fire from the ashes (MINWON)

Von heronmomo

Jeon Wonwoo, the second son of the king, only wants to hide and forget. He is only the ashes of the man that... Mehr

about
🥀
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four

chapter one

112 6 0
Von heronmomo

Jecheon, Donghae Province.
Royal residence of Prince Wonwoo, 1931.

Yoon Jeonghan was probably the most beautiful man Wonwoo had ever seen, but at the same time, the most cheating and lying man. A scumbag, a snake between his legs, that's why she had made him his best friend, and that's why he was now considering kicking him out of his house.

Wonwoo sighed loudly and placed one of his rings and his robe on the table, much to the other man's delight. Behind him, he could hear Soonyoung laughing.

"Is it funny?" He asked him, annoyed, "Do you find it funny that this criminal strips your prince of his clothes?"

"I have never seen the prince have any problem taking off his clothes," he commented casually. "In fact, I have heard from the servants that he may really like to do it, in the hallways mainly, if he meets a certain official..."

Soonyoung didn't stop because he had some mercy for his friend, no, he stopped because Wonwoo threw some mustard greens in his face, making Jeonghan laugh now.

"You're still a sore loser, Wonwoo," he commented, pretending to be disappointed in the young prince as he slipped the new ring onto his index finger. It was already the second he took from Wonwoo and surely he could take a few more from him.

It's not that Wonwoo disliked losing, after all he only lost things that had no value to him. What did a ring mean if he had hundreds? What did a robe mean to him if he had a dozen people making the most exquisite designs for him every time he asked? The answer was nothing, they meant nothing.

And that's why he wouldn't have had a problem with stripping away his belongings, if Jeonghan wasn't the winner.

"You are a cheater. A poisonous snake," he accused, pointing a finger.

Jeonghan smiled brightly at him and opened his mouth to say something unworthy of a man in his position when the door suddenly slid open.

The three men immediately stood up, Wonwoo frowning at being interrupted when he clearly asked not to be disturbed.

"I knew I could find all three of you here," Jisoo said, looking disapprovingly at the trio who caused his constant headaches, but whom he was very fond of despite everything. "Why aren't you dressed?"

That last bit was directed at Wonwoo, who, although was not naked, was only wearing a soft jeogori that was slightly transparent. Something his father would have found scandalous and unworthy of a prince, so he found it perfectly appropriate and worthy of him.

Wonwoo shrugged.

"Wonwoo gets affectionate in the mornings, you know that," Jeonghan joked, throwing an arm over his friend's shoulder as he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

And on any other day, Jisoo would have fallen for the provocation, and scolded them for being so careless and improper, but today he was strangely serious.

"Well, you better leave that for later and get dressed," he recommended seriously. "The prince is here, and he has brought companions from the royal palace. They are waiting for you in the living room."

Seungcheol was there?

Wonwoo couldn't help but look surprised at the mention of his older brother, it's not that he got along badly with him, but Seungcheol rarely visited him, being the crown prince he had had to stay in the capital and help repair not only the royal palace but the homes of all the people who had been affected by the curse two years ago.

Seungcheol wasn't a bad brother, but he was very different from Wonwoo, he didn't like silly games, he didn't like being in a place as remote and rustic as Jecheon, and above all he didn't like wasting his time.

That he was here would not be a coincidence, much less a simple family visit.

"I'll be there," he promised Jisoo.

The man glanced between the three again, as if to make sure they weren't up to anything. Wonwoo didn't know if he found their faces serious enough or if he just gave up, but Jisoo sighed and offered them a reverence before backing out.

"Wow, Seungcheol here is something I would never have imagined," Soonyoung blurted out once Wonwoo's counselor was out of earshot. "Let's go to your room, I'll help you get dressed."

As they walked to Wonwoo's chambers, Jeonghan had remained strangely silent, accepting the brief pieces of information that Soonyoung and the prince provided to him about the crown prince.

Once they were inside and Soonyoung began to change Wonwoo, he couldn't resist his curiosity any longer.

"Okay, I understand that Seungcheol is a boring daddy's boy who never usually leaves the royal palace," he said. "But I don't understand what makes you so nervous, maybe he just missed you and that's why he came."

"Seungcheol never misses anyone, I don't think so" Wonwoo shook his head while Soonyoung put on him a light blue robe with bird designs embroidered in white "I know him, if he's here it's because my father gave him some task, maybe watching over me or ...make me return to the capital"

"At some point you have to return, Wonunguie," Jeonghan told him firmly but sympathetically. "You are not exiled."

"I will return when I die and they have to bury my remains along with those of my family," the prince noted gloomily. "Until then, I prefer to stay here and not set foot in that damned palace."

Jeonghan just raised his hands in a sign of peace.

"I don't know why you love Jecheon so much," Soonyoung commented, finally fixing his hair. "There's nothing here but dust, rice and pigs."

"Hey!" protested Jeonghan, who was a native of the town.

"And well, the local gem. Yoon Jeonghan" Soonyoung agreed, smiling at his friend.

Wonwoo couldn't explain to them why he loved Jecheon, simply because it wasn't the place he loved. What he loved was to be far from his father, far from all those people who, like him, had lost someone and had been left incomplete forever, far from the palace where he had lived firsthand the most horrible of his nightmares. .

"I like the fresh air, and being able to go outside" was what he said.

He knew that neither of his two friends were stupid, but as always, they didn't press the issue any further.

Soonyoung announced that he was finished and positioned him in front of the room's large mirror.

Wonwoo inspected his appearance carefully, tucking one of his long locks behind his ear. The prince knew that he was objectively handsome, with his high cheekbones and cold-looking eyes, his full lips and straight nose, his skin as light as mother-of-pearl, but he felt that something was missing, that human warmth and innocence that he once had.

"You look good," Jeonghan assured, hugging him, as if he could see the train of his thoughts. "Now come on, let's finish this meeting before lunchtime, I don't want to hear Soonyoung complain that he was waiting for us too long."

The residence was a smaller replica of the royal palace, nothing comparable to the real work, however it was big enough so that they had to walk a long way, which unfortunately gave Wonwoo time to think.

It's been a year since he hadn't seen his brother in person. The last time had been when it was the anniversary of the catastrophe with the demons and... of his mother's death, but that day Wonwoo had not said a single word, and no one had forced him to, and at first hour the next morning he had taken the few belongings he had brought with him and ordered them to bring him back to Jecheon.

Wonwoo could only hope that something like the above wasn't happening again. He knew that the experts claimed that General Kim had put an end to all the demons, that he had saved them, and in the last two years nothing even remotely similar had happened, however he never got rid of that feeling of anticipation, he never got rid of the fear of losing more people.

Jeonghan took his hand then, giving it a gentle squeeze before letting it go again. Wonwoo was always surprised by how good Jeonghan was at reading people, especially him, how he always came to his rescue when he was too lost in thought to continue the conversation, lost in another world.

Jeonghan, born and educated in Jecheon, had never seen with his own eyes the massacre in the capital, he did not see how those spirits terrorized, killed and overwhelmed them for years while the king sent armies non-stop, to their certain death.

However, sometimes Wonwoo felt that he understood it as if he had experienced it firsthand.

When Wonwoo left the palace and came to live in this place forgotten by everyone, he had never thought about finding a spokesperson, much less a friend. He had taken with him the people he considered necessary and could take, Soonyoung who was the one who dressed him and was his best childhood friend, and Jisoo, who was a young advisor but too valuable for his father to have. However, Jeonghan, who until then worked raising pigs, had earned a place not only in his residence but in his heart.

And he was grateful to have met him.

When they reached the doors that led to the living room one of the guards smiled slightly at him before opening them, and Jeonghan was kind enough to pretend that he didn't realize what was happening. Wonwoo blushed a little, but brushed his fingers against the man's as he passed.

The living room of Wonwoo's house was also a replica of the living room in the royal palace, with its dark polished floors, tea table, and comfortable seats. Just like in that one the servants were working all the time, preparing food and serving them, and playing music softly, far enough away not to overhear sensitive conversations by accident. The heavy gold curtains were never drawn to give a sense of privacy.

And today it was the same as always, except for the four people sitting in front of them, all of them looking bored except for one, one that Wonwoo had not expected to see there, at least not so soon.

"Chan!" Wonwoo shouted as his younger brother shouted his name and threw himself into his arms.

Jeonghan took a surprised step back, watching as both brothers collapsed to the floor while hugging each other tightly. It was inappropriate, very inappropriate but he had to bite the inside of his cheek to not smile at seeing his friend so happy.

"Your majesty, a pleasure to receive you" was what he said, bowing deeply to the crown prince while he ignored as best he could the other two men who were rolling on the floor saying how much they missed each other.

Luckily for Wonwoo, his brother was so surprised by the man who had greeted him that he didn't bother scolding them.

"Chan, what are you doing here?" Wonwoo asked happily, helping his brother up, like whenever Chan was there, the rest of the world had disappeared for Wonwoo.

"Dad and Seungcheol-hyung gave me permission to live with you!" the young man announced excitedly.

That was fantastic, incredible, undoubtedly news that Wonwoo would never have imagined. Chan was still very young and had not completed his education, so Wonwoo had not been able to take him with him, and he knew that his father kept him with him all the time as a punishment for Wonwoo, so he had not expected to see him in Jecheon, not until two more years.

"You're welcome then," Wonwoo assured, smiling from ear to ear. "Do you want to choose your room now? You can have whatever you want, even mine and..."

A more than obvious clearing of the throat stopped Wonwoo's speech, making him finally pay attention to the rest of the visitors. Seungcheol in all his glory, and the other two men whose faces Wonwoo was sure he must recognize, but who escaped his memory.

Embarrassed, he bowed deeply to them.

"Your majesty," he said. "What a joy to receive you."

"I see that I am still your favorite brother," Seungcheol commented without malice, smiling slightly when he saw his two brothers linked arms. "Please, take a seat and remember that you are princes, children of the king."

Wonwoo wished he could forget it.

But he complied, sitting on the other side of the table with Jeonghan and Chan on either side, feeling for the first time really comfortable having visitors.

Quickly, the servants placed the tea and other food in front of them.

"I'm really glad to see you, brother," Wonwoo said, finally regaining his composure. "More so because you've brought me such good news, I appreciate the trust you and my father have placed in me to take care of Chan. And I promise you that I will do a good job."

The man next to Seungcheol looked at him then, really, and Wonwoo was surprised to notice the grimace of...disgust? that he was doing before turning to Seungcheol and commenting:

"He doesn't know anything, and he is really reckless. I don't think he can be considered suitable, maybe he needs more time, or maybe you and..."

"Enough, General Kim," Seungcheol silenced him, raising a hand. His voice had not been harsh, but he was firm enough to silence the other man. "These are orders from the king himself. If he considers that Wonwoo is ready, we are not the ones to doubt his judgment."

The so-called General Kim glared at Wonwoo, surprising him even more. What a rude man! Why did he find Wonwoo so unpleasant? How dare he look at a prince with such contempt? But above all, how did he dare question whether Wonwoo was fit to take care of Chan? His own brother, the one he loved more than anything else in this world.

Wonwoo thought about his name over and over again as he looked at the young man's face, beautiful perhaps on another occasion, when he didn't have that horrible grimace on.

That's when his name came to him. Mingyu.

Kim Mingyu, son of Kim Kang-Dae, the man who had freed them from the demons two years ago.

Wonwoo could remember him now, he was a famous figure, he had been someone very popular. However, Wonwoo didn't remember ever having exchanged words with him, which didn't explain his behavior now.

Wonwoo took Chan's hand in his.

"General, Kim. With all the due respect that you and your good family deserve," he began, speaking with all the firmness and diplomacy he could muster. "Chan is my brother, and I consider myself fit to guarantee him an education of the best quality, and the greatest protection. You probably don't know it, but no one in this world loves Chan more than me, there are no better hands than mine for this."

Chan smiled slightly at him and Wonwoo felt proud of his act, of course, until Kim Mingyu let out an exasperated sigh and raised his hands to the sky saying:

"This fool really knows nothing!"

"Fool?!" Wonwoo was offended, feeling how Jeonghan and Chan quickly tightened their hands so that he couldn't throw himself at a man who was not only taller and visibly stronger than him, but also a famous war general. A certain death.

"Enough," Seungcheol stopped them before it escalated, frowning at Mingyu. "Keep your composure, you are both high-ranking men, not just any dirty peasant."

At this Wonwoo could feel Jeonghan tense next to him, and he finally calmed down, taking his hand. Seungcheol was not an evil man but sometimes he made unpleasant comments, and Wonwoo knew from the closed expression on his friend's face that this would be an offense that Jeonghan would not forget even because he was the crown prince, Jeonghan never forgot any offense.

"Your majesty, an apology," his spokesperson spoke coldly. "But I can understand from this conversation by General Kim that the stay of the young prince Chan with us is not the main reason for your visit, however, and unfortunately I must say, it is true that we do not know what other reason you may have for being here. Not just Prince Wonwoo but the rest of us."

Seungcheol sighed, nodding.

"I was afraid that the news might not have reached you, it is extremely difficult to send correspondence here. It's so far away and the road is arduous," he lamented. "That's also why my father thought it was a good idea for me to be the one to tell you about the arrangements in person..."

"For that reason and because he had to make sure that you do not run away from your duties," General Kim pointed out, a reproachful tone in his voice clear as water. "A royal bodyguard for an adult man."

Wonwoo didn't like his mocking tone, and would have surely stabbed him if not for Jeonghan's interruption.

"So, I understand from this that we will not only have Prince Chan with us, but also the crown prince and his companions?" Even Jeonghan was surprised.

"That's right," Seungcheol informed. "But only for a while, the first few months... they adjust to each other and Wonwoo fulfills his duty."

Prince Wonwoo frowned, having Seungcheol in the residence was unthinkable, his father had indeed gone to extremes this time to keep an eye on him, but it didn't matter, he would receive him, even though it was obviously his father's tactic. Wonwoo loved his brother and enjoyed his company no matter how rigid and infuriating he was sometimes, now, about General Kim...

"You are always welcome at my residence, brother," he assured, looking maliciously at the man next to him. "And I suppose we can find somewhere to accommodate the General, while you are here, although I must warn that Jecheon does not have the comforts that "A high-ranking general could be used to."

Wonwoo hoped that Mingyu would catch on from his speech that he was not welcome here, General Kim, incredibly unaffected, just smirked at him.

"The general will stay here, Wonwoo," Seungcheol told him, sighing for the tenth time in the conversation. "That's the real reason for the visit. We came here because General Kim, son of our savior Kim Kang-Dae, is of marriageable age, and it is our time to fulfill our duty."

The news hit Wonwoo like a bucket of cold water, he could feel Chan squeezing his hand under the table. How could Wonwoo really be so stupid? How had he forgotten?

Kim Mingyu's father had saved them from the army of demons and evil spirits that stalked the capital for two years, he had brandished his sword and led his men fearlessly against the heart of evil and had emerged victorious, any king who was a man of honor knew what he should do in gratitude.

Give him the hand of his first-born son or first-born daughter.

Seungcheol was getting married.

He was going to marry General Kim.

The ill-mannered general and Prince Wonwoo would be brothers.

Now it made sense that Prince Seungcheol had come from so far to break the news personally, and that his father finally gave in to Chan living with him. It was an offer of peace for the brothers.

"Seungcheol-hyung," Wonwoo said softly, rising from his seat to kneel in front of his brother. "I understand why you came all this way to present yourself to me. And of course you will have my support in your marriage, although I would have wished for you a brother or sister with a...level head, so that they could give you the peace that a king only lacks, I understand that you have a duty to fulfill, and I will do my best to accept General Kim as my brother, as long as he gives you only pride and joy."

Wonwoo said it from his heart, he couldn't imagine being in Seungcheol's shoes, being a prince was already an arduous task in itself, a life without much joy, being the crown prince was even worse.

How distressing it must have been to realize that you couldn't even choose who to marry, that you couldn't even experience the kind of love that everyone dreamed of.

Wonwoo sincerely wished that Seungcheol could fall in love with the general, he looked rough and without manners, but maybe Seungcheol liked them that way, Wonwoo had no idea about his preferences, his brother had always been very reserved.

Seungcheol looked like he wanted to hit him on the head, Kim Mingyu on the other hand, looked entertained for the first time.

"Prince Seungcheol always does his duty," commented Mingyu, "it would have been wiser if tradition was respected on this occasion."

Seungcheol shot a warning look at the general who again closed his mouth, although he crossed his arms, noticeably annoyed.

"Wonwoo-ssi, I am not the one who is going to marry General Kim," his brother told him, and it was not his words that alerted the middle prince, but the softness of the tone used.

Seungcheol rarely spoke softly, he didn't shout, but he usually kept his voice calm, professional. The voice of someone who was going to be king one day, and above all he was not soft on Wonwoo.

That could only mean that he was going to hit with all his might.

"Who is General Kim going to marry?" Wonwoo asked, fearing the worst.

"General Kim Mingyu is your fiancé Wonwoo-ssi."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

47.6K 1.1K 35
Details : Mingyu is a millionare bully because of his dad and mingyu didn't bother a thing to his dad then suddenly one day he needs a personal tutor...
5K 172 24
All he wants to do is waste his life, but thanks to a promise he made to someone, he keeps on fighting... Fortunately, he meets someone who shows him...
22.1K 1.3K 29
Jeonghan knew he had fucked up, the moment he lied to his mother about having a boyfriend. But unfortunately the situation got even worse when he acc...
77K 2.9K 43
Wonwoo is a big fan of BSS group and aspires to form a band of his own with his bestfriends Jeonghan and Jihoon, while his fate gets tangled with a f...