๐…๐ข๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ

By authormahek

" ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๐ข ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ข๐๏ฟฝ... More

character aesthetics, copyright & note
Prologue
1 : warm brown eyes
2 : captivating amber eyes
3 : get on your knees
4 : incredibly smooth lips
5 : she drives me crazy
6 : teasing each other while cooking
7 : jealousy is in the air
8 : my wife
9 : already fallen
10 : to love and protect her
11 : this couldn't get any more perfect
12 : i can't bear the distance
13 : high on her
14 : utterly addicted to you
15 : chasing the bitch
16 : love at first sight
17 : possessive much
18 : where is she?
20 : i'm sorry
21 : if its end of her, its end of me
22 : focus on being close to me
23 : listening to your heartbeat
24 : nightmare turning into reality
New book
25 : with you, by my side
- ๐–ค bonus chp - 1
- ๐–ค bonus chp - 2
- ๐–ค Final bonus chp

19 : i don't deserve him

7.1K 818 160
By authormahek

— A y e z a h ' s P O V 𖤐 :

Fear. I've always despised that word with all my heart. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I'm tough, fear always manages to get the best of me. It's like this relentless monster that lurks within, ready to pounce at any moment.

I wish this night never fucking happened. I wish I had never crossed paths with Rose. If only I could rewind time and erase this night from its existence, I would do it in a beat.

But it's done. There's no going back, no undoing what's been done.

The fear has consumed me, it's taken hold of me, squeezing the life out of my spirit, numbing my senses and driving me to the brink of madness.

The fear ruined my childhood and now it's determined to seep into my present and future as well, tainting every step I take. It's like a relentless beast that won't rest until it's devoured every ounce of my happiness.

The fear of fire, messed up my childhood. It was like this dark cloud that hung over my younger self, leaving me with memories that still give me chills.

And now, here comes this new fear, threatening to wreck everything.

It's the fear of losing him, the person who means the world and beyond to me.

" Killer. you're nothing but a heartless killer. What do you think will happen when your beloved husband discovers your dark secret? He'll want nothing to do with you and leave you."

Rose's words echo in my mind like a broken record. I find myself walking aimlessly, rain pouring down on me, and thunder rumbling in the distance.

The world around me blurs, making it hard to focus on anything—the honking of vehicles, the crashing thunder, and the glaring headlights.

I don't even remember how I ended up leaving the party. I'm lost, unsure of what to do next.

" Killer, you're a murdered and a home wrecker. Rahil will abandon you."

No. I'm not a killer or a home wrecker. I'm not.

Rahil won't abandon me or leave me, right? He trusts me. He loves me.....doesn't he?

" even if he doesn't leave you! I'll make sure I snatch him away from you 'cause you don't deserve to be with him. After all, you're a home wrecker, a bloody murderer. I'll end Rahil so he can be free from your grip, even if it means I become a killer myself. I'll seriously do it. Either you disappear or he leaves you. If not, then I sure as hell kill him." 

I nearly strangled the fuck out of her for even daring to think of hurting my Rahil. what the fuck does she think of herself?

If it wasn't for her maniacal laughter, I wouldn't have snapped out and released her, and would sure as hell choke her to death.

And would actually end up becoming a killer.

Rose is a psycho, no doubt about it. I just met her tonight, but the madness in her eyes and the way she spoke, tells me she's a psycho.

It's not like I didn't argue or fight with her. I did. I fought tooth and nail with her.

And no matter how hard I try to protect Rahil, I can't compete with a mentally ill psycho. You never know when they'll snap.

why? why did this mess have to happen with me? Haven't I gone through enough already? Why me? I thought I could finally be happy.

" Stay away from Rahil! Get out of his life, or else I'll definitely end him. I'll do whatever it takes to separate you from your happiness, just like you did with mine."

Her words keep going on and on. The rain pours so hard that the droplets start stinging. I clutch my head and squeeze my eyes shut.

STOP, PLEASE. STOP THIS. Let this be a nightmare and let me wake up in Rahil's arms. PLEASE.

Just as I open my eyes, I see a flash of a vehicle. I'm too numb to move, my limbs are locked.

Move Ayezah. Move.

I cannot. I'm not able to.

Am I going to die? Maybe if I die then Rose will be satisfied and leave Rahil alone.

A hand grabs my elbow and yanks me with great force. I stumble into that person, almost knocking us both to the ground.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Why the actual hell are you doing here?" Laila's voice pierces through the rain, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I gasp for air, my heart pounding in my chest. The rain continues to drench us both as Laila grips my shoulders tightly.

"Have you lost your mind, Ayezah? Why on earth are you walking on this busy road like it's a damn park, and in this fucking rain? What the hell are you even thinking—"

Before she can continue, I interrupt her.

"Can you please take me to your home?" my voice barely audible and my gaze fixed on the ground.

What's wrong with me? Was I really willing to give up on my life just now like some weak pathetic coward?

Laila's eyes search mine as she makes me look up at her.

"What's wrong?" she asks, concern etched on her face.

"Please, just take me to your home, and I'll explain everything, I promise." I plead, my chin quivering, tears threatening to spill.

"Okay, okay, just breathe," she reassures me, pulling me into a tight hug. I cling to her, my arms wrapped around her, as tears mingle with the rain, streaming down my cheeks. "I'll call a cab, alright?" she says, gently breaking the hug.

— ★

"Whoa! I can't fucking believe this shit! Are you fucking serious right now?" Laila snarls, her voice filled with disbelief.

I told her everything.

After we arrived at her place, she gave me some time to freshen up and lent me her clothes.

I showered and changed. Throughout the shower, I couldn't keep the thoughts away of whatever happened tonight.

The worst part about me, the part that drives me insane, is being an overthinker. I'm a master at it. I can't seem to control this never-ending thought train, no matter how hard I try.

So I knew I have to share it with Laila before my mind explodes.

Once we're both in fresh clothes, we settled in her living room. She prepared a steaming cup of coffee for me, but I can barely take a sip before abandoning it on the coffee table.

Laila's face contorts with anger, " No but I seriously can't believe this shit! That bitch has fucking manipulated you so well! "

"At first, I couldn't believe her either, but when I saw the picture, everything became clear." I say.

" It's not your fault, Ayezah. Nothing is. She's a fucking psycho for fuck sake."

I nod, tears welling up in my eyes.

"I know I'm not a killer. But she'll hurt Rahil if I don't leave him. She made it clear that she will and she looked dead serious about it. But I can't leave him, Laila. I just can't. I won't be able to survive without him. I fucking won't. And I would rather take my own life than even think about any harm coming his way, leave alone because of me. What do I do?" vulnerability was evident in my voice.

Laila's expression softens as she looks at me.

" You don't have to Ayezi. Why would you leave your husband for some psycho bitch? "

" And are you really scared of that little psycho shit? I can't believe you, Ayezah. Where's my friend who was all confident and badass?" she questions, her voice tinged with disappointment.

"It's not about being scared of her laila. It's about challenging a psychopath. I can't risk it. and surely not when it comes to Rahil. " I hiss, frustration seeping through my words.

"I'll do anything it takes to protect Rahil. Literally anything. Even if it means cowering away like some fucking weakling." I gritted out.

"Fine then, how about I take care of this bitch myself?" she suggests, her tone turning murderous.

"No, no, Laila! You can't get involved in all this!"

"I can't risk your life, no way." 

Laila let out a heavy sigh, her shoulders slumping.

" I knew it was some bitch." She muttered under her breath, causing a frown to crease my brow.

"What do you mean you knew?" I asked.

Laila blinks, caught off guard.

"Ah, I mean... ah, nothing," she stammered nervously, her attempt at deception clear as day.

"Okay, I know you're hiding something from me. Tell me!" I gave her a firm look.

Laila hesitated for a moment, then reluctantly complied. "It's really nothing—" I shot her a hard glare, cutting off her dismissive statement.

I had been suspicious of her ever since she arrived with Adam, today evening.

"Okay, so it's like I kind of followed the person in the red hoodie, who turned out to be that stupid Rose, because I knew she was stalking you," Laila confessed, her words sending a shock through me.

She continued to tell me about what happened with her and Adam the previous night, how they followed my stalker who happened to be Rose as she admitted it to me herself and I told that to Laila.

And then the shit went really down when Adam got stabbed by some man, who no doubt had to be someone Rose sent to deceive them.

My heart sank, and tears streamed down my face as I realized the danger they had willingly put themselves in, for my sake.

I immediately pulled Laila into a tight embrace, my tears flowing uncontrollably.

"I'm so sorry..Laila," I managed to say between hiccups.

"Heyy, no, please. It's not your fault. I didn't tell you this because I knew you would blame yourself." She gently pulled back from the hug, wiping away the tears with her palms, that stained my cheeks.

"You are not to be blamed okay? I made the choice to go there on my own, Ayezi."

"But why would you risk your life for me, you idiot." I ask between my sniffles

"Why not? I would do it again in a heartbeat. You are my only family, Ayezi,"

" Remember when I first arrived in Australia? I was so lost and broken. I found solace in your friendship, you made me happy, Ayezi. "

" when I had lost every hope, you were there. You became my family when no one else was. So, of course, I would stand by your side, always." she concluded.

I threw my arms around her once again, overwhelmed by all the emotions, and buried my face in her neck.

"I love you, Laila," I whispered against her neck.

"You are truly one of the greatest friends one could ever have. I will forever be grateful to have you by my side."

If it wasn't for her, I couldn't imagine how I would have managed or how much of a mess I would be.

"I love you more, and I'm grateful as well." She tighten her arms around me.

" ehhh—Now, let's not get too emotional, okay?" She gently pulled back, and I noticed tiny beads of tears glistening in her eyes.

My lips curled upwards little, as I nodded.

Laila's phone rang, and she grabbed the device from the coffee table.

My heart began to race, pounding against my chest, as I read Rahil's name flashing on the screen. A gulp escaped my throat, and Laila looked at me, her eyes silently questioning what to do next.

"Don't pick it up," I blurted out.

"But he must be worried. You just left without saying anything."

She was right. Rahil must be worried sick. I was so lost in my thoughts, I hadn't even considered how my sudden disappearance would affect him.

My phone remained in my clutch, and I was too consumed by my swirling emotions to even bother checking it.

Just as I was about to say something more, the ringing abruptly stopped, and a wave of relief washed over me. But, within seconds, the phone began to ring again.

"We can't let him worry, Ayezi. He genuinely gets worried sick about you. I'm picking up the call," Laila declared.

My hesitation lingered, and I swallowed hard, knowing that she was right. "But..." I began, my voice trailing off.

"Don't worry, I've got this." she answered the call and put it on speaker, allowing Rahil's voice to fill the room.

"Heyy Laila, is Ayezah with you?" Rahil's panicked voice pierced through the air, tugging at my heartstrings. In that moment, I felt a wave of guilt wash over me, realizing how much I had made him worry. I felt like a bitch for doing so.

Laila smoothly handled the situation, while I remained silent, my ears tuned in to Rahil's soothing voice.

But then, his desperate plea broke through, "Can I talk to her? Could you pass the phone to her?" His words filled with desperation, caused a lump to form in my throat.

I knew that if I spoke to him, I would definitely and completely break down.

Laila glanced at me, and I shook my head. Understanding the turmoil within me, she nodded.

"Oh, she's in the washroom at the moment. She'll give you a call once her phone is charged... Alright, Rahil jij, I need to get some rest. I'm really tired. You should head home too and drive safely, okay?" She abruptly ended the call.

"I feel guilty and bad for doing this to him. I'm such a worst person, right?" my voice trembled badly, as I fought back tears.

Laila's hands gently enveloped mine.

" No you are not. It's okay, Ayezi. Everything will be fine," she assured me.

I cried, clutching onto Laila's hand.

I hate myself for doing this to Rahil. I hate this fucking pathetic and helpless feeling.

                                    — ★

Later that night Laila received a call from Adam. He wanted to know if she was alright or if he should rush to her side right away, the panic and worry was evident in his voice.

Laila, assured him that she was fine and told him not to come because of the horrible weather. He insisted that he wants to see her and was ready to drive here but Laila refused immediately.

To put Adam's worries to rest and assure him, she decided to video call him. They had a lovely conversation and I went all aww about how much Adam loves and cares about Laila, they both are so sweet, literally.

I couldn't help but playfully tease Laila with mischievous looks, and the way she blushed confirmed my doubts that she loves Adam.

Because best friend isn't someone who blushes so easily.

Seeing their love and affection for each other made my heart swell with happiness for her.

However, I felt a pang of sadness hit me when the thought of certain someone crossed my mind. 

                                 — ★

I didn't sleep the whole night. Laila was right by my side, knowing that I wouldn't be able to sleep and would overthink myself to death.

She stayed awake for me, skillfully distracting me by sharing stories about random things, like how she and Adam got together. I have to say, I'm one hell of a lucky person to have someone as caring as her.

As the morning slowly arrived, I could see that Laila was struggling to stay awake. I felt a pang of guilt for keeping her up, so I insisted that she go to sleep and promised to rest as well.

Of course, sleep eluded me and it was nearly impossible to sleep without being entangled in Rahil's arms.

However, I managed to take a short nap, exhausted from the events of the previous night, but soon restlessness overcame me. That's when I thought of heading to the ice rink, as it always helps me think better.

I rummaged through Laila's wardrobe, finding some clothes to wear. Putting them on, I left for the ice rink in the early morning.

The crisp air greeted me as I arrived, and the sound of my skates gliding across the ice filled the silence. I skated and skated, losing track of time until it was almost 10:30 in the morning.

Despite the physical exertion, my mind remained clouded with thoughts. With a sigh, I made my way back to Laila's apartment.

When I returned, Laila was still asleep. I decided to shower and change into some comfortable, loose-fitting long-sleeved t-shirt and pants and made my way to the kitchen to cook breakfast for both of us.

I had planned to skip the work today, and it seemed like Laila had the same idea. Anyways I'm the boss, so she can take the leave without any worries.

After preparing a simple breakfast, I managed to eat a few bites. However, my appetite quickly vanished the moment I switched on my phone and saw Rahil's countless missed calls and texts. My heart sank once again as I read his messages right from my lock screen.

There were numerous texts from Rahil, asking where I was. Then it went to why I hadn't been in touch with him. He even mentioned my phone's battery, suggesting he would buy me a new one with a better capacity. Scrolling down, I found more messages that tugged at my heart.

Rahil : Are you already asleep? Did you have dinner? You better not skip your meals.

Rahil : You said you loved the pasta made by me. If you were here, I would have cooked it for you. But it's okay I'll make it for you tomorrow.

Rahil : I really wanna talk to you. Please reply, I miss you so much :(

Rahil : Its so uncomfortable to sleep without you. I miss you.

Rahil : okay, I know I'm acting like some clingy jerk, but hey, at least text me back. Just one text to let me know you're alright. Please?

My chin wobbled with a mix of emotions as I read his messages.

Rahil : I have this sudden urge to kiss you and hug you, it's impossible to sleep without cuddling you, really...I just miss you so fucking much.

Rahil : I guess you are asleep. Its okay. I hope Laila's fine. Good night zah <3 I really, really, miss you, man. Rest well, okay? You must be tired from the party.

Zah! That's the nickname he gave me, and it never fails to make my heart flutter. He even calls me his tigress, but little does he know that I'm nothing near to a fierce tigress.

I'm a fucking pathetic, stupid coward who tries to put on a strong facade.

There are few more new texts which are sent just an hour ago.

Rahil : Good morning, babie! Are you awake? Did you sleep well? How's Laila doing? Are you guys heading to work today?

Rahil : Don't tell me your phone still isn't charged? If that's the case, then it's high time that you buy a new one, actually no, I'll buy you a new one.

Rahil : what's wrong? Why aren't you answering any texts or calls?

Rahil : Are you ignoring me? why? I miss you. Please reply.

The whole day goes by and he keeps texting and calling me. I ignore him, completely acting like a bitch because I don't know what to talk him or where to even begin with.

Rahil : so you still ghosting me huh? It's fine. I'll make sure you make it up to me in not so appropriate way. *smirk emoji*

Rahil : ugh I miss you.

Rahil : okay, I know Laila is your bestfriend and all, but hey, I'm your husband. You can't just completely avoid me like this. I'm seriously hurt and offended now.

I chuckle slightly, tears welling up in my eyes.

Rahil : you are coming back in evening right? I can't wait for the evening to arrive. I just miss you so much that I actually can't wait anymore to hug you tightly, shower kisses all over your face and just nuzzle my nose into your hair and keep inhaling your addictive flowery scent until I get my fill because again I fucking missed you like crazy and I'm still missing you like crazy.

Me too Rahil. Me too. I fucking miss you like crazy as well. I miss you so much.

— ★

It's almost evening now, whole day I locked myself in Laila's room, reading Rahil's texts from my lock Screen.

He constantly texted me and I have been glued to my phone, all day.

I have figured out that I'll ask Addin's help for all this messed up situation, my cousin is the best option.

I couldn't risk telling Rahil everything. what if he leaves me after knowing the truth? no he won't, right? Still, I can't help but feel a bit anxious about this whole situation. I think I need some more time away from him so I can think about all this—

My phone screen lit up.

Rahil : Should I pick you up from Laila's place?

After few seconds there is one more text.

Rahil : I guess you are coming on your own? Drive safe, okay?

Then there's silence for straight half an hour, before my phone buzzes with another text.

Rahil : why aren't you home yet?

Because I'm a fucking coward.

Tears sting my eyes.

what is wrong with me? what am I even doing? why am I making him wait like this? who gave me the right to?

Rose was right, I don't deserve him.

— ★

Later that evening, the thought of stepping out the room and lending a helping hand to Laila with dinner crossed my mind.

She had given me the space I needed throughout the day, understanding how much I like my alone time, when I had things to sort out.

Just as I was about to make my way out of the room, a sudden commotion erupted outside.

"Rahil jij?" Laila's voiced reached my ears, causing my heart to slam against my ribcage harshly.

Freezing, my hand remains in mid-air, gripping the doorknob.

"Where's Ayezah?" His deep, resonant voice, intensified the rapid beats of my heart. And just like that I'm not ready to face him.

I knew I would do something foolish and maybe somehow end up potentially hurting him.

________________________________
Thanks for reading <3 please don't forget to vote, comment your reviews and do share my book with your reader friends. I love you all 🫶🏻

I'm trying my best to give y'all daily updates, but y'all can't even drop a comment? c'mon it takes so much hardwork in writing chps daily, you guys should atleast comment and vote right? I won't be posting any further updates till the target is completed.

Target : 450 votes and 150 comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 148 10
"What the hell are you so scared of, Ishita? Why can't you love me back?" His voice boomed in the room with an echo. "I'm afraid of falling in love w...
161K 6.3K 48
It's a love and forced marriage story of an arrogant young man and a cute dreamworld mesmerised girl.He married her forcefully,... Will they fall in...
39.7K 1.5K 45
"๐’๐ก๐ก๐ก....๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ญ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž. ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ข๐ญ, ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ." * He...
6.8K 536 19
โ„ค๐•’๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐”ธ๐•๐•š ๐•จ๐•™๐•  ๐•”๐•’๐•Ÿ ๐•˜๐•–๐•ฅ ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ช ๐•จ๐• ๐•ž๐•–๐•Ÿ , ๐•—๐•–๐•๐• ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•๐• ๐•ง๐•– ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•™๐•š๐•ค ๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•– ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•๐•ช ๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ž๐•š๐•–'๐•ค ๐•ค๐•š๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ "๏ฟฝ...