SMILE FOR US!

By Dracunyan1987

Yandere!Smiling Critters x Male!Child!Reader Y/n was a just a normal kid, wanting to make friends at Playcare... More

Reader Info + Bio
Smiling Critters Age and Roles
Chapter 1 - Y/n Meets CatNap
Chapter 2 - Y/n Meets DogDay
Chapter 3 - Y/n Meets the Other Smiling Critters - Part 1
Chapter 4 - Y/n Meets the Other Smiling Critters - Part 2

Prologue - Brotherly Bond (Prequel Arc - Part 1)

2.2K 54 41
By Dracunyan1987

Location: Playcare - Playtime Co.

Date: March 14th, 1987

No POV

It all started a while ago when the Playcare was built underneath the toy factory known as Playtime Co., there was a young 8-year-old boy by the name of Y/n L/n, who was one of the many orphaned kids that was sent to Playcare, but he didn't make many friends at Playcare because no one wants to play with him for no reason.

Y/n wasn't a bad kid nor a weird one, he's a sweet and caring child that just wanted to make some friends to play and laugh with and no one in the Playcare wants to be friends with him at all.

Well, except for one of those kids, who is a 9-year-old boy named Theodore Campbell and he is one if not only kid in the entire Playcare that managed to become friends with Y/n, and he really enjoyed playing with him despite the other kids making fun of them or how badly treated towards Y/n. Luckily for him, Theo is always there to stand up to Y/n like he's an older brother to him and proud of it too.

Y/n never thought to be in a place that makes toys for a living. In fact, it never seized to amaze him of the creations of Playtime co, making living toys was a start and they seem to be friendly towards Y/n. Maybe a bit too friendly, which Y/n doesn't seem to mind as the toys can be a bit overprotective like how one of them named Huggy Wuggy tried to attack one of the kids that punched Y/n in the stomach or when Mommy Long Legs nearly broke one of the kid's arms when one of them pushed Y/n to the train tracks before the train could arrive.

The workers and scientists were all curious is to why they are all acting this way when Y/n is around, but this gives them the opportunity to study Y/n whenever they bring one of the living toys to see how they react to the child.

Huggy Wuggy: He gave Y/n a big, but gentle hug, sending out a purring sound whenever he hugs Y/n to his soft and fluffy chest.

Mommy Long Legs: Once she is inside with Y/n, she immediately showed her motherly side to herself to Y/n and she played games with Y/n as she treats him like her own child.

Bunzo Bunny: He is happy to be with someone like Y/n as he played a happy tune with his cymbals and sang happy birthday to him, even though that it wasn't Y/n's birthday today, but Y/n enjoyed it very much as he and Bunzo Bunny played games together.

PJ Pug-a-Pillar: When he enters the room, he acts like a pet dog to Y/n, and he happily licks his face and plays with him.

Boogie Bot, Bron, Candy Cat and Bee Cat: Like every other toy, they all did the same thing as they laughed and played with each other.

These tests have given them enough information on the Y/n as they have an amazing idea to create a new line of toys that Y/n and the other kids will enjoy that will become the new mascots of Playcare.

However, they needed a test subject to make it happen and they know who the perfect candidate for that kind of project is.

After Y/n was escorted back to Playcare through the Elliot Express, Theodore was happy to see Y/n return from the testing labs.

Theodore: Hey, buddy? Did you have fun playing with the other toys?

Y/n: I sure did, Theo! They were really friendly to me, and it was weird at first, but it was ok. Did you have a good time without me, though?

Theodore: Oh, yeah! I'm doing great today! I've been talking to my "friend" a lot.

When Y/n met Theodore in Playcare, he has learned about his "friend" that he always mentioned about his imaginary friend, he says that Y/n and his "friend" are the only friends he has. Y/n has always wanted to know who this "friend" is, but Theodore doesn't want to tell anyone about him to Y/n or anyone else, which Y/n completely understands and decides to not to investigate on who this "friend" really is that might lead him into trouble.

Y/n: I know I had this question in the back of my mind for a while, what does your friend look like?

Theodore: He told me not to tell anyone, but he would like to meet you one day, but not today.

Y/n: Ok then. I understand. (Sad Sigh) You know, Theo. You're like a brother to me and I wish you were my brother.

Theodore: Well, maybe when I get adopted to a family, I can ask them to adopt you as well.

Y/n: I would like that a lot.

Theodore: Me too and maybe one day, when that day comes, we might have a pizza party to celebrate!

Y/n's eyes brightened, and tears started to flow as he hugged Theodore, which he hugged back to comfort Y/n to tell him that things are gonna be alright.

Theodore: Oh, don't cry, buddy. I'm sure we'll get adopted sooner or later. We just gotta believe in ourselves and I'll always be here for you, little brother.

Y/n smiled happily that Theodore is always there for him until someone had to break up the happy moment to tell Theodore that the scientist needs to have a word with him in one of the testing labs.

???: Hey, I hate to break up the happy moment, you two, but the scientists want to have a word with you, Theodore.

Theodore: Oh? Hey, Jack. Did I do something wrong?

Jack: No, you're not in trouble, kiddo. They just need to run some test on you, probably concerning about your health or something. I don't know.

Theodore: Ok, but let me do something first, before I go.

Jack: Ok, but you better hurry, cause the boss won't like it when someone is standing around and doing nothing.

Theodore: Ok, it won't be long. (To Y/n) Buddy, I know that I may be gone for a while, but I need to stay happy for me and be on your best behavior. Think you can do that, buddy.

Y/n: Sure...I'll be okay.

Theodore: Don't worry, buddy. I'm sure you'll be okay while I'm gone. I'll see you later, Y/n.

Y/n: Bye, Theo.

So, Theodore went with Jack, aka the Janitor as he turned back to Y/n to tell that everything will be alright as he is one of those guys in Playtime Co. that treats Y/n and Theodore like a respectable parental figure.

Jack: Don't worry, kiddo. I'm sure everything will be okay.

Y/n: Thanks Jack.

Jack: No problem, kiddo.

So, then Jack and Theodore left Playcare through the cable car to meet up with the scientists, Y/n walked over to a corner of Playcare, away from everyone else that would give them a really hard time as he hugged his knees and began crying softly, hoping that nothing bad will happen to Theodore once he meets up with the scientist at the labs.

He felt a part of him missing as Theodore was the only missing piece in the puzzle and Y/n always thought of Theodore as his older brother and he always treated him like one than anyone else has ever done.

Then out of nowhere, Y/n was completely unaware of a mysterious robotic hand that saw the brotherly bond between him and Theodore as if it knew what was going to happen to Theodore when he arrives at the labs to become the factory's newest test subject and it can sense the sadness and despair within the boy's heart and see him as a perfect kind of toys in the robot's perspective due to how many of the other toys treated him with kindness and respect towards him.

Prototype: This boy....he's perfect....too perfect to let go off.....it's no wonder why every toy like him so much....he should join our cause to get back at the factory for what they did to us.....he should never be treated such disrespect like how the other kids in Playcare treated him....luckily for him, he's about to experience pure joy once Theodore come back from the labs. I just need to make a few adjustments to him once the scientists are done experimenting him.....the boy deserves to be treated equally like the rest of us.....he will soon learn the true meaning of love and happiness that will bring a happy smile on his face...when the hour of joy is upon us....

Timeskip - A Few Days Later

It's been a few days since Theodore went into the labs and both Y/n and Jack are getting worried about him. Then Jack asked one of his co-workers about Theodore to see if they know what happened to him.

Jack: Hey, Michael. I got a question for you.

Michael: Sure, Jack. What is it?

Jack: Any idea on what happened to that kid named Theodore? It's been at least 3 Days since he went in the labs to meet up with those scientists.

Michael: Oh. Well, I'm not sure what happened to him, but I did hear that he somehow got adopted. That's what Charlie told me.

Jack: Really? Oh, man. I hate to see him go, but I'm sure that he will be happy to be with his new family. Although, I don't think Y/n is going to like the bad news when I tell him.

Michael: Don't worry. I'm sure the kid will be okay without Theodore.

Jack: That's the thing, Michael. Y/n got no friends to play with and Theodore is the only one that cares about him and since he's gone, Y/n got no one to look after him without getting any scrapes and bruises from the other kids that bully him all the time.

Michael: Oh, what's the big deal about it? They're just a bunch of kids and they always like to play and run around and stuff.

Jack: What's the big deal? Y/n is being treated like an outcast and no one else, but myself is worried about the poor kid. I mean, did you see how the other toys like Huggy Wuggy and Mommy Long Legs did to a couple of kids that tried to harm him. One of them got a part of his brain bitten off by Huggy Wuggy and lived and the other one got her arm broken by Mommy Long Legs when she pushed Y/n into the train tracks that nearly got him ran over by the train if Mommy Long Legs didn't pull him out of there in time.

Michael: Wait what?! Are you serious, bro!?

Jack: Yes, I'm serious about it, Michael! Did you remember how the other toys reacted to Y/n when they used him to test their behavior towards Y/n? They were treated with love and respect. That's the kind of thing that Y/n needs in his life and I am the only adult here in this factory that gives it to him. I've been treating him and Theodore like my own kids and I still can't believe that everyone else has been treating him like an outcast.

Michael: Geez, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say bad things about him.

Jack': It's fine, Michael. Just don't let it happen again.

Michael: Got it. By the way, the boss wanted all of us to meet at the auditorium for them to reveal their latest new toy that not only is going to be used to help the kids go to sleep at night, but as the caretaker for Playcare. I heard they made it through the Bigger Bodies Interactive Program.

Jack: You don't say? Well, I guess we better get over right away then. Don't want the boss to get mad at us for being tardy, do we?

Michael: No sir. I'm not losing my job for being late at a special meeting like this. We better get going then.

Jack: You don't need to tell me twice.

So then, they both head over to the auditorium to see what the new toy is about, not even bothering to see the cardboard cutout they both just passed through that was put on display that shows a purple feline toy that is going to be the next big toy in the world of Playtime Co.

COMING SOON!

MEET CATNAP AND THE SMILING CRITTERS!

COMING TO YOUR LOCAL TOY STORE!

END OF PROLOGUE

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1K 29
Ten years ago, Y/n was adopted from the Playtime Co orphanage, Playcare. Years later, their father gets a letter from the abandoned factory but Y/n f...
14K 376 26
Y/N L/N is a single mother, taking care of her adopted daughter, Dorothy, while also juggling both a night job and a day job. Other than that she liv...
32.5K 971 28
"๐˜’๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด, ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ /๐˜•!!" " ๐˜๐˜ ๐˜ /๐˜•!!" โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โœง.*๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Y/n comes back to the old Playtime Co. to find her...