Destructive Enchantment

Por twistedinreality

[๐ฒ๐š๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž!๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ] The plan was simple. Don't make a fool of yourself, and do... Mรกs

Prologue
Chapter 1: Past Tribulations I
Chapter 2: Past Tribulations II
Chapter 3: Past Tribulations III
Chapter 4: Past Tribulations IIII
Chapter 5: Arrival
Chapter 6: Not a Goblin
Chapter 7: Heart Attack At First Sight
Chapter 8: Dance With The Devil
Chapter 9: Maniac on the Dance Floor
Chapter 10: Late Night Visitor
Chapter 11: A Kiss From My Miss
Chapter 12: Departure
Chapter 13: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 14: Odd One Out
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: A Warning
Chapter 17: My Lovely Flower
Chapter 18: Serendipity of A Mad Man
Chapter 19: Sleeping Beauty

Chapter 20: Conflicting Emotions

3.5K 229 32
Por twistedinreality

"Where were you yesterday?" Lady Aria whispers to me, darting her eyes around looking for his majesty.

I smile awkwardly. Should I lie or tell her the truth? "I accidentally fell asleep."

It technically wasn't a lie.

She furrows her eyebrows. "Really? When I came to your room, your maid said you were currently out and busy," she whispers, the doors opening as a certain black-haired male strides in.

I chuckle awkwardly, my cheeks fire at being caught red-handed. "Okay fine, I was with his majesty," I whisper back.

"You were what!?" She hissed through gritted teeth. Looking around once more, she grabs my shoulder. "Meet me in my room afterward. Tell me all about it in private, immediately."

I nod at her, right as the doors open up. A certain emperor struts in, his eyes wandering around the room until they eventually land on mine, holding gazes for a few seconds before he begins speaking. "Good afternoon, all. As you may have noticed, three ladies have been eliminated, so congratulations on making it this far," a few heads turn around, looking at the noticeable difference in the amount of people.

"For today, we have set up tables with various activities. Please feel free to mingle amongst yourselves," his majesty takes a seat at the table with teacups on it, a few ladies immediately following suit and taking seats near him.

Lady Aria looks at me. "What do you wish to do?" I look around at the various stations, before my eyes land on the pile of instruments.

"Over there!" I excitedly drag Lady Aria to the table. Taking a seat at a grand piano, I push down on a key, listening to the soft note fill the silence.

"Do you know how to play?" Lady Aria questions, tilting her head as she peers down at me.

My fingers automatically move in a specific position, the muscle memory kicking in. "Not well. I only know a couple songs my mother taught me. I can't read any notes, but I do remember how to play the few songs she taught me," I admit. It probably wasn't the best way to learn, but that was how it was.

Lady Aria crosses her arms, leaning on the top of the piano as she curiously glances. I began playing the familiar tune of a lullaby that my mother used to play when I was a mere child. When I was plagued with restlessness, she used to take me to the music room and play me this song, carrying me to a soundless slumber.

As I grew older, I began to learn how to play it for myself through countless nights of hearing it. This song reminded me of her and the love she had showered me in.

It was a simple song, nothing of a professional level, but the meaning behind it made it the most priceless of them all.

As the last note fades, Lady Aria claps her hands. "That was good! You shouldn't underestimate yourself so much."

I grin at her words. "I am only good at that song, since I've heard it so much as a child. Do you play any instruments?" I ask her, curiously.

Lady Aria nods. "I also play piano." I scoot over, patting the bench.

"I want to hear!" I exclaim, enthusiastic to hear Lady Aria's talent. She takes a seat beside me, resting her hands on the keys, and begins to play a sweet tune.

"I'm going to head to my room and then I'll meet you in yours," I whisper to Lady Aria.

She narrows her eyes at me slightly. "Don't forget this time!" She warns, slapping my arm lightly before being escorted by her maid.

I giggle, before I see my own maid walk up to me. We begin walking back in the direction of my quarters. "How was your evening, my lady?" Sarah asks, politely.

I smile. "It was fun! Lady Aria taught me how to read a few notes from a music sheet, since I don't know how to formally play the piano." Sarah looks at me, before nodding.

"That sounds fun, my lady. Your schedule for the rest of the day is free, but his majesty would like to see you before supper," she informs me.

I furrow my eyebrows. What could he possibly want from me again? I already helped him plan his private garden. Perhaps he wants opinions on the castle garden?

"I will come collect you when the time comes," Sarah bows, before opening my door, though I don't walk in immediately.

"Sarah, how do I get to Lady Aria's room from here?" I question her, leaning on my door. She raises her eyebrows slightly, before giving me the general directions. "Thank you, Sarah. I will most likely be in her room if I am not in mine when you come to collect me," I informed her in advance. 

"Understood, my lady," she bows her head, before departing. I walk in, dressing into a more casual dress, before I head over to Lady Aria's room.

Once I am sure I am at the right door, I knock gingerly, before announcing myself. "Lady Aria? It is me, Lady (y/n)."

The door opens, and a familiar princess greets me. "Come in," she gestures. Walking in, I take a seat on the edge of her bed, noticing her room looks similar to mine, though it is smaller?

Her voice snaps me out of my observation. "So, tell me everything," she urges, laying down on the bed, clutching her pillow.

I purse my lips, feeling embarrassed at having to say it out loud. "Well...his majesty was in my room yesterday after brunch and he took me to his room," I begin, before she cuts me off.

"What!?" She gapes at me. I hold up a hand in defense, explaining myself.

"We didn't do anything! He took me to his room to ask for my advice on what his private garden should look like. I gave him my honest opinions before it started to storm, so we went back inside and he spoke to me about some stuff. I was going to head to your room immediately after, but I ended up falling asleep..." I trail off.

Lady Aria's mouth remains gaped. "That somehow got even worse!" She exclaims, burying her face into the pillow.

I shift a little, suddenly feeling the need to defend him. "I honestly don't think he is that bad. He was quite hospitable and even gave me his gloves when we went outside because I was cold. He doesn't seem like he would do anything to hurt me. Besides, weren't you the one who said I should get closer to him to find out his intentions?" I squint my eyes at her.

She groans. "Yes, I did. And did you find out what his intentions were?"

I chuckle awkwardly. "No."

"Wonderful," she replied sarcastically. "Okay, what did he speak to you about?"

Darn, she had caught onto that somehow. Figuring there was no harm in telling her the truth, I blurt out. "He told me who he was eliminating."

Lady Aria furrows her eyebrows. "What?"

I clear my throat, lowering my voice a bit. "He was sorting through the papers with all of the candidates on them, and told me who he was going to eliminate. You were right about the other two ladies being eliminated, but when he got to you, he said you didn't speak to him much, though he saw potential."

Lady Aria's expression grows concerned. "Why would he tell you all of this? It is something that he should consult with his council and advisory."

"He said I had an unbiased view and he values my opinions," I recall his kind words.

"Lady (y/n), I don't have a good feeling about this. He has clearly shown favorability towards you above all others," she leans up a little bit.

"Yes, I am beginning to see that, too. He even sent all of us hydrangeas after I said I liked them," I reminisce on that conversation, as well.

"I didn't get any flowers," Lady Aria raises an eyebrow.

I look at her. "What? I thought he was giving them to all of the ladies, since they got such a big delivery."

She shakes her head. "I haven't received a single thing from his majesty. The only gift I've gotten from my stay so far was from my father." She gets off the bed, grabbing a small box from her nightstand. Opening it, there is a beautiful necklace with a shining pendant in the middle. A dove holding an olive branch in its mouth, made of pure diamond. 

"That is our kingdom's symbol. He gifted it to me in hopes of cheering me up, since he figured I didn't want to be here. The only reason I even accepted the offer to participate was because I was hoping to build useful relationships with others while I was still here, to help my kingdom," she gingerly holds the necklace.

"It is beautiful! You should wear it with pride! Let me help you put it on," I offer.

She smiles, before handing me the pendent. Turning around, she lifts her hair, allowing me to clasp it in place. "Did you receive anything from your father?"

I pause, before letting my hands drop. "Ah, no, I did not. I sent a letter home to my sister, though I haven't received anything back yet." I suddenly remember the letter I had sent to Eliza.

"That is odd. Are you guys close?" She asks, cautiously, as if she didn't want to prod into my personal life.

"Quite so, though she didn't seem ecstatic with our last conversation." Sadness fills my heart at the silence from her end. "I gave the letter to his majesty on one of the first days here, so she should've received it and replied if she wanted to by now."

Lady Aria's eyes widened. "Do you think his majesty had something to do with it?"

"What do you mean?" I ask her, confused.

"I mean, do you think he even sent it out? If you guys are close, I am sure she would still send a letter checking in on you, even if you didn't have the best conversation before she left," Lady Aria concludes.

"There is no way he would do that. He said he promised he would send it out to her. She is most likely just very cross with me, since I accepted to participate, knowing she loathes his majesty," I mope.

"Does he know she hates him?" Lady Aria questions.

"Yes. They never showed outright hostility to each other, but his majesty and Eliza were quite passive aggressive towards one another everytime they interacted," I do my best to explain their dynamic.

Lady Aria looks skeptical. "Don't you find it weird how he is showing you so much favoritism and you also didn't receive any letter back from the girl who happens to hate him?"

I stay silent, a cue for her to continue. "Think about it. He clearly favors you, so why would he allow you to talk to someone who has a bad image of him?"

Her words seep into my mind. His majesty wouldn't, would he? He promised me. "But you also don't exactly favor him, yet we are speaking to each other."

"Yes, because we are in the same proximity. We are bound to speak to each other, since we are quite literally residing in the same castle. It would be impossible to control our interactions. But, the same can't be said for people who are far apart," she states.

I bite down on my fingertip, feeling conflicted at the two opposing sides. "Lady (y/n), think. You may have had positive interactions with his majesty so far, but he is an extremely cunning man. I am just saying, don't sweep this possibility under the rug until you have proven your side to be true."

"What should I do? Should I ask him?" Lady Aria waves her hands frantically at that.

"No! That is much too obvious that you are suspicious," she pauses. "Though, I am unsure of what you should do. It feels like you are stuck in this situation."

It is my turn to bury my face into the pillow in frustration. "Why is this so difficult?" I question no one in particular.

"Because his majesty has shown a keen interest in you. It is pretty clear what his intention is. He is romancing you. You will most likely be chosen. I am sure not even Lady Mary-Ann or Lady Annabeth has received flowers. I feel quite bad for you," she looks at me, sympathetically.

I think back to my interactions with his majesty. Hesitating, I open my mouth, thinking about my words carefully. "I mean, would it be so bad if he chose me? His majesty has been kind to me so far, and I don't detest him."

Lady Aria stares at me. "Don't tell me you have fallen for him."

Falling for his majesty? Many ladies of this empire seek out his majesty with their hand in waiting, so I would be like the majority. Have I fallen for him?

"There is nothing wrong with it. His majesty is handsome, powerful, and wealthy. He is a girl's dream man. The only thing I am worried about is what he is hiding underneath that mask of kindness he is showing you," she explains.

"Do you think he is faking being nice to me?" I couldn't help but feel a pang of hurt hit my chest. His majesty and I didn't start off on a great foot, though I feel as if I had earned his respect and kindness throughout my time here. Was it all a lie?

"I think he is genuinely being nice to you. After all, he seems very interested in you, though everybody hides a secret side of them," Lady Aria says. "Listen, if you have fallen for his majesty and you do not mind being empress, then go for it. I just don't want you to get hurt or be deceived," Lady Aria pats my shoulder gently.

I slump a little bit. "I am unsure of what I should do now."

"Trust your gut instinct. Do what it tells you to do, is the only thing I can tell you from an unbiased perspective," Lady Aria solemnly says.

"I do not think my gut knows what to do either," I half-jokingly replied.

Lady Aria chuckles. "In that case, just go with the flow until it does know."

I sit up. "Enough about this. Tell me more about what you've been doing."

———

Time flew by as we chatted and laughed, before rapt knocking came at the door. "I have come to collect Lady (y/n). Sarah's familiar voice called.

Lady Aria looks at me, whispering, "Where are you going?"

"His majesty wanted to speak with me before supper," I whispered back. "I will be right out!" I called to Sarah.

Getting up, Lady Aria grabs my wrist. "Remember what I said. Trust your instincts."

I nod, hugging her before excusing myself. Opening the door, I am greeted by Sarah. "Hello, Sarah. I apologize, I lost track of time," I sheepishly explained myself.

She smiles. "No worries, my lady. I am just glad you had a good time with Lady Aria, but his majesty would like to see you now," she bows, and we take off.

———

A/N: Hi yall! Sorry for not updating for the past two weeks! I've been real busy with life stuff, but I finally got around to writing! Unedited and very rough, but an update nonetheless.

Part of the reason I also haven't been updating was because I wanted to take some time, sit down, and read again. I feel like I haven't had the time to sit down and properly read other works, so I wanted to take the time to do that.

I am not the biggest ao3 reader, but I did read a few stories on there. I must say, there is some real fucked up stuff on there, LOL. I thought my characters were crazy, but it isn't even a candle to what some of the ao3 writers be cooking up.

That said, it has inspired me to potentially make my next book a real dark story. Like, dark. But, I am not sure I would be the best at that LOL.

Anyways, I don't plan on writing a new story until this one is finished, since I want to dedicate my efforts to this one until the finish.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient with my hectic, sporadic schedule! We hit 2k hearts on quotev, and over 66k reads on wattpad, which is insane! I really did not expect this story to do as well as it has been doing, so I truly am flattered so many people enjoy it thus far.

Love yall! ❤️

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

2.9M 191K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
3.2M 186K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
603K 63.6K 25
ููŠ ูˆุณุท ุฏู‡ู„ูŠุฒ ู…ุนุชู… ูŠูˆู„ุฏ ุดุฎุตู‹ุง ู‚ุงุชู… ู‚ูˆูŠ ุฌุจุงุฑู‹ ุจุงุฑุฏ ูŠูˆุฌุฏ ุจุฏุงุฎู„ ู‚ู„ุจู‡ู ุดุฑุงุฑุฉูู‹ ู…ูู†ูŠุฑุฉ ู‡ู„ ุณุชุตุจุญ ุงู„ุดุฑุงุฑุฉ ู†ุงุฑู‹ุง ุชุญุฑู‚ ุงู„ุฌู…ูŠุน ุฃู… ุณุชุจุฑุฏ ูˆุชู†ุทูุฆ ู…ุงุฐุง ู„ูˆ ุชู„ูˆู† ุงู„ุฃ...
1.7M 95K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...