⌞ always the angel, never a g...

By forgottenrevelry_

eilulia leclerc is the twin sister of the infamous charles leclerc. she has spent her entire life doing whate... More

「 ✦ part one ✦ 」
「 ✦ part one : characters ✦ 」
⌞ one : the beginning ⌝
⌞ two : highschool ⌝
⌞ three : competition ⌝
⌞ four : the cafe ⌝
⌞ five : news ⌝
⌞ six : thoughts ⌝
⌞ seven : home ⌝
⌞ eight : old friends ⌝
⌞ nine : sparks ⌝
⌞ ten : date? ⌝
⌞ eleven : shopping spree ⌝
⌞ twelve : family ⌝
⌞ thirteen : practice ⌝
⌞ fourteen : dinner party ⌝
⌞ fifteen : qualifying ⌝
⌞ sixteen : blue or red? ⌝
⌞ seventeen : race ⌝
⌞ eighteen : home? ⌝
⌞ nineteen : invitations ⌝
⌞ twenty : london ⌝
⌞ twenty-one : fathers? ⌝
⌞ twenty-two : shut up and drive ⌝
⌞ twenty-three : makeover ⌝
⌞ twenty-four : dinner with legends ⌝
⌞ twenty-five : race day ⌝
⌞ twenty-six : winter break ⌝
⌞ twenty-seven : lessons ⌝
⌞ twenty-eight : rain... ⌝
WARNING
*⌞ twenty-nine : three... ⌝*
⌞ thirty : two... ⌝
⌞ thirty-one : one...⌝
⌞ thirty-two : the end of the beginning ⌝
*⌞ thirty-three : reality ⌝*
⌞ thirty-four : cycles ⌝
*⌞ thirty-five : my mama ⌝*
*⌞ thirty-six : goodbyes ⌝*
⌞ thirty-seven : fresh starts ⌝
⌞ chapter thirty-nine : lessons in grief ⌝
⌞ chapter fourty : lullabies ⌝
*⌞ chapter forty-one : bad decisions ⌝*
「 ✦ part two ✦ 」
⌞ fourty-two : street circuit ⌝

*⌞ chapter thirty-eight : run together ⌝*

1.3K 49 2
By forgottenrevelry_

(mentions of alcohol abuse, panic attacks, eating issues) 

_

"We'll come visit soon, I promise."

_

I woke, the sun coming in through the curtains I had forgotten to close the night before. I groaned, throwing the covers over my eyes. My head hurt. I couldn't tell if it was from the crying and screaming or the bottle of scotch I had someone talked myself into last night. 

I had been alone for almost three weeks now. The first few days had been fine. I knew that it was going to be hard to live here, with everything being a reminder of him so I avoided everything. I had been ordering takeout with all the money to my name, now. I stayed in my room, using the bathroom connected to it. I only left when I needed to grab my food. And that worked for a bit. 

But then it started. Mako started to come over. I had wondered how long it would take. He had found out that I was back in town from someone, probably Charlie, and was now trying to see me. I didn't have the energy to. Hell, I barely had the energy to get out of bed for the food I forced myself to eat. 

After a while, he stopped trying and I was thankful for but at the same time, I wondered if I needed to talk to him. To talk to anyone. I had avoided the calls from the grid, only answering messages. I used the excuse that I missed it, but I often watched it ring. I just didn't have the energy for anything. 

It started to ring again. I looked down to see it was a call from Seb. I watched it, debating if I wanted to pick it up. I knew I would have to at some point but I just couldn't find the energy too. Talking felt so stupid and so did everything else. I guess I was at that part in my grief and I knew that Jules wouldn't want it to be like this. But I could barely leave my room without breaking down because everything reminded me of him. 

It stopped ringing and I rolled back over. Time for another day in bed. 

_

Three o'clock rolled around and I sighed. My body was in pain from lack of food which meant it was time to get some sort of food. I grabbed my phone, ignoring the messages from everyone, and pulled up the place across town. It had been the only food I was able to keep down since that first night. It was cheap and not that great, but I was able to not throw it up within three hours. I took the wins I could get. 

After I set the order, I forced myself out of bed. I needed to shower. It had been days and I was starting to get annoyed by the feeling of the grime and dried tears. There was only so much I could handle. It was a battle between the need to be clean and the grief. And at this moment, the need to be clean won. 

I stripped out of the clothes I had been in for the past week, throwing them into the corner. I would put them in the laundry when I had the energy but that wasn't right now. I grabbed a towel from the rack and turned on the water. I threw another towel over the mirror, not wanting to look at myself. I had avoided that too, looking at myself. It was going to have one of two reactions; one) I see all the parts of Jules in my face or two) I see how awful I've gotten and then start to cry over that. 

I knew what I was doing wasn't good. I knew that I needed to eat more than when my body reminded me with hunger pains. I knew that I needed to respond to the grid, take their calls, accept their help. I knew I needed to talk to Mako at some point. I knew I needed to leave my room for more than just the dash to the door and back. I knew all of this, but I just... couldn't. I felt like I was living in a fog. 

I pushed those thoughts away as I stepped under the hot water. The tension left my shoulders as I stood there, watching the steam roll through the bathroom. I watched the water in the drain as if I could see the grime coming off of me. Or maybe because it was enough to keep my focus. The hot water started to make me dizzy and that's when I started to rush through everything I needed to do. 

I finished and dried off, not caring to do anything to protect my curls. That was too much work and my food was going to be here soon. I had timed it well enough to know how long it to. A routine. Even if it was the worst version of one. 

I grabbed a pair of shorts and a baggy t-shirt, throwing both on. I didn't go back to my bed, instead I sat down on the floor next to my door. It was closed and sometimes I caught myself watching it, waiting for Jules's to knock. It was never going to happen. But a girl could dream. I sighed, resting my head against the wall. My phone buzzed and I sighed, picking it up. Lewis. 

Lew ( Dad ) 

Hey kid. I know you're probably

going through a lot right now and I'm so sorry. But please. I need to knowthat you're alright.

yeah, i'm alive

Oh, thank God.

Seb said you didn't pick up his call?

i was sleeping

Got it. You've been sleeping a lot.

it's the only thing i have the energy 
to do

Ah. Well, we have the weekend off.

Nico and I were going to come down and see you.

oh, okay

Unless you don't want that.

no, that's fine

Alright, please take care of yourself

until then. I love you, Lu.

I closed my phone, hearing the knock on the front door. I opened my door, fast walking to it. I just wanted to grab it and go but as I opened the door, it wasn't the delivery guy. 

"Mako..." 

I cleared my throat, not realizing how raw it was from crying every night and not talking. He just smiled. 

"You're alive, then." 

"Mhm." 

He looked at me and I crossed my arms, feeling like I was being judged. It was the first time I had been aware that I might not look the best. I knew it but this was the first reaction I had to it. 

"You weren't expecting me." 

"I wouldn't have opened the door if I knew it was you." 

"Ouch." 

"Sorry.." 

He shook his head, leaning against the frame. "Don't apologize. I'm not that hurt, I know you're going through a lot." 

"Yeah, a lot." 

"I just wanted to check on you." 

"Well, you did that." 

He sighed. "Lul-" 

"If you could leave now, that would be great. I am just wanting my food and to go back to watching my movie." 

I lied about the movie part. But I wasn't going to tell him that I was taking my food back to the bed I had been lying in for three weeks to eat until I couldn't force food down my throat anymore and then cry myself into another night of restless sleep. 

"Right, yeah. I'll uh- see you later then." 

I nodded and closed the door, forcing him to step back. I didn't move, keeping my eyes on the door. My food would be here soon and I didn't want to walk back to my room just to walk out again, two minutes later. But I also couldn't just stay in this room.

But something got the better of me and I turned around. Everything was exactly as it had been from that first night. I hadn't touched any of the boxes, just using whatever was already in my room. That wasn't what caught my eye. It was the box on the counter with a piece of paper next to it. I didn't see that earlier. My legs moved on their own, over to the counter. I picked up the paper, leaving the box. 

Lily, 

I gave this to Lewis. I had wanted to give it to you myself but... well. Here, my love. I did promise you this when you had finally grown up. Enjoy it and wear it with pride. You're going to carry on.

All my love, forever, 

Jules

I crumbled the paper, throwing it across the room. Tears pushed at my eyes but I blinked them away, picking up the box with shaky hands. I flipped the lid and inside was the Bianchi family crest. On a silver chain. I dropped it, the pendant ringing as it hit the granite. I rubbed my hands on my shirt, trying to get rid of the feeling as I walked backward to my room. I slammed the door, ignoring the knock that meant my food had arrived. 

All I could focus on was my breath and how I couldn't get it. My tears rushed and I sank to the floor, pulling my knees to my chest. It was real. This was the end. 

________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: not much talking but good building for our lovely little eli. anyways, love it or don't :p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 6K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...
16.9K 601 13
While y/n Leclerc managed to detach from all the stress, to focus on her new relationship with Pierre, Charles Leclerc's life is falling apart. You t...
41.9K 1K 51
Two destroying secrets. An agreement between two people. Sex. Just sex. That was what they wanted. A friendship with certain benefits. He helped her...
49.2K 929 58
Lilianna McNair, a young mother on a family holiday with her parents, older brother and 5-year-old daughter, decides to go out for a night on the tow...