I Told the Stars About You...

By bbvcwm

Ever thought meeting a stranger in an unexpected way and spending the night with them would change your whole... More

Author's Note
Chapter-2
NOTICE
Chapter-3 (part-1)

Chapter-1

142 11 16
By bbvcwm

*Screech*

I hit the brakes, as the car stops with a screeching sound. I sigh heavily as I lay my head back. I was finally able to breathe. I close my eyes for a minute and rewind what exactly happened. My phone started ringing.

It was my friend, calling me to come back to the venue, because my father asked him - no probably forced him to call me. Then I got this text from him.

Ohm, your father has gone into rage, come back, we can solve it out.

Solve it out? I found it amusing honestly, My father was about to ruin my whole life just because of his business with other's . Does he even thinks me as his son? The words my father told me kept ringing in my head.

'If you don't accept this marriage proposal, we will be sleeping on roads the next day! I need to save my business and reputation! And if you don't cooperate, I have no other choice, than selling away your mother's  only memory, her piano. And don't even dare to tell this to your sister! She already has done enough to my business and if she comes back, I am going to disown her!'

That piano was the only thing left of my mother, it's quite a rare piece and my father literally threatened me for this marriage bringing in the piano. And he also blamed my sister for all his dirty work! But, that wasnt it, he has done so many things,  I can't forgive him for. My blood boiled just by remembering those mistakes.

I got, out of my car, my phone kept on ringing but I didn't bother to check, I look around, wind brushing through my body, the sound of the leaves moving because of the wind, a small pond beneath the bridge. This place really calms me down. I for once forgot my issues but deep down my anger was still present.

I got down near the pond and placed my hand in the water, it was cold. My phone now again rang, which pissed me off, I was just calm a minute ago and now, this call irked me.

I turn my phone off, and bent down to pick a rock and throw it in the pond with full range.

"Damn it!!" 

But the rock I threw actually didn't land in the pond, it went to the other side and hit one of the bushes. Then suddenly, I heard a noise from that bush. I stopped in my tracks, was it a dog sleeping there? I didn't make it angry though did I? 

I heard more noise, now I got really scared, I scratched the back of my head wondering, if this dog will attack me because I ruined its sleep. But then slowly, I saw something rising above the bushes. I waited  until the dog or whatever creature was behind there.

But what I actually saw was a kitten face, it was a boy emerging from the bushes, brushing the back of his head. His eyes squinted, and I could see the dimples on his cheeks. He was wearing a light blue shirt with long sleeves and white pants. I felt like I had seen this face somewhere.He turned to look at me which bought me back to reality.

He looked at me  annoyed, and started rolling his pants up, as he walked in the water which made me realize that the pond was actually shallow, he walked to my side and got his legs out from the water stared at me with a pout, which I honestly found cute.He kept starting at me and then I gulped realizing that he needed an apology. 

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you were there." I said pressing my palms together.

He looked at me and smiled sarcastically, "You really think a sorry would be enough? You hit my head with a stone and it hurts a lot!" 

I sigh, and apologized again. But this time he pouts again.

"What were you even doing in the bushes down there?" I asked as it was weird.

He looked at me sceptical, "And why do I need to tell you that?" 

Ok, I thought this man would be sweet and innocent enough to accept my apology but instead he is getting on my nerves.

"Well, isn't it weird for you to be all alone here and hiding in the bushes at this hour?"

"And what about you?" he asked taking a step closer "What are you doing here wearing this good looking suit? It's as if you ran away.." he says looking in my eyes challenging me.

I looked away,  clearing my throat "And why do you have to know that?" 

He thinks for a second and leaves it be, but it still looked like he had doubts on me. I didn't think this was a good idea and time for it and decided to leave , but then he held my wrist. I turned around raising my eyebrow at him.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving "

"Oh no you are not." He says grinning mischievously. 

"Come on, Mister... you literally threw a rock at me and now you are leaving me like this?"

"I apologised. Twice." I said. "What else do you want?" 

"Well..."  He said as he left my wrist,I could sense him hesitating as he kept his eyes below.

"I need ice cream, it will help me cool down the pain in my head." 

I looked at him  with disbelief, "You are asking me to treat you?" 

"You can't help a stranger you've hurt? Fine, I guess I need to to walk back home with my head spinning..." he says pretending to pout.

Then all of a sudden he gasped, "And what if I faint! Oh god who will find me then? My house is miles away from here, and next morning I might be on the hospital bed-"

"Ok ok, fine. I'll buy you ice cream." I said unable to tolerate his talk. He beamed a smile which popped his dimples out. 

"Lets go!" He says smiling like a kid. I sigh heavily walking behind him.

'If it wasn't for the stupid rock, You would have enjoyed the calmness here, Ohm' I thought to myself.

We walked up back on the bridge and walked down the road, trying to find an ice cream stall, how the he'll did I end up with this random stranger on my wedding day? I thought I would take all my anger out near the pond and scream my lungs out or maybe drown myself. But here I am with this guy, treating him to ice cream.

"Hey, mister?" 

I looked up at him, "What?"

"I saw an ice cream truck while coming here, let us check if it's still there." he said pointing towards it.

I sighed , and followed him,  after a while I realized I didn't know his name. 

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Oh, now you are asking me?" He said raising his eyebrows. "I'm Nanon, what about you?"

"Im Ohm, and how far is this truck?" I ask as its been a while walking.

"Over there! See?" he said pointing towards it, I sighed in relief, I couldn't walk any more, my legs had gone numb. Nanon started to run.

"Hey, wait!" I called him out but he instead turned back at me smiling.

"Come fast!" 

I couldn't believe him. Aren't his legs numb? But I'm wearing a suit for God's sake. I could see the edges of my pants are dirty. I let it be and went back to Nanon.

When I reached there, he had already ordered two butterscotch ice cream. 

"Here, I didn't know which flavor you like, so I took the same one." He said stretching his arm and giving me the ice cream.

"I didn't want one." I replied plainly.

"Oh, don't be such a stubborn kid! I can't enjoy ice cream without sharing it with others." 

"But I don't like butterscotch."

"Have you ever tried it?" 

"No."

"Then try it and then tell me how it tastes. Come on!" He forced me into eating it. 

I took it from his hand and had a taste. It wasn't actually that bad, its much better than chocolate.

"How does it taste?" Nanon asked curiously.

"It's not bad." I replied smiling at this curious kitten. Has anyone told him that he looks like a kitten? He can melt anyone with his dimple smile.

"Ah, you smiled! " he exclaimed, pointing towards me. "I didn't see you smile till now!" 

I just smiled more at his words, "Its not like I'm a demon who has a dead poker face."

"Well, I thought you were." 

"Hey! How can you say that?" I ask, bringing back my serious face.

"Oh, I'm kidding. You should smile more, it looks good on you and you will feel more happy the more you smile." He says giving me a sweet smile.

Those words, made my heart skip a beat. I ignored it and smiled at him back, we ate our ice cream with silence for a while, and then I noticed Nanon having some on his face, he tries licking it with his tongue, but couldn't so he takes it from his fingers and lick it off from them.

'Cute.'

"Huh?" 

My expression got stern, oh shit, did you really say that out Ohm?!

"Is your head aching still?." I asked changing the subject.

"Nope." he said licking the ice cream.

"I still didnt understand how your head and ice cream connects here.."

He laughed, "Its something my sister Nonnie,always used to do... When ever I have pain, she ended up giving me ice cream which will melt away my pain...she used to do this to me since we were kids.. And my pain always used to disappear! As a kid all I wanted was ice cream!"

"Your sister must really love you..." I said laughing, I got reminded of my elder sister.

He smiled, "Yes she does..."

After eating the ice cream, I went to pay for them, but Nanon held my arms.

"P'Ohm, let me pay my half."

"Didn't you ask me to treat you and now you want to pay? No need, I'll do."

"But-" Nanon  whines 

"No butts. Here you go ma'am" I paid the bill to the cashier.

"Thank you. By the way, you guys look cute together." the cashier said and winked at us.

Me and Nanon  exchanged glances. He left my arm, which he was clinging onto a minute ago and looked away blushing. And all I could think of, how he looked so cute.

I turn back at the cashier and whispered  "Thanks, but he is not my lover.." 

The cashier was embarrassed hearing that but I smiled  "But, because of you I could see him blush." 

The cashier smiled, understanding what I meant, and I came back to Nanon who now looked a little worried.

"What's wrong? Is your head still aching ? " 

Nanon shook his head, "No P' thanks for treating me, but can I ask you another favor?" 

I couldn't say no to him, which I found frustrating. My parents are over there in the hall, dealing with my to- be in-laws but I'm here with him. And I don't regret it one bit.

"Sure." 

                                          ----------------------

"P' were you able to find it?"

"No." 

We are back where we had met, because Nanon had lost his earphones. I couldn't believe him when he told me his side of the story..

'I was walking by looking for a place, which a friend of mine told me about and then I found this pond, and it was so beautiful that I wanted to look around and I leaped down from the bridge, and that's when I lost them, and that's how you found me.'

God, how clumsy can he be? And its dark here I can't see a single thing! We switched on our phone torch looking for it. Then suddenly Nanon  called me.

"P'! Come over here! Quickly!" 

I walked at the direction where his voice was heard, it was somewhere behind the pond, I ran there to find Nanon standing there, his eyes were sparkling in the moonlight, he looked at me as he pointed around us, I look at our surroundings and I could see a field of red tulips. And infront of me, I see the night life of whole Bangkok, and I also saw Nanon in this frame, looking so happy and eternal in the night sky.

I just stood there, admiring this stranger I met today, the stranger with whom I spent this night with. This night was something which I could never forget. I approached him he turned at me and smiled.

"P' this is the place which my friend told me about, isn't it beautiful?" 

"Hmm. You love flowers?" 

"Yes, actually I love gardening! And red tulips are my favorite ones." he said looking around the tulips.

"Why tulip though?" I asked as I was curious.

Suddenly Nanon's face drop down, but he still let a small smile, he bent down and touched the tulips. 

"Tulips are my mom's favorite flowers, she told me that tulip symbolizes hope and a beginning of a new life and red ones symbolizes love...." he takes a long breath 

He stood up and went near the city view and sat down facing it, I sat beside him.

"The night is so beautiful, don't you think? I would have take a photo of this, if I had my camera with me.." 

I nodded, "You are right..."

 Then he looks up at me, "You know, I've been wondering..."

"Why are wearing a suit? It looks like you ran away from an event..."

"Do you really want to know it that bad?" I asked chuckling. 

"I mean.." he shrugged "You know the reason why I was here, its only fair if I know what you are doing here..."

"Really?" I asked looking at him.

"I do. Because you are in a mess..." he said resting his head on his knees and facing me with a smile. My heart again skipped a beat. I kept starting at him for a while.

'If I had a camera right now, I would have taken a picture of you like this'

"Huh?" Nanon shot his head up as I said that, wait did I say it out loud again? What the hell is wrong with you Ohm?!

Nanon blushed and laughed, "P' I think you have a problem of telling your thoughts out loud.."

"Well, you are right, I'm in a mess.. Because I ran away from my wedding.."

I scratched the back of my head, what is this? Why am I acting this way? This is the first time I'm feeling like this.. I am telling this to a literall stranger. But spending time with him.. Its comforting, its like I'm talking with a best friend, his atmosphere is calming and exciting too.

Nanon face dropped down, I couldn't make out what he was feeling, but his face changed suddenly to my words. Then, he brings up his sad smile again, which didn't show his dimples.

"Really? And why is that? You have someone else you love?" He said turning towards me.

I shake my head with a smile, "Its a business marriage.."

"Ohhh... I see. But again you didn't answer my question." 

"No, I don't. I just didn't like the marriage as I felt like I'm betraying them.." I said "And especially because of my father, "

Nanon looked at me for a second, "And what what about your father?"

I look down at my hands,"Well, he is the reason why our family kind of broke down, my mother died when I was 16, and my father married another woman, and now because of some business, my elder sister who had done nothing wrong is hiding.. She was the only one I could call as my family and now she left me too.."

I was about to break down, my hands were trembling. I didn't dare to look up at Nanon. Then suddenly a hand reached mine and held it. I looked up and found Nanon staring at our hands

"Its alright. Im here for you..." He looked up at me, "Atleast, at the present.."

When he said that, the tears I held back flooded out, it kept on coming, Nanon smiled a bit which again showed his dimples.

"Can I hug you P'?"

I don't know what would happen if I was in a right state, but I nodded at the moment. If it wasn't for him, I would have told them to get lost but he was different. He hugged me tightly, comforting my back with his hands. His scent was really comforting and was luring me in. He somewhat smelt between a vanilla essence and baby powder. I felt so overwhelmed by how someone cared for me other than my sister and mother and talking to him helped me take away everything from my plate.

"Do you know P'?" Nanon started to talk after I let my tears out. "Even, I lost my mom.."

My eyes widened, he was still hugging me but stopped caressing my back and I started doing it to him now, indicating to go on. Nanon took a huge breath, hugging me tightly as if he didn't want me to leave him.( Little does he know, I would never go.)

"It was 3 years ago, my mom always told me about gardening, she was always happy when she was near plants. She was a botanist, she was always fascinated by the nature.." I could feel wet patches on my shoulder, he was crying too.

"I helped her in gardening, and even I felt happy with the plants and nature, but after she left I couldn't even step inside the garden, I always got reminded of her.." Nanon's breath hitched.

I hugged him tighter, and chuckled. "Our families are similar aren't they? It's alright.." I said and comforted him.

After a while, I found Nanon laughing too. "And our fathers are assholes too." 

I wanted to ask him about what he meant but he looked up at me ."Thank you P'"

I nodded, "Thanks to you to Nanon, It felt really relieving to talk to you."

Nanon stood up smiling and giving his hand out, as I was going to accept it, the night sky had lit up with fireworks. Both of us turned to look at it, I smirked as I accepted his hand, he grinned as well.

"So what about forgetting our fucked up life today?" He asked still holding my hand.

I raised an eyebrow in question. He hissed rolling his eyes. "Do I have to say everything? Look. There is a market Festival over there lets go and enjoy!" He said.

Nanon didn't wait for my reply and pulled me along with him. I smiled at his actions.

"Fine then lets race till there!" I said leaving his hand.

"Hey! Not fair P'!" Nanon pouts but giggels and gains momentum.

We ran till the market, but since I was wearing a suit I lost balance making Nanon the winner.

"I won!" He said gathering air.

"I am wearing a suit, so obviously I came last." I said gathering air as well.

Nanon looked at me from top to bottom, "P' you need a change of clothes."

I started at him blankly. 

"Let's go buy new ones!" 

"Hey wait-" Nanon pulled me again. He doesn't know that I don't like dressing up fancy. He bought me to one of the stalls and asked me to try a lot of clothes. I kept on changing left to right when finally I came out wearing a white slim shirt and brown trousers.

Nanon's mouth hung open, "You look way more attractive like this!" 

I blushed and my stomach churned. Honestly he is being too cute telling me this.

"Thanks. Now where are we going?"

Nanon smirks "First up, let's try out the games!"

I followed him, there were a lot of games and all of them looked interesting, I've never been to a festival like tis so it is new for me. Nanon played the game where you have to throw rings on an item you want,he couldn't make it at the first two tries but the third one he perfectly landed it on a soft toy. Then we went to play Archery, Nanon wasn't able to aim the target, I studied him for a second and I understood what was wrong. I went near him and held his hand which was holding the arrow. Nanon was startled.

"You are holding it too low, hold it like this." I instructed him and shot the arrow. It landed perfectly in the middle. Nanon was surprised, he turned at me his eyes sparkling.

"P' how did you do that?!"

"Ahem. I used to go to classes when I was a kid." I said clearing my throat. My heart was beating so fast at the closeness.

"That's cool!" 

We tried a few more games then, we went to have food. The food here was also amazing. We were ordering our food when a woman started talking with Nanon. I didn't like it, then the girl goes even more close to him. I crushed the paper cup in my hand, I went near him and grabbed his hand.

"Excuse me, we need to get going." I smiled at her sarcastically.

"P'-" 

"Lets go darling.." I said and saw Nanon blushing, surprised, I didn't allow him to talk and took him away from her. I turned back and could see she was burning with anger, good. I smirked at her.

"Why, did you call me that!? It was so embarrassing, she would have mistook us!" He kept on blabbering, but I smiled.

"You didn't hate it though. At least that's what you're face says.." 

Nanon stood still, he didn't move for a while.

"Hey? Heyyy?? Earth to Nanon!" I shook his shoulders, which seemed to do the trick.

"Ah! Right, let's go on the Ferris wheel.." He said quietly.

"Okay!" I nodded.

We got on the Ferris wheel, Nanon was excited and looked nervous at the same time. I asked him about it.

"Its just.." Nanon started " I'm afraid of the heights.. "

I kept my hand on his, "It's ok. I'm here.."

The wheel started moving, which jerked making Nanon fall on me. I held him before falling down, we looked in each other's eyes, the time seemed to have stopped, I could hear both our heart beats. Loud and clear. Nanon backed off, looking away from me, I needed to calm down my heart.

Fireworks began again, we looked at it and turned to look at each other at the same time, we smiled, and now it feels like we don't need to talk to each other to understand, our smile itself conveys it. When we arrived at the peak, Nanon started feeling naesous , I held his hand tightly, and mouthed:

'I'm here for you'

He felt more at ease now, I could tell, I obviously could.. It feels like I've known him for ages now...I started at him, his eyes looked watery but he smiled still.. 

We got down and he held my hand while jumping off, he smiled at me, I returned him one as well. 

                                   -----------------------

"Today was fun.." 

I nodded, "Hm. It wouldn't have been fun if you weren't there.." 

He blushed, he looked at the front as we walked down a random road, I checked my watch and noticed it was already been 3 hours since I left the place. I started wondering what could be happening there...

"Don't you think.." Nanon started "We have something similar in our lives?" 

"Our family?" I asked.

He shook his head, "We both needed  a break.. From our fucked up life." 

I laughed, "But, I never thought I would meet you in this way.. "

"Destiny bought us together.." Nanon said and I couldn't agree more.

"You know... Its like we were sent to each other, to free each other from our past and problems... And its a feeling, as if I've met you somewhere before.." I said looking at him to find him already looking at me. His face looked anxious and happier at the same time. I got worried.

"Nanon.." I called him sweetly. "Are you alright?"

He nodded, "Its just.." He started "This meeting....almost seemed.. overwhelming.."

"What would you do if you found me again like this..near the pond?" He asked stopping in his tracks and turning towards me.

"First.." I said. "We aren't strangers anymore Nanon..We know each other very well..so we would meet each other now and then.." 

"But what would you do.. If you can't find me from tomorrow?" Nanon asked me looking serious.

"Then, I would find you, where ever you are, I would find you." I said looking back at him.

"Why?" He asked taking a step closer.

I was confused, why is he talking like this?

"Because you are important to me.." I said the truth.

He laughs, "But we only known each other for a night! And you already called me that I'm important to you?!" 

"Yes!" I raised my voice a little.

"Why do you think, I mean so much to you?" He asked letting the tears roll down.

I breathe in, "Do I have to tell you everything? Isn't it obvious Nanon?!" We stood so close to each other that we could feel each others breathe on our face.

"I don't know anything anymore!" He broke down, "Today was the first time in a while, I felt happy and was looked after  someone other than my mother! I-I don't know how I should feel! Or how I should act! I don't know!" He dropped his head on my chest.

I couldn't take it anymore, seeing him crying like this broke me..and he is the only one who made me smile apart from my mom and sister. He means so much to me since the first time I saw him... I held his face in my palm, he was still crying, I wiped his tears, and smiled at him.

"Please don't cry Non.." The nickname made Nanon hiccup louder. I looked at him in his eyes "You don't have to act or feel anything.. Leave your mind free and trust me okay na?" 

He looked at me confused, I just smiled at him as I finally closed the distance between us. I placed my lips on his and bought him close. Nanon let out a startled cry. I moved my lips on his, it was an exotic feeling, I poured all my feelings, love, frustration, sadness everything, Nanon found the momentum and started to kiss me back with the same passion, I could tell he gave his whole trust to me as I held him dearly. I wasn't sure if I loved him, but when I kissed him.. I am now sure I love Nanon.We broke the kiss, as I saw Nanon flushed as he gasped for air, he looked beautiful like this. His tears were dried on his pink cheeks, he lips opened a bit with our saliva coated on them. I held him in my palm.

"Nanon.." I breathed out "I love you."

Nanon's face widened, he didn't look away, and I also knew he has some feeling for me too, or else he wouldn't have kissed me back.

"I know we have only known each other for a night, but it feels like I've known you for an eternity.. Spending time with you, I realized that, I couldn't stop smiling.. Anything you did, I always smiled, laughed and felt happy, I want the same for you to.."

"Keep smiling, I always want to see your dimples all the time ok na?" I said as I held his hand.

Nanon couldn't speak, his throat had gone dry, he couldn't open his mouth, tears were the only thing which left from his eyes. He hugged me tightly, and cried again on my chest. I hugged him back, as he cried. He looked up at me, and kept his arms on my chest as he held my shirt tightly that his knuckles went white.

"I'm sorry Ohm..I'm sorry!" He screamed loudly.

I gulped back, was he going to rejected me? I was afraid. Afraid to let go Nanon. As I was going to hold him, he backed off..His tears long gone as he looked nervous.

"I'm sorry Ohm.. I need to go.. " 

Nanon ran away from me, I called out to him but he didn't turn, I ran behind him but he vanished in thin air, I couldn't find him. I couldn't keep him, I stumbled on my feet, it hurts. But not more than what just happened. I let my tears flow right there, on the street.

I can't.

                                               ꧁ ꧂

Ooff! This was a long chapter.. Sorry if something felt cringe here, I tried my best.

Why do you guys think Nanon left Ohm? There must be something Nanon's hiding..

See you guys in the next chapter!👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 274K 103
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
11.6K 692 13
|| Vegaspete || A Love tale of a human (Vegas) and his mysterious cat (Pete) who got the power of shapeshifting when its owner turned 23. β—Žfluff β—Ž Mp...
1.2M 64.4K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
4M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...