๐„๐ฑ-๐ฐ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐•๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž๐š...

By lilith_fanfic_3012

In this gripping tale, our fierce protagonist, named ๐Š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ง ๐˜๐ง, finds herself stripped of everythin... More

๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ~ 1
CHAPTER ~ 2
CHAPTER ~ 3
CHAPTER ~ 4
CHAPTER ~ 5 ใ€ŠTeaserใ€‹
CHAPTER ~ 5
CHAPTER ~ 6 ใ€ŠTeaserใ€‹
CHAPTER ~ 6
CHAPTER ~ 8 ใ€ŠTeaserใ€‹
CHAPTER ~ 8
CHAPTER ~ 9
CHAPTER ~ 10
CHAPTER ~ 11
CHAPTER ~ 12
CHAPTER ~ 13
CHAPTER ~ 14
CHAPTER ~ 15
CHAPTER ~ 16
CHAPTER ~ 17

CHAPTER ~ 7

471 29 12
By lilith_fanfic_3012

In the competition's heat, CEOs gather 'round,
Chui Ming faces a challenge, fear abound.

Vixen Lasor Security, bold and new,
Threatens King Kong's status, too.

Jungkook's creation stirs unease,
Whispers of his past, ties to tease.

Jackson's presence links to the fray,
In the shifting alliances, they play.

Rivalries tangled, in code they fight,
Against Super Tech's formidable might.

Jackson and Jungkook, facing the fight,
Struggle against the darkening night.

Doubts creep in, desperation's call,
Super Tech's prowess threatens to maul.

Yet amidst the storm, hope still gleams,
Facing the challenge, not just dreams.

Yn emerges, a shadow anew,
Her skills a testament, daring to pursue.

Against Chui Ming's scorn, she stands tall,
Ready to dare, ready to enthral.

Her war declaration sends ripples wide,
By Jungkook's side, she'll ride the tide.

As she chips away, keystroke by keystroke,
The crowd holds breath, shadows revoke.

In aftermath's glow, amid the cheers,
Yn's triumph echoes through the years.

Resilience, redemption, battles won,
In her victory, a tale spun.

As dust settles, cheers fade away,
Taehyung ponders on Yn's display.

In the labyrinth of code, secrets unfold,
In the dance of hackers, stories untold.
________________________________

_________________________________

AT THE COMPETITION VENUE

The competition was going on smoothly. All the CEOs and representatives from the participating companies were there.

An area was sequestered for the VIPs and VVIPs who would occasionally glance towards the competition floor to check out the situation.

Right opposite the VIP area was a giant TV screen for everyone.

On it were names of the different security software and the respective tie taken by different hackers to hack through them. The very last column showed each of the software's time average.

The longer the time average, the better the software because it meant that the hackers needed more time to get through its defense.

By now, most of software produced by small companies had been eliminated. This happened every year, the first to go were sacrifices from these modest companies.

As country's most famous security software, everyone expected Chui Corps' product to survive until the end.

Chui Ming was beaming with confidence.

After all, it had been 30 minutes since the competition started. His product was still undefeated. All the other software had been hacked at least once... with the exception of one!

"CEO Chui, don't you think there are many hidden experts among this year's participating companies? The obvious increase in technology aside, look at that 'Vixen Lasor Security', it still hasn't been hacked yet, it could rival your King Kong Internet Security.

Furthermore, I heard that this software was a creation from a brand new company. Maybe it is time for us old geezers to retire from this computer scene and hand it over to the youngster."

(In this context, "geezer" is used to refer to experienced individuals in the computer or technology industry who might be considered older or more established.)

A senior CEO who sat beside Chui Ming sighed pointedly. His hidden message was that a new and unknown company could have your supposedly established software beat.

King Kong Internet Security had been dominating the sales chart for so long, so every single one of Chui Ming's competitors would love to sneak in a snide comment whenever the chance presented itself.

Chui Ming himself had noticed this 'Vixen lasor Security '. For some reasons, he had a feeling it had something to do with Jungkook.

Chui Ming scanned the crowd down there in arena and his gaze eventually fell on Jungkook who was in the middle of the competition. His gaze turned sharp and frigid.

"CEO Wang, while it is true that our juniors are quite talented, it doesn't mean that our established position can be so easily toppled. You might fear them but we, at Chui Corps, don't mind them one bit," Chui Ming offered as a retort.

CEO Wang took the verbal hit like a champ and said, "Does this mean CEO Chui has absolute certainty that his product is unbeatable?"

Chui Ming's overbearing pride was a known fact within the community, plus he was truly confident with his own product. Chui Ming knew CEO Wang was being facetious but he still answered arrogantly, "Of course!"

("Facetious" means joking or treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor.)

"Then, I would like to first congratulate CEO Chui. After CEO Chui wins the first prize, remember to treat the rest of us to a meal," CEO Wang said candidly.

"What meal?" The few other CEO who overheard their conversation asked curiously.

CEO Wang turned to explain. Of course, he didn't forget to sneak in a few compliments about King Kong Internet Security.

The other CEOs were internally envious of Chui Ming but they too chimed in with the praises. It was as if Chui Corps had already won the competition.

Chui Ming took the compliments to heart. After all, he wouldn't settle for anything less than first place!

But... the software called 'Vixen lasor Security' did plant a single seed of unease in his heart.

Chui Ming turned to whisper to his assistant, "Bring me the information on all the participating companies."

"Yes, sir." After some time, the assistant passed him a set of documents. Chui Ming flipped through it quickly to locate the page on 'Vixen lasor Security'.

Like what CEO Wang said, it was by a newly registered company, so new that it had been in existence for less than a week! Its legal representative was...

Chui Ming's hands that held the document were shaking, he had half a mind to tear the document apart.

The name was Jeon Jungkook!

This software had something to do with him!

Chui Ming's eyes sought out Jungkook among the crowded room. His world was upended (overturned or reversed, typically in a dramatic or unexpected way).

He was certain Jeon Jungkook could no longer create any good software much less one that could rival his own King Kong Internet Security.

But now.....reality has proven otherwise.

No other software should manage to hold out this long other than his own King Kong Internet Security.

If Vixen lasor Security was written by Jeon Jungkook alone, then this guy was a Internet monster. Chui Ming felt rage and envy bubbled up within him.

Jeon Jungkook couldn't be allowed to live!

Vixen lasor Security will never beat King Kong Internet Security!

Chui Ming gave an evil smirk and told his assistant, "Get Super Tech out there..." There was a switch of players within the competition area.

A 185 centimeters-tall man with perfect physique, dressed in a black tracksuit and a black cap entered the competition space. His entrance didn't attract much attention but those that did notice him felt he was no ordinary hacker.

"That's the hacker specially hired by Chui Corps," Richard who sat beside Taehyung said in way of explanation, "Looks like Chui Ming is getting angsty from the pressure caused by this Vixen lasor Security. Interestingly enough, Vixen lasor Security creator had a long history with Chui Ming, one that is not particularly pretty if I may add."

Taehyung looked at him and said thoughtfully, "How so? Tell me more about it." Richard, who was very much a gossip King, scooted forward excitedly. "Have you heard of this person by the name of Jeon Jungkook?"

"I have," Taehyung answered flatly.

"Jeon Jungkook's name and fame was wiped out right as he was rising to prominence, so not all in the industry knew about him, but those that did knew of his history with Chui Ming.

Rumors said he was King Kong's Internet Security's original creator and Chui Ming forcefully stole it from him.

Even though there was no concrete proof, many chose to believe the rumors. After all, Chui Ming wasn't actually known for his moral conduct."

Richard smiled and concluded, "The legal representative for the company behind Vixen lasor Security is Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung was surprised. Richard pointed towards a man inside the competition area, adding, "That's Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung was following the direction of Richard's finger when his friend suddenly said, "Wait, isn't that kimeron Jackson beside Jeon Jungkook?"

Both Richard and Taehyung were shocked.

Jackson and Jungkook knew each other?

At this moment, Jackson and Jungkook were sweating bullets. Jackson whispered to Jungkook when he saw the hacker by the name of Super Tech walked in, "Brother Jungkook, that person is from Chui Corps. The moment he sat down, he came down hard on our software's defense. What should we do? He doesn't seem like a simple character."

Transparency of the competition meant that everyone could see the software each hacker was challenging.

Chui Corps suddenly changed their representative and the moment Super Tech guy entered the ring, he directly targeted Vixen lasor Security.

If Vixen lasor Security was hacked, they would lose this competition!

They couldn't allow that to happen because they wouldn't be able to defeat Chui Corps then.

A worried Jungkook replied, "Let's wait and see. Miss Yn's software is not so easily hacked."

"Okay. We should try our best to break through Chui Corps' software in the meantime."

"Yes!"

The two quickly returned to the battlefield. They had been focusing solely on Chui Corps' King Kong Internet Security since the very beginning but even after so long, there hadn't been much progress.

Looked like Chui Corps came prepared this year.

Jackson was still new at this. Even after so long, he only managed to break down King Kong Internet Security's first line of defense.

In comparison, Super Tech guy used only several minutes to hack through Vixen lasor Security first wall of defense!

Jackson was worried sick. "What to do? Our opponent is truly a capable expert. If only my sister is here, we would have won a long time ago!"

Jungkook thought the same. If she was here, the competition would have ended with them being the winner already.

Yn was detained at the police station but since they couldn't save her, persisting with their best was the only thing they could do.

Initially, they believed there was a chance at victory. However, after Super Tech entered the stage, that chance was blown out like a candle in the wind.

Without a doubt, Jackson and he were no match for Super Tech.

Even though Jungkook was talented at writing programs but he was practically a newbie when it came to hacking. He was only slightly better than Jackson.

While Super Tech was miles above them. No, Super Tech was miles above every single hacker in the competition.

Soon or later, he was bound to take down Vixen lasor Security!

After another 10 minutes, Super Tech successfully broke through Vixen lasor Security's second line of defense.

It wouldn't be long until he hacked through the rest!

"How is he so good at this?" Jackson fidgeted in distress, grumbling, "This is created by my sister, could it be that he's better than my sister?"

"I have no clue..." Jungkook replied in a voice that was laced with worry.

On the other hand, Super Tech was beaming with excitement!

This was interesting, way too interesting!

His eyes glowed passionately as his fingers flew over the keyboard. Those who were familiar with him would know he was in a state of euphoria. He hadn't been so thrilled in such a long time.

Because there hadn't been a software that could pique his interest in a long time.

The defense capability of this Vixen Lasor Security was well beyond his expectation. He thought he will only need 10 minutes to completely hack through its whole system.

Who knew the first line of defense alone took him about several minutes, and the second wall of defense about more than 10 minutes.

He could count on his fingers the number of software packages that required him this long to hack through.

He didn't expect to find such a master programmer in a small city like this. His excitement grew when he started working on the third line of defense.

This third barrier was stronger than the two preceding (coming before or earlier in time or order) it.

The harder the challenge, the more eager ST (Super Tech) was. There was nothing in the world he loved more than a good challenge. By now, he held the whole venue's attention, they were curious to see how long he would take to hack through Vixen lasor Security.

Jackson hoped vehemently (with intense passion or forcefulness) that he would take... ten thousand years!

Being shown the stark difference in ability, Jackson had lost his will of combat (Fighting, warfare). However, he knew they couldn't lose, they mustn't lose!

"We can't let this go on anymore; I'm going to grab my sister! Even if I have to bust her out of jail, I will do it!" Jackson said through gritted teeth.

As he stood up from his seat, Jungkook pulled him back down. "Jackson, wait!"

"We can't wait anymore, we're losing badly here!" Jackson retorted anxiously.

Internally, Jungkook was equally troubled but he tried his best to console Jackson, "This is not the end, our loss is not a certainty..."

"Brother Jungkook, it's time to stop kidding ourselves." It was obvious that they were on the losing side. ST was making short work of them.

The moment Vixen lasor Security was taken down, their fate would be sealed. No, their fate was sealed the moment ST sat down.

Even if Jackson rushed to the police station then it was already too late. It was only a matter of time until they lost.

That was unless Yn suddenly appeared...

But how was that possible?

Chui Ming would make it certain that his sister was locked firmly behind the bars!

His former brother-in-law refused to help...

Jackson glared at Chui Ming who sat in the VIP area, his gaze full of hatred! It was him who ruined everything.

Jungkook similarly leveled Chui Ming an intense glare.

If possible, he would sacrifice his life to win this competition. He would sacrifice anything and everything for Yn to make a sudden appearance.

Alas, he knew that was impossible.

Why was lord krishna being so cruel towards them?

They had the competition in their grasp, why would such a capable person work for Chui Ming to ruin their hope and dream?

Was it true that nice guys finish last? The world was that unfair?

Jungkook almost bit through his lips lamenting their regrettable fate. But that was before he remembered some golden words.

"Uddhared ātmanātmānam,
nātmānam avasādayet,
ātmaiva hyātmano bandhur,
ātmaiva ripur ātmanah."

Translation: "Let a person uplift oneself by oneself; let him not degrade oneself. The self is indeed the friend of oneself, and the self is also the enemy of oneself."

This verse encourages self-reliance and self-empowerment. It reminds Jungkook that he has the power within himself to overcome challenges and pursue his goals. By understanding and mastering his own mind and actions, he can uplift himself and achieve success, regardless of external circumstances or obstacles.

_________________________________

The more saddened Jungkook was, the happier Chui Ming became. He had been taking in Jungkook's and Jackson's reactions. He laughed delightfully watching their mounting despair.

CEO Wang who sat beside him of course understood why he was laughing. He congratulated disingenuously, "CEO Chui, looks like you're going to have to treat the rest of us to a meal after all."

"Oh, it's still too early to tell who might nab first place," Chui Ming replied with a humble smile.

CEO Wang chuckled amiably (in a friendly and pleasant manner), "Even the blind could see who will be the crowned winner. Who could rival the impressive hacker that CEO Chui hired?"

"You know what... Of course, you're right. No one can ever stand in my way!" Chui Ming laughed arrogantly, all semblance of humility gone.

("Semblance" refers to the outward appearance or outward aspect of something, often suggesting a misleading appearance of something that may not accurately represent its true nature.)

CEO Wang was speechless. But what else could he do, the moment Chui Corps' King Kong Internet Security hit the market, it swept all the sales chart. After these past few years of upgrades, it was practically invincible.

He hoped for someone to bring Chui Corps down a peg but it was in the end, wishful thinking.

He thought this Vixen lasor Security could finally do King Kong Internet Security in but it looked like it was not meant to be.

Everyone present, Jackson and Jungkook included, could see the competition was Chui Corps'.

However, Jackson after hearing Jungkook's golden word refused to give in. He knew it was impossible but he just couldn't sit there idly waiting for their defeat.

"Brother Jungkook, I'm going to get my sister. Please don't stop me!" He stood up suddenly and rushed towards the entrance.

But right at that moment, the door was pushed open from the outside. Jackson stared disbelievingly at the person that soon walked through it. He was shell-shocked.

Was he dreaming?

Why would his sister be there?

Wasn't she detained at the precinct...

Jackson rubbed his eyes and confirmed the slender figure at the door was his sister, kimeron Yn. After leaving the police station, she rushed to the venue as fast as possible with Chang An.

She scanned the giant TV Screen and sighed in relief when she noticed Vixen lasor Security still hadn't been broken through. Good, there was still time.

"Sis?" Jackson hurled himself at her excitedly, adding, "Sis, is this really you? How can you be here? I saw you being taken away with my own two eyes."

"Miss Yn..." Jungkook too sprung up from his seat. He himself didn't even realize his hands were shaking from excitement.

"Thank you my best friend." He said to lord krishna. He didn't lied. You're what you think. You face what you thought and did. And he just visualized winning this warfare with Yn back.

The rest of the room was astonished. When Chui Ming saw Yn, his face fell!

Didn't he have his men bring Yn to the police station?

How did she get out and what was she doing there?

Why would she come at hacker competition?

Taehyung stared at her thoroughly. He too was wondering the same thing. The question on practically everyone's mind was what was a woman doing there?

All the hackers present that day were male. It was not that there weren't female hackers but they were far and few in between.

This year's Hacker Competition happened to have no female hackers who registered so when a woman appeared at the venue, no one expected her to be one.

Only ST looked at Yn strangely, like he could smell the similarities between them. Could she be the programmer behind Vixen lasor Security?

ST's eyes shone enthusiastically thinking about this possibility...

"We can talk about that later, quick, tell me what's the current situation," Yn brushed off Jackson's enquiries and strode confidently towards the competition area.

"Sis, over here, come take my seat," he fell into her beat instantly and led her towards his spot. He then quickly brought Yn up to speed.

Competition Arena

"Sis, our software is still holding up but that hacker, ST has taken two of our defenses down. Brother Jungkook and I on the other hand only manage to wear out the first layer of King Kong Internet Security's defenses."

Jackson pointed at the man wearing a black cap across the room. Yn looked down that direction and she found herself meeting ST's dark eyes.

The contact was brief but a challenge had been sent and accepted. The competition had gotten personal now.

"How long did he take?" Yn asked easily. Jackson sighed before he came out with the answer, "Less than 20 minutes in total."

"Not bad, he's quite a talent," Yn commented objectively. If he only used 20 minutes to take down Vixen lasor Security's first two walls of defense, he is indeed praiseworthy. However, this bit of prowess was still child's play in Yn's eyes!

Jackson was confused. He asked worriedly, "Sis, you also think that he's good?" Yn nodded, "He is very good." Jackson was worried, "Then, what should we do? He's starting on our third layer of defense!"

They would lose if ST hacked through this last wall of defense. But Yn was unbothered. This third layer was not so easily breached. She still had time, plenty of time in fact.

"Miss Yn, please start working soon," Jungkook pressed. He was worried they wouldn't be able to catch up.

"There's no need to rush," Yn commented as she looked towards the VIP area. Chui Ming felt chilled as Yn's icy gaze swept over him.

For some reason, he felt Yn's sudden appearance was an omen of worse things to come. The feeling only got stronger when their eyes met, and the next second he saw Yn pointing her finger at him...

Yn's regal (Majestic authority) presence swept the entire room. She stared pointedly at Chui Ming who was at the end of her finger. She held the room's rapt (enthralled) attention.

They wondered what Yn was up to. Whatever it was, they knew one thing for sure that this lady wasn't there to make friends.

They were right that Yn came bearing hostility but her only target was Chui Ming!

"Chui Ming!" Yn enunciated word by word, "You've used all sorts of despicable ways meaning to pin me down but unfortunately for you today; I, kimeron Yn, am still standing! Foolish of you to think you can kill me in jail!

So, I want you to listen closely, because from this moment onwards, it is officially a war between our two parties. I will show the world why they say the evil always end badly! Do reverse counting because countdown to your destruction starts right here, right now."

After that, Yn ignored the looks the room tossed her and started working on the computer. People wished they were as calm as her.

The things Yn said and did sent massive ripples across the room! Just what was happening?

The fact that a woman who pretty much dropped from the sky dared to be so disrespectful towards Chui Ming alone was difficult for them to wrap their heads around, but now she was fiddling with the computer?

Could she really be a hacker?

Was she serious about taking down Chui Corps' security software?

The idea alone was ludicrous. Chui Corps' King Kong Internet Security was practically unbeatable.

If it could be so easily done, the men at the competition would have cracked it a long time ago!

How could a woman accomplish something these men couldn't?

Then again, times had changed. Maybe a woman's detail-orientated nature was better suited for hacking. However, the key was whether she was able to do it within a short period of time!

From the looks of things, she was part of the company that wrote Vixen lasor Security.

Could she really hack past King Kong Internet Security before their own Vixen lasor Security was taken down?

Almost everyone was betting for her, but they also felt worried for her. Yn had openly crossed Chui Ming, if she failed, her ending wouldn't be pretty.

Nevertheless, the room of men had an indescribable admiration for her. Her courage for coming up against Chui Ming alone was commendable.

After all, Chui Ming wasn't in a room of allies. No one there was particularly fond of him. Therefore, many were actually glad Yn dared to declare war against Chui Ming. In fact, many silently cheered her on.

They didn't mind their own product losing to Vixen lasor Security, the important thing was having King Kong Internet Security take a hit!

CEO Wang hadn't had such an adrenaline rush in many years.

At that moment, he felt giddy with excitement. The air in the room was charged with anticipation, he couldn't wait for the competition result to be revealed.

For some reason, he had an inkling that this woman could perform a feat of miracle and beat Chui Corps. He prayed for his hunch to be correct.

CEO Wang snuck a look at Chui Ming and was taken aback by the latter's wrathful expression. He stared at Yn like a psychopath eyeing his next victim.

Without a doubt, the woman had trampled on Chui Ming's toes.

If she couldn't win this competition, then her fate... CEO Wang didn't dare to go further than that, he prayed sincerely for the woman's success. She teetered dangerously between glory and tragedy.

Richard was thinking the same thing. He frowned and commented solemnly, "Who is that woman, I feel like I've seen her before. I wonder what her beef with Chui Ming is that she dared to openly declare war against him. Didn't she know that's not a wise move, considering who she's dealing with?"

Taehyung's eyes had been glued onto Yn from the moment she made her sudden appearance. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Yn's fingers moving proficiently over the keyboard.

He wasn't at all surprised Yn openly challenged Chui Ming, but he was shocked that she knew her way around the computer!

Not only that, she was a hacker!

Taehyung found it impossible to accept that the hacker before him and his ex-wife were one and the same.

In Taehyung's pov, kimeron Yn was a woman who practically didn't know anything so why would she suddenly know how to operate the computer?

Plus, based on her technique and speed, she was very good at it. Since she dared to declare war against Chui Ming, it meant that she was confident.

Even though their Vixen lasor Security was at the brink of being broken through, she still had faith she could take down Chui Corps' security software before then.

Either she was bluffing, which was unlikely because he knew her, or she was indeed really good at her job.

The drastic transformation, pre- and post-divorce, in Yn was hard for Taehyung to stomach. However, he quickly came to terms with reality.

Tracing back the sudden changes in Yn and the series of events that had happened, Taehyung seemed to have understood something.

Before Yn married him, she was a topper of MIT and a student from the Mathematics Faculty of Academy S.

Academy S was one of the top ten schools in the world. The entrance exam was said to be extremely hard. Furthermore, the Mathematics Faculty was the department that Academy S was famous for. It had produced many famed mathematicians.

If Yn was from that faculty, it wouldn't be such a stretch to see her as a computer expert. Therefore, Taehyung concluded, she had once been very handy with the computer.

The amnesia just so happened to eclipse her talent. She must have recently recovered her memory because it was the only explanation to her sudden changes!

No wonder she could find the funds to pay kimeron Jae's operation and get all dressed up like a model to attend Zade's party...

She probably earned those funds using her extraordinary computer skills. This meant that she... is 001! She must be because the timeline lined up simply too perfectly.

She was the 001 that helped Chui Corps solve their virus issue for the huge reward. That begs another question. Whp was the person who wrote such a unbeatable virus for damaging Chui corps customer demand.

So, In fact, it might have been her who wrote the virus that targeted Chui Corps' security software in the first place...

Then it also means that it was only logical that she was the main programmer behind this Vixen lasor Security!

After smart Taehyung figured out the whole picture, for some reason, he wanted to laugh out loud.

He felt assaulted by great pleasure. This was a sensation that he hadn't experienced in a long, long time.

Like Magellan discovering the New World, he felt his blood boiling with anticipation and joy. His eyes on Yn also became unusually bright.

Richard immediately sensed the weird changes in his friend. He nudged Taehyung concernedly and whispered, "Why are you looking at the woman like a cave man?"

Taehyung refused to take his eyes of Yn even for a milli second. He replied, "What do you mean?"

The tone of his voice was still the same but it did nothing to hide the joyful undertone. Richard was spooked.

He had been friends with Taehyung for many years, this was the first and only time he saw his friend act this way especially over a woman... so intensely. Isn't he completely uninterested in women?

Taehyung hadn't once seriously laid his eyes on a woman so much so that, for a period, his friends suspected he was gay.

After he got married and had children, they finally realized, it wasn't that he wasn't into women, but there wasn't a woman in the world that was able to pique his interest.

His ex-wife didn't rouse his interest. His current fiancé Choe Elena couldn't do it either. Richard was certain no woman in this world would be able to do so.

Taehyung's standard for woman was too high, she would have to be incredibly competent and superb to attract his attention. Is there even such a woman in this world?

Alas, he felt clearly Taehyung was showing an incredible amount of interest in that woman. She... had fallen into his sight.

Richard was unable to make it to Zade's birthday party so he was unable to recognize Yn. Naturally, he couldn't understand why Taehyung was rooting for Yn even though the latter hadn't even done anything yet.

Richard looked at Yn's way. He had to admit, the woman had an attractive quality about her when she worked on the computer.

But she had a sickly pale complexion about her. Her features weren't that out of world, it was good. In other words, Yn, appearance-wise, was not that unique like a model. It was good looking.

If Taehyung wasn't attracted to the woman's physical appearance, that meant he was interested in her... talent?

Richard chuckled at the absurdity of his hypothesis. He was all the more certain Taehyung was going to die without knowing what love is.

It was not that Richard wasn't looking out for his friend but he simply couldn't imagine Taehyung suddenly gaining interest in an unknown woman.

Furthermore, Taehyung was already engaged. It would be highly inappropriate for him to show immense interest in someone other than his fiancé. However, Richard had to concede that the woman had a presence that demanded attention.

Richard asked with a hint of a smile, "Taehyung, do you think she will win? But how does Jackson know someone like her? After this, I need to pull him aside and ask."

"15 minutes," Taehyung replied apropos to nothing. Richard was confused. "What 15 minutes?" Taehyung smirked, "She will take less than 15 minutes to take down Chui Corps' whole King Kong Internet Security system."

Richard's jaw dropped. "How is that possible‽"

He tried hacking King Kong Internet Security and it took him several hours to do it. The roomful of hackers was worse than him, it had been more then half an hour but none had managed to even make a dent on King Kong Internet Security.

So how could this woman crack it in 15 minutes?

Taehyung added confidently, "If she is who I think she actually is, then that is all the time she'll need."

Richard chuckled mirthlessly, "CEO kim, you can't be fooled by her bravery, that doesn't translate into capability. Even though I also wish for her to win but she couldn't possibly do it within 15 minutes!"

"Well, care to make it interesting? Name your bet. I'm willing to bet anything."

Bet... anything?

Richard was shocked, Taehyung was that confident in this woman? Why else would he be willing to bet anything on her victory?

Richard looked once more at Yn, more seriously this time. For some reason, this time he could feel there was something extraordinary about this woman.

His inner voice told him that she would prove herself victorious and make a name for herself through this competition!

But... who was she? How come he hadn't heard of her before?

All the big-wigs in the room were equally curious about Yn's identity but they had something more immediate on their mind, which was whether she could win the competition.

The international competition had become a personal contest between Yn and ST. The other hackers had fallen into the background. All eyes were on the two of them, eager for the result.

Jackson and Jungkook had stopped operating the computers. They stood behind Yn, watching her computer screen unblinkingly.

Two minutes in and Yn had taken down King Kong Internet Security's first wall of defense!

The audience burst into an uproar-She only needed two minutes to break through the first wall!

The competition attracted hackers that were best of the best, but even the fastest among them took ten minutes to get past King Kong Internet Security's first line of defense.

However, she only used two minutes... It was unimaginable!

Jungkook and Jackson gripped their fists excitedly. If not for the fear of disturbing Yn, they would have openly cheered her on.

On the other side of the room, Chui Ming gritted his teeth in anger! He didn't expect kimeron Yn to be insanely good with a computer.

It had been only two minutes but Chui Ming could feel the weight of a calamity pressing down on him. He was breaking out in cold sweat. This turn of events shocked everyone in the room.

CEO Wang almost yelled out at Yn, 'Well done my lady, keep going!'

On the other hand, the moment Richard finished his conversation with Taehyung, Yn got past King Kong Internet Security's first layer of defense. He stared at her disbelievingly, saying, "I can't believe my eyes, she is as good as you said..."

Even though Taehyung had predicted Yn could do as much but at that moment, he too was pleasantly surprised.

He leaned back down in his chair and gazed covetously at Yn. His mouth broke involuntarily into a charming smile.

("Covetously" means in a manner showing a strong desire to possess something, especially something belonging to someone else.)

Similarly, ST was gazing enthusiastically at Yn. He knew she was something special when she walked in and definitely she didn't disappointed him.

The stronger his opponent, the more inflamed his fighting spirit. The speed at which his fingers flew over the keyboard increase, and it was the same for Yn

The whole venue was filled with sound of their fingers tapping crazily on the keyboard. Like an orchestra, the increasing tempo tugged at everyone's nervous hearts until...

Ding!

The news that Yn had cleared King Kong Internet Security's second line of defense appeared on the TV screen.

Four minutes...

This time she had used only four minutes to break down the second wall!

"Clang!" The cup that was on Chui Ming's table clattered to the floor.

"Oh my, CEO Chui, why so careless?" CEO Wang commented sardonically (Mockingly), "Could it be that CEO Chui was made flustered by the competition's latest development? What am I saying? Of course, someone like CEO Chui wouldn't be so easily affected."

"You think she can win?" Chui Ming glared at CEO Wang threateningly, his sense of decorum all but tossed out of the window, adding, "Let me tell you, no one can beat my company, Chui Corps! She won't be able to get through the third defense, I swear my life on it! Plus, my company's hacker hasn't even shown his true capability yet."

CEO Wang smiled inwardly watching Chui Ming all flustered. Because it meant that Chui Ming was nervous and afraid.

He replied smilingly, "Of course, CEO Chui is right. The hacker you employ truly is someone impressive and the third defense is indeed hard to get through. Well, just look how your hacker still hasn't been able to hack through Vixen lasor Security's third defense."

Chui Ming heard the sarcasm in his words. He scoffed, "The competition hasn't finished yet; first place is still up for grabs."

"Alright then, we shall wait and see," CEO Wang concluded happily. He was in a good mood because someone who could threaten Chui Ming had finally appeared.

But... could this woman really win?

Nobody could tell.

After all ST had performed some crazy feats too. Furthermore, Yn arrived so much later than he did. Even if she was better than ST, it would be an uphill battle to catch up. However, why were they hoping for her to win?

Yn's victory means their loss but they were more than glad to see Yn's reversal. It must be said that Chui Ming had truly failed as a human being. Everyone in the room was waiting to see him fail.

Chui Ming understood this and it added to the pressure on his shoulders. This competition he couldn't lose, because if he did... it would be game over for him!

Yes, he couldn't lose!

Glaring at Yn, a murderous intent crossed his eyes. He waved for his assistant to lean in and he whispered some orders into his ear. His assistant nodded and slipped out the hall without drawing anyone's notice.

_________________________________

King Kong Internet Security's third defense was indeed good and hard to break through but it was still nothing for Yn.

Her calm and collected demeanor spoke of a wealth of confidence and ease, so much so that it had influenced her opponent, ST.

ST was delighted to have found a worthy match, but he also started getting the jitters (Nervousness). This was because he didn't expect Vixen lasor Security's third wall to be so strong.

He leveled at it to the best of his abilities but it remained standing. He'd made zero progress in the last ten minutes.

On the other hand, his opponent had caught up to him. Someone who could write such a good defense must have a great offense as well.

ST could sense it in his gut that the third defense for King Kong Internet Security was coming down soon. But he refused to admit defeat. He would fight until the last remaining second!

Deep down though he couldn't help but admit he was fighting a losing battle...It was not only him who felt that way. Everyone in the room could see Yn winning the competition!

Even Taehyung had gotten slightly nervous for Yn's sake. She was fighting but his breath was stuck. His long fingers tapped rhythmically on his knees, his eyes still glued onto Yn.

He realized that this Yn before him was more attractive, more remarkable than she was at Zade's party.

During the party, Yn had on a million-dollar dress and the perfect make-up.

Now, her hair was pulled back into a simple ponytail and she wore the plainest of white T-shirt and black jeans and no make-up. In fact, she was looking a bit pale and enervated (Weakened).

Logically speaking, her previous appearance should be more alluring than her current appearance.

But, for some reason, the current Yn radiated a confidence that was intensely attention-grabbing.

Taehyung stared, spellbound, at Yn like he was hypnotized... He could even smell a hint of spring in the air.

Perhaps this was why they say spring is the season of romance. He felt hugged by the most serene of feelings that he closed his eyes satisfactorily with a smile.

Suddenly, Jackson rushed to Yn's side and with a terrified expression, relayed something in her ear. Yn stood up so abruptly that her chair fell backwards!

Bang!

The sudden commotion alerted everyone. They stared at Yn's sudden movement confusedly. "What did you say?" Yn asked Jackson sternly.

A horrified Jackson said hurriedly, "Sis, the person said they have kidnapped Dad. If you don't stop competing, they are going to kill him..."

A moment ago, Jackson received a call from an unknown number. His initial thought was to ignore it but since it kept on ringing, he walked to a quiet corner and answered it.

Little did he know it was a ransom (Payment to release hostage) call!

They had the audacity to kidnap his father to force Yn from continuing on with the competition.

Jackson had doubts regarding the call's authenticity so he came to ask his sister for her opinion.

"Sis, do you think this is real?" He asked apprehensively.

Jungkook frowned his brows and spat out the accusation, "This must be Chui Ming's handiwork!"

Only Chui Ming would benefit from this unusual request and only he was despicable enough to do something like this!

Chui Ming!

Yn's vengeful eyes sought out Chui Ming among the public. He returned her a cold and gloating (Derisive, self-satisfaction or triumph) smile.

No one else knew what was happening. They were curious why Yn suddenly stopped competing and entered a staring competition with Chui Ming. Could it be that something bad happened?

"Could Chui Ming have done something behind our backs?" Richard spoke the first thought that came to his mind.

Taehyung's face instantly glossed over icily. If that was the case then he will make sure to close Chui Ming's chapter today. He turned and told one of his bodyguards, "Go and..." He stopped mid-sentence.

He was going to ask the bodyguard to investigate what had happened but to his surprise, Yn sat back down and resumed competing.

Both Jackson and Jungkook were surprised. Jackson was befuddled. "Sis, what are you doing?"

Didn't the kidnapper warn them to stop competing?

Jungkook shared his confusion. Was she really going to continue with the competition?

Chui Ming's face fell instantly, kimeron Yn was... not intimidated by his threat!

"Sis, aren't you worried they are really going to..." Jackson asked anxiously but before he could finish, he heard Yn's firm reply, "It's fake!" He stared at Yn, asking, "How can you be sure?"

"Lisa is still at home," Yn answered as way of explanation.

Jackson and Jungkook understood immediately. It was true, Lisa was at home. For the sake of both leverage and convenience, there was no reason for them to only kidnap one person and not two.

Chui Ming didn't know that Lisa and Jungkook recently moved in with them so the lie he made had a glaring loophole.

Furthermore, it had only been ten minutes since Yn made her appearance. How could a kidnapping be done in a short period of time?

Plus, this kidnapping had to happen after Chui Ming recognized Yn as a threat. That meant the kidnapping had to occur within a brief window of less than ten minutes.

Therefore, the ransom call had to be a fake threat to undermine Yn, to buy ST more time for him to win the competition.

Of course, only Chui Ming would come up with a plan as despicable and as meaningless as this!

If he was afraid of losing so much, Yn promised she would let him have a taste of utter defeat! She would let him regret ever threatening her.

Yn collected herself and her expression became exceptionally serious and determined as she prepared to ram Chui Ming down.

Her fingers madly danced over the keyboard...People could tell this was her going all-out. She'd started getting serious.

People were shocked! It turned out that she hadn't been giving it her all till now. She was just playing around. Even so, her result was already scarily good. They could only imagine what kind of spectacle it would be now that she will show her real capability...

Chui Ming's eyelids twitched involuntarily, his expression rigid and pale.

Kimeron Yn, thie bitch wasn't threatened at all!

Chui Ming knew he had to stop her from competing but he was out of ideas!

He combed his brain and finally another plan surfaced in his mind. He quickly ordered his assistant, "You go..."

"It's over!" CEO Wang suddenly jumped up in his seat and cheered. It gave Chui Ming quite a scare. The words 'it's over' chilled his heart.

He had no idea who CEO Wang was referring to. He turned to the competition floor quickly and in that moment, he could see his life flash before him. It was over... for him.

He was frozen over with fear and desolation.

Kimeron Yn had done it. She had hacked Chui Corps' King Kong Internet Security! The third defense, it only took her... seven minutes!

In total, she used 13 minutes; 13 minutes to crush the supposedly invincible King Kong Internet Security!

No, this couldn't be true, this mustn't be true!

Chui Ming couldn't get it into his head that Yn had managed to take down the software that was the product of a dedicated team as well as unbeatable for years on the market with just 13 minutes!

The formidable hacker that he employed hadn't even broken through Vixen lasor Security yet. The moment Chui Ming thought that, ST finished his job.

But what was the point? The victor had been crowned! St was too late.

Furthermore, it took Yn only 13 minutes to hack King Kong Internet Security and ST almost half an hour to hack Vixen lasor Security!

It was obvious who the winner was. It was Yn. She handily beat all the hackers there. Her prowess was beyond their imagination...

"Wow, Sis, you're amazing! You're my idol!" Jackson pulled his sister excitedly into a hug. He was overjoyed.

Jungkook almost jumped on her but he caught himself. Instead, he kept a respectable distance and cheered for her victory. Everyone give Yn a thunderous applause. Even the other hackers clapped for her.

Richard clubbed Taehyung's arm excitedly and rubbed it while saying, "That's crazy! Kim Taehyung, do you have supernatural powers? How could you know she could do it in under 15 minutes? Are both of you even human?"

Taehyung glanced at him deliberately and warned, "I advise you to stop what you're doing while I'm still in a good mood."

Only then Richard realized he had crossed the line. Taehyung was iffy about public displays of emotion especially with those who weren't his family.

He pulled back his hand awkwardly and asked, "By the way, why are you in a good mood? Is it because you have your sight set on that lady? Come on now, you can tell me. She knows Jackson so I can help introduce the both of you."

Taehyung's mouth curved into a mysterious smile. "You'll eat your words when you realize her true identity."

"What do you mean by that?" Richard was puzzled. Then, he saw Yn look at Chui Ming condescendingly and these following words escaped from her red lips.

"You lost!"

She said it loud and clear. Yn was openly challenging and disrespecting Chui Ming!

Chui Ming's face instantly turned several shades darker.

He finally lost it. He pulled himself up and said sinisterly, "I lost? Kimeron Yn, aren't you getting a bit ahead of yourself? Winning this competition only proves that you're a more than average hacker but it doesn't prove that your software is better than Chui Corps'! You happen to know some hacking tricks and you dare say I lost? Where does your confidence come from?"

Jackson was incensed facing Chui Ming's oppressive interrogation. "Chui Ming, the fact is you've lost. Words are not going..."

"He's right." Yn raised her hand to stop Jackson from continuing. Jackson turned to her in surprise. "Sis, why are you agreeing with him?"

Yn explained softly, "Because he is in the right. This competition proves nothing beyond the fact that I'm a good hacker. It can't prove that our software is better than his. After all, both software packages were hacked by only one person. If we use only this to determine the software's quality, then the result would be too surface-level."

"It's good that you know that!" Chui Ming scoffed, making fun of Yn's idiocy. Since she herself had admitted it, then she couldn't blame him for going down hard on her!

"So, kimeron Yn, how dare you say that we, Chui Corps, have lost? If you can't show the proof to back up your claim, I demand an apology!"

Chui Ming didn't care that he was being exceptionally petty. He had to reclaim some semblance of authority no matter what.

Plus, Yn openly challenged him, he didn't have to pretend to be courteous towards the bitch anymore. He must let this bitch know it is unwise to cross him!

Yn was unperturbed. She looked on leisurely as if victory was already in her hands. "I dare to say it because it is the truth," she uttered nonchalantly.

"Ha!" Chui Ming sneered, the cold sheen in his eyes deepened, "The truth? Just because you hacked our software first?"

"Because of the result from the testing committee."

Everyone was startled. The testing result hadn't been announced yet, so how could she know beforehand?

Chui Ming implored with hints of uncertainty, "You know the result?"

"Not yet."

"Then how dare you say something like that?" Chui Ming's eyes clouded over with malice, adding, "You're just a puny hacker, how dare you speak so insolently or do you not consider my Chui Corps a worthy equal!"

To his astonishment, Yn nodded. "You're right, I don't consider you people my equal."

"You... kimeron Yn, I gave you an inch but you're taking a mile? Watch yourself or I won't go easy on you!" Chui Ming purposely threatened. He wanted to let the room know if anything was to happen to Yn, it was her own fault for asking for it.

Yn was still unruffled. She held eye contact with Chui Ming as she slowly strode towards him. "Oh yeah? What do you plan to do?

Are you going to frame me, kidnap my family or have me assassinated?

Or will you go for a gang rape like you did in past because you're not even a man yourself to fight fare and square with a man."

Chui Ming was burning up within taunted by Yn. He gripped the hands behind his back tightly to prevent himself from physically assaulting the woman.

But Yn was not done.

She strode emphatically to the VIP area, saying it to his face, "Chui whatever your name is, what else do you know other than these nasty tricks? I'm here to tell you, from today onwards, I, kimeron Yn, am going to let you know what the consequence for crossing me is!"

The people who heard her were shaken to the core. Who is this kimeron Yn that she dared to speak to Chui Ming so impudently?

Is she that unafraid of death?

This was more than ruffling Chui Ming's feathers, she had him up against the wall. Wasn't she afraid Chui Ming would lash out at her?

Yn was for her part, devoid of fear because being fearful or not wouldn't change the fact that Chui Ming was already targeting them. Might as well lay everything out in the open and have a fight to the death with him!

Chui Ming didn't think kimeron Yn had the guts to step on his ego again and again.

The savagery in his eyes was openly displayed to the crowd. "Very nice, kimeron Yn, I'll admit it, you have balls of steel. However, if your Vixen lasor Security loses after the result's revealed, I will make sure you pay severely for the insults and accusation that you've leveled against me!"

"In other words, you're confident that you'll win?" Yn challenged with a sneer. Chui Ming too responded with a sneer, "Of course, or you think that little third-rate software of yours can win? Don't make me laugh!"

Chui Ming had backing behind his words.

Even though he begrudgingly admitted Vixen lasor Security was not bad but it was still incomparable to King Kong Internet Security which had stood the test of time. Over the years, the software had been updated and improved.

It could be said that it was the perfect security software.

He wouldn't believe one hastily written software could be better than his!

Simply put, Chui Ming was confident King Kong Internet Security would come out victorious. He was going to shove his victory hard into Yn's ugly face.

"You're the one making a clown out of yourself here," Yn retorted bluntly, "You dare to use something you stole to enter the competition! Chui Ming, your face is truly thicker than the Great Wall of China."

"Kimeron Yn -" Chui Ming growled angrily. This time Yn had really pushed his buttons, accusing him of stealing another person's software.

She completely disregarded his public standing, slamming him left and right for so many crimes. He blew his fuse.

"Men, go teach her a harsh lesson, make her pay for the words that came out her mouth!" Chui Ming ordered. As the few large bodyguards rushed towards Yn, Jackson and Jungkook instantly pulled Yn behind them, shielding her from harm's way.

"Who dares to disrupt the peace?" Right then, Taehyung's thunderous rumble of voice rang across the competition hall.

He stood up slowly and his impressive presence put a halt to both parties' actions.

"CEO kim, kimeron Yn baselessly insulted me so many times. I'm not going to let her off even if you intervene on her behalf!" Chui Ming warned Taehyung.

His influence was not as powerful as Taehyung's but even so, it was powerful enough to give everyone pause.

Taehyung's expression was stone cold as he said, "I'm not intervening on anyone's behalf but understand that this is a competition venue. Learn to respect the competition and the organizers."

"I'm not the one creating the scene," Chui Ming countered. Yn added softly, "I'm just telling the truth."

"How dare you say that it's the truth when the result is not even out yet?" Chui Ming glared at her cruelly, adding, "kimeron Yn, if the actual result is different from what you said and you lose, I demand you get down on your knees to kowtow and beg for my forgiveness."

Chui Ming was making an empty threat but to his surprise, Yn nodded her head and agreed. "You got a deal."

The room was shocked. Yn was that confident in her company's work?

"Wonderful, I won't let you wiggle out of your promise!" Chui Ming snickered triumphantly. He couldn't wait to humiliate the bitch.

"But..." Yn stared icily at him. "What are you going to do if you lose?"

"We - Chui Corps - will never lose," Chui Ming said confidently, tooting (Making noise proudly) his own horn.

Yn commented with a smirk, "Chui Ming, are you sure you want to brag about that, it'll only lead you to more humiliation later. Well, if you're so confident, do you dare to indulge me in a bet? If you lose, I want you to openly admit to this room of people that you, Chui Ming has lost while you Knowtow three of us."

Chui Ming coughed violently. It was not that he wasn't up to the challenge but the punishment Yn wrought was his soft spot.

Chui Ming viewed his face to be more important than his life. He punished anyone that dared to make him lose face. Therefore, the bet that Yn offered was worse than asking him to kill himself.

Even though he was sure he wouldn't lose but on the off-chance that he did...Could he really do it in front of so many of his peers?

Yn agreed easily when he goaded (provoked) her into accepting his side of the bet so it would be shame on his part if he appeared squeamish (having fastidious moral values) in accepting Yn's bet. However, for some reason, he found it difficult to give his assent (express approval or agreement).

Of course, Yn wouldn't let him back out of it so easily. "Well?" she challenged forcefully. In a fit of anger, Chui Ming gave his consent.

"Good! Everyone heard it right? If I lose, I will kowtow to Chui Ming and beg him for forgiveness, but if he loses, he will yell out before this room of people three times 'I, Chui Ming, have lost' loudly while knowtowing us. That's our deal right, Chui Ming?" Yn asked pointedly.

Chui Ming narrowed his eyes with lethal intent. "Yes, that's right."

"Then we shall await the test result." The moment Yn finished her words, the staff members from the testing committee appeared in the room. "The results are here!" Someone yelled excitedly.

Almost instantly, everyone turned towards the staff who'd just walked in.

The committee's chairperson stepped forth and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, all the software submitted by the companies have been fully tested and reviewed. I have the result in my hands, I'll announce it now."

The chairperson pulled out a remote, aimed it at the TV screen and clicked. At that moment, the atmosphere in the room was the most nervous it had ever been!

Chui Ming was a bundle of nerves. He stared at the TV screen unblinkingly, his entire body tensed.

Jackson and Jungkook felt their hearts stop from an overload of anxiety. Even Richard held his breath waiting for the result...

The ranking finally appeared clearly on screen. Everyone could see it.

The first place was... Vixen lasor Security!

The committee chairperson picked up the microphone and said, "Congratulations to the first place winner, Vixen lasor Security."

"This is impossible!" Chui Ming rushed to the front of the crowd, his eyes glued to the screen. "Something is wrong! How can I be beaten by a newly written software!"

The chairperson wasn't privy to what happened earlier so he consoled Chui Ming kindly.

"CEO Chui, there's nothing wrong. Both of your products underwent the same test, being assaulted by 100 different strains of computer viruses. Vixen lasor Security didn't fail once but yours failed five times. In other words, the security rate for Vixen lasor Security is 100 percent while yours is 70 percent."

"Impossible! Something is wrong with the test, I demand a retrial!" Chui Ming's face gloomed over. He refused to accept this result.

He insisted adamantly that the result was rigged (set up). He refused to recognize his King Kong Internet Security as inferior than Vixen lasor Security.

"Chui Ming, the result is as clear as day, why are you arguing still?" Jungkook commented sternly, "Don't be a sore loser!"

Chui Ming zeroed in on him, his gaze as chilly as the grave... Jungkook was unfazed. In fact, he returned Chui Ming a similarly chilly gaze.

His hatred towards Chui Ming was bubbling to the surface. Now that Chui Ming had lost, of course he was not going to let him off the hook so easily.

"I had no idea CEO Chui was such a sore loser. Don't you forget about the promise you've made before the whole room!"

"That's right, Chui Ming. We've not forgotten about your bet. You lost, so come out with it. Or are you going to argue your way out of this one as well?"

"I'm sure a person of CEO Chui's stature wouldn't go back on his own words, right?" CEO Wang mocked.

"Then, Chui Ming, quickly admit defeat!"

"Yes, admit to the crowd that you've lost!"

The cries for him to surrender kept on coming. Chui Ming looked around him and every face he saw had that satisfying smirk. Chui Ming felt his vision go dark.

He didn't expect this day would ever come, the day where his ego would be trampled into the ground. It was all thanks to kimeron Yn.

Not only that, even Chui Corps' professional reputation was scattered to the wind. Following that would be the collapse of his profit.....It was all over for him.

And yet, the most damning thing was forcing him to admit defeat before the roomful of people! It would be easier to him to hand over his life than doing that.

But what option did he have? Deny it ever happen? Then... it would truly be over for Chui Corps!

No one would work with a company that had a bad reputation. If he refused to admit to the bet, he would drag the whole company down with him. Bad news travels especially fast.

After the business world saw Chui Ming as an untrustworthy person... Chui Corps would crumble overnight.

Does that mean, this was Yn's plan since the beginning? She was going to ruin Chui Corps with a bet!

Chui Ming looked at Yn suddenly and said with a scowl, "kimeron Yn, I'm sure you must be satisfied with how things are going."

Yn smirked in lieu of an answer.

Satisfied?

Not even a tiny bit, this was just the beginning.

Yn would show no mercy towards those that violated her bottom line. Chui Ming, Aisha, and Anika Rong. Time and again they had threatened the people dear to Yn's heart; she would squash them like a bug.

They would be served with their rightful comeuppance soon enough.

"Chui Ming, if you don't want to openly admit your defeat, how about admitting that your dick is shorter than my heels?" Yn suggested softly like a queen who had the world under her fingertips.

Whole room filled with males laughed out loudly. This girl was seriously on some another level. Even though as male, they should be offended but instead they found themselves hooting for her. She got guts.

The muscle of Chui Ming's face twitched violently. He finally had a taste of his own medicine after forcing Jungkook to kowtow to him. This was way too humiliating.

He shouldn't have stopped right there when he bumped into him and shouldn't have kindly let Jungkook go.

He should have ruined that damnable CD when he had the chance!

Chui Ming deeply regretted showing his enemy mercy, and to think he once had the perfect opportunity to ruin kimeron Yn and her clan...

His overconfidence killed him!

He forced himself to suppress his ego, hatred, and anger.

He wasn't born yesterday. When push came to shove, he could suffer the humiliation and go for a tactical retreat.

After all, it wasn't a total defeat.

"Fine, I, Chui Ming, have lost!" Chui Ming wheezed through gritted teeth, "Words don't mean everything. So, are you happy now?"

"Louder!" Yn ordered harshly, "and remember, you promised me to know tow three times!"

Chui Ming's gum bled from clenching his teeth so forcefully.

Kimeron Yn, conceited bitch, I will kill you!

Chui Ming swallowed the saliva that was laced with blood and yelled at the top of his lungs, "I, Chui Ming, have lost! I, Chui Ming, have lost! I, Chui Ming, have lost!"

Each 'I, Chui Ming, have lost' was more severe than the preceding one while he knowtowed. It was as if he wasn't saying 'I, Chui Ming, have lost' but 'I will kill you, kimeron Yn'!

After the humiliating litany (A recitation of humiliating acts or events), Chui Ming stood up and launched a sudden kick at a nearby chair and the chair went flying into the air.

Bang!

It landed with a heavy thud. Everyone could feel the anger radiating off of Chui Ming. He glared intimidatingly at Yn before turning to leave with angry steps.

His murderous intent increased with each step. He swore to kill kimeron Yn and everyone related to her!

Everyone present was impressed by Chui Ming's murderous aura. They couldn't help but worry for Yn. Even though today she had won, would she be able to bear Chui Ming's coming rage?

They had no idea that Yn knew even if she didn't openly challenge Chui Ming, he would still plot for their demise.

Yn, on her part, was never afraid of him seeking revenge!

"Is it Miss Kimeron? Congratulations..." After Chui Ming left, someone quickly smoothed over the awkward atmosphere in the room. Then, more came over to congratulate them.

This was because winning this competition meant a partnership with kim Empire. Kim Empire had announced a long time ago, they would only cooperate with winners of this Hacker Competition.

Chui Ming had lost his chance. Vixen lasor Security written by Yn's team was so impressive that the partnership had to be theirs.

As everyone predicted, Chang An approached Yn and said, "Miss Kimeron, our CEO would like a word with you."

"Miss Kimeron, congratulations..." Yn was bombarded with well wishes. Yn wasn't exactly a crowd person so she merely nodded with a smile as acknowledgement.

"Let's go," she told Jackson and Jungkook. Overhearing her, Chang An interrupted, "Miss Kimeron, our CEO would like to talk to you alone. It's about the company partnership."

"Then you should talk to our company's legal representative, Mr. Jeon here," Yn said as she referred to Jungkook beside her.

Chang An replied politely, "We know, but our CEO gave special instruction that he wants to talk to you alone."

"Sis, what do you think kim Taehyung is up to?" Jackson asked curiously.

Jungkook who had a better understanding of things explained, "Miss Kimeron, I believe CEO kim has realized you're the real creator of Vixen lasor Security. You might as well listen to what he has to say."

"Impossible, how can you let my sister go alone?" Jackson objected out of habit. Jungkook was puzzled because Yn was more than capable of fending for herself, so why couldn't she go alone?

Jungkook wasn't privy (Informed, aware, knowledgeable) to Yn and Taehyung's relationship, so he naturally didn't understand what Jackson meant.

Yn was indifferent to the arrangement. Taehyung and she were divorced. She had let go of that particular part of her past. They were only acquaintances now. Furthermore, they needed the partnership.

Yn nodded. "Fine, I'll go with you."

"Sis..." Jackson furrowed his brows worriedly.

"It's okay." Yn consoled him. She gave him a hug before leaving with Chang An.

The moment Yn left, Richard quickly came over to greet Jackson. Of course, that was only a front to find out more information about this mysterious kimeron Yn.

"Jackson, tell your senior, what is your relationship to Miss Kimeron? How come I've never heard you tell me you have a sister that is so crazy good with computers?"

Richard looked at Jungkook with a huge smile. The crowd around them leaned in closer waiting to hear Jackson's answer.

They were morbidly (Grimly, excessively, gruesomely) curious about kimeron Yn's real identity!

Actually, some of the people started to realize Yn looked suspiciously familiar but they just couldn't place her.

The name, kimeron Yn sounded familiar as well.

Jackson didn't conceal the truth from Richard. He answered simply, "Senior, she's my uncle's daughter so my cousin, but I treat her as my actual sister."

Richard was still confused. "How come I never heard you say you have a cousin that's impressively good at coding? Wait a minute... Does this mean that the books you borrowed from me are for her? The mini-game, that's her handiwork too?"

Jackson nodded.

It was Richard's prediction that the computer expert Jackson knew was no simple character, but the person's actual capability turned out to be beyond his prediction.

"You sneaky bastard, how could you hide such an impressive talent away from your senior?" Richard clubbed Jackson's arm jokingly.

Jackson chuckled apologetically. "Sis likes to keep a low profile. She doesn't like people meddling in her business..."

"I've got it!" Suddenly, a cry issued from among the crowd. A senior CEO clawed to the front of the crowd excitedly, decrying like a kid, "I finally realized Miss Kimeron's true identity!"

"What is it?" Richard turned around to ask.

Excitement shone in the CEO's eyes as he announced, "I saw her at Young Master Zade's birthday party! No wonder she looks so familiar, she's CEO kim's ex-wife!"

WHAT THE FUCK?

Richard and Jungkook widened their eyes in shock as they suffered mini heart attack. How can this be possible... kimeron Yn is kim Taehyung's... ex-wife!

For some reason, the heart of these two men wrenched with complicated emotions. Jungkook could feel his heart clenching while Richard had a mental breakdown.

__________________________________________

In one break room, Yn and Taehyung sat across the table facing each other.

Ever since Yn walked in, Taehyung had been staring cordially at her. His thoughts and emotions were shielded behind his deep eyes.

After a silence that lasted for a minute more long, Yn saw he still didn't have any intention of speaking so she said, "If you have nothing to say, I'm going to leave."

"Don't you have anything you want to tell me?" He finally asked. Yn looked him quizzically and replied, "What do you mean by that?"

"Explain your recent changes." Nonplussed, Yn responded, "Why should I?" She didn't owe him an explanation.

Taehyung read her thought so he tried a different tact, "You've recovered your memory?"

"Yes."

"You were already a computer genius before all this?"

"Yes."

"You are the real creator of Vixen Lasor Security?"

"Yes."

"You did it all within a week?"

"Yes."

"I've truly underestimated you. I'm impressed." Taehyung said seriously, his tone full of admiration. Praise where praise was due.

"I thought we were here to discuss the partnership." Yn wasn't there for small talk or chit chat. She treated their past together as a dream. She had woken up from it and was ready to let it go.

The Yn that had recovered her memory was a new Yn. She had no interest in catching up on old times with him.

Taehyung's dark eyes glistened slightly and he smiled. "Right, then let's discuss the partnership..."

After he passed her a document, he explained, "Inside this are the basic clauses. Read them carefully and if you're okay with it, come to my company tomorrow to sign the contract."

Yn accepted the document, pocketed it without opening, and stood up to leave. Taehyung was puzzled. "Aren't you going to look at it? Where are you going?"

"I'm taking it back home to study closely. If I find no issue with it, CEO Jeon from my company will go to you to sign the contract tomorrow."

"..." Taehyung was at a loss for words. "You should take a look at it now because if there's any issues, we can discuss them now. Furthermore, I believe you're the one actually running the company."

Yn blinked. He was right. Since there was time, they might as well do it now. She sat back down and started to flip through the document slowly.

Taehyung picked up a cup of tea and studied Yn closely through the cover of his cup. His feelings were complicated.

He didn't expected Yn to undergo such a drastic change. It was akin to how those superheroes' family members felt when they learnt of his or her true identity.

And this happened with his ex-wife... Any man would be shocked beyond belief if they were put in his shoes.

Needless to say, Taehyung received his fair share of shock, but he didn't regret having the divorce with Yn because this gave him the chance to get to know this whole new her...The real kimeron Yn.

Regarding the past, he shared the same sentiment as Yn, a dream that was not particularly memorable. However, from this moment onwards, he would not ignore this woman anymore.

He wanted to get to know her again. Start with starting.

He set his cup down and reminded kindly, "Take your time, you can ask me if there's anything bothering you."

Yn suddenly raised her head. "The profit of this partnership is spilt four-six? Sixty your's, forty mine?"

Taehyung nodded. "That's right. Of course, if you think that's too little, we can settle for fifty-fifty."

"No, seventy-thirty."

Taehyung blinked confusedly before asking, "Seven-three? You seventy percent, I thirty percent?" Well, if she wants then he will do it.

He thought Yn was unsatisfied with how the profit ratio was split. To his surprise, she shook her head, saying, "No, I thirty, you seventy."

Taehyung was confused. "Why?" This was the first time he saw someone willingly offer to take a worse deal.

"As a thank you for your help this time," Yn explained softly.

So that was why...

Taehyung gazed deeper into her eyes, saying, "You don't need to thank me. You're Zade's mom, I'm supposed to help you."

"That's not true. We're divorced. I have nothing to do with you. Therefore, you're under no obligation to help me."

This statement irked Taehyung for some reasons. But he was careful not let it show on his face. He continued naturally, "Then consider it my compensation to you. After all, you didn't take the alimony."

"Alright, then stick with the four-six ratio. Tomorrow, CEO Jeon will come and find you to sign the contract. I have something else to attend to, thank you for the meeting," Yn concluded crisply and stood up to leave.

Taehyung asked, "You've finished reading the contract?"

"Yes." Yn replied without turning her head as she headed towards the exit. She refused to waste one more second there.

It was as if she treated business deals like gaming missions, take an objective, finish objective, and acquire next objective.

Social ettiquettes like post-meeting tea, small talk, or golfing trips were unessential to her.

Taehyung couldn't help but wonder whether this woman even knew the basics of doing business. He felt weirdly suffocated talking business with such a mechanical woman.

Obviously, Yn didn't think her way of doing business was in any way wrong. As long as the parties involved were in agreement about the business deal then why waste time doing anything else?

_________________________________

On their way back home, Jackson and Jungkook stared amazed at her when she said the partnership had been discussed and dealt within five minutes.

Yn blinked. "What are you two staring at?" They had been continously staring at her without saying anything. "Sis, you went in for less than five minutes and the partnership is already done?" Jackson asked disbelievingly.

Yn nodded and confirmed, "Yup, everything's ready. Jeon Jungkook, you can go and sign the contract tomorrow. I've read the contract, there's no problem."

"...Alright." Jungkook kept the criticism in his mind to himself. He won't admit it but even he's little scared of this woman now. He better not piss her off.

But Jackson wasn't that diplomatic. "Sis, this partnership is something very important. How can you finish everything in less than five minutes? Isn't that a bit too hasty? Aren't you afraid kim Taehyung would take advantage of us?"

"What advantage do we have? You never told me that we have gold and platinum mines." Yn questioned him in return with sarcasm dripping her words.

"..." Jackson was rendered speechless. Indeed, what advantage did they have?

It was already a cause for celebration that kim Taehyung was willing to work with them. No matter how one looked at it, there was only benefit for them in this partnership.

Jungkook came to that conclusion as well. After he pored through the contract, he realized the benefits Taehyung allowed them were actually quite generous.

"Kim Empire has offered us a good deal, it should be fine cooperating with them," he said with a smile but that smile quickly dimmed, "But the fact is we did steal this contract from under Chui Ming's nose. Coupled that with the humiliation that he has suffered today, I'm afraid he'll mean both of you harm. Miss Yn, please be extra careful. Chui Ming is capable of the most despicable deeds if they get the job done."

Jackson was worried. "Sis, why don't we hire some bodyguards? I'm not afraid of Chui Ming myself but I'm afraid for your safety."

Yn shrugged with ease. "I'm more afraid he won't have time to come at us."

"Why?" A shocked Jackson glanced at her through the rear-view mirror. "Because he's probably too busy."

"...Sis, this is not the time for a joke!" He was speechless. He could never understand how the brain circuit of a genius works.

Little did they know, Yn was absolutely right. Chui Ming was indeed too busy to deal with them.

_________________________________

After he left the Hacker Competition, he called for an emergency shareholders' meeting to solve the approaching crisis.

In truth, losing the competition and even the chance at partnership with kim Empire was not supposed to be a big crisis.

It was Chui Ming's own fault for being so high-profile, telling the world and media, Chui Corps will be partnering with kim Empire. This caused a natural rise in their stock price.

However, the partnership had fallen through. Chui Ming was also publicly humiliated by Yn, admitting to a room of influential players in the business that he had lost. This was a huge blow to Chui Corps' reputation.

The moment this news spread to the public, their stock price would definitely plummet (Drop, fall rapidly, decline)! But he didn't knew that the big disaster would happen tomorrow...

Therefore, Chui Ming had been stuck at his company, trying to find ways to stave off the imminent (Impending, approaching, about to happen) disaster. He didn't have time to return home much less answer Aisha's calls.

("Stave off" means to prevent or delay something undesirable from happening, typically by taking action beforehand.)

_________________________________

Aisha didn't know Yn had beaten Chui Corps. The only thought on her mind was asking her husband to help her take revenge against Yn.

She was still fuming from the incident at the precinct. But no matter, if they couldn't do it fair and square, there were more than enough ways to off someone from the dark.

After Chui Ming returned home, she would ask him to hire someone to bestow kimeron Yn a brutual gang rape and gruesome death!

Thinking about Yn's impending doom elevated her mood.

She brought her mother, who had also suffered quite a bit under Yn's hands, to the spa to relax. They also went for a shiatsu massage to knead the stress out of their body before shopping. It was a day of luxurious indulgences for the both of them.

(Shiatsu massage is a form of Japanese bodywork based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine. It involves applying pressure to specific points on the body using the fingers, thumbs, palms, and sometimes elbows or knees, to promote relaxation, reduce stress, alleviate pain, and improve overall well-being.)

They couldn't have known that this was the last time they could so freely enjoy themselves...

__________________________________________

Early the next morning, Jungkook signed the contract with Taehyung. News of the partnership was publicized immediately. And the press conference was held to explain media about their beneficial Joint venture.

Chui Corps' stocks felt its effect almost instantly. Chui Ming knew the stocks would drop but he wasn't expecting them to have such a scary drop.

It was a linear decrease. That had never happened before!The decline of Chui Corps' stocks could be said to shock the whole country.

There was nothing Chui Ming could do to stop the inadvertent downturn. In just an hour, Chui Corps had suffered irreparable loss.

("Inadvertent downturn" refers to a decrease or decline that happens unintentionally or accidentally, without deliberate action or planning to be prepared for.)

With how things were going, Chui Corps would have to announce bankruptcy in two days' time.

Chui Ming slumped to the floor in despair watching this scary development unfold before him. He was beside himself with shock.

_________________________________

Even Yn's group didn't see this coming. Chui Corps had reached its end without their direct intervention.

Jackson exclaimed, "He got what he deserved! Chui Ming has made so many enemies over the years. They all want him dead, how would they let this precious opportunity to destroy him go? Even the people are on our side! It's over for Chui Ming and it's over for Aisha and Anika Rong as well!"

Jungkook was equally excited. His eyes were red with emotions. "Is this for real? It's the end for Chui Ming..."

A week ago, it was beyond his wildest imagination that Chui Ming would get his just desserts. Now that it had really happened, he felt like he was living a dream.

Is it really the end for Chui Ming?

Has lord krishna above had really heard all of my plea and taken oath to turn them in reality?

No one could share Jungkook's internal frenzy of emotion because no one had gone through the same thing as he did. However, that wasn't enough, for him, Chui Ming deserved worse than that!

Yn commented cryptically, "This is weird..."

"Sis, what do you mean?" Jackson queried.

"Chui Corps' stocks shouldn't have dropped so drastically. For a huge company like that to get demolish over a night is impossible without a huge force working against them."

Jackson laughed. "Sis, this is the natural cycle of things. Didn't you taught us, Evil deeds will be punished very severely. With how much evil Chui Ming has done, I wouldn't find it weird even if he died."

He was right. Why should they be worried for Chui Ming's sake?

However, Yn couldn't shake the feeling that someone was pulling the strings behind the scene or else Chui Corps' stocks wouldn't crumble so fast. They would at least survive for a week.

She didn't dwell on it much less entertain the possibility that the culprit was kim Taehyung.

__________________________________________

"It's your handiwork, right?" Richard asked Taehyung on the phone, "The downward projection of Chui Corps' stocks was too radical. Only a few people in this country are capable of influencing something like that."

Taehyung replied matter-of-factly, "Chui Ming has many enemies, this is the reflection of the public's intention."

"Even so, it couldn't explain the severe drop. Fine, don't tell me but I know you had a hand in it," Richard said with the hint of a smile in his voice. He didn't feel sorry about Chui Corps' collapse. In fact, he was quite glad about it.

Taehyung smiled. He didn't admit or deny. However, a shade of coldness did enter his onyx eyes.

Those who didn't know Taehyung closely would think he was a true gentleman, but those in his inner circle would know he can be extremely merciless when he wants to be.

With his involvement, there was no chance Chui Corps could revive itself.

"But why did you target Chui Ming? Is it because of Miss Kimeron?" Richard asked. This was what he was really curious about. He had a feeling that Taehyung was taking revenge from Chui Ming for what he did with Yn on competition day.

"This is not a question hotline. I'm hanging up." Taehyung cut off the call without providing an answer. Richard cursed him angrily on the other end of the phone.

How can he hang up just as things get interesting?

Is it or is it not for kimeron Yn's sake that he targeted Chui Ming?

But why would he go to such lengths for his ex-wife?

Richard scratched his chin thoughtfully. He seemed to have stumbled upon an incredible secret...

__________________________________________

CHUI MANSION

Chui Ming didn't return home the whole night.

Aisha slept until afternoon the next day. She yawned as she descended the stairs to the living room. She asked a passing maid, "The master is still not home?"

"Yes, madam, the master is still not home," the maid answered deferentially.

A discontented Aisha frowned. If Chui Ming was out partying with some random hussy again, she swore she would not forgive him!

"The master's home." Aisha was still pondering what had happened when the maid's voice rang out again. She lifted her head and saw Chui Ming walk slowly into the room.

"Honey, where have you been..." She stepped forth happily but stopped herself after two steps. She sensed something wrong with Chui Ming.

His face was gloomy like it was shielded behind a raincloud that wouldn't dissipate. His hair and clothes were unkempt (Disheveled, untidy, neglected). He hadn't shaved for the night so stubble had grown around his chin.

There was a look of despondency (Feeling of hopelessness) about him like... he was just dealt a huge, emotional blow! However, the most telling sign was his eyes. The pair of eyes that stared at her was frighteningly chilling.

Aisha couldn't figure out what she had done wrong or what had happened. She asked uneasily, "Honey, are you feeling okay? Tired from work?"

The whole world knew about Chui Corps' demise but his wife didn't. Chui Ming laughed mirthlessly at the irony of it all. This spooked Aisha. "Honey, what's wrong? Don't frighten me like this, I'm scared..."

After that, she held onto his arm lovingly. Chui Ming liked to be the dominant one in the relationship. He would give in to her demands whenever she appealed to his masculine ideals, talk in babyish voice and became his love sick puppy.

However, it was of no use this time. Chui Ming went for her neck and squeezed threateningly. She was startled by the sudden aggression. She clawed at his powerful arms and struggled. "Chui Ming, what are you doing?"

Chui Ming moved in closer and asked deliberately, "Do you know what happened outside?"

Aisha was temporarily fazed but she came back stronger than before. "How would I know that? Let me go! How can you treat me like this?"

"Why can't I treat you like this? If not for you, would I, Chui Ming, have ended up in this state?"

Aisha was taken aback. Her sixth-sense told her something huge had happened. "What do you mean by that... What happened exactly? I didn't do anything..."

"Kimeron Yn is your nemesis, right?" Chui Ming interrogated harshly, "She targeted me because of you! Chui Corps is over thanks to you, bitch!"

Aisha widened her eyes in shock. "What are you saying... Yn targeted you, Chui Corps is over? Explain clearly, what the fuck has happened?"

Chui Ming released his grip on her body and she plopped to the floor like wet laundry. Before she could sit up, a copy of newspaper slapped her harshly on her face. She heard Chui Ming's thunderous voice saying, "Read for yourself, bimbo!"

Aisha wouldn't dare to challenge Chui Ming anymore. She picked up the newspaper with shaking fingers. On the front page was the news about Chui Corps' declining stocks...

The stocks had been plummeting since the market opened and by now, it had reached a state of no return.

Aisha wasn't that dumb person. After she read the news, she knew it was truly over for Chui Corps. This was one huge catastrophe!

(A catastrophe is a sudden and widespread disaster or event that causes great damage, suffering, or loss to the point of no return.)

"How did this happen?" Aisha raised her head to ask. Her face was as white as a sheet of paper.

Chui Ming stood before her, blocking the light. From Aisha's perspective, his expression was as dark as the shadow covering his body. What he said next shocked her even more...

"You dumb cunt! How could you not realize that Yn not only knows computer programming but is also scarily good at it? If you had told me that before, I wouldn't have given her the chance to enter the Hacker Competition!

If she didn't appear at the competition, Chui Corps' software wouldn't have lost and we wouldn't be in this fucking situation! This is all your fault, you brainless bitch. How can you possibly expect to beat kimeron Yn when her brain is at least one hundred times better than yours? Soon, we'll all be toast!"

Aisha stared at him disbelievingly. "What did you say..." She was sure she heard wrongly. "Yn knows computing and beat Chui Corps' software? How is that possible!"

She had absolutely no idea Yn was familiar with computer technology much less to a stage where she could handily beat King Kong Internet Security.

Even though she wasn't a computer programmer, she knew Chui Corps' software was very powerful. It was beaten by kimeron Yn... How was that possible?

"You've known her for at least twenty years, how can you not realize she's a hacker? Aisha Rong, how can you be so blind? Now that Chui Corps is crumbling down, the next in line is you! We're all going to die by Yn's hands!" Chui Ming roared in her face.

He didn't expect his life would be endangered to such a pitiable degree by an unknown woman.

Before this, kimeron Yn was clearly a nobody, less than even the beggars on the street.

Who would have thought she would undergo such a drastic transformation?

To so easily ruin Chui Corps... which he had managed for his whole life. He was cornered by a woman who once had nothing!

This was the biggest shame, the worst he had ever felt in his life. No, he knew for a fact it was going to get worse, and it was all thanks to that woman.

The more he thought about it, the more resentful he became. Aisha was part of the problem.

He glared viciously at her and said threateningly, "You brought kimeron Yn, this menace into our lives so you take care of it! Or else, sit there and wait to be buried alongside Chui Corps by me!"

Then, he turned to leave. There was still some time left, he had to figure out a way to prevent Chui Corps from crashing straight down to the ground.

He would leave Aisha to handle Yn. However, after the imminent crisis was averted, he would have all of them disposed of somehow.

No one could cause Chui Ming harm and get away with it!

Chui Ming's threat made Aisha uneasy with fear. However, she was more apprehensive about the fact that Yn would pose such a threat to them...

How was that possible? She was certain kimeron Yn was a dumb bitch who couldn't finish her university degree. So, what had really happened?

The bitch must have guarded herself against them since the very beginning! Or else how could she hide her hacker identity so perfectly?

"I should have killed her when the chance presented itself. This is my fault for being so merciful and kind towards her. I shouldn't have became big hearted towards her."

"If I had killed her, I wouldn't be in this mess today!"

Now that Yn had her knife to their throat, Aisha had no choice but to commit to the deed. Homicidal ruthlessness flashed in her eyes.

("Homicidal ruthlessness" refers to a merciless and brutal attitude or behavior that is characterized by the intent to kill or cause harm to others without remorse or compassion.)

"Kimeron Yn, you've forced my hand! So, don't you dare blame us when you're dead!"

Aisha cleaned herself up and rushed to reach Kimeron's farm house to discuss her plan with her mother.
________________________________

Anika was equally surprised when she heard the news. "Kimeron Yn did what? If she is so talented, why did she spend her last few years in such a pitiable state?"

Aisha said through gritted teeth, "That's because she lost her memory. But now that she's recovered them, she's coming for us."

"No wonder she was so cocky at the precinct!" Anika groused, "That bitch, I shouldn't have spared her that time."

"Mom, we have to finish the job we started soon or else it'll be us on her chopping block," Aisha warned seriously.

Anika nodded in agreement. "Of course, you're right. Since she went for Chui Ming, she won't ignore the both of us. Hitting Chui Ming was to cut off our retreat. The moment Chui Corps falls, she's coming for us next..."

"Kimeron Yn will not let us off easy!" Aisha said firmly. She was at least certain about that. Yn would not show any mercy towards them.

The moment they fell into her hands, their lives would be over.

Anika Rong had spent her entire lifetime trying to achieve her current status and it was equally difficult for Aisha to claw her way to the top. Neither of them would let Yn ruin everything that they had.

They were willing to plot and kill for the Kimeron's family's wealth and estate so naturally, they wouldn't be handing it over without a fight. It was a battle to the death now. There was no holding back.

"Looks like it's time to ask Black Three to the stage," Anika said with a chilling smile. Aisha's eyes lit up with recognition. "Mom, you can still contact that person?"

Aisha didn't know much about this mysterious Black Three. The only thing she knew was that he was a professional assassin.

Years ago, Anika bought his service to take care of Dylan and Yn. Black Three was famed within certain circles for his clean handiwork. He never left evidence for the police to trace back to him.

Aisha felt comforted that it would be him representing them. Anika smiled smugly. "Of course I can find his contact. I'll call him in a minute to have him take care of that bitch, Yn!"

Aisha was both excited and worried. "But if we do it now, won't we be the prime suspect..."

After all Yn only just crossed Chui Ming. If anything was to happen to her, people would naturally suspect them.

Anika glared at her impatiently. "So what if they suspect us, there must be proof! Plus, at the state we're in, do think we still have time to waste? Chui Ming is going down soon, the next in line will be us. We have to strike before kimeron Yn does or it'll be too late."

"But this will heavily implicate Chui Ming..."

"Do you think Chui Ming can be taken down so easily? Plus, he won't be directly involved so they can't pin anything on him. I hate to remind you but at the end of the day, I'd rather him take the fall than us. Aisha, at a time like this, sacrifices must be made."

Aisha was slowly persuaded by her mother's words. Her mother was right, at this juncture, scruples didn't mean anything anymore. She had to do everything she could to save her own skin even if it meant pushing Chui Ming to take the fall.

("Scruples" refers to feelings of doubt or hesitation about the morality or rightness of an action, typically based on one's conscience or ethical principles.)

She had to save herself. She had worked too hard to lose it like that.

Furthermore, She believed Chui Ming would have done the same. His wrath was aimed at her the moment trouble struck Chui Corps. Obviously, he didn't care for her; so, why should she care for him?

What you give is what you get.

The thought of how Chui Ming treated her that day made her boil with anger.

There is no good man in the world!

There was no reason for her to give up her life of luxury for a man.

Furthermore, Chui Ming did say he would come for her if she couldn't take care of Yn.

His exact words were to bury her alongside Chui Corps if she couldn't deal with Yn.

Aisha shivered involuntarily thinking about the malice she saw in Chui Ming's eyes.

Envy and resentment twisted her heart when her thoughts went to the newly transformed Yn.

She really had to remove the bitch from her life or she wouldn't be able to enjoy a day of peace!

Her mouth curved into a sinister smile and she told Anika, "Mom, go contact Black Three. I want kimeron Yn dead this very instant!"

Anika cackled. "Don't worry. She won't be able to live to see tomorrow's dawn." The mother and daughter shared a look, and the scene looked like two evil witches plotting to curse their victim.

Anika wasted no time in contacting Black Three and they sat waiting for his good news. The thought of Yn's impending doom made Aisha's heart palpitate with excitement and nervousness.

Even though she had not personally killed someone before but planning a murder made her abuzz with vitality and energy.

Dictating someone's life or death made her feel immensely powerful like she was a god. She reveled in the euphoric rush of murder!

Aisha stopped worrying and slowly savored the twisted joy of holding the power to end someone's life.

________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 8.7K 38
Story includes inappropriate behavior and inappropriate things like abuses, harsh words, child abuse and if you are not comfortable with all these th...
67.6K 2.1K 19
[Book 1]โœ“ 18+ Audience. Mature Themes. Kind, honest,humble, sweet, polite and absolutely beautiful. Hard faced, sometimes scary, but a good father. T...
6.8M 264K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
2.8M 81K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...