Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

By MykalaMcGuire

The Pretender is the fourth installment of this series. Hoping for a danger free year is like asking for a mi... More

First Day at Grimmauld Place
Mother-Daughter Day & A Talk with Sirius
Sirius's Trial
Lies in the Paper and Possibly in Dreams
Surprises at the World Cup and the Burrow
Dress Robes and Suspicions
Summer's End and the Term Begins
A Deadly Competition
First Day
Snargaluff, Curses, and S.P.E.W.
Dreams History Barbies and Bodybuilders
​Chat with Dumbledore & the Champions
The Last Straw
Please Tell Me You Didn't Say Dragons
Fighting Fire With...A Broomstick?
Hermione and the House-Elves
Dances, Dates, and Drama
The Nightmare on Christmas
Cracking Cases & Sleazy Faces
The Egg's Song
Something in the Water
Something Else
Blast to the Past
Chapter 25 Sneak Peek
Rewriting Series

Sure Has Been Some Week, Hasn't it?

167 11 3
By MykalaMcGuire

Chapter 14: Sure Has Been Some Week, Hasn't it?

Harry stirred in his sleep as he heard Hermione's voice.

"Shhh!" Hermione said. "You're going to wake them up!"

"They look so cute together!" Ginny gushed. "They're lucky no one's awake. Can you imagine if Ron and the twins saw them?"

Suddenly, Harry heard the click of a camera.

"Colin, you're going to wake them up!" Ginny said.

"What's going on?" Harry said groggily, opening his eyes to see Ginny and Hermione standing in front of him and Colin disappearing out of the common room portrait.

He tried to move when he felt something on his shoulder. Claire was asleep on his shoulder and his arm was wrapped around her waist. Harry blushed.

"So...had a good night, I assume?" Hermione said cheekily.

"It's not what it looks like, Hermione," Harry said. "Claire had a dream last night and came down here. We were just talking. We must've lost track of time and fallen asleep."

"I'm sure," Hermione said, though Harry could tell she didn't believe him (even though it was the truth).

Harry felt Claire move. Claire opened her eyes, yawned, and stretched. She then was aware of her surroundings. She was in the common room on the couch next to...Harry? Taking note of how close they were to one another and Harry's arm wrapped around her waist, her cheeks heated up.

"Um, Harry, why is your arm wrapped around me?" Claire questioned.

Harry removed his arm, blushing again and muttering, "Sorry."

Claire saw the smug looks on Hermione and Ginny's faces. She could only imagine the stories running through their heads at the sight of her and Harry together on the couch. Claire knew she was going to be interrogated about this later. Before either Ginny or Hermione could say anything else, Claire stood up from the couch.

"Good morning! I'm starving. Aren't you all? Great. I'm going to get changed." Claire ran upstairs to the girls' dormitory.

Hermione and Ginny followed her up to the dorms. Claire had just put on a red long-sleeve v-neck as the two girls walked in with the same smug looks. Claire was used to Hermione giving her these looks, but now Ginny was starting to do it too. What was going on with them?

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Claire said in annoyance.

"Claire isn't it obvious?" Ginny questioned.

"You like Harry." Hermione said simply.

Claire was flabbergasted. She scoffed. "You're mental the both of you. I do not like Harry."

"Really?" Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Then why were you blushing when Ginny and I caught the two of you all cozy on the couch?"

"I was blushing because of what you two were implying." Claire argued, though for some reason she didn't truly believe the words that came out of her mouth.

"Well, it's obvious he likes you," Ginny replied.

"There's no way he likes me." Claire said in disbelief.

"Then why did he blush?" Ginny said.

"He was probably embarrassed too!" Claire replied.

"What about last year when you and Jason were together?" Hermione added. "Didn't you notice Harry's odd behavior whenever he saw you together or when you talked about Jason?"

"Don't even bring Jason up, ok?" Claire said defensively. "And as far as Harry's behavior goes, he was just looking out for me. He's my best friend. He was just being protective. Ron and the twins acted the same way about Jason too, so unless you're implying they all like me—"

"No. Look Claire," Hermione began, "the way Ron and the twins were acting was more of a protective way. Harry, on the other hand, was acting in more of a jealous than protective way."

Claire sighed in frustration. She was getting nowhere with them. "Look, Hermione, Ginny, Harry and I...we're just friends. That's all we are and that's how it'll stay. Besides, if you haven't notice we have more important things to worry about then something as petty as me liking Harry."

"So you admit that you have feelings for Harry?" Hermione inquired.

"Don't go twisting my words, 'Mione. You know, what I meant. We need to focus on preparing Harry for the first task. I'm sure that's all that's on his mind right now." Claire said.

"Yeah, that and whatever happened between you two last night." Ginny said smugly, earning her a pillow in the face by Claire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast. As they entered the Great Hall, Harry felt like a specimen under a microscope. The Gryffindors congratulated him when he sat down at the table while the Slytherins glared at him (which he was used to) as well as the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. He spotted Ron entering the Great Hall. Ron glared at him, sitting at the far end of the table. Claire noticed this and said, "You know, it's a bit stuffy in here. It's a nice day. Why don't we have breakfast out by the Black Lake?"

"Better than being here," Harry muttered.

"I'm going to stay here." Ginny said.

"Me too." Hermione said. "You two go on."

Claire had a feeling they were going to go talk to Ron; that and they were purposely trying to get Harry and her alone together. They probably thought by doing this something would happen between them. Claire rolled her eyes internally at this. The thought that Harry liked her was absurd. There was no way he liked her. Harry was an incredible friend and person. He was caring, nice, and sweet. He could have anyone he wanted. He wouldn't go for someone like her. He'd go for someone like that Cho Chang girl. For some reason Claire felt a bit angry about this. Did that mean she liked him? No. She thought to herself. Though the voice in the back of her head beg to differ. Claire found her thoughts drifting back to this morning when he had his arm around her waist. A weird sensation began in the pit of her stomach.

"Claire?" Harry said, snapping her from her thoughts. "Ready?"

"Yeah." Claire replied, grabbing a few pieces of toast and bacon before they both left the Great Hall.

They walked outside to the Black Lake and ate breakfast.

"So, when are you planning on writing the letter to Sirius and my mom?" Claire asked.

"I already wrote it while you, Hermione, and Ginny were getting dressed. I was planning on going to the Owlery after breakfast. Did you want to come along?" Harry said.

"Sure." Claire replied.

When they finished eating, they went to the Owlery.

"Hedwig, I have a letter for you to give to Sirius and Carina." Harry called to his owl as they entered the Owlery.

Hedwig came fluttering down onto his shoulder and held out her leg as he fasten the letter to it. They watched as Hedwig flew off with their letter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"House arrest is so boring!" Sirius laid outstretched on the tattered sofa in the living room of Grimmauld Place.

Carina looked up from the book she was reading nearby and rolled her eyes at her brother's childish behavior. "You could read a book."

Sirius gave her an offend look. "I'm not that desperate."

"I swear you act like a child sometimes," Carina sighed, putting down her book. "That reminds me, have you received any post lately from Claire or Harry?"

Sirius shook his head. "Not since the last one. Why?"

"I just have a bad feeling something's happened." Carina admitted.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"The Aurors have already checked up on me today. Wonder who it could be." Sirius said.

Carina went to answer the door. When she opened, she was met with a familiar face.

"Remus? What are you doing here?" Carina smiled warmly at her friend. "Not that I'm not happy you're here. C'mon in."

"Didn't Sirius tell you about the letter I sent?" Remus questioned, stepping into the house.

Carina looked at her brother who wore an apologetic expression. "What letter?"

"Well, I sent you two a letter to see if I could stay here for a while." Remus said. "There's some job openings nearby here."

"Of course, Remus! You're always welcome here." Carina replied. "Here let me get your bags for you."

Carina pulled out her wand and waved them at the bags. "Wingardium Leviosa."

The bags floated off the ground, up the staircase, and disappeared into one of the guest rooms.

"I heard about the Doctor taking over Professor Binns's class for the year." Remus said, when she was done putting away his bags.

"Yeah, Dumbledore asked him if he wouldn't mind. He seemed really excited. Claire sent a letter telling me she was surprised to see her father at the school. I think it'll be good for the Doctor to spend time with her. Not to mention with everything going on between the World Cup and Pettigrew's escape, we agreed that he can watch over our daughter." Carina replied.

"That's understandable." Remus said, taking a seat in one of the armchairs.

"Remus! Moony! Buddy ol' pal!" Sirius greeted, patting him on the shoulder. "How are you? What's the world out beyond the wooden door like?"

Remus raised an eyebrow at his best friend's odd behavior.

"House arrest." Carina said simply. "Sirius gets antsy when he's cooped up in the house. He's more of an outdoor dog."

Sirius glared at his sister. "That was a poor excuse for a joke, Howl."

"Better than the 'Sirius jokes', Padfoot." Carina said.

Sirius gasped in mock shock. "I'll have you know that joke is my best material."

Carina laughed. "You're kidding me, right?"

"I'm Sirius." Sirius said in a serious tone. It was Carina's turn to glare at her twin. Sirius ignored her and continued speaking. "Besides, if you think the 'Sirius jokes' are bad jokes then what about those Animagus jokes, huh? What does that make them?"

Carina and Sirius began to fight over which jokes were the worst.

Remus rolled his eyes at the twins. He remembered them always getting into little fights over the stupidest things during their Hogwarts years. Remus sighed and grabbed the newspaper off the table in front of the armchair. He rolled it and walked over to the twins hitting them both upside the head earning an 'Ow!' from both of them. This was the only way to shut them up when they argued. Both of them glared at Remus.

"Hey!" the twins complained.

"Stop fighting you two! Both of those jokes are horrible." Remus scolded. "Now say sorry to each other."

Carina and Sirius both glared at each other before muttering 'sorry'. Just then, there was a pecking sound on the living room window. They looked out the window to see a white owl. It was Harry's owl Hedwig!

"I told you, Sirius. I knew something bad happened." Carina rushed to the window, opening it.

Hedwig flew inside landing on the mantel above the fireplace. Carina went over to her, untying the letter from Hedwig's leg.

"What's she talking about, Sirius?" Remus asked.

"We haven't received a letter from Claire and Harry for a while. She's automatically assuming the worst as usual. I bet she's overreacting and they sent a letter to tell her they're fine." Sirius said.

"I wish you were right about that, Sirius," Carina said, walking over to them, her face a bit pale holding the opened letter. "Read it."

Remus and Sirius read the letters.

Dear Sirius and Carina,

How are you doing? School was going well until a few days ago. Did you hear about the Triwizard Tournament? Apparently our school is hosting the event. They announced the champions at the Halloween feast and I got picked as fourth champion. I don't know who put my name in the Goblet of Fire, because I didn't. Claire told me to write to you both and let you know since she dreamed about Voldemort's spy. (She's been talking to Dumbledore about her dreams by the way.) Claire, Hermione, and Moody (the ex-Auror, he's our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher) think it could've been Voldemort's spy who put my name in the cup.

The only thing they've told us about the first task is that it's designed to test our daring. Claire and Hermione are helping me prepare though, you know, practicing defense spells. Ron and I got in a fight the night my name was called. He thinks I put my name in the cup because I want eternal glory! Can you believe that? Hermione and Claire told me he's jealous of me always getting attention for being 'the Boy Who Lived'. It's not like I ask for it. Claire yelled at Ron and now they're not talking. At least Claire and Hermione believe me. The people from the other houses have been giving me the cold shoulder; especially Hufflepuff where the second Hogwarts Champion, Cedric Diggory, belongs. I just hope that they'll see that I didn't want any of this.

Hope you're both well as well as Buckbeak.

Harry

"We need to go down there!" Sirius said, anger in his voice as he finished reading the letter. "My godson's life is in danger!"

"And just what are you going to do, Sirius?" Carina questioned. "If you leave the house the Ministry will throw you back in Azkaban and if you're in Azkaban you really won't be able to do anything."

"Carina's right, Sirius," Remus said calmly, laying a hand on Sirius' shoulder. "Besides, once a person's chosen by the Goblet of Fire, they're bound by a magical contract to compete in the tournament."

"And with Dumbledore and Moody there, they won't let anything happen to Harry." Carina reasoned with her brother. "And I'm sure Claire and Hermione will look after Harry as well."

"I guess you're right," Sirius said. "Hopefully, Claire will dream about who put Harry's name in the cup soon. That way at least the culprit couldn't harm him. Then Harry'd just have to worry about surviving the tasks."

"I wanted to ask you both about that by the way," Remus began. "What's this about Claire's dreams?"

"Claire's been having dreams. The way she's been describing them though sounds like they're visions. We don't know how long she's been having them, but she told us she had one prior to the World Cup fiasco and at the beginning of this school term." Carina said. "The first dream was about Voldemort and Pettigrew after he escaped. The other dream involved Voldemort telling one of his followers to infiltrate Hogwarts. I'm glad she told Dumbledore; especially since Harry's name was called from the cup."

"Well, I'm sure Harry will be fine. Like you said, Dumbledore and Moody are there and more than likely there are Ministry officials judging the competition who'll be there as well. Not to mention Hermione and your daughter." Remus said. "Claire seems protective over Harry judging from when I met her. Harry's the same way with her."

"That's because they like each other." Sirius said simply.

"What?" Carina and Remus said in disbelief.

Sirius rolled his eyes at them. "Honestly, it's not that hard to notice. You'd have to be blind to not see it. The way they look at each other is the same way that James and Lily looked at one another. Though I don't think they even notice they do it, but I assure you they have feelings for one another. In fact, that's why I gave Harry relationship advice."

"You gave Harry relationship advice?" Remus said in disbelief.

"Course I did," Sirius said.

"Oh Merlin," Carina groaned.

"You two make it sound like I've never been in a relationship." Sirius said.

"That's because you haven't." Remus said.

Sirius seemed a bit offend. "Of course I have. I was with that one girl for a whole month."

Carina and Remus snorted.

"That doesn't count." Carina said.

Sirius frowned. "Whatever. Anyway, we should talk to Harry face-to-face."

"We already had this discussion. You can't leave the house." Carina said.

"I'm not talking about leaving the house. Merlin Carina, we magical beings have other alternatives to having conversations besides physically going somewhere." Sirius replied, looking at the fireplace.

Remus seemed to have caught on to what Sirius was suggesting. "You're not serious?"

"Course I am, Moony," Sirius replied. "I'm always Sirius."

Carina chose to ignore this and asked, "What's he implying, Remus? It can't be floo powder because that'd be violating his house arrest. What else could it be—"

She then realized what her brother was planning. She looked at her brother and said, "Haven't lost the Marauder side of you yet, have you?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Hogwarts, it was Monday morning. Hermione was trying to persuade Harry to come down to breakfast in the Great Hall with her and Claire.

"Harry, you're going to have to face the school anyway. We have lessons today." Hermione said.

"Hermione's right, Harry. I know it's not the most ideal thing, but you just got to ignore them. We know you didn't want this, and that's all that should matter. Screw the other houses if they're too blind to see it." Claire said.

Harry sighed. "Fine. Let's go."

Upon entering the Great Hall, Claire noticed Dumbledore was not seated at the staff table. She'd have to visit him after breakfast to tell him about her most recent dream. As the three friends sat down at the Gryffindor table, the other houses glared at Harry. Some of the students were whispering things about him. Harry ignored them and scooped eggs onto his plate.

"Did you finish the assignment on Bubotuber plants Professor Sprout gave to us last week, Harry?" Hermione asked him, trying to take his mind off the staring.

"Yeah," Harry said absentmindedly.

"Claire was telling me about how you two sent Sirius and Carina a letter yesterday. It's a good thing you did. It would've been a matter of time before they found out if you hadn't sent it. Did you get a reply yet?" Hermione asked.

"No," Harry said, pushing his eggs around his plate.

Claire knew Hermione was trying to distract Harry, but it was failing to work. Claire looked around the Great Hall. Her anger was boiling inside her. She didn't understand why they were being so cold to Harry. She had to say something. Claire began to stand up when Hermione caught her arm, pulling her back into her seat.

"What are you doing?" Hermione questioned.

"I'm going to give them a piece of my mind. They're all acting ridiculous." Claire said.

"You don't have to do that, Claire," Harry said. "They'll start saying stuff about you next."

"Then let them. They shouldn't be treating you like this, Harry." Claire stood up on her chair and said in a loud, clear voice, "Excuse me."

No one in the hall paid her any attention.

She then repeated herself in a louder voice, "Excuse me."

Once again, she was ignored. Before she could say anything, she heard a person from the Slytherin table shout in a very loud voice, "HEY!"

The entire hall went silent as they looked towards the Slytherin table. Claire saw it was Jeremy who shouted.

"I believe the lady (Claire swore she heard the twins and Ron snort at this and if she wasn't trying to say something important she would've hit them all upside the head; Ron especially hard since she still wasn't over what happened last night) is trying to say something." Jeremy said.

Everyone looked towards Claire, waiting to hear what she had to say. Claire mouthed a 'thanks' to him to which he mouthed back 'no problem'. She cleared her throat.

"Good morning," Claire began, "I just have a few things that I'd like to say. I know a few evenings ago the champions of the Triwizard Tournament were announced. While most of them have been given proper support, one of them hasn't. Before any of you say anything, I'm not doing this because this person asked me to. I'm doing this by my own free will and because I feel a lot of you are acting extremely childish towards this person. (Claire sent a glare over at Ron.) For those of you who believe said person entered this tournament do to their own doing, you're wrong. If you do believe this, think of it logically. Said person is not the legal age to compete in this tournament. Therefore, they couldn't cross the enchantments on the cup. The enchantments do work based upon the failed attempt made by the Fred and George Weasley to cross them. This person didn't put their name in the Goblet of Fire and if you think otherwise there's still no reason for you to be acting so harsh toward them. Why? Because they still have to face the same tasks as the other competitors. We shouldn't be treating them like an outcast. We should show them the same respect and support as the other champions because you know all four of them will need it for enduring these tasks. The whole purpose of this tournament isn't about the winning; it's about our schools establishing relationships, good ones at that. These relationships will allow us to form friendships and perhaps even allies. And if you've heard what's been happening in our world lately such the Quidditch World Cup incident, we'll need all these things and more during times like these. Anyway, I'm done talking, so have a nice day!"

Claire sat down and continued to eat her breakfast like nothing happened. The chatter in the Great Hall resumed.

"You didn't have to do that, Claire." Harry said.

"I know, but I wanted to," Claire replied. "Hopefully, people actually paid attention to what I had to say."

"They did," Hermione said. "I think you've really opened there eyes, Claire."

"As long as they stop with their attitude towards Harry then it was all worth it." Claire said, pouring syrup over her pancakes.

When there was twenty minutes left of breakfast, Claire decided to go talk to Dumbledore. She told Hermione and Harry that she'd see them in Care of Magical Creatures before heading to Dumbledore's office. She soon found herself at the gargoyle statue.

"I forgot that I needed a password. Darn it!" Claire muttered to herself.

Suddenly, the statue moved and the stone steps began to emerge from the ground in an ascending spiral motion. Claire decided to question it later and proceeded to Dumbledore's office. After climbing the steps, she reached the door to Dumbledore's office. Claire knocked before entering.

"Miss Smith," Professor Dumbledore said as she entered his office. "Come in. Have a seat. Would you like a lemon drop?"

He held out a candy dish full of lemon drops. Claire politely declined sitting down in one of the chairs in front of the Headmaster's desk.

"I told the gargoyle that you did not require a password to proceed. So, Miss Smith, I assume you came to tell me your dream." Professor Dumbledore said.

"Yes, sir," Claire replied. "Though the thing is this dream didn't involve Voldemort whatsoever."

Professor Dumbledore gave her a curious expression. He motioned for her to continue.

"It involved my father and one of his people," Claire continued.

"Would one of these people be the Master?" Dumbledore questioned.

"How'd you know, sir?" Claire asked.

"I had a feeling," Dumbledore replied. "May I see the journal I gave you?"

Claire reached into her schoolbag and handed it to Dumbledore. He opened it and read what she wrote down. After a few minutes he gave it back to her. He had a contemplating look on his face.

"Professor Dumbledore, can I ask you something?" Claire said.

"You already did, my dear, but you may ask something else." Dumbledore replied.

"Why am I able to dream about these things?" Claire asked.

"Have you spoken to your father about your dreams?" Dumbledore said.

"Well, no," Claire admitted. "I was going to visit him last night after dinner, but what with Harry being named champion and all I didn't. I'll talk to him tonight though. But will he have the answers?"

"I can not guarantee he will, but he will at least know why you have the ability to see these things. Now, classes are about to begin in ten minutes. Have a good day, Miss Smith." Dumbledore said.

"You too, sir," Claire swung her bag over her shoulder, exiting the Headmaster's office.

Once she reached the end of the spiral staircase it disappeared.

"Hey, Claire!" Claire turned around to see Jeremy.

"Oh, hey, Jeremy!" Claire smiled. "Nice seeing you here. Enjoying Hogwarts?"

"It's different from Durmstrang, but it's nice." Jeremy said. "By the way, nice speech you gave back there at breakfast."

"I wouldn't've been able to do it if it wasn't for you making it quiet so I could speak." Claire replied.

"It's no problem. Figured you'd have something important to say." Jeremy said. "What class do you have? I could you walk you there."

"Oh, I have Transfiguration with the sixth years." Claire said.

"Me too." Jeremy said. They both began walking. "Wait, I thought you were a fourth year."

"I am, but I take two higher level classes. Sixth year Transfiguration and Seventh Year Herbology." Claire said.

"Wow. I'm impressed. I'm a sixth year student taking sixth year classes. Bet you did really well on your final exams to be moved up several grades." Jeremy replied.

"Claire! Just the person we've been looking for!" Fred and George appeared out of nowhere on either side of Claire.

"What do you need me for?" Claire questioned.

"No time to explain—" Fred began.

"—C'mon." George finished.

Unexpectedly, the twins began to carry Claire by her arms away from Jeremy.

"See you in class then?" Jeremy said to Claire as she was whisked away by the ginger-haired twins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred and George carried Claire into an empty classroom.

"Do I at least get a reason why you kidnapped me during the middle of a conversation with Jeremy?" Claire said in annoyance, as the twins shut the door and let go of her arms.

"Because we needed to talk to you about something," Fred replied.

"And that something is what exactly?" Claire questioned.

"First of all, we heard about what happened yesterday morning between you and a certain boy with a scar on his forehead," George said.

Claire groaned. "How many times am I going to have to say that nothing happened between us?!"

"Then why were you two found supposedly wrapped in each others arms on the couch in the common room?" Fred questioned.

"We weren't in each others arms! Look, the previous night Harry and I were just talking and I guess we fell asleep on the couch together." Claire explained.

"So, then nothing happened?" Fred asked.

"No, nothing happened. Harry and I didn't do anything except talk to one another, ok?" Claire replied.

"What did you two talk about exactly?" George inquired.

"The tournament, mostly. I wanted to make sure he was alright. Especially since not a lot of people believe he didn't put his name in the cup." Claire said. "Not to mention his supposedly best friend was one of those people."

"Ah, I remember that. You went off on Ron that night. By the way, you need to watch your language young lady." Fred scolded, although she could tell he was joking.

Claire scoffed. "I'm sure I'm not the only one who should mind their language. Now, can we leave? Transfiguration starts in a few minutes."

"Not so fast," George said. "We have one more thing to tell you."

Claire motioned for them to continue.

"Well, we wanted to say your speech this morning—" George said.

"—which was fantastic speech by the way—" Fred chimed in.

"It got us thinking—" George continued.

"—which doesn't happen very often, mind you," Fred said.

"Really?" Claire replied sarcastically.

"That you're right." George said.

"When it comes to us all establishing relationships, that is." Fred said.

"Which is why Fred and I have decided that you will officially be our business partner." George said.

"Is this about your Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shop?" Claire raised an eyebrow.

"Correctamundo!" Fred exclaimed.

"Why do you want me to help out with your business?" Claire questioned.

"We need a third hand and you've got pretty good grades—" George replied.

"—we don't really care that much about that part—" Fred said.

"—and we can tell from the speech you gave this morning that you can persuade people—" George continued.

"—which is a plus when dealing with a business considering you have to persuade people to buy products." Fred added.

"But I don't know anything about running a business, let alone being a part of one." Claire said.

"Neither do we," George said. "But hey, anything's possible if you've got nerve."

"So what do you say?" Fred said.

Fred and George each held out one hand.

Claire thought it over for a few seconds before shaking their hands. "I say you're looking at your new business partner."

The three of them then headed to Transfiguration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Transfiguration class, Professor McGonagall decided to rearrange the seating chart since there were students from the other schools now in her class. Claire was glad she was paired with Jeremy at her desk. When Professor McGonagall finished seating arrangements, she began a lesson on the Bird-Conjuring Charm.

Class ended sooner than expected and Claire said goodbye to Jeremy and the twins before heading to Care of Magical Creatures. She spotted Harry, Hermione, and the rest of the students in front of Hagrid's Hut. She noticed Ron talking to Dean and Seamus and was considering talking to him, but decided against it. She walked over to Harry and Hermione, who greeted her as a familiar sneer filled the air.

"Ah, look, boys, it's the champion," It was none other than Draco Malfoy. "Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer...Half the Triwizard champions have died...how long d'you reckon you're going to last, Potter? Ten minutes into the first task's my bet."

Crabbe and Goyle guffawed sycophantically.

"At least that'll be longer than you staying on your broom, Malfoy." Claire said.

The Gryffindors laughed; Claire even caught Ron laughing, but he stopped when he noticed her looking, sending her a glare. Malfoy was about to say something, but had to stop there because Hagrid emerged from the back of his cabin balancing a teetering tower of crates, each containing a very large Blast-Ended Skrewt. To the class's horror, Hagrid explained that the reason the skrewts had been killing one another was an excess of pent-up energy, and that the solution would be for each student to fix a leash on a skrewt and take it for a short walk. The only good thing about this plan was that it distracted Malfoy completely.

"Take this thing for a walk?" he repeated in disgust, staring into one of the boxes. "And where exactly are we supposed to fix the leash? Around the sting, the blasting end, or the sucker?"

"Roun' the middle," Hagrid said, demonstrating, "Er—yeh might want ter put on yer dragon-hide gloves, jus' as an extra precaution. Harry—you come here an' help me with this big one..."

However, Hagrid's real intention was to talk to Harry away from the rest of the class. He waited until everyone else had set off with their skrewts, then turned to Harry and said, very seriously, "So—yer competin', Harry. In the tournament. School champion."

"One of the champions," Harry corrected him.

Hagrid's beetle-black eyes looked very anxious under his wild eyebrows.

"No idea who put yeh in fer it, Harry?"

"You believe I didn't do it, then?" Harry said, concealing with difficulty the rush of gratitude he felt at Hagrid's words.

"'Course I do," Hagrid grinned. "Yeh say it wasn' you, an' I believe yeh—an' Dumbledore believes yer, an' all."

"Wish I knew who did do it," Harry said bitterly. "Claire and Hermione only have a theory that it was one of Voldemort's spies."

Hagrid nearly dropped the crate in his hand when Harry said this. "What? Why would they think that?"

"Er—" Was all Harry could say. He wasn't sure if Claire would be too happy with him telling Hagrid about her dreams. "Well, just ask Claire about it. I don't think she'd be happy if I told you."

"Alrigh' then," Hagrid and Harry then looked out over the lawn; the class was widely scattered now, and all in great difficulty. The skrewts were now over three feet long, and extremely powerful. Their bodies which were once covered in shells were now a thick, grayish, shiny armor. They looked like a cross between giant scorpions and elongated crabs—but they still had no distinguished heads or eyes. They had become immensely strong and very hard to control.

"Look like they're havin' fun, don' they?" Hagrid said happily.

It was quite obvious Hagrid was talking about the skrewts as the students certainly weren't; every now and then, with an alarming bang, one of the skrewts' ends would explode, causing it to shoot forward several yards, and more than one person was being dragged along their stomach, trying desperately to get back on their feet.

"Ah, I don' know, Harry," Hagrid sighed suddenly, looking back down at him with a worried expression on his face. "School champion...everythin' seems ter happen ter you, does' it?"

Harry didn't answer. Yes, everything did seem to happen to him...that was more or less what Claire and Hermione had said, and that was the reason, according to them, that Ron was no longer talking to him.

"Professor Hagrid!" Harry was snapped from his thoughts as he saw Professor Sprout, the Herbology teacher, coming towards them.

"Professor Sprout, wha' can I do fer yeh?" Hagrid asked.

"Would it be alright if Claire Smith and Neville Longbottom came with me? It's urgent." Professor Sprout asked.

"Sure, tha's fine," Hagrid said.

Harry watched Professor Sprout walk over to Claire and Neville and disappear with them to the Green Houses. Wonder what happened? Harry thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire and Neville followed Professor Sprout to the Green Houses.

"Professor Sprout, why exactly did you need us?" Claire asked.

"The Snargaluffs have gone crazy. They're attacking as crazy as the Whomping Willow!" Professor Sprout said.

"Did you try using the Full-Body Bind Curse or the Dormitus Placatus Draught?" Neville asked.

Professor Sprout nodded. "Along with several other calming draughts and spells. They're unaffected by them. So, I thought bringing in some of my N.E.W.T students would help me solve the problem. Your classmates are waiting outside the Green House."

They soon reached the Green Houses. Professor Sprout instructed them to pair up with their partners from class and to put on their dragon-hide gloves.

"Some speech you gave this morning," Cedric said to Claire as she and Neville walked over to him.

"Thanks. I was tired of people treating Harry like crap, so I spoke up." Claire said, pulling out her gloves from her schoolbag.

"Well, people have definitely opened their eyes. Me being one of them." Cedric said. "The other night when the champions were named I didn't believe Harry at first, but now after your speech I believe him. I've even talked to some of my housemates to lay off on bothering him."

"Harry'll be glad to here that," Claire said, putting on her gloves. "I just hope more people come to their senses about him. You'd think since he saved the school the past few years people would be a bit more appreciative of him. He's not trying to steal Hufflepuff's thunder and he didn't put his name in the cup. And if people don't start realizing this and continue to treat him this way then I'll be having detentions everyday for the rest of the year for hexing the student body."

Cedric chuckled. "You sure do care about, Harry."

"With all the things that've happened to him in the past years, I kind of have to. Not to mention he's my best friend. Of course I'd care about him." Claire said.

"Right, friend," Cedric said in a teasing tone.

Claire, however, didn't notice this and said, "So, what do you two think is wrong with the Snargaluffs?"

"I'm not sure," Neville replied. "Professor Sprout said she tried all sorts of calming draughts and spells and nothing worked. It's odd, isn't it?"

"Sure is." Cedric agreed. "Someone must've messed with it in order for it to be acting this way."

"Alright, everyone!" Professor Sprout called. "We're heading into the Green House. I warn you all to be very cautious around these plants. You've worked with them before and know how deadly they are. I would like you all to take out your wands and keep them handy. When you go inside, go to one of the Snargaluffs and try to get them to calm down. Also, see if you can spot anything odd about them and try not to harm them."

"Harm them?" Claire said in disbelief. "More like the other way around."

They all pulled out their wands while Professor Sprout opened the door to the Green House. They followed her inside to see three Snargaluffs. The three Snargaluffs each had six branches whipping through the air. The students looked at the plants cautiously before going to one of the plants.

"Hey, Cedric," Claire said, as they approached their plant.

"Yeah?" Cedric replied.

"Remember not to use Diffindo, alright? We don't need a repeat of spiky vines." Claire said.

"So, who wants to go first?" Neville questioned.

"I'll do it, this time," Claire said, gripping her wand a bit tighter.

She sat her bag on one of the stools and stepped closer to the plant. She immediately had to duck as one of the vines whipped pass her head. This is not going to be easy. Claire thought. Almost as though the plant had heard her thoughts, all six vines began to attack her. Claire felt extremely foolish moving every which way to avoid the vines.

"Don't forget to look if anything seems odd about the plant!" Neville said.

"Right, I'll do that once it stops attacking me!" Claire said sarcastically.

"Maybe Neville and I should check on the plant while you distract it," Cedric suggested.

"Good idea." Claire said, almost tripping on one of the vines as she jumped over it.

Neville and Cedric began to walk over to the opposite side of the plant while Claire endured several series of vine jumping. Claire was becoming frustrated and decided to use her wand.

"Stupefy!" Claire yelled.

The plant screamed.

"You're not suppose to hurt it!" Neville yelled.

"But it's okay for it to hurt me?!" Claire shouted in disbelief.

Suddenly, the vines began to whip even faster through the air. Four of the vines managed to wrap around Neville and Cedric's ankles, lifting them upside down off the ground, causing them to drop their wands on the floor.

"Hold on, I'll get you both down!" Claire yelled, but was immediately cut off as the remaining two vines wrapped around her waist, lifted her off the ground, and threw her across the room. She ended up knocking into the stool that her bag was on. Her bag landed on the floor, spilling its contents on the ground.

Claire lost her grip on her wand and tried to reach for it, but she was too late. One of the Snargaluffs's vines snatched it from the ground and snapped it in two.

"Hey, that was my wand!" Claire yelled at the plant.

"No time, Claire!" Cedric yelled. "Get Neville's or my wand!"

Claire spotted Cedric and Neville's wands. They were too far for her to reach without being attacked by the plant. What was she going to do? Suddenly, something caught her eye. It was her Sonic Screwdriver! Does it even work on plants? Worth a try, I guess. She thought to herself.

"Claire, get the wands!" Neville shouted.

"Oh, I've got something better than that!" Claire said, aiming the Sonic Screwdriver at the plant.

"What's that suppose to do?" Cedric questioned.

Claire pressed the button on the Sonic Screwdriver and the Snargaluff seized movement. The vines were still wrapped around Cedric and Neville's ankles. Claire was shocked that it worked, in fact, everyone was shocked.

"Miss Smith!" Professor Sprout said in astonishment. "How did you do that?"

"With this Professor," Claire showed her the screwdriver. "Do you want me to use it on the other ones?"

"Yes, go on, right away." Professor Sprout ushered.

After Claire finished immobilizing the other plants and helping Cedric and Neville unravelled from the Snargaluffs's vines, Professor Sprout began to speak.

"Well, I think 150 points to Gryffindor is well-deserved." Professor Sprout said.

"150?" Claire and Neville said in shock.

Professor Sprout nodded, smiling. "Yes, Miss Smith, Mr. Longbottom, 150. Miss Smith was the only one to figure out how to stop the plants. Now what is that device you used called?"

"Sonic Screwdriver." Claire said. "I got it as a gift a few years back."

"Well, I must say, I'm very grateful that you received such a contraption otherwise the Snargaluffs would be causing a lot more havoc." Professor Sprout said. "Now, all of you may head to your next class."

Everyone except Claire, Neville, and Cedric left the classroom. Professor Sprout was cleaning up some of the messes made by the plants, while Claire, Neville, and Cedric walked over to the Snargaluff.

"Sorry about your wand, Claire," Neville said, handing her her snapped wand.

"It's alright," Claire sighed, taking the broken wand. "At least no one got hurt too badly."

"That's true," Cedric said. "It could've been a lot worst than what happened."

"I still don't understand why the Snargaluffs were behaving like that," Neville said, analyzing the plant's vines. "It's like someone tampered with them."

"I think you may be right, Neville," Cedric said, as he looked at the soil of the plant.

Claire caught a glimpse of a purple slimy substance in the soil.

"What's that?" Claire furrowed her eyebrows.

Neville shrugged and reached out to touch the substance.

"Don't touch it!" Cedric exclaimed and Neville recoiled his hand. "I know what this is. I was looking at my Potions textbook several days ago trying to do an extra credit assignment for Potions and I read about it. It's a really complicated potion called Dementis Effeminatus."

"What's it do?" Neville asked.

"When any living thing consumes it they go insane. The name Dementis Effeminatus means crazy weaken in Latin. It's called that because the potion weakens one's sane mind until they've gone crazy." Cedric explained.

"But why would someone do this to the plants?" Claire questioned.

Neither Cedric nor Neville could answer her question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Claire, Neville, and Cedric explained their findings to Professor Sprout, they headed to their next classes. Claire and Neville ran to Divination hoping they wouldn't be too late. Claire spotted Harry and caught up with him, Neville following them.

"Hey!" She greeted him.

"Hey, Claire, Neville." Harry replied. "Why'd Professor Sprout need you?"

"The Snargaluffs were acting crazy. It turns out someone gave them a potion called Dementis Effeminatus. It causes the consumer to go crazy." Claire explained.

"Why would someone do that?" Harry asked.

"We don't know." Neville said. "By the way, Harry I just wanted to say that I believe you didn't put your name in the cup."

"Thanks, Neville." Harry said, smiling slightly.

"Well, I'll see you two in Divination." Neville walked away from them.

"Cedric also believes you by the way." Claire said as Neville walked away.

"Well, if it wasn't for your speech earlier I don't think he would've." Harry replied.

"I'd be lying if I said no." Claire said.

"Getting full of yourself, are you?" Harry teased with a smile etched on his face.

"Nope, according to Ron you are," Claire said.

She noticed Harry's smile falter and immediately felt guilty. "I was just joking Harry. Sorry."

"It's alright," Harry said. "Let's just get to Divination."

Claire groaned. "I'd much rather face the Snargaluffs again."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Divination ended, Claire told Harry she'd meet him at the Great Hall for dinner saying she had to talk to her father. Claire walked to her father's classroom. She knocked on the door before entering.

"Hey, dad, can I talk to you for a moment?" Claire asked.

The Doctor looked up from the stack of papers he was grading. "Oh, Claire, good to see you. Yes, c'mon in. Been grading the last essay you turned in. Great speech this morning. Tell Harry that I believe he didn't put his name in the cup."

"Will do." Claire replied.

"How was your day?" The Doctor asked.

Claire told him about the twins naming her their business partner and Professor McGonagall teaching them the Bird-Conjuring Charm. She also told him about breaking her wand.

"We should probably get you a new wand then." The Doctor said.

"Yeah, but I'll wait for the next Hogsmeade visit to get it. There's a wand shop there. For now, I'm sure I can borrow Spello-tape from someone for the time being." Claire replied.

"Alright, if you're sure," The Doctor said. He glanced at the clock on his desk. "Well, dinner's about to start. You should probably start heading there."

"Actually," Claire began, "I came here to tell you something."

The Doctor looked at his daughter with a curious expression. "What about?"

Claire reached into her schoolbag and pulled out the journal Dumbledore gave her. She held it out to him.

"What's this?" The Doctor furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity.

"A few days ago, I went to see Professor Dumbledore about my dreams. He gave me this to document them." Claire replied. "I suggest you read them."

The Doctor opened the journal and read through the pages. When he was done, he set the journal down, concern etched upon his face.

"Claire, how long have you been having these types of dreams?" Her father asked.

Claire racked her brain trying to remember the first time she ever had a dream like this. The earliest one she remembered was back in first year when she dreamed about her parents and her mom telling her father she was pregnant.

"At least since first year," Claire replied. "Dad, Dumbledore told me you'd know why I'm dreaming about this stuff. Do you?"

The Doctor cleared his throat before speaking. "Claire, my kind has a special ability. We can see all of time in our minds."

"What does that have to do with my dreams, though?" Claire asked.

"That's the thing, your dreams don't sound like dreams at all. They way you described them are almost as if you witnessed these things happen in real life." The Doctor explained. "I think, to some extent, you possess the same ability as my kind: to see all of time in your mind."

Claire stared at her father. "You mean, I can see the future?"

"In a way yes, but you can also see the past and present." The Doctor said.

Claire let this sink in for a moment. She couldn't believe this. "So, you're saying those things I dreamed about were things that actually happened?"

The Doctor nodded.

"Wow, this is crazier than stopping those plants with my Sonic screwdriver." Claire muttered.

"Was the plant made from wood?" The Doctor questioned.

"What kind of question is that—?"

"Was it made from wood?" The Doctor asked again.

"Well, yes, it did have some parts made from wood." Claire answered, not sure where her father was going with this.

"What?" The Doctor had her heard. "And the Sonic Screwdriver worked on it?"

Claire raised an eyebrow at her father. "Of course it did."

The Doctor seemed shocked by this statement and muttered, "That can't be right."

"'Course it is," Claire said.

"No, it really can't be." The Doctor shook his head. "The Sonic Screwdriver doesn't work on wood."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire couldn't believe her conversation with her dad. She had no clue why the Sonic Screwdriver worked on the plants when they supposedly couldn't. She told Harry and Hermione this as well as what she, Neville, and Cedric had found in the soil of the plants. They both found it suspicious and Claire couldn't help but think it was somehow connected to whoever put Harry's name in the cup. However, Claire didn't really have time to think about it as the rest of the week was jammed packed with assignments from teachers.

In Tuesday's History of Magic class, the Doctor began teaching them about the Witch Hunts and had told them to write a foot long essay about how it affected future genocides/persecutions of other individuals. In Charms, Professor Flitwick also assigned a foot long essay about the pros and cons of the Banishing Charm. The only semi-break Claire had was when she went to Herbology on Thursday. Professor Sprout had them replace the soil of the Mandrakes, which Claire thought was the easiest thing they'd done so far. Professor Moody continued to test the students with the Imperious Curse in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Claire dreaded it at first, but when he casted the spell on her, she managed to block it.

"Now, that's how you block the curse! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Moody exclaimed.

Moody made her endure the curse several times just as he had done with Harry before setting her free.

The only good thing about the week was that Harry wasn't being scruntized as much. Sure, there was the occasional comment thrown at him, but it seemed people had taken Claire's speech to heart; or at least were afraid of being hexed by her. Harry also seemed in a better mood because of this, which Claire was glad about. Hermione and Claire also began teaching Harry some spells in preparation for the first task in their free time.

Friday soon came and that meant Double Potions with Snape. Claire, Hermione, and Harry were walking to Potions.

"Two whole hours with the Slytherins. I can only imagine how much fun we'll be having." Claire said sarcastically.

When they arrived at Snape's dungeon, they found the Slytherins waiting outside, each and every one of them wearing a large badge on the front of his or her robes. For a second Claire thought they were S.P.E.W. badges—then she saw that they all read the same message, in luminous red letters that burnt brightly in the dim underground passage:

SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY—THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION!

Claire spotted Jason, who was the only one not wearing the button. However, her blood still boiled and she wasn't surprised when Malfoy began taking credit for the badges.

"Like them, Potter?" Malfoy said loudly as they approached. "And this isn't all they do—look!"

He pressed his badge into his chest, and the message upon it vanished, to be replaced with another, which glowed green:

POTTER STINKS!

The Slytherins howled with laughter. Each of them had pressed their badges as well, reading the same message. Harry felt the heat rise in his face and neck.

"Oh very funny," Hermione said sarcastically to Pansy Parkinson and her gang of Slytherin girls, who were laughing harder than anyone, "really witty."

Claire noticed Ron standing against the wall with Dean and Seamus. He wasn't laughing, but he sure as hell wasn't sticking up for Harry either.

"Aw, c'mon, Hermione, let's give them some credit," Claire began, causing Hermione, Harry and even Ron to look at her like she had just said she was considering jumping off the North Tower, "I'm sure it took them all week to come up with such a witty comeback."

Pansy and her gang stopped laughing and glared at Claire.

"What no comebacks?" Claire challenged. "Well, maybe if I come back in a few days you'll come up with something."

"I was going to offer a badge to, Smith, but with that remark I won't." Malfoy sneered.

"Good. Take it then and shove it up your—" Claire was interrupted by him.

"Want a button, Granger?" Malfoy ignored Claire, holding out a badge to Hermione. "I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I've just washed it, you see; don't want a Mudblood sliming it up."

Claire didn't even consider at the moment that her wand was taped together with Spello-tape that she borrowed from Seamus. She pointed her wand at Malfoy, glaring at him with such hatred that if looks could kill he'd be long gone.

"Claire!" Hermione said warningly.

Malfoy seemed scared for a split second, but caught sight of the Spello-tape and smirked. "Really, Smith? You're going to use that broken thing on me. What, your parents didn't care enough about you to replace your wand? Do we really need another incident like back in second year?" His eyes drifted over to Ron, remembering the attempt made by Ron for him eating slugs. Ron glared back at Malfoy. Malfoy then looked at Harry. "You aren't going to stop her from hurting herself are you, Potter? Must not really care about your friends then. Fame finally got to your head, hasn't it?"

Harry snapped. He pulled out his wand and pulled stepped in between Claire and Malfoy. "Shut up, Malfoy!"

"Harry!" Hermione said.

"Go on, then, Potter," Malfoy said quietly, finally taking out his own wand. "Moody's not here to look after you now and if I were you I wouldn't want a girl trying to pick my fights—do it, if you've got the guts—"

For a split second, they looked into each other's eyes, then at exactly the same time, both acted.

"Furnunculus!" Harry yelled.

"Densaugeo!" screamed Malfoy.

Jets of light shot from both wands, hit each other in midair, and ricocheted off at angles—Harry's hit Goyle in the face, and Malfoy's hit Hermione. Goyle bellowed and put his hands to his nose, where huge, ugly boils were springing up—Hermione, whimpering in panic, was clutching her mouth.

"Hermione!" Claire and Ron had hurried forward to see what was wrong with her; Harry turned and saw Ron dragging Hermione's hand away from her face. It was definitely not a pretty sight. Hermione's front teeth—already larger than average—were now growing at an alarming rate; she was looking more and more like a beaver as her teeth elongated, past her bottom lip, toward her chin—panic-stricken, she felt them and let out a terrified cry.

"And what is all this noise about?" A soft, deadly voice said.

Snape had finally arrived. The Slytherins clamored to give their explanations; Snape pointed a long yellow finger at Malfoy and said, "Explain."

"Potter attacked me, sir—"

"Bullshit!" Claire exclaimed the same time as Harry shouted, "We attacked each other at the same time!"

"—and he hit Goyle—look—"

Snape examined Goyle, whose face now resembled something that would have been at home in a book on poisonous fungi.

"Hospital wing, Goyle," Snape said calmly.

"Malfoy got Hermione!" Ron said. "Look!"

He forced Hermione to show Snape her teeth—she was doing her best to hide them with her hands, though this was difficult as they had grown down past her collar. Pansy and the other Slytherin girls were doubled up with silent giggles, pointing at Hermione from behind Snape's back. Claire resisted the urge to hex each of them.

Snape looked coldly at Hermione, then said, "I see no difference."

Hermione's eyes filled with tears as she turned on her heel and ran all the way down the corridor and out of sight.

It was lucky, perhaps, that Harry and Ron started shouting at him at the same time; their voices echoing so much in the stone corridor that it was impossible for him to hear exactly what they were calling him. He got the gist, however.

"Let's see," he said, in his silkiest voice. "Fifty points from Gryffindor and a detention each for Potter and Weasley. And you're lucky, Miss Smith, that I decided to disregard your profanity when Malfoy retold the events of what happened. Now get inside, or it'll be a week's worth of detentions."

Harry and Ron, both still fuming headed inside the classroom. Claire, on the other hand, turned away from the classroom and starting to head down the corridor.

"Miss Smith, just where do you think you're going?" Snape said.

Claire turned around. "I'm going to go visit my friend in the hospital wing, sir."

"If you leave Miss Smith, you'll be joining Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley in detention." Snape said.

"Guess I'll be in detention then." Before she turned around she said to him, "Your enormous nose must've gotten in the way of seeing the truth of what really happened."

"Detention Smith, for two weeks, starting this evening." Snape gritted his teeth.

Claire ignored him and made her way to the hospital wing where she was sure Hermione had gone to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Claire arrived at the hospital wing, she saw Hermione laying on one of the beds being tended by Madam Pomfrey. Madam Pomfrey administered a acid green color liquid to Hermione. Hermione drank the potion, though with much difficulty since her teeth were so large. She grimaced as she swallowed the liquid.

"Miss Smith, shouldn't you be in class?" Madam Pomfrey questioned.

"I wanted to make sure Hermione was ok." Claire answered.

"Alright, you may stay." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Thank you." Claire said and pulled up a chair next to Hermione's bed.

Madam Pomfrey left them.

"So, how long did she say you'd be here?" Claire asked.

Hermione tried to speak but couldn't. Claire got an idea and took out a quill, ink, and parchment handing it to her. Hermione gave her an appreciative nod and wrote down: Tomorrow.

"That's good. Do you need anything from the dorms?" Claire asked.

Hermione wrote: Change of clothes.

Claire then said, "I'll go and get them now because I'm definitely not going back to Potions. I'll be back."

Claire headed to the Gryffindor common room. After getting Hermione's clothes and taking them to her, the bell rang. Claire stayed with Hermione, who's teeth shrunk to her chin, until dinner before heading to the Great Hall. When she entered the Great Hall, Harry spotted her.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked when she sat in front of him.

"She has to stay overnight in the hospital wing. She's going to make a full recovery though." Claire said.

"That's good." Harry replied.

Suddenly, an owl flew into the Great Hall. It was Hedwig! She landed on Harry's shoulder and held out her leg. Harry untied the letter from her foot and gave her a few bits of a dinner roll before she flew away.

"It's from your mum and Sirius," Harry said, moving the letter so that they could both read it.

Harry—

We need to talk face to face. Ensure that you are alone by the fire in Gryffindor Tower at one o'clock in the morning on the 22nd of November. Carina and I both agree with Claire, Hermione, and Moody. You being entered into this tournament has Voldemort's name written all over it. Claire dreaming about Voldemort's spy is not a coincidence considering everything that has happened. Just watch your back and be careful with who you trust; including strangers.

Don't worry about Ron, he'll come around as well as the rest of the school.

As for the first task, just keep practicing the ones you know and practice even harder with the ones you don't. Carina and I will be researching some for you that we think may help you. We'll send them to you as soon as possible.

Be safe.

Sirius

P.S. Buckbeak is doing well and Remus is living with Carina and I now. Also, don't forget about that girl advice! (Sirius! You're being insensitive! Forget about what he said, Harry. Just focus on making it through the tournament first. Be careful. —Carina)

"I hope he's not planning on leaving the house." Harry said. "He'll be giving the Ministry a reason to throw him back in Azkaban."

"I don't think my mom will let him do something that could put him at risk to going back there." Claire said. "And why did Sirius give you girl advice?"

"I wonder how he plans on meeting face-to-face without leaving the house." Harry said, changing the topic.

Claire shrugged. "Don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see."

They started eating their food.

"So, did anything happen in Potions after I left?" Claire asked.

"I got called out in the middle of it." Harry said.

Claire looked at him curiously before he explained. Apparently, Colin Creevey had told Snape that he was suppose to leave the class for a photo for the Daily Prophet of all the Triwizard Champions. He talked about Ollivander testing all the champions wands to make sure they could withstand the tasks; Harry's fortunately could. He then said he had to endure an interview with Rita Skeeter.

"You're kidding." Claire said in disbelief.

"Unfortunately, I'm not." Harry muttered.

"What did she ask you about?" Claire asked.

"She asked me about what my parents would think if of me being in the tournament if they were alive. And she also asked me about, um, you." Harry blushed slightly.

"Me?" Claire questioned in disbelief. "What did she ask about me for?"

"Well, she started to ask me about you family and then she started asking me things about you." Harry said, his cheeks burning.

"She's going to twist everything you said no doubt." Claire said.

"Yeah." Harry replied.

Claire noticed something was off about him, like he was keeping something from her. She caught him looking over at the Slytherin table a few times. Claire turned to see he was looking at Jason, her ex-boyfriend.

"Ok, are you going to explain to me why you're looking at him?" Claire asked.

"Claire, when you dated Saxton did he ever talk about his family with you?" Harry questioned.

"He only said he was adopted and that he lived in London. Why?" Claire asked.

Harry suddenly found his plate to be very interesting.

"Harry?" Claire questioned. "What's going on?"

Harry looked up from his plate. "After the interviews with Skeeter, someone came into the room. And it was Saxton."

"Ok." Claire said, not seeing the big deal.

"Well, Skeeter seemed awfully happy to see him and she called him 'son'," Harry said.

Claire froze in her seat. She couldn't believe this. Jason Saxton was Rita Skeeter's son!

"You alright, Claire?" Harry asked, after a few minutes.

Claire nodded and said, "Sure has been some week, hasn't it?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That chapter was so long! For the Latin translations: Dementis=crazy, Effeminatus=weaken, Dormitus=sleep, placatus= calm. I completed made up the potion and the spell. There was a lot that happened between the Carry moments, to the appearance of three of the five Marauders, to Claire's outburst, to the twins asking Claire to be their business partner, to Malfoy being a dung head, to the attacking Snargaluff, to the father/daughter conversation, and then that surprise of Rita Skeeter being Jason's adoptive mom! I hoped the chapter lived up to your expectations. Like I said before, the chapters will take a bit longer to write because I'm adding a lot of original ideas to them so you guys won't get bored or know what to expect. Hopefully the next chapter will be done in a week or so. Thank you all for sticking around and reading the story! Love you all! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 1.3K 34
[Sherlock/Harry Potter/Wednesday crossover] Book 4: The Goblet of Fire After the events of the summer, Y/N and Wednesday are happy to be back to a my...
235K 8.9K 50
[Book Three] It's Jessica's fourth year at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is hosting the Triwizard Tournament, but that's lot the only danger Jessica will be in.
10.1K 371 20
Meet Y/n Y/l/n, a talented, gifted and quirky witch that transfered from Ilvermorny, a born Legilimens who soars high in the sky and is easily adored...
45.1K 1.9K 30
When things go very wrong before his fifth year, Harry Potter tries to pretend everything is normal... while also taking care of his human body so th...