

Jim had climbed onto the ax and stayed there until he decided to jump off but had done it at the wrong time. Luckily, Aaarrrgghh had been there to catch him.

"Gotcha."

As Jim turned around the corner, the focus went onto the Stalkling's paws as the creature landed on the roof, just above Toby's head. It growled as it watched Jim slowly ride up to Toby who had looked at his watch before smiling at his arriving friend. Jim stopped his bike with a squeal as Toby held out a yellow folder and shaking it as he spoke.

"Oh... All right, chief. You ready for your birthday gift?"

"Are we gonna sue someone?"

"Nah, that's next year's gift. Hey, give me your wallet."

"Maybe you don't know how this whole gift thing's supposed to work."

"I've got it wired. Give me your wallet."

Jim gave an all-knowing look as he set his wallet in his friend's hands. Toby opened the leather pouch with a smile. He simply then pulled out a picture of Jim and his mother. It wasn't clear but it looked as if Jim had fancy clothes on and his mother had been graduating, Toby let out a sudden mocking laugh causing Jim's eyes to grow in size before he gathered himself and frowned. Toby then pulled out another item, this time, Jim's license. The said boy had been shaking his head until Toby handed back his wallet and walked off.

"Cool. We're ready."

"Not this again,"

Jim mumbled but was surprised when Toby walked back and let out a quick, but loud laugh. They started to walk towards a man shining the headlight of a Vespa at the dealership.

"Hmm. Huh."

"Good day to you, sir! Lovely weather we're having."

"You again? I told your friend he can't do a test drive unless you have a learner's permit."

"Hot off the press."

"Yeah, I also need an insur-"

"An insurance card? Luckily, he's still on his mother's plan. His Social Security card. Trust me, he's got good credit. And just for fun of it, I also have his library card, along with signed testimonials from his teachers and friends."

"Happy birthday."

"But he's still only 16. Needs a signature from a parent."

"Would you accept the signature of Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Washington?"

"Ten minutes. And it better not come back with a scratch."

"Enjoy the ride, birthday boy."

He said cheerfully as he gave Jim a friendly nudge on the shoulder. Jim hopped onto the Vespa and started cruising down the street, his helmet firmly secured on his head while upbeat music played in the background. He relished the feeling of riding the Vespa, his blue eyes checking the speedometer before breaking into a grin. As the Trollhunter, he was already risking everything, so why not add a little excitement by pushing the Vespa's limits? It might have been a silly idea, but Jim didn't care. With a mischievous grin, he accelerated, skillfully maneuvering through construction roadblocks.

The moment of fun abruptly ended as he crossed over the bridge, a shadow looming over him. His grin faded into confusion as he shielded his eyes with his hand, only to realize that a creature was flying in front of the sun.

"What the?"

He mumbled before quickly swerving with a duck and a scream as the mysterious creature tried to pull him from the scooter. He managed to drive off before fixing his mirror to see if it had still followed him.

"What the heck! What was that?"

He twisted his mirror a little before finding Steve in it.

"Steve?"

"Nice wheels, understudy. I knew you wanted to be me, but this is pathetic."

"This is really not a good time right now, Steve."

"Time for what?"

"Whatever! This, you!"

"Whoa! Are you calling me out? You want to race?"

"No! What I want is to have nothing to do with you!"

"You think you can take me, buttmunch? Bring it!"

"I don't want to bring anything!"

"Oh, yeah, I'm totally gonna crush you!"

He said with a grin, showing his gap. He drifted around Jim who had no care for the race. As Steve swerved into the other lane, the one he wasn't allowed to drive in, a car came by.

"Hey, look out!"

They yelled. Jim's eyes grew as he watched Steve drive off the road and hit a thick root of a tree before flying from his bike.

"My wheels!"

Jim swallowed hard as he adjusted his mirror to see the Stalking hot on his tail. Gripping the handle tightly, he accelerated, trying to put some distance between himself and the beast, but it still maintained a good lead. Tilting his head up, Jim finally got a clear look at the creature as it dove down towards him. Its bright yellow eyes, grayish skin, and fur-lined neck came into focus as it prepared to grab him. Jim deftly maneuvered around the large bird, causing it to crash into the pavement.

As the Stalking lifted again, attempting another attack, a Claw suddenly gripped Jim's shoulder and lifted him and the Vespa off the ground before losing its grip. Fed up, Jim reached for his amulet. The Stalking watched as a wave of blue energy engulfed the boy, Jim was now in his armor. Swinging his sword at the new enemy, Jim managed to land a few hits until the creature cried out and crashed to the ground.

Jim sped past, leaving the Stalking behind as it let out a piercing roar before flying away. Once the danger was gone, Jim slowed down, breathing heavily as he scanned his surroundings to ensure it was safe to continue riding.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

65.4K 1.7K 65
This is my first OC and I've never written anything like this before. I hope you like it, and I will admit, there are most likely some mistakes, and...
Chosen Oleh Dragonqueen9

Fiksi Penggemar

2.7K 80 11
when a father goes mental and a mother just wants to do whats best for her son, she ends up giving her son to monsters in order to protect him. these...
1K 9 21
A Trollhunters AU where Barbara becomes the Trollhunter instead of Jim. After her husband left her and her five year old son all alone, never to retu...
62.5K 1.1K 53
Here are some Trollhunters x Reader Oneshot that I hope y'all enjoy. I don't own any of these characters. Full credit to the makers of this show.