TALE OF KHUSHI THE GOLD DIGGE...

By LillyZilin

If you loved the first season of TOKTGD, you will love this too. Peep in to know more.. More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1- GAME BEGINS
CHAPTER 2- HER OPPONENT
CHAPTER 3- A DAY TO REMEMBER
CHAPTER 4- REAL AND FAKE
CHAPTER 5- I'M NOT HIM, NOT ANYMORE
CHAPTER 6- BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER
CHAPTER 8- I WANT TO LIVE/DIE
CHARACTER SKETCH SO FAR..
CHAPTER 9- IT'S HURTING ME
CHAPTER 10- BEHIND THE FACADE
CHAPTER 11- FAIR OR UNFAIR
CHAPTER 12- YOU'RE... YOU
CHAPTER 13- BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 14- HIS WIFE, HER HUSBAND

CHAPTER 7- WE ARE ALIKE

995 116 51
By LillyZilin

Rathore mansion.

Raghu already aware that Dadi is scheming something but he wonder if he care or not.

Subatra Devi looked at his cold face, this man before her once was her pet. He was her favourite, he wrote some letters to her but suddenly the letter stopped, then she heard the news of his death.

She believed it, because she knew what Rathore couples were capable of, she thought he committed suicide to escape that vermins. But he is here alive, posing as someone else.

He loved Neelam then he end up marrying someone else instead?

"I saw the big portrait of your first wife, can you tell me about your wife." Dadi asked.

Raghu wanted to avoid this old lady's question, "I don't think you should know it."

Dadi snorted, "Yashna Devi Ahuja, She is really pretty.. Such a beautiful woman who wouldn't fall for such a lady? A legitimate daughter of that family, I wonder if you still contact with Ahuja family.."

Raghu looked turned gloomy, his parents and her parents could compete one another for title of worst parent after all.

He kept Veer from such a toxic people, they value money, status and lineage most, they never realised the real value a people,which he and Yashna did.

If he need to describe Yashna in one word that would be, "She is my carbon copy.. Female version of mine, she was great wife and a mother.. Unlike her, her family member were not up to standard so I cut my ties with them after Yashna died."

Dadi nods, Ahuja was always been a bad news anyway, "Still, don't see how Anjali is different from you? Will you accept her as your first wife's replacement?"

Raghu lowered his eyes to look at Dadi eyes, "No one can replace her." He is doing this for sake Khushi, if it wasn't for her.. He won't even spare Anjali a glance.

Dadi sighed, "You've grown a lot but it's seems you've changed a lot. Time makes you wiser, but at same time you better use that time wisely." She advised.

Raghu flattened his lips, nobody could have survived the ordeal he had gone through, only he knew why he is doing this..

"Subatra Ji. Temple.. We shall go there, now stop digging unwanted past of mine and please see your self out, thank you very much." He controlled himself and said to her polite which she accepted with a smile, "Good." Before she leave she saw Butler coming her way holding set new clothes for Raghu. Yellow color?

A great idea start brewing in her mind.

__________

Anjali quickly changed into light blue saree, knowing what's Raghu's favourite color.
She admired herself in the mirror, smiled to herself, "A brilliant design suitable for MADAM of RATHORE Family indeed." All of it given to her by Raghu's personal butler.

She beamed in happiness and went downstairs, dressed like a princess she is.

Everyone was gathered at living room, waiting for her, including Rathore.

Anjali frowned upon seeing Raghu in yellow shirt, not blue. What irked more was Khushi also yellow salwar.

Her attention turned somewhere else when her hears caught a sound of anklet, Neelam is came dressed combined color with mostly yellow.

Her face turned ugly when she noticed Khushi's mocking smile but Khushi had an innocent look on her face when she faced Rathore.

Dadi smiled satisfied seeing the rightful family members wearing same colour clothes.

Veer when our immediately to get the car ready, Anjali decided make her move on him..

Anjali sighed deeply, then placed her hand on his arms with any hesitation, and said earnestly, "Raghu you didn't you wait for me? I was looking forward to have a breakfast with you.."

Rathore back stiffened. He turned his head mechanically, then saw Neelam standing few steps away, looking at them.

Khushi smiled darkly hearing, immediately opened her mouth to point Anjali's silly mistake. A lamb is intentionally stepping on her landmine, will be blasted into pieces.

"Oh? Anjaliji, Rathore is very strict about time and whenever he present at mansion, people of this village and servant will be eager eat together with him, if he waited for you, won't other starve till you get ready?" After all they been quite a while for her to get ready and come down.

Khushi then smirked," Only by appearing flashy and dolled up you think people will recognise you as Mrs RATHORE?"

Anjali almost choked to death at Khushi's words."Khushiji!"

Rathore clear his throat, "Khushi.."

Khushi then mellowed down, "I mean, behaviour make the best of you. Start tomorrow dress humble and learn custom of this house, don't worry you're new here after all.. I will teach you." Khushi say all that with calm innocence.

Anjali fumed in anger while Arnav and Dadi stood unbothered, Anjali wished mamiji stayed here instead of Dadi.

"Sure.. Thank you." Anjali grit her teeth, hiding her rage.

"Shall we go?" Arnav interrupted, not wanting anymore argument, his sister is getting totally shameless.

On other hand, Neelam didn't know why her heart turned bitter at sight of Anjali touching Rathore..

"He is not my Raghu.." She chanted in her heart, holding her rudramala tightly.

_____________

Temple was built on remoted area of the village, but quite nicely renovated, just walking in the pandit gave them so much respect.

While Dadi and Raghu busy discussing about some puja.

His eyes lingered on Khushi for a while then noticed her standing and having some conversation with Rathore's son.

"There are guests at home but you decided to stayover at your friend's house last nightrr?" Khushi asked suspiciously.

Veer grumble seeing her questioning him, "So what, who are you to lecture me? Even dad didn't say anything yet."

Khushi was honestly taken back, "He is because he believes I will watch over you. You know clearly that there is some people who don't like your father.. They might go after you."

Veer rolled his eyes, "Sure isn't that more inconvenient to you? There won't be anyone else rival you anymore."

Khushi took a deep breath, "Veer listen.."
Arnav appear before them, "She is your sister, you better respect her words and listen to her."

Khushi had troubled expression and she lamented regretfully, "Raizada..."

Veer looked at Arnav up and down, "You're? Oh.. Your our new uncle?"

Khushi was surprised, our? Veer is accepting that she is his sister?

This hit Arnav's sore spot, he been trying to get Khushi back as his wife but everyone else has been bent on making her his niece instead, "What the."

Veer smiled realising that he is brother of that kind lady? The moment he thought of 'Anjali' , his gloomy mood instantly became sunny. "I met your sister, I like her alot. I approve of her."

Both Khushi and Arnav looked at each other with wide open eyes, he liked Anjali?

"What's wrong with this guy?" They both thought same thing.

____________

Pandit look at looked at Rathore and Anjali, he gave them his blessings, and said. "There is very auspicious day coming in two day, engagement date can be fixed on that date."

Dadi nodded, "Sure."

Raghu stood cold and unfeeling, Anjali looked at him all blushing like this is her first time getting married.

Neelam mood was complicated, and she was silent for quite a while before she came back to reality.

She excuses herself and went for to relax, away from the man who's appearance is tricking her to believe something impossible.

Her husband, was faithful to her..
Even though she was forced to divorce him, she knew that he will wait for her, his loyalty is something that can't be shaken.

For her husband to remarry and have a child with another woman... Impossible..

"My husband won't betray me, not even in his dreams." She mumbled the she heard a old man like a swami sitting under a tree calling her.

"Come here."

Neelam was cautious at first, afraid he be a scammer, a fraud.

"Don't believe me? Then.. Shall I guess your name?" He laughed at her.

She frowned, "Anyone can do that.."

He laughed again, "Not when you hid your real name."

"Do know me? Or someone from THAT FAMILY?" Fear spread out like fire in her heart.

"Not.. I just a poor person who have a special abilities.. I see you're troubled by your heart. You who bare the SAME name as your daughter." He pointed out.

Neelam, aka Khushi Ahuja stood shocked at this old man. "How.."

He just smiled, "Let's say I just know. And heed my advice to you. Don't believe anyone, but yourself. A great danger is awaiting you and those people are close to you.. A person is going to lose their life, if you wish to save them, listen to your heart, oh true bride of the dead man." He laughs loud and slowly moved from there..

Leaving stunned Neelam behind, he is right.. Her real name was Khushi, illigimate daughter of Ahuja family, Yashna Devi is her step sister.

Yashna's father, Mr. Ahuja took advantage a poor maid and discard her when he had his fill.. After her mother died, she was given to the orphanage but she was abused there.. She ended up escaping that place and found herself before fainted before Rathore Mansion.

They took her in and gave her work there, that's where she meets him, in cold and dark shed that he was locked in by his parents..

"What's your name?" He asked her curiosly.

She looked down, sadly.. She hated her name, Khushi.. Where is that happiness? Her life was nothing but happy.

"I apologise but I have no name, young master." Khushi lied to the miserable young master of RATHORE FAMILY.

People in big houses, they are all bad people.. She wonder if he will also be like THEM when he grows up.

"Me too.. We're alike.." He muttered munching the bread she had given to him.

"Huh? Did you said something?" She asked.

"Nothing.." He denied.

Whenever he gets punished she will be the one who accompany him in dark, then one day she heard say, "Neelam that will be what I will be calling you from now on.."

"Why is that? What Neelam means?" She asked.

He took out a stone out of his pocket, handed to her, "A very sturdy gem, that has my favourite shade of color."

She saw it with awe.. "Is is expensive?" Her hands trembles a bit, afraid she would break them.

"Not sure.. But my mother might be going crazy searching for this.." He laughed.

She was supposed to be shock but she don't why but she finds it funny. "Then why are you naming me after this gem?"

His smile widen, " My mom brought it saying it may bring luck and get rid of her sad and loneliness.. Whenever I am with I don't feel sad nor lonely.. That's why you're my Neelam, this gem didn't work at all for me but you did. "

Her name was his first gift from him.

Then one day he just disappeared from the mansion, she heard the rumours someone took him with them for good, although she might really miss him, she wished all the best and luck to him in her heart..

After years..

She met him again, she didn't have a guts to go to him claim herself to be his friend from the past.. What if he had forgotten her?

The she saw him coming running after her, "Neelam?" His huskily voice made something inside her stomach flutter.

Why she feels breathlessness even he was the the one who ran?

"Yes?"

"Good to see you back." Even after several years since that day, his captivating bright smile is still clear in her mind.

Her hold on her rudramala tighten, Raghu..

You're watching over me right? I know, you will always.. Always do..

Not so far nor near.. Raghu stood saw her looking anxious, and become worried.

To be continued...

Please let me know what you think of this chapter, I have been busy. sorry for the late update. Tq.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6.7K 20
How far can love take someone, how better love can make someone...
76.3K 3.4K 14
What if Arnav realizes that Khushi is innocent on the day of Holi after their Contract marriage. What will Arnav do to protect Anjali and Khushi? How...
151K 5.6K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...
369K 14.9K 34
Never in a million years would I have thought that that would be our last conversation before my perfectly planned life would fall apart... Let me kn...