Duvarları içinde - within the...

By m3edina1

Duvarları içinde (within the walls) Great-granddaughter of Suleyman Shah and Hayme Ana Granddaughter of Ertuğ... More

Before you read
Glossary
Charachters
Prologue/Extended Description
Relationships
Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 13

38 1 0
By m3edina1

Warning:  Mention of torture and blood.

As stated there will be torture in this chapter, which is taken out of episode 75 of the Kurulus Osman series with my own input of conversation (not more torture).

I'll put two half-moons at the start of the scene, so if you're feeling uncomfortable with, you can skip it. The chapter will end after this.

In the start, there's only a slight mention of it though, the rest is just conversation.

Mihrimah woke up, yet again in the foreign bed. And yet again, Hatice Hatun helped her in her dress, but this time also arrived with breakfast.

Mihrimah did notice that the hatun has been speaking of the Vizier. ''Say, Hatice Hatun. Is the Vizier waiting for me to eat breakfast or?''

''No, Sultan'im. He rode to the Kayi tribe early in the morning .''

Mihrimah stiffened at the mention of her home. ''Why would he leave for the tribe so early?''

Hatice Hatun looked at her and paused at what she was doing, as if she was debating with herself. ''I don't know, Sultan'im.'' she lied.

Mihrimah didn't push further, but sat down on a cushion and began to eat her breakfast in peace and quiet, for once.

When she finished, she ventured to the kitchen to make some halva. It's been a while since she had the opportunity to do so, as she had been very busy with her duties lately.

As she was about transfer the mixture onto the baking pan, she suddenly felt a pierce through her shoulder, making her drop everything on the floor.

Gunduz had kidnapped Mari. It wasn't only her, who had been put to sleep, but also the alps, which made it easier for him to sneak her out.

When it was announced that she wasn't in her tent, Turgut Bey went to find her.

Then, Vizier Alemshah arrived at the Kayi tribe and met Osman, who was about to go after Turgut.

Osman didn't have time, as he wanted to leave as soon as possible. ''We are in a hurry, Vizier. What is this about?'' he asked begrudgingly.

''Soldiers!'' the Vizier ignored him arrogantly. His soldiers tried to get hold of Osman, but where knocked out by him. The rest of the soldiers pointed their spears at Osman, and his alps where quick to draw their swords.

''You are under arrest by the order of Sultan Mesud, Osman Bey.'' Commander Konur stated.

''What are you saying?'' Osman said stoical.

Selcan wouldn't have any of it and spoke. ''Do you hear what are you saying? He is the Bey of Kayi tribe, Osman Bey!''

''It is the order of Sultan Mesud.'' Alemshah said. ''You are arrested, Osman Bey.''

''Why are you arresting him? Tell me!'' Malhun demanded.

The Vizier didn't answer Malhun, but when she and Bala looked at Osman, he signaled for them to calm down, and that he had things under control.

''Alpler! Drop your swords!'' The Alps obeyed and plunged their swords into the ground. Then, Osman held his hands up, so the soldiers could tie them and his alps, minus Boran

The Vizier smirked at the sight.

A soldier was about to take Osman's sword but he jerked away from him. ''Take your hands off! Don't touch my sword.'' Osman turned to Selcan Hatun.

''Ana. Come.'' Selcan knew what he was asking of her. She walked up to Osman and pushed the soldier away. She then took Osman's sword and plunged it to the ground.

While they were taken away, they arrived in the woods. Osman's ties were loosely bound and he managed to free his hands. His alps were taken to Sögüt, while he was to be led to Konya.

He managed to take down a few soldiers, but was impaled in the shoulder by one of commander Konur's spears and additionally hit by an arrow, but managed to flee regardless.

''Sultan'im!'' Hatice Hatun called out for her. She saw the halva on the floor and Mihrimah rubbing her shoulder. ''Are you alright?!''

''I'm fine Hatice Hatun, my shoulder suddenly started to hurt. I'm fine.''

Hatice nodded. ''Tamam, but please go and rest. I'll clear this out.''

Mihrimah sighed in defeat and left the kitchen. Just as she left the kitchen, Vizier Alemshah arrived with a few soldiers.

She felt the anger rise in her and she walked up to him to confront him. ''Alemshah, why have you been in the tribe?''

''Mihrimah, let's discuss th-''

''No!'' she exclaimed. She knew that he didn't want her to argue in front of his soldiers. Mihrimah eyed the soldiers.''Leave us alone!''

The soldiers were hesitant, but obeyed nonetheless.

''Why didn't you tell me that you were going to the tribe?'' she asked, this time calmer than before.

Alemshah clenched his jaws, but pushed his anger down too. ''Mihrimah.''

''Alemshah.'' Mihrimah cut him off. ''If you really want to marry me, then I want us to be on the same side! I don't care if you're a man. But if you yell, I'll yell back and if you hit, then I'll hit back. Stop keeping secrets regarding my tribe from me. We are might to be married, but the Kayi tribe is still my home, where I have my roots. I want to know what is happening in it, with or without your permission.''

The Vizier was speechless at how much the tribe meant to her and gave in. He couldn't have that she was angry at him. ''Osman Bey has been arrested and is currently being led to Konya. He stands accused of treason against the Seljuk Sultanate.''

Mihrimah felt as though the ground had been ripped out from beneath her feet at Alemshah's words. ''Arrested?'' Mihrimah repeated. ''But why?''

''I am not able to disclose the reason.'' he hid the fact that he wrote a letter to the Sultan. ''But rest assured, justice will be served.''

Before Mihrimah could speak, Alemshah continued, and his voice was a more sinister tone. ''And as for Osman's men.'' Alemshah said. ''They are currently being... persuaded to see things from a different perspective.''

Mihrimah's blood ran cold at Alemshah's words. ''Torture?''

Alemshah's lips curled into a cold smile. ''I would do whatever is necessary to protect the interests of the Seljuk Sultanate.'' Alemshah replied icily. ''Even if it means resorting to... extreme measures.''

Despite the turmoil raging within her, Mihrimah knew she had to remain composed in the face of Alemshah's cruelty. She had to hide her true emotions, for the sake of her tribe and her family.

''I understand.'' Mihrimah replied. ''Thank you for informing me, Alemshah. I will... handle the situation accordingly.''

As the chilling news of Osman's arrest settled like a heavy storm over Mihrimah's heart, Vizier Alemshah guided her through the hallways.

Each step weighted on her, as they approached their destination. Finally, they reached a secluded corner of the inn, where a small group of Osman's loyal alps stood.

Goktug Alp

Cerkutay Alp

Gence Bey

and two others.

Thankfully, he didn't lead her all the way down to them, but rather looking at them from the railings. But even so, it was a horrible sight.

Their hands were bound by rope, that also was bound to the chandelier, and they were barely able to stand on their toes. Their backs were marred with crimson streaks of blood.

Every time the soldiers whipped them, grunts could be heard, it took Mihrimah all the willpower not to act.

Mihrimah's breath was caught in her throat as she saw the brutal scene before her. Alemshah's presence loomed beside her with a cold expression, as he observed her reaction with a glint of satisfaction. ''Osman Bey's loyal Alps.''

When the alps looked up to them, their eyes widened at the sight of Mihrimah, who didn't dare to take her sight off them.

''I wish that you had chosen to obey your state, instead of choosing loyalty towards your Bey. You wouldn't be suffering now.''

''Vizier.. Your cruelty will never be enough to make the valiants of the Kayi give up. I don't know what Mihrimah is dong here, but... we won't be manipulated that easily.'' Goktug taunted him.

''Do your best.'' Cerkutay added, grining.

''This is the price of defiance, Mihrimah.'' Alemshah said, as he gestured towards the alps. ''Those who refuse to cooperate with the Sultanate must face the consequences of their actions.''

Mihrimah's fists clenched at her sides, her nails digging into her palms as she fought to contain the torrent of rage and sorrow that threatened to consume her.

She knew she had to remain composed, to hide her true feelings from Alemshah's watchful gaze, but the sight of her uncle's loyal warriors suffering at the hands of their tormentors filled her with a seething sense of fury.

''You... you would subject your own people to such cruelty?'' Mihrimah managed to choke out.

''I would do whatever is necessary to ensure the stability and security of the Seljuk Sultanate.''  Alemshah replied without remorse. ''Even if it means sacrificing a few loyal soldiers for the greater good.''

Mihrimah's jaw clenched, but forced a smile, and Alemshah seemed satisfied with her not pushing it further. 

She knew, she must have damaged some of the trust he had in her, decided to regain it by giving out an announcement.

''If you ever leave this place...'' they all looked at her. ''Inform your Bey that Vizier Alemshah and I... are to be married.''

It was suddenly silent, the alps were having a hard time processing what Mihrimah just announced.

Even Alemshah was taken aback by her action.

Seeing that they wasn't going to say anything, Alemshah gave out an order. ''Soldiers! Whip them until their skin leaves their bones! Then put them in the dungeon!''

Mihrimah flinched at the sound of the whips make contact with the alps already bloody back and left the place immediately.

As she hurried back to her chambers, tears rolled down her cheeks.

Word count: 1592

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Remember By BamsiAlpBasi

Historical Fiction

6.6K 337 22
This Hatun has no connections with any of the Bey's family. Her Baba and Abi continue to effortlessly fight under the name of Kayi with no recognitio...
41.9K 1.9K 25
"I was always overshadowed by the success of my sisters who were favouritised by the whole family, especially by my mother. Whatever I made was never...
13.4K 820 53
"I'm not ready to be just another of your mistakes." ---------- Ayedah Harraz is a writer. A silently passionate young woman with incredible creativ...
48.9K 1.3K 86
Note: This is my first Magnificent Century fanfiction, I'm going off the T.V series. I do not own any of the character my own. Please bare with me on...