TALE OF KHUSHI THE GOLD DIGGE...

By LillyZilin

If you loved the first season of TOKTGD, you will love this too. Peep in to know more.. More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1- GAME BEGINS
CHAPTER 2- HER OPPONENT
CHAPTER 3- A DAY TO REMEMBER
CHAPTER 4- REAL AND FAKE
CHAPTER 5- I'M NOT HIM, NOT ANYMORE
CHAPTER 6- BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER
CHAPTER 7- WE ARE ALIKE
CHARACTER SKETCH SO FAR..
CHAPTER 9- IT'S HURTING ME
CHAPTER 10- BEHIND THE FACADE
CHAPTER 11- FAIR OR UNFAIR
CHAPTER 12- YOU'RE... YOU
CHAPTER 13- BUTTERFLY

CHAPTER 8- I WANT TO LIVE/DIE

1K 120 41
By LillyZilin

“If you can love someone with your whole heart, even one person, then there’s salvation in life. Even if you can’t get together with that person.”

After staring at her for a bit, he wants go there and confront her but then his gaze fell on their daughter approaching Neelam.

Arnav and Veer also was with her. "This is the kind lady I told you about, but.. Is something wrong?" Veer asked in confusion, making both Khushi and Arnav chuckled.

Neelam also confused, what are they going on about?

Khushi spoke up, "She is not Anjali, she is Neelam her dadi's caretaker."

Arnav also asked him in wonder, "What made you think she is the bride?" Can he not differentiate a maid from the master?

Khushi snickered, she found a new way to tease this brat. Veer's shocked expression was amusing to watch..

Veer was thought he would hate anyone who would be replacing his mother place but.. In the time that he had come to know her, no matter how guarded he had been, he couldn’t help developing a good feeling about this lady. Something deep inside him is telling she is perfect for father.

Soft, kind lady.. Much suited choice for his father.. Why nobody considering this idea? So what if she is a maid? His father isn't type of person who care about status either.

A lady that his father need is someone who cares about others wellbeing, he has no regards for fortune.

Till now he never seen his father smile or laugh truly from deep within, every smile of his nothing but an act.

He wish someone can make Raghavendra Pratap Rathore put his guard down and laugh together with, someone who can help him soothe his pain.

"My bad.. So which one is the real Anjali Malik?" Veer asked in disappointent tone, and his disappointment deepen even further seeing Khushi pointing at flashly dressed woman. Is Khushi gone crazy? At what angle does she look like his father's type?

Neelam felt a bit guilty seeing this boy all sad.

Khushi laughed in her heart seeing veer's expression betraying him, while Arnav is kind of offended. "What's wrong?"

Khushi pointed out, "Raizada, first day of the visit here she dressed up pretty but by next days.. She keeps up like this, you know.. Ok look at me, what do you describe my attire as?"

Neelam just stood listening out to them, feeling interesting.

Arnav took a while to ogle at her, then answered her." Simple, traditional and very beautiful." He basically complimented her.

Khushi felt flattered but this isn't the time." We dress up following occasions, otherwise being simple will help us mingle with people here easily, but she doesn't seemed to have that idea. Instead dressed like that people in village and servant will not be able to take you out of that place call the 'malkin' "

Arnav feels stunned," Then.. "

Khushi explain," Even Rathore's attire will be simple most of time. Before he met me, he usually wear a simple white shirt. After I come I will chose his attire of the day and put butler into that task. " Even today making Raghu wear Yellow same as her and Veer while gifting light blue saree to Anjali saying that 'Blue is his favourite' is also planned by her, butler is her pawn too.

The actual favourite favourite color of Rathore is not light blue but dark shade of blue, for some reason.

Whatever...

The family of RATHORE must stands out, she smirked then she notice how coincidence that Neelam also wearing yellow..?

"At this rate your sister will have hard time settling in Mr Raizada." Khushi laughed.

Arnav actually relieved hearing that, as he wishes for this alliance not happen at any cost.

"You're sister going to embarrass herself soon."She wanted him to feel insulted after all Anjali is his mother like sister.

But his reaction was quite opposite from what she imagine. He didn't hesitate at all," That's on her, she is an adult. Every action has consequences. " His reply was so savage.

She was surprised he could keep calm like this in matter of his sister.

"I gave up on my happiness once for her.. This time I will do anything to get it back, I don't care about anything or ANYONE including her." He said with so much determination in his eyes that she didn't know what to say anymore.

Arnav know that the damage already done, now she all distant and won't believe in him anymore but he got to say this, marry Rathore was Anjali and Mamiji's idea. Even though he had already told Anjali of him disapproval, she didn't seem to be listening at all.

But he won't just stop with words, he will show her that he is a changed man, a man who deserves her. He promised himself that this marriage between Rathore and his sister will be cancelled and they will be the getting married instead. She deserves a grand wedding of her dream like she said to her friend pretto.

But soon his smile fell off when he hear Anjali coming to him with a brilliant smile on her face, "I am getting engaged in two days."

Neelam immediately wished Anjali, hiding her discomfort. "Congratulations Anjaliji.."

Anjali is so happy that she blurt out, "Thanks Neelam Ji, soon you will also find someone you a second chance in life." That was something uncalled for.

Dadi and Raghu was shocked to hear that, while Khushi become more interested in Neelam after hearing that.

Veer and Arnav look at each other. Having a bad feeling.

" Neelamji, what does Anjaliji mean? "

Neelam waved her hands, "No khushi.. Ji.. Never mind it."

Anjali didn't stop, but continued on. "Woh, I heard from Dadi this morning that Neelam is a divorcee too."

Neelam froze hearing that... Raghu also stopped moving for a bit.

20 years ago..

Neelam's POV

They had no choice but elope when his parents found out that their unfavored son had fallen for a lowly maid.

They escaped to lucknow, where they begin to start a new life, her Raghu was full of life. Her being by his side he never stopped smile even at hardships..

He worked hard to support her, he forbid her to work any longer, he wanted her continue her study, while he volunteer to work.

Every bit of their money was enough to keep their life float. One day she found where he work..

He worked as a labour in a factory, lifting all that stuff alone, when he comes back home, he never showed how exhausted he was..

His parents planned to send him study.. If he didn't chose her, he wouldn't be here enduring all the pain and hardship working a hard labour...

She returned home, there she met Usha Rathore standing outside their home.

Usha had very sad smile on her face, "Is he happy now? We been hard on him.. Aren't we? I heard a news that he been working a lowly job?"

Neelam trembled as she cried, "He.."

Usha smirked, as she showed Raghu's test results, "Highest grade in entire in country! He suppose to be studying, not working! We been hard on him, yes we favored his twin but he never suffered the poverty. He had the highest quality of life. From his clothing to what he eats. His entire life was planned beforehand.. You ruined his entire life. " Usha blamed Neelam outright.

Neelam feels guilty," I didn't know he work there.. He said he is working in a good place.. "

Usha snorted," Now you know! Give back my son! My family name is ruined because of you seducing my young son, now you're also ruining his life, his future.. Give him back to me!"

Neelam shook her head to deny," No.. Maaji.. "

Usha end up slapping her," Don't call me that! I'm here not for you but for my son.. RATHORE(her husband) said if Raghu doesn't return home today, he will disown him entirely and Raghu will never able to return home anymore."

Neelam looks down, Raghu...

____________

RAGHU'S POV

When he returns home he stunned to see his father there sitting on chair, he took a step back wanting to search for his wife..

His father took out his golf stick and hit him on head.. Everything turned dark.. Neelam...

When he woke up several days, there were proof of needle mark on his arms... They were keep him drugged until the whole process finish, he was at Rathore's mansion. There was his mother.. Showed him a legal notice, the marriage between him and Neelam has been void. Divorce..

His entire soul was crushed into pieces. "How?"

"Your father brought you back, We gave her money and she took it.. She said all needed was money... You better forget her and prepare to leave for London." Usha told him grimly.

He thrown everything on his side table, ripped of his iv off, blood spilled he didn't care... He struggle to stand.." What have you done to me? " He never felt this weak..

" How did you proceed the divorce without me.. Don't tell me.. " Raghu saw Raghuveer entering the room with a pale face.

"YOU!" Raghu roared at his twin, wants to rip off that smiling face but he couldn't control his own body.

"Veer.. Don't beta. He might harm you." Usha said protectively holding Veer back.

Veer rolled his eyes at his mom, he tore her grasping hand, "Leave us alone, I need to talk to my brother."

Usha hesitate, "But.."

Raghu collapse on Veer, not having anymore strength on his body, Veer immediately hold him to support him. "Please.. He won't be able to do anything to me, right now he is weaker than I am. " Veer said frustrated of what his parents have done to his twin, he had his own way protect him. Whether right or wrong Raghu must survive.

Usha left the place with heavy heart.

Raghu looked at Veer in fury," What have you done.. "

Veer gave him a sad smile, "Raghu.. I'm sorry for this but I had no choice. Father giving those doctors order to kept you drugged.. One of them gave a piece of advice me father wants you to die by overdose.. I stopped him, he was promised to let you live if I attended the court session in your place. Your wife, she looked fine. They didn't harm her in anyway yet I think but if you don't behave as per their wish.. They might kill her along with you. "

Raghu looked at himself and cried," Then you should have left me die. You idiot! I wish I could just kill you. "

Veer admitted it himself," Yes I am. Go ahead, kill me.. After all I'm going to die anyway. "

Raghu glare at him," Don't joke around me, I'm not in mood for your nonsense."

Veer shrugged, "I also wish all of this nothing but a dream, but this is the reality. pancreatic cancer stage 4, the most I can live is 1 year, no more but could be lesser. Father wanted to cripple you at least but after he found out about my disease he decided that he needs you. So watch how you behave from now on. " Veer warned him.

Raghu looked at veer in horror," You.. "

Veer patted his shoulder," I have sick all my life, I'm fine. But I'm worried about you, I tried to save you.. Even when Subatra dadi saw you, I intentionally mention how our parents consider you a curse so she would take you away from this hell. But you ended up returning here because me too. I'm so sorry. "

"If only.. If only you was their only child, they would have treated you better.. The real cursed one is me.. Aren't I? Now me with me dying.. You will become the Rathore. The head of family, Raghu get yourself together, once you get the power, you can find her.. My bhabi and be with her.. Please wait little longer.. " Veer begged him.

Raghu felt his heart statter into pieces, he never ever had blamed veer for their parents mistreating him. Even without his words he always understood Veer's way of helping him.

"Raghu in my next life, I hope I could reborn as your son instead so I always be with you.. Unlike now, we will be the best duo... Sometimes I will be stubborn, and be a brat that I am but.. Remember I will always love you, my brother.." Veer gave him a hug, calming him down.

After that he was sended to study aboard, when he return it was see his twin brother, Raghuveer Pratap Rathore last days on his deathbed.

He also met Neelam, she was visiting the orphanage she used to visit, he felt as if his entire life's color is finally returning once again.

"Neelam.." He ran after her, but he saw shocked seeing her avoiding him. He held her by hand, "Neelam listen.. That day it wasn't.." She shoved him off. "Stay away from me."

He froze seeing her looking at him with hatred.

"We are done with each other, I realised that I was wrong with getting together you. I thought if I married you one day or another your family might accept us, and I will be able live in luxury but I was horribly wrong, all I got by marrying you was nothing but poverty. I endured it.. But not anymore, your parents looked at in distant, and I thought I could be the bride of that big house! What a joke.. Hahaha.. " He stepped back, this is not his neelam..

"Neelam.."

"I have moved on so you live your life too, stop wasting my time."She advised him, unbothered by his painful gaze.

" DON'T YOU STILL LOVE ME? OR HAVE YOU EVEN EVER LOVED ME?" He felt sick, really sick that he could die in place veer instead.

"NO, ACTUALLY I THINK I'VE FINALLY GOT IT WHY YOUR PARENTS CONSIDERED YOU A CURSE. THEY WERE RIGHT, AFTER ALL I THOUGHT I HIT A BIG JAKPOT IN LIFE. BUT IT SUCH A WASTE MARRIYING YOU.. I SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR YOUR BROTHER INSTEAD."

That's all he heard, he slowly walked out... He didn't know when he reached home, he wanted his brother to console him..

"Veer.." He opened the door saw his twin brother laying on the bed, struggling to breathe.

"Ra.. Raghu.. I want.. To.. Li.. Ve.. I.. Still.. HAVE So.. Much.. I.. To.. Do.. Brother.. I lied.. The truth.. Was.. I want to.. Live.. I don't want to die.. RAGHU.." He stopped moving after that.

"Veer? Brother?.. You gone? You also gone? Ah.. I'm all alone.. I wish I could die in place.. Why.. Why is it always like this..?" He cried holding Veer's hand.

"Please don't leave me.. I beg you.. VEER COME BACK! BROTHER..."

________

Funeral was went so smoothly, he stood looking at his brother being buried, he got his identity back but the cost was his brother..

Now he is Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore, heir of RATHORE Family. Damned family..

This wealth, power, status all of it, can it give him back Neelam? his brother?

Neelam must have her own reason, he must find her back.. He must have her back..

Soon he finds out, how difficult it is to find a person without their real name..

Then he met Yashna.. Ended up marrying her to save his brother child.

Yashna came and went like a storm in his life.. But unlike Veer, Yashna died in peace knowing that her son will be taken care by him.

When he held his son in his arms, the first name came to his mind was, "RAGHUVEER PRATAP RATHORE.."

His most treasured person was no one but his son, that's why Raghu decide that Veer will never take over this family. He shall be always his loveable son.

_____________

That day..

She divorced Raghu for sake of his future, he must live a successful life. One day.. She will meet him.. Until then..

The Raghu she met in court was not her Raghu, she knew.. This must be his twin brother.

Then she thought to go somewhere else far away for a while but her hope was crushed when she visited the doctor, and the person beside her who took her to the doctor was Usha Rathore.

Her was fate was sealed there, she was kept in house arrested by Rathore couple, rather than house arrest, one could call it kidnapping.

Neelam was released after she delivered her daughter, they didn't even let Neelam to touch her daughter. All she knew was the gender of the baby.

They took the baby away, and threatened her to leave Raghu for good, they let Raghu to approach her only to..

"You must make him believe that you were after money. There is no love involved. Understand? Or else I will kill that baby." Usha threatened her.

She thought they might return her baby but she was stupid.. Why did she believe the people who abused their own son be kind enough to return her daughter?

That's when Usha informed her of Raghu veer's death. He died after his heartbroken by her.. As a punishment..

They handover her Ahuja family, once they're done with her.

Ahuja family tortured her for last 10 years.. Then she escaped and ended up meeting the kind lady named Subatra Devi Malik.

_________

Present..

Khushi assured Neelam, "Don't worry Neelamji, Rathore have helped countless helpless widows and divorcees to remarry again, we will help you too. Haina Rathore?"

Neelam looked at Raghu in horror.

Rathore gave Neelam a meaningful gaze then replied to Khushi's interesting question," Sure, If you want I can help you marry... "

Neelam gulped at his words," No.. I don't think I want to. " Her hand reached out to hold the ring necklace on her neck.

Rathore noticed it, "If you ever change your mind, let me know. I will be willing to help you anytime."

Arnav feels like something weird is going on between Rathore and Neelam, is it just him? Why Rathore's words sounds like Rathore is prososing to marry Neelam?

Dadi is currently looking at the couples smile a huge smile.

While Khushi, Veer and Anjali are standing not feeling anything odd.

To be Continued...

Please let me know what you think of this chapter, and of this story so far.. See you in next chapter, tq.

-LILLYZILIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 14.7K 45
Arnav and Khushi are in deep love but time will do them apart as incidents fall in place but they will find happiness and closure as clarifications a...
54.9K 3.1K 23
A blissful marriage between two individuals who already lost so much in life.. will their past allow them to lead a peaceful present... An Arshi love...
318K 18.7K 60
They say, "Blood is thicker than water" In her case Blood means her family sells her off to the richest man in India for money. Water means her in-la...
49.8K 2.4K 6
A girl who is blissfully living her life with her husband meets her past which was hidden from her. What will be her reaction and what changes that p...